Photo

[2012.02.12] Three Hours in the Life of a SONE (Bangkok, Thailand)The GG 2012 Asia Tour Bangkok Experience (with pictures)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic
RickachuSNSD RickachuSNSD
  • Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

February 12, 2012. Sunday. 6PM. Impact Arena. Bangkok, Thailand.

Finally. After almost two years of waiting, praying, and hoping, this SONE has finally gotten his chance to see in person the nine blessedly wonderful human beings who have changed his life forever.

Some people would have called me insane, foolish even. To fly to a foreign land for the first time alone. To spend so much time, effort, and money just to see nine people who don't even know I exist. But flew to Thailand I did. Sacrificed some comforts I did. Spent a lot of money I did. Made that leap of faith and embraced hope I did.

On that fateful day, three hours before the concert started, I stood there, beholding the imposing presence of Impact Arena. I almost cried already at the sight of it. A really huge building where outside almost every single person that I saw was wearing pink, patiently waiting to get inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The gates opened an hour later. Section SD, Seat Number G9 (what a coincidence - "G9"). The first thing I saw was the diamond structure in which I knew they would come out from. I was utterly breathless as a tear immediately escaped from the corner of my eye. I still couldn't believe that I was finally inside Impact Arena, seeing just nine rows away the stage which they will grace with their presence a mere two hours later. As the place was filling up, I slowly began to understand why people would go to so much trouble just for this one night.

Posted Image

Fastforward to 6PM. The lights dimmed, and all I saw was the fabled Pink Ocean. Thousands of pink lights twinkled, danced, and waved in the darkness. I started hearing the cheers as well. It was such a magical and exhilirating experience right from the get-go that would last for the next three and a half hours. It was indeed one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

After the opening sequence, there they were. For the first time in almost two years my surgically-repaired eyes finally fell on So Nyuh Shi Dae. Kim Taeyeon was sitting at the top tier. Jung Suyeon (Jessica), Hwang Miyoung (Tiffany), and Im Yoona were right below her. And on the bottom tier sat Lee Sunkyu (Sunny), Seo Ju Hyun (Seohyun), Choi Sooyoung, Kim Hyoyeon, and Kwon Yuri. As I realized that Tiffany was looking at my direction, my heart immediately melted.

And the moment Taeyeon sang the words, "Sowoneul Malhaebwa...", that was it. I started singing, cheering, and screaming my head off, frantically waving my lightstick. It was as if I metamorphosed into this crazy fanboy that was imprisoned inside this almost 30-year-old body.

Posted Image

By the time they got into the third song (Mr. Taxi), my throat was already starting to hurt. I didn't mind. I didn't care. At least for that night I said to myself I will give 1000% of myself to them, especially knowing the fact that Sooyoung wasn't 100% and all of them for sure were suffering from some jet lag from their flight from Paris the day before. I felt that it was my responsibility as a SONE sitting there in the concert to cheer for them as much as I can, no matter what. I didn't care what would happen to me afterwards.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The rest of the time was like that. By the time the first half of the concert was done, I could barely speak. My arms were hurting from incessantly waving my lightstick (I alternated between left and right hands waving it - when my left arm felt tired, I switched to the right one, and then back again). My shirt was starting to get soaked with sweat. My eyes were becoming tired from lack of sleep.

At that point I realized why, despite knowing that they are physically tired, the girls kept on going. I saw it in their faces that they were tired. But getting that kind of reaction, that overwhelming amount of love and support, from the crowd was such a huge well of energy that it takes away all the fatigue. I realized how solid SONEs are. For some reason that explained why I didn't care what would happen to me afterwards. I have been praying for this chance to show my love and support to Girls' Generation, and there I was. I wasn't going to falter at that moment. So through the aches and pains I went on with the rest of the SONEs, still singing, cheering, and screaming my head off, my lungs out, and my throat hoarse.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And then came "Complete". There was a fan-event prepared for this song. At a certain moment, we raised our banners hidden under our seats. One side said, "After 785 days of waiting..." while our side said, "We finally meet". It was such an emotional and overwhelming experience that I was already crying when the song started, way before we raised our banners. "Complete" always made me cry and this time was no different. Finally hearing that song in the flesh, right there and then, amidst all the other SONEs in the Pink Ocean, was something truly indescribable. Watching them perform "Complete" pricked something deep in my heart that I would forever feel from that point on every time I hear this song.

And then, after seeing Sunny, Seohyun, and Sooyoung and even Yuri smiling in tears as well, I let go and just cried my eyes out. It was also obvious that Taeyeon was holding her tears back, just showing that derp smile of hers. I tried stopping myself, but I just choked on my tears.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Simply put, it was an emotional rollercoaster ride the rest of the way. I was singing and fanchating to "Gee" and "Into the New World" with a very rough and dry feeling in my throat that I thought I would permanently damage it. And speaking of "Into the New World", I have never dreamed that I would be seeing and hearing that song live and alive. Watching them sing and perform "Into the New World", the song that started it all, was such a magical and nostalgic experience, and made me regret that I wasn't a SONE from the beginning.

Another song that gave me goosebumps was "Forever". I also cried watching them perform that song as well. Especially on that particular point in the song when the lights went out, with only the spotlights shining on the Girls, and then the lights came on again with confetti bursting out all over the place, that really blinded me with my tears and overwhelmed my heart with so much emotion.

By the time they sang their final song, "It's Fantastic", I was conflicted. I wanted more. And yet deep in my heart I wanted it to end, so that the girls can finally get some rest back in Seoul after all of their hectic activities.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the end of it all, I realized now how much it takes to be a SONE. To exert that much effort, that much energy; to take that leap of fatih; to give so much of yourself to people who don't even know you; to give your precious time to them; and then don't care what happens to you. I realized that now, I'm at that stage, where chances are that I'll be a SONE for the rest of my life.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And it scares the hell out of me now. 52 hours after the whole experience (at the time of this writing), I'm still emotional about it. Going to that concert, seeing them in person, made me both happy and sad. Happy because I finally got to see their bright faces, their happy appearances, and their wonderful personalities. Sad because the experience was such a short one. And I know that to them, chances are they won't even remember my face, even if they saw it (they won't even know that I'm not Thai, but a Filipino who flew all the way from Manila to see them, hurting at the fact that they haven't been to my country). To them, chances are that I was just one more SONE swimming in the Pink Ocean.

But despite that, I also know that I'd be willing to do it all over again. I'd go through all the uncertainties and discomforts again, and go through the aches and pains again to cheer for them.

Finally being able to shout "Jigemeun, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Apuroudo, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Yongwonhi, So Nyuh Shi Dae!" with all my heart and with all my soul at the top of my lungs was truly an amazing experience. A dream come true. It was only at that time that I realized how powerful and how meaningful that particular fanchant really is.

Going to the concert simply galvanized my feelings for them.

If this isn't love for Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Seohyun, then I don't know what love is.

And after this, I can confidently say, "I love you, Girls' Generation... and I always will... until the day I die."

Posted Image
That's me before the start of the show.

PS. I'm still debating whether I should upload the videos I took. Most of them were really crappy because I wasn't looking at the screen when I was taking them. I was looking at them. And they were kind of distracting a lot because I was screaming like a crazy fanboy almost the entire show that it's kind of embarrassing to upload them now that I think about it.

Edited by RickLovesSNSD, 12 November 2012 - 12:49 AM.

Jigemeun, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Apuroudo, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Yongwonhi, So Nyuh Shi Dae! So Nyuh Shi Dae Saranghe!
My encounter with the Girls:
Bangkok, Hsinchu, Manila, Taipei, Taipei Again, Bulacan, Seoul, Hong Kong, Seoul Again, Taipei 3rd, Manila Again, Manila 3rd
My thoughts on the Girls: Power of Nine, One Year Later, Two Years, On Being a SONE, Deeper Feelings At your own risk: Twitter, Instagram Covers: Blind CH Ver. (SM The Ballad Zhoumi), Non-SNSD Covers Thread, SNSD Covers Thread Fanfic: Breathe, Don't Speak
BunnyPancake.jpg
If Fany uploads a picture of herself in that Party MV bikini like what Sunny did, I SWEAR I'M GONNA THROW MYSELF OUT THE WINDOW

NYCSONE NYCSONE
  • Donors
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Hi Rick - really loved your fan account, so happy you got to see them live!

Don't worry, their dream is to do a World Tour - that means the Philippines will be on the list, I'm sure of it and I know you'll be there!

I'm hoping for a concert in the States somewhere.

Thanks for posting your experience.
Sooyoung's 위풍도 당당하지.. http://www.youtube.c...ture=plpp_video

T e a m S o o y o u n g (a.k.a. Hair Flip Queen)

yuenjinyuan2011 yuenjinyuan2011
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for posting about ur experience. I hope that one day, I have the chance to catch them live.
I wish they will hold another concert in my country ^^ didn't get to go to their first haha

Check out my fanfiction about Yoonhyun:

My One And Only Love(Completed)

One-shot collection:

YoonHyun Holidays One-shot Collection

SNSDYoonaLee SNSDYoonaLee
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hey Rick, is such a good thing for you to get to see them live (how I wish I could too)..I'm hoping that they will come to Malaysia to perform..

Posted Image

♥Yoona here!♥Yoona there!♥Yoona everywhere!♥Yoona 24/7!♥

♥♪♫ ¥óóñâ ♫♪♥

♥♥

9 Hearts for 9 special girls...

[/left]

edclipse edclipse
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

I saw them live at the NYC SMTown concert and I also got autographs from them in person at the NYC Best Buy SNSD fan signing :).

greentea25 greentea25
  • Donors
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

that's so awesome!

cjw92 cjw92
  • Donors
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for posting about your experience~ hope you have a great time at the concert. Hopefully more asia tour ~ whoo ~

Posted Image

Posted Image

"In the name of Dandyu, we punish all you tall people." ^^

"Yesterday is a history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

haemonieshidae haemonieshidae
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Thanks so much for your fan account. I can feel yr emotions and glad that you finally get to meet and enjoy thier presence

I am waiting for them to come to N America West coast - I will definitely make arrangements to meet them at least 1 time

yulstephanie yulstephanie
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Its' just so nice that you really came to Thailand to watch the girls' performance since they do not have plans of coming yet in our country. You're so luuuuucky!~ You indeed put a lot of effort and money just to see them. It must have been one of the happiest days of your life! What else can you do if they are in our contry? Yeaaah. You really love the girls as much as the S♥NEs love them. To be travelling alone is sad but it's definitely worth-it if you see the girls in person!

I hope I and the Filipino S♥NES can see them in our country someday~~ Daebak!!

Edited by yulstephanie, 14 February 2012 - 10:59 PM.

Tiffany Sooyoung Hyoyeon Taeyeon Sunny Seohyun Jessica Yoona Yuri .

uwwpID1.png

sq6zA.gif

credits to: banner & icon - obelisk; blinkie - snsdxlover

JessicaJungy JessicaJungy
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

wow, this was a realy good account, it gave me goosebumps
thanks so much for it Rick (im not sure if that is your real name)

The Shy The Shy
  • Donors
  • 3907 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

It great hearing about your personal experience :D My sgt in the army went for their concert in Singapore a few month back and when he come back, his throat was sore for all the shouting but he don't mind and feel that it was worth it! Man, i feel so totally jelly hearing him gush about the performance. Due to me having to perform army duty, i can't make it to the concert althought i have vowed to myself that i will at least attend one SNSD concert in my life no matter what!
Posted ImagePosted Image
No matter how gifted, you alone cannot change the world. But that's the wonderful thing about this world. - L Lawliet (L: change the world)
Girls' Generation, thank you for always inspiring me to give in my very best. All of you are the best models in life that I can ever have, and thank you for being the light in the darkness for me!

FrozenArctic FrozenArctic
  • ♬Radio DJ
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Wow what an amazing concert experience (: When SONEs chant, scream and cheer in unison for the girls, it's at that moment, in that vast sea of pink, that we know it's all worth it. Flying in from another country, lining up, losing your voice and pushing your body to the limit, but the moment when you heard Taeyeon sing the first lines of "Sowoneul malhaebwa", you knew it was all worth it.

And what I find amazing about this fandom is its discretion for age, gender and ethnicity because when you're surrounded in the ocean of pink, SONE is the only word to describe yourself. I watched fancams of Complete from this concert and couldn't help but to feel so proud of everyone present. The fan event was such a success (':

"To exert that much effort, that much energy; to take that leap of faith; to give so much of yourself to people who don't even know you; to give your precious time to them; and then don't care what happens to you." - yes, this is without a doubt a feeling that all SONEs can relate to. This fandom leaves no regrets.

Thank you for taking the time to write this fan account and sharing this unforgettable experience ^^

二人だけの秘密だよ. cr; merong77.com

EC0vHcc.png

Read: Fan Fiction | Fan Account

Twitter: @FrozenArctic

Januar74 Januar74
  • Donors
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience. It took courage to do that and it's worth it!!

Daebakkkkk!!!!

zx1co3.jpg

craigpb craigpb
  • Donors
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the pictures. Glad to see they made your year.

pahyo pahyo
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the pictures and your experience,

I felt pretty much the same when I saw them at music bank last week,

sj_oppa85 sj_oppa85
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hey, Rick, thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us. Indeed, it takes huge load of efforts and pre-planning to fly in to Bangkok from Philippines.

BTW, just for curiosity, how did you end up with a ticket? If I remembered correctly, the tickets for the Bangkok concert were sold out within hours. You must have made another earlier trip to Bangkok then just to get a ticket? If yes, wow, I am further impressed. Anyway, this was a really good account of you. Sense your excitement merely from your writing.

Lastly, while I don't know what surgically-repaired eyes means, hope it is not really a big deal to your health. Take care, and thanks for sharing again.

• Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hey, Rick, thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us. Indeed, it takes huge load of efforts and pre-planning to fly in to Bangkok from Philippines.

BTW, just for curiosity, how did you end up with a ticket? If I remembered correctly, the tickets for the Bangkok concert were sold out within hours. You must have made another earlier trip to Bangkok then just to get a ticket? If yes, wow, I am further impressed. Anyway, this was a really good account of you. Sense your excitement merely from your writing.

Lastly, while I don't know what surgically-repaired eyes means, hope it is not really a big deal to your health. Take care, and thanks for sharing again.

It really took a lot of planning.
To answer your questions, well, I had a Thai friend whose brother helped me buy the ticket. He bought it for me and I paid him when I got there before the concert (and take note, I never met her brother in my entire life before). So I am so thankful to him and to my friend for getting me the ticket. Actually, when I got his message saying that he got it, I cried a lot. I had to read his message like two or three times just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. And no, I didn't fly to Bangkok before. It was my first time to fly to Bangkok during the concert. That was the only time that I met my friend's brother.

Also, well, I got LASIK surgery two years ago. I was near-sighted but it was becoming so bad that I decided to get surgery after 18 years of wearing glasses.

I wanted to put a lot of emotion to this writing just to capture all the thoughts and feelings that I had during the concert. But still, I have to say that words simply aren't enough to describe the whole experience of being in the same building with SNSD and thousands of fellow SONEs. Thank you for the kind responses.

Wow what an amazing concert experience (: When SONEs chant, scream and cheer in unison for the girls, it's at that moment, in that vast sea of pink, that we know it's all worth it. Flying in from another country, lining up, losing your voice and pushing your body to the limit, but the moment when you heard Taeyeon sing the first lines of "Sowoneul malhaebwa", you knew it was all worth it.

And what I find amazing about this fandom is its discretion for age, gender and ethnicity because when you're surrounded in the ocean of pink, SONE is the only word to describe yourself. I watched fancams of Complete from this concert and couldn't help but to feel so proud of everyone present. The fan event was such a success (':

"To exert that much effort, that much energy; to take that leap of faith; to give so much of yourself to people who don't even know you; to give your precious time to them; and then don't care what happens to you." - yes, this is without a doubt a feeling that all SONEs can relate to. This fandom leaves no regrets.

Thank you for taking the time to write this fan account and sharing this unforgettable experience ^^

Thank you for such a meaningful feedback! Actually until now (and it's been a week), I am still recovering from my physical ordeal. My throat is still hurting a bit (I can still feel that roughness inside) and there is still some stiffness in my arms. I am amazed on how unconsciously I have given so much of myself to SNSD during those three hours. It was a strong, very passionate, and very enthusiastic feeling that I have never experienced before.

What I didn't say here was that I had to run back to the airport to catch my flight that very same night (because I screwed up my flight reservations). So I was really exhausted (and it took me some time to completely recover from that as well) when I got back to Manila eight hours after the concert. I just thought to myself that SNSD experiences the same thing too, because they left Bangkok for Korea the very same night as well. But even after going through all that, I am pretty sure that I am willing to do that all over again if it meant a personal experience with SNSD yet again. Thank you!

Its' just so nice that you really came to Thailand to watch the girls' performance since they do not have plans of coming yet in our country. You're so luuuuucky!~ You indeed put a lot of effort and money just to see them. It must have been one of the happiest days of your life! What else can you do if they are in our contry? Yeaaah. You really love the girls as much as the S♥NEs love them. To be travelling alone is sad but it's definitely worth-it if you see the girls in person!

I hope I and the Filipino S♥NES can see them in our country someday~~ Daebak!!

It is and will always be one of the happiest days in my life. Practically the best three hours of my life. I busted practically a month's salary just for that weekend. Oh yeah, if they'd come to Manila, I'd personally volunteer myself to help organize any fan-event or fan project that we would do for the girls.

I was actually pretty scared to be travelling alone, knowing that I know very little of Bangkok. But thankfully, some of my Thai friends were available to help me get around and I am very grateful to them. And in the Arena, the Thai SONEs were very friendly and helpful as well. I was lucky that a lot of them can speak English. But still, being relatively alone was a little nerve-wracking.

I am keeping the faith, even though right now the chances are getting slimmer and slimmer by the looks of things. Thank you!

Hi Rick - really loved your fan account, so happy you got to see them live!

Don't worry, their dream is to do a World Tour - that means the Philippines will be on the list, I'm sure of it and I know you'll be there!

I'm hoping for a concert in the States somewhere.

Thanks for posting your experience.

We SONEs in the Philippines are still keeping the faith that they will finally come here. Yeah, if and when they will come to Manila, I'll be there for sure! I don't care how much it'll cost me this time (well, I didn't care how much it cost me in Bangkok). At least for the people in the US they already had a couple of SMTOWN concerts but a solo concert would be a blast for sure. Thank you!

Edited by RickLovesSNSD, 19 February 2012 - 02:08 AM.

Jigemeun, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Apuroudo, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Yongwonhi, So Nyuh Shi Dae! So Nyuh Shi Dae Saranghe!
Bangkok, Hsinchu, Manila, Taipei, Taipei Again, Bulacan, Seoul, Hong Kong, Seoul Again, Taipei 3rd, Manila Again, Manila 3rd
My thoughts on the Girls: Power of Nine, One Year Later, Two Years, On Being a SONE, Deeper Feelings At your own risk: Twitter, Instagram Covers: Blind CH Ver. (SM The Ballad Zhoumi), Non-SNSD Covers Thread, SNSD Covers Thread Fanfic: Breathe, Don't Speak
BunnyPancake.jpg
If Fany uploads a picture of herself in that Party MV bikini like what Sunny did, I SWEAR I'M GONNA THROW MYSELF OUT THE WINDOW

• Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

Thanks for posting about ur experience. I hope that one day, I have the chance to catch them live. I wish they will hold another concert in my country ^^ didn't get to go to their first haha

I already missed them twice in Taipei (I'm studying there right now since 2010, taking my PhD, although I'm on vacation here in Manila). So prior to Bangkok, the closest that I got to them was something like 300km. I was really crying over that fact and it really ate me up. So I know how that feels as well.

Hey Rick, is such a good thing for you to get to see them live (how I wish I could too)..I'm hoping that they will come to Malaysia to perform..

I hope so too. I hope that the next time they do a tour, they'd include Kuala Lumpur and Manila as well. We both share the same yearning and hoping. Just keeping the faith right now.

Thanks so much for your fan account. I can feel yr emotions and glad that you finally get to meet and enjoy thier presence I am waiting for them to come to N America West coast - I will definitely make arrangements to meet them at least 1 time

I tried to put as much emotion and meaning to this post, but still, words aren't enough to fully describe, narrate, and share what I thought and felt during that time. I had to actually take some time alone to process all the things that went through my whole being for that three hours. And man, I can still write a lot about it (and it's been a week since then). Good luck to you as well!

wow, this was a realy good account, it gave me goosebumps thanks so much for it Rick (im not sure if that is your real name)

Thank you! I tried to make it as real as I could from my own perspective - what I felt, what was going through my head and my heart during certain times. But like I said, this account isn't enough to really say what happened during those three wonderful hours.

And well, Rick is my nickname.

BunnyPancake.jpg

• Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

I watched fancams of Complete from this concert and couldn't help but to feel so proud of everyone present. The fan event was such a success (':

Honestly, even before "Complete" started, right after "Danny Boy" ended, I was bracing myself to cry like a baby. And when I heard the first notes of "Complete" play out, I almost lost it right there and then. I really don't know why, but I just feel that this song totally captures what SONEs and SNSD are all about. I felt it right there, smack in the middle of the Pink Ocean. I was crying almost the entire time (and I am still crying when I watch the fancams and recalling my own experience on it). I couldn't stop it. It was such an emotional and yet so perfect moment between SONEs and SNSD. Really makes me proud to be a SONE.

BunnyPancake.jpg

soshimind soshimind
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

Thanks for sharing! I live in Thailand but I missed chance to see 9 girls because the ticket was very few. It's sold out in 20 minute! T ^ T

You're so lucky ^ ^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  Keitaro88 (11:07:33 AM) >_> https://x.com/momosb...4269526388?s=20
@  alice_ot12 (11:24:10 AM) taeyeon is so pretty