Photo

[08.08.11] Yoona's Arrival at LAXOriginal - USA. Soshified towel delivery.. success!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic
Ghost Ghost
  • Project Leaders
  • 1613 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

August 8, 2011 ^^

Yoona's flight was supposed to land at 10:30am so I woke up at 7am, drove to Linda's house, picked up 2 other SONEs, and arrived at the airport at 10:10am-ish. I brought my SM Town Paris foam heart, 1st Japanese album photobooklet, concert towel, and Soshified towel into the airport. The NorCal SONEs (whom, if I may add, are amazing for booking last minute flights and driving ~9hrs with traffic to LA) were already waiting in the lobby. There were some Lee Minho fangirls and some other SONEs that we did not know too. And so, my personal group of chingoos (around 20 people) waited. And waited.

We did a lot of waiting lol. Our group kinda split up and covered the two exits. After waiting and waiting, we were getting restless because we didn't see a lot of people from the same flight as Yoona. However, we started noticing these guys standing in the waiting area with us holding "EIDER" signs (you know, the ones that limo drivers hold to pick up their clients). We knew that we got the right flight~

So I'm just standing there, thinking "any moment now..." and keeping my eyes peeled for Yoona while acting as a walking stereo blasting Soshi music from my PSP. Around 11:30am, I turn to my left, and Elsy & Jackie are gone. I look behind me, and there's a huge mob outside and a bunch of fangirl squealing. As I walked out, a lady approached me, showed me a picture, and asked if he's the guy I'm looking for. I shook my head and asked if there was a girl with him. She said no. Strange. Lee Minho was out (came out through the other exit)... Yoona was no where to be seen... but the Eider guys were still standing around. Was it a distraction? Or maybe Yoona already was out and was super ninja and left already? I admit, I was feeling a little discouraged at that point.

I decided to walk to the other exit and told Chen to call me ASAP if Yoona came from the main exit. And so we waited. But then, 11:45am-ish, I get a call from Chen. The only things I heard were... "Yoona. Out. Outside." and then I bolted around the corner and the pillars and WHATEVER was in my way lol. Seriously, I don't think I ever sprinted that fast in my life. To whichever fangirl that saw me bolt and tried to cut me off, I'm... speechless. -__- Anyways. Got to the main exit in like... 5 seconds, saw the mob, and approached.

Yoona is gorgeous. Amazing. Extremely nice. Has super amazing skin. She seriously was glowing. Yoona and the other Eider staff were waiting for the shuttle so they started heading towards the curb. I heard that Michael picked up Yoona's bags when they fell off the cart because the staff were trying to push their way through. ^^ Brian also managed to give Yoona his rose through the manager~ As Yoona was walking towards the curb, Dinny and other people were trying to get autographs but she said that she couldn't. Dinny then told Yoona that she went to the concerts in Seoul (SSF field trip!) and Yoona replied with satisfaction heh. So anyways. There was a pickup truck (I think it belong to security) where Yoona went. Fans were crowded around and even went a little off the curb to try and get closer. Yoona was concerned for their safety and extended her arm, motioning to step back onto the curb. To avoid anyone getting hurt, she then proceeded to move in a circle. She pouted a lot. It was cute. ^^

When she came around again and headed towards the curb again, I yelled out "YOONA! SOSHIFIED!" She turned, looked at me, accepted my towel, and cutely replied "Ah! I know! Oh~" I died. I'm still shocked that she accepted it. The manager was trying to grab it but Yoona took it first. She didn't personally accept any gifts either. She only had some placards, the rose, and my towel. ^^ Don't worry guys. Even though I wiped my sweat and cried on it at the concert 2 weeks ago, I hand washed it last night with the intention of giving it to Yoona haha.

The white van came and Yoona got in. I stood in the front so I saw her through the front window. Haha, there was this one point where Yoona looked down and her sunglasses slipped from the bridge to the bottom of her nose. It was soooo adorable. She got on her phone and called someone. As the van was leaving, she waved outside to the fans. My group and I just kinda stood there for.. 5.. 10 minutes? Still dumbfounded. And spazzing like crazy. After that, we went to go eat Korean BBQ. My fancam is posted below. The end. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjnIVYspoiU

Pallie's Thoughts (You don't have to read it ^^ No really. lol.)
Spoiler

지금은 소녀시대 앞으로도 소녀시대 영원히 소녀시대
영원히 너와 꿈꾸고 싶다

cr; cheesinator <3

sarahbot sarahbot
  • Donors
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

I totally agree with you about the airport "stalking." As long as it remains relatively calm and people aren't annoying the stars, I think they are completely used to people wanting to see & take photos of them. I was really proud of American fans, watching the fancams of today. I don't think Yoona was bothered in the slightest -- in fact, I think this was another instance that makes the case to Korean managers that the US is a safe place for their stars. <3

And (Y) (Y) (Y) to giving her the towel! Her reaction was SO CUTE!!!

mira_SoShi90 mira_SoShi90
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

wow, I'm glad that your mission has accomplished ^_^
reading from all fan acc about YoonA, I found that she really2 kind... especially towards her fans... so caring :D
I'm praying that one day I can meet her myself...
thanks for sharing your experience with us :)
p/s: some people just didn't understand our feeling to get a glimpse of our favorite idol... :( not everyone as lucky as them...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Finally, our wish is answered, "Malaysia, Put it back on!"
지금은 소녀시대, 앞으로도 소녀시대, 영원히 소녀시대 이후 2007년 8월 5일
With THE POWER OF 9, you can expect the unexpected
SNSD, 2PM, f(x), TVXQ!(UKnow-Max), H.O.T, IU, RYU HWAYOUNG, SPICA, Rania~

@miraliyana

yuyapinky yuyapinky
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

Wow,Thanks for sharing your fan account! I totally agree with the lives of international fans. We only have once-in-a-lifetime chance and u know,good fans won't go to the extent of stalking them with cars or something. Glad she gave fan-service & accepted your towel! she's really gorgeous & her EL is adorable <3

mehchan mehchan
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

wow! Lucky :( I wish i could have gone to L.A ;___;
The manager looked mean :< Glad that Yoona grabbed it first! :D
Today is the last day of the billboard i hope she can see it and be impressed D:

perikitiw perikitiw
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

whatever it is....

meet the idol is really dream for us, Fans. so i understand what they feel...because i feel the same..

i never meet SNSD...i just see them and touch them through the screen..

i am very happy if there were fans come to the airport and did some reporter's job and report to us who cant be there..

of course as long as the fans didnt do anything wrong..like disturbing the stars..

i am happy soshified is very familiar to them. When they heard "soshified" they would have such a great reactions...

I hope they will visit my country someday...

IheartmyBOO-THANG IheartmyBOO-THANG
  • Donors
  • 950 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

Pallie's Thoughts <3

THANK YOU!!!
Finally, someone who understands. *sigh*

It's not our fault we get over joyed and cross the line a little!
We really don't want to.
Sometimes, people are TOO caught up in the moment and they do something they wouldn't usually do.
But, sometimes crossing the line isn't so good either...

Any who, I'm just glad Pallie defended us international fans. ^^

I really hope I'll get to see the girls at one point in my young life.
Then, it'll finally be complete and happy...

Posted Image
Right now it’s Girls’ Generation! From now on it’s Girls’ Generation! Forever it's Girls’ Generation!~♥
Formerly SNSDsooyoung♥

||LJ||Collection||NMALAILY(On-Going)(JeTi)||

rickywong rickywong
  • Donors
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

I'm glad you went, you probably got the best experience out of everyone? :)

yay for being able to read about your experience after deciding to not fly from SJC to LAX :)

Sky2934 Sky2934
  • Donors
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hehe great fan account ^^, was totally worth the trip driving down from NorCal to meet up with SoCal SONES and seeing YoonA at the same time!! Haha she got my rose, I was so happy xD!! I thought she was an amazing person from reading fan accounts/watching videos, but coming to welcome her and meet her in person just blew me away. I felt like I was in the presence of an angel as her appearance glowed amongst the crowd of SONES. It was such a great experience, YoonA is just utterly amazing in person. I wish I could turn back time ><, least just for a little bit!

KC KC
  • Donors
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

To Pallie for handing off the towel and receiving that super cute "i know" and all the other amazing Cali SONEs that showed up to show love and support, thank you! through all the amazing fancams, i think all SONEs can feel like they were there... truly amazing, good job everyone! as a SONE, am very happy that Yoona was shown so much love in a safe and respectable way... huge props for adding to the already positive reputation that International SONEs have built over the yrs, hwaiting!!! <3 ~KC

Thommas Thommas
  • Donors
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:59 AM

Polite Stalker FTW \o/

You're so lucky.

I'm sure she's glad to see international fans wherever she goes. In fact it would be sad if they landed somewhere without SONEs ^^

Besides, SSF seems to be really appreciated by girls... you can tell by seeing her reaction.

She pouted a lot. It was cute. ^^

AAAAAhhhhhhhhhh :wub:

Yoona ... :wub:

global-generation-france-logo.png

TomoPL TomoPL
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:47 AM

Wow, you are hell of a lucky person, wish I could be there :whistling: I was laughing when someone said "She so hot" :thumbup:

ieezarpi ieezarpi
  • Donors
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

yes, i agree with you that iSONEs rarely, or never get to see them in person...
but you guys sure did gave her a nice welcome!!!
i wish i can see at least one member in person!!!
and i'll keep in mind about the autographs....hahahahaha...

I1DvE.gif

니.

JadeFalcon JadeFalcon
  • Donors
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

Great fan account Pallie, thanks!

I agree with what you said with regards to greeting her at the airport. We need to show our support and let the Girls know they have fans all around the world. That might make SM think harder about a more global presence.

It was good to see everyone pretty much well behaved. Poor Dinny got shoved by the manager. :( There was a possiblity of things going badly since the van showed up so late. You could tell the manager was getting super anxious. I think he yelled something about the van which made Yoong laugh.

I wish I still lived in Cali, I would have totally ditched work to be there with you all!

TheBoys-th1.jpg

TheBoys-th2.jpg
Twitter - @BigTaeng

wackedfoo wackedfoo
  • Donors
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

awesome fan account haha. reading about what all the norcal peeps did makes me wish i went with them ><
this seemed like an epic experience even if it didn't last that long. i think i'd die on the spot if she said her "ahh i know" to me lol. congrats to you, brian, dinny, and anyone else who had interaction with her =)
sexica is the best.

Saetang Saetang
  • Donors
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

Definitely an awesome fan account^^ Yoona's "Ahhh! I know~" was so cute, haha. I'm happy that you and the other Soshified members got see Yoona, and I'm pretty sure Yoona was happy to see fellow S♥NES greeting her at the airport as well^^

All aboard! The never ending Soshi Subway^^

giWWdHe.png

Dongyeon Dongyeon
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:47 AM

woow, how lucky SONEs are there. i wish i could go there too T.T
I'm sure she's glad to see her fans wherever she goes

Thanks for sharing your experience with us at that time :D

Jigeumeun - Appeurodo - Yeongwonhi, So Nyeo Shi Dae!

Posted Image

♥ So Nyeo Shi Dae Fighting! ♥

jesuca jesuca
  • Donors
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

great fanaccount :D

..I live in norcal too and was all excited and everything that she was coming to cali, buut I can't drive/& too poor to buy a plane ticket, soo.. T___T my uncle was in LA, so I called him to tell him about it [& ask for him to get me an autograph XD], but the moment he heard the word 'snsd' escape my lips he hung up D:

that sounds crazy though, & i definitely agree with the 'airport stalking' thing you wrote at the ending.
previously lovinyoochun.
tumblr / livejournal

MoonSoshi9 MoonSoshi9
  • Writers
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

Completely agreed with you Pallie on the airport stuff. From your video all the fans looked very polite and while excited, still gave Yoona her space. It's very cool that the girls can see they are loved here in the US. I'm glad you were able to represent us well!

JaeYi JaeYi
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:25 AM

Hmmm...
Now, that got me into thinking.
I wish I could get to see her personally as well. (Not just in my dreams.)
Actually, I wouldn't mind if she won't even glance at me.
But of course, that would be another story...

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down