Photo

[2015.04.12] When One Song Made Everything Special (Ciudad de Victoria, Bulacan, Philippines)The Best of Best in the Philippines Experience (with Pictures)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic
RickachuSNSD RickachuSNSD
  • Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:00 AM

April 12, 2015. 7:30PM. Philippine Arena. Ciudad de Victoria, Bulacan, Philippines.

Second time in the Philippines. Sixth time in this lifetime.

Best of Best in the Philippines 2015.

Of course, this was going to be my first concert appearance of Girls' Generation as eight members. From the get-go I knew it was going to be different. I just didn't know from the start that it would be special.

Girls' Generation was part of a four-idol group lineup which included Red Velvet, BTOB, and Super Junior, who closed the show. Of course, in this account, as always, I will be focusing on Girls' Generation. By the way, this was also the second time that I saw BTOB and Super Junior.

Well, I realized that I've been SoShi-deprived for more than a year. I was honestly worried because I'm actually back home in the Philippines. And that meant less chances to see Girls' Generation live compared to Taiwan. Well, being optimistic about it, that only means that I have to exert more effort to fly out of the Philippines to see them live somewhere else.

Anyways...

Firstly, I was relieved that Yoona was able to join them. At least they were complete as eight members for this concert. So yay.

After I daresay a very impressive performance by Red Velvet, and a very exciting stint from BTOB, I was shaking in my rubber shoes when the Arena dimmed and the big screen monitors flashed the opening video, ushering the entry of Taeyeon, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Seohyun onto the stage. It was reminiscent of their earlier entrances where the stage backdrop opened, revealing eight silhouettes standing in front of countless flashing lights. And obviously, all the SONEs in the audience started screaming their heads off.

So much so that I've barely heard the opening bars of their first song, Mr. Taxi.

P4123353.JPG

Clad in their pink "Mr. Mr." dresses, the girls took to the stage right off the bat. My hands were literally shaking as I struggled to watch, take pictures, sing, and fanchant along. It has been so long that I quickly made my throat hoarse from all the screaming, singing, and fanchanting. All while waving my pink lightstick and my foam banner along the way.

And as always, the girls looks gorgeous. I was so thankful that they seemed so energetic and enjoying themselves, soaking up all the love that we SONEs could muster for them.

Taeyeon sure was having lots of fun that night.

P4123355.JPG

P4123360.JPG

Well, except for Sunny, to be honest. I was worried what was going on with her since she seemed like she wasn't well.

P4123359.JPG

They proceeded immediately to their next song, "Genie".

P4123361.JPG

P4123369.JPG

P4123370.JPG

I'm really sorry for the quality of some of the pictures, as I was still shaking at this point of the concert. More so when Tiffany did her signature exclamation, "Philippines, Put It Back On!". I honestly didn't hear the second part of that sentence because of all the screaming that was going on the moment she said, "Philippines..." So basically all I heard was:

Tiffany: "Philippines..."

Audience: "KYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, that's what I heard.

Seems like I still couldn't believe I was seeing them again after so long. At least I got a shot off on their ending pose for "Genie".

P4123371.JPG

I really just couldn't describe it. I was feeling shaky all over my body as I continued watching the girls perform. For such a long while I felt that same old feeling again, all the excitement, all the anxiety, all the gratitude, of being able to see them live and being able to be a part of a huge throng of SONEs showing all the love and support for them. Even if I knew it was only going to be for a short time, I felt as if I was feeling so light and giddy again, so full of energy, all devoted towards the girls.

Afterwards, they paused for introductions. As always, hearing them live and alive, in the flesh, doing their introductions, going, "1, 2, 3! Anneyeonghaseyo, So Nyeo Shi Dae imnida!" sent shivers up my spine.

P4123374.JPG

And oh, they were such a tease! They mentioned about their new single, "Catch Me If You Can", and even did a sample of the song. I really thought they were going to perform it afterwards. I was actually jumping up and down at the prospects of being first dibs again, like what happened with "I Got A Boy" two years ago in Manila.

P4123376.JPG

But instead, they performed "Hoot" as their third song. Still a great song. Still fanchanted my throat out, along with the rest of the SONEs.

P4123377.JPG

P4123380.JPG

P4123384.JPG

Thank God for a more decent camera. Hahaha. These close up shots honestly killed me on the spot.

And next up was "Gee". As a signature song, it was obvious that this sent me back in time. It was so great to hear everyone go "Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee, Baby, Baby, Baby! Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee, Baby, Baby, Baby!" along with the rest of the fanchant. It was always a super fun experience to fanchant to "Gee".

Tiffany made it more special by ad-libbing at the beginning, "Uh-huh! Listen Philippines! We missed you!"

P4123392.JPG

P4123393.JPG

P4123396.JPG

For some reason, I ended up taking a lot of pictures of Taeyeon. I was glad that she was having lots of fun, smiling brightly and enjoying herself.

P4123400.JPG

And just like Genie, I got a shot off at their ending pose. Well, part of it at least.

I didn't honestly expect the next one, but when it blared on, I welcomed it rather excitedly. "Kissing You". I remember at this point that my throat was really hurting a lot and I was beginning to get exhausted from all the cheering and fanchanting and singing that I remember feeling light headed a bit.

P4123401.JPG

P4123406.JPG

And at least during this part Sunny was trying to cheer herself up and smile more. I was honestly relieved. And this was the part where they started walking towards the extension stage to be a bit closer to the audience, who were of course still cheering their heads off.

P4123410.JPG

After "Kissing You" came the biggest, most unexpected moment of Girls' Generation's performance.

They all walked back to the main stage.

The lights dimmed a bit.

They formed one straight line side by side spanning the middle part of the main stage.

And when the first bars of their next song played throughout the Arena, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I really couldn't. I was stunned for a few seconds when I realized what they were about to sing.

They were about to sing "Complete'.

I was in total shock. I totally did not expect them to sing "Complete". I totally didn't. Next thing I knew, I was crying my eyes out. I still couldn't believe it. "Complete". After three years from first hearing it, and crying my eyes out in Bangkok, here it was again. I fumbled around with my camera, trying to catch the moment unfolding right in front of my eyes.

And failed. It was just too much for me.

At this point, you can obviously see how stunned and shocked I was. I kept saying over and over again that I wasn't ready to see them sing "Complete". And with that one song, it turned this concert, which I was simply expecting to be just another KPop concert featuring the girls, into something special. Something very special. Tiffany said it herself afterwards, "It's been a long time since we sang 'Complete' for you guys." Yes, yes it was. And you girls got me right here so much that honestly until now, as of this writing, I still couldn't get over it.

And the last song was, of course, "Mr. Mr." I was admittedly, so stunned still with the previous performance that I couldn't catch any decent photos for "Mr. Mr." But suffice to say that I did my best to continue on, singing, cheering, and fanchanting like no tomorrow.

After the concert, as always, I was all drained out. That was when all the aches and pains started the befall me. And after the concert was another four hour drive through heavy traffic to get home. At the end of it all, I was exhausted and all worn out from the concert, leaving everything on the stage for the girls. Thirty minutes obviously was too short of an experience.

I also felt very thankful, as always. I honestly don't know what I did to deserve such multiple opportunities see and cheer for Girls' Generation, live and alive, in the flesh. I am forever thankful and grateful for all the chances that I got so far to be a part of the Pink Ocean.

And just like the previous concert experiences, this one would go down as yet another chapter as to how much I do love Kim Taeyeon, Jung Sooyeon (yes, she's still in the list), Lee Sunkyu, Hwang Miyoung, Kim Hyoyeon, Kwon Yuri, Choi Sooyoung, Im Yoona, and Seo Juhyun. Being there yet again, seeing Girls' Generation for the sixth time in this lifetime, for the second time in my neck of the woods, it didn't feel old. Just different. I feel that a part of me being a SONE has grown even more mature, that for sure that part of me will always love Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Seohyun, in that special corner of my mind and my heart. In my own little way, I love them.

As always, with great confidence, I can say, "I love you, Girls' Generation... and I always will... 'till the day I die."

IMG_2017.JPG
Yep. That's me outside the venue. Didn't realize that it was that big.

IMG_2019.JPG
And this is me inside the venue. My seat was at the Lower Box but whoops. Almost VIP.

IMG_2045.JPG
And this was the foam banner that I was talking about, the same one in which Sooyoung was refering to in her Instagram post.

Jigemeun, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Apuroudo, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Yongwonhi, So Nyuh Shi Dae! So Nyuh Shi Dae Saranghe!
My encounter with the Girls:
Bangkok, Hsinchu, Manila, Taipei, Taipei Again, Bulacan, Seoul, Hong Kong, Seoul Again, Taipei 3rd, Manila Again, Manila 3rd
My thoughts on the Girls: Power of Nine, One Year Later, Two Years, On Being a SONE, Deeper Feelings At your own risk: Twitter, Instagram Covers: Blind CH Ver. (SM The Ballad Zhoumi), Non-SNSD Covers Thread, SNSD Covers Thread Fanfic: Breathe, Don't Speak
BunnyPancake.jpg
If Fany uploads a picture of herself in that Party MV bikini like what Sunny did, I SWEAR I'M GONNA THROW MYSELF OUT THE WINDOW

ƧoNyuhƧhiDae ƧoNyuhƧhiDae
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:46 AM

great photos, seemed like all the SONEs enjoyed it. funny to see photos of cameras of more camera then the girls hahahahaha

Posted Image

---------------------------------

How Can You Not Resist Sunny's Aegyo

---------------------------------

STAY STRONG SOSHI, STAY STRONG SONEs

kaizersabre kaizersabre
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:19 AM

So cool! :)

Must have been a really amazing time for you and the SONEs from the Philippines!

Thank you so much for sharing all the excitement, thrill and emotion going on at the concert ^^

On a side note, what does the hand sign shown on the foam banner actually mean?

Aegyyoo Aegyyoo
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:15 AM

Thank you for your fanaccount! It looks like it was a nice moment for you and the others people. ^^

~S♥NE~

Vince01 Vince01
  • Donors
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:12 AM

Wow, this is a very nice read. I can feel how thrilling it was to have watched the concert through this fan account.

Oh, the 7th picture, where Taeyeon was in front, she looked sooo young   :blushing: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Shiso Shiso
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

Must have been a really amazing time for you and the SONEs from the Philippines!

Thank you so much for sharing all the excitement, thrill and emotion going on at the concert ^^

It says S♥NE and its thumb and index finger are formed to resemble a heart :)

나의 첫사랑

나의 천사들

나의 세상

나의 누나들

나의 소녀시대

• Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:13 AM

great photos, seemed like all the SONEs enjoyed it. funny to see photos of cameras of more camera then the girls hahahahaha

Yeah. It was a bit annoying since I was seated at the Lower Box area, and a lot in the VIP section were holding up their phones and cameras like there was no tomorrow. And yeah, we did enjoy it a lot! ^^

It was!!!! And yes, there was so much emotion going on that I actually found myself a bit confused myself. It has been a while since I've seen them and I am thankful that I was able to get that feeling back and relive all of the feelings and emotions of being in a concert and seeing SNSD live.

The hand sign actually came from this, when Lee Sooman posed with SoShi members doing the mini-hearts thing with their thumb and index finger as well:

Spoiler

Thank you for your fanaccount! It looks like it was a nice moment for you and the others people. ^^

Thank you! Yes, it was a really really really really really really nice moment. Like I said, it was all fun until they sang "Complete". That totally floored me to tears.

Wow, this is a very nice read. I can feel how thrilling it was to have watched the concert through this fan account.

Oh, the 7th picture, where Taeyeon was in front, she looked sooo young   :blushing: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you! As always, I try to capture all the emotions going through during the concert experience. It was such a wonderful time being able to watch SoShi live and alive.

And yes. Taeyeon still looks like a kid, no matter how you look at it. She just keeps getting younger and younger. LOL.

It says S♥NE and its thumb and index finger are formed to resemble a heart :)

Exactly!!! Thanks for the input. ^^

Jigemeun, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Apuroudo, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Yongwonhi, So Nyuh Shi Dae! So Nyuh Shi Dae Saranghe!
Bangkok, Hsinchu, Manila, Taipei, Taipei Again, Bulacan, Seoul, Hong Kong, Seoul Again, Taipei 3rd, Manila Again, Manila 3rd
My thoughts on the Girls: Power of Nine, One Year Later, Two Years, On Being a SONE, Deeper Feelings At your own risk: Twitter, Instagram Covers: Blind CH Ver. (SM The Ballad Zhoumi), Non-SNSD Covers Thread, SNSD Covers Thread Fanfic: Breathe, Don't Speak
BunnyPancake.jpg
If Fany uploads a picture of herself in that Party MV bikini like what Sunny did, I SWEAR I'M GONNA THROW MYSELF OUT THE WINDOW

Shiso Shiso
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:17 AM

Oh, and spot-on fan account btw :) I'll make sure to stop by and read this once in a while to relive the experience, haha. Still can't get over how short it felt though. Bawi tayo sa solo concert dito on their next world tour (hopefully this time!) :D

나의 첫사랑

나의 천사들

나의 세상

나의 누나들

나의 소녀시대

Taengoo0924 Taengoo0924
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

Glad to know that kid leader was enjoying herself in their performance ^_^ I hope that a solo comeback would be imminent for the band huehuehue (I did not force or push myself through to go to the event :/)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Please follow me on Tumblr~ @ kidleader-love and on Twitter~ @GGKidLeaderLove

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:01 PM

Looks like you had a blast, Rick!

I always enjoy reading your fanaccounts; this time was no different.  That part when you talk about Complete... *_*

Thanks for the account, the great pictures, and even a video haha!  I doubt I'll ever get to see the Girls anytime soon so... they should visit the Philippines more often so we can read more of your fanaccounts!  Hope you're recovering nicely :P

mdo7 mdo7
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

Judging from the story and the pictures (and the video).  I take it you had a fun time at that concert.  I can tell you look really happy to see them so much,

mikedo2007.png

• Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

Oh, and spot-on fan account btw :) I'll make sure to stop by and read this once in a while to relive the experience, haha. Still can't get over how short it felt though. Bawi tayo sa solo concert dito on their next world tour (hopefully this time!) :D

I occasionally stop by my own fan accounts to relive the experience as well. Hahaha. Being a sentimental fool, most likely. :P

Yeah, I try to keep it as real as I can. Being able to watch SNSD perform live and alive is just something that I am so thankful for that I want to keep it real.

Glad to know that kid leader was enjoying herself in their performance ^_^ I hope that a solo comeback would be imminent for the band huehuehue (I did not force or push myself through to go to the event :/)

I am happy too that she was seen going here and there all smiles and whatnot.

I hope so too for a comeback, well they said that they will have a comeback later in the year. Let's all wait for that one. :)

Looks like you had a blast, Rick!

I always enjoy reading your fanaccounts; this time was no different.  That part when you talk about Complete... *_*

Thanks for the account, the great pictures, and even a video haha!  I doubt I'll ever get to see the Girls anytime soon so... they should visit the Philippines more often so we can read more of your fanaccounts!  Hope you're recovering nicely :P

Thank you!!! ^^ Yeah, I try to keep it as real as possible from what I've seen.

And regarding my reactions to "Complete":

uIANDus.jpg?1

Like seriously. Right in the feels. I cried so hard.

Either they visit again or I exert more effort now to see them somewhere else. Korea? Japan? Who knows?

Judging from the story and the pictures (and the video).  I take it you had a fun time at that concert.  I can tell you look really happy to see them so much,

I did. And I am very happy to see them. I really don't get that many opportunities, so I try to grab the ones I can grab and just cherish the entire experience as much as I can.

BunnyPancake.jpg

msaeram msaeram
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

I am one of those PH SONE who unfortunately (just because of my parents' permission </3), spent 12th April night in front of the computer. Thankfully, a couple of SONE are giving live updates with what's happening in the concert, alongside with pictures. Though there's an audiostream, it didn't work properly on me. But despite that, I still feel the feelings PH SONEs had felt in the arena. Especially when you did the fanproject. XD I dunno. Weird me. Hahaha

To be able to really relate to those live tweets, I also watched fancam the day after. Hahaha. I really do love each performance, especially Mr. Mr. It seems that they enjoy performing here. Well, I agree with you about Complete. It's really unexpected, and tbh, up to now, I still can't get my strength to watch its fancam. Just by mentioning its title, iba na epekto sa akin eh. Btw, judging by the fancams of Genie, I think Tiff mentioned "Philippines, Philippines, here we go!" Not really sure.

Well, a solocon for SNSD is the talk of the town, after SNSD said that they'll come back. For me, I think it's quite impossible for the moment because they're still busy with the Japan comeback, but of course, I'm hoping. Forever hoping. :)

Thank you for the fanaccount, btw. ^^ 

Edited by msaeram, 15 April 2015 - 09:54 PM.

jKdSc0U.jpg

photo © google; edit © msaeram

No matter how hard and painful it is, I'm still sticking with those NINE girls.

twitter | tumblr

mdo7 mdo7
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

Thank you!!! ^^ Yeah, I try to keep it as real as possible from what I've seen.
And regarding my reactions to "Complete":

http://i.imgur.com/uIANDus.jpg?1
Like seriously. Right in the feels. I cried so hard.

That is the same feel when Tiffany and Seohyun touched my hand at a M!Countdown music show.  You're not alone, bro.

Edited by Rick♥SNSD, 27 April 2015 - 05:27 AM.
Please do not quote images. Thank you.

mikedo2007.png

• Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

I can't believe that a week passed already. Man. During this time I was so tired but still have to drive four hours (mainly because of the heavy traffic) to get home.

BunnyPancake.jpg

onlSY onlSY
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

It must be exciting and full of emotions to be able to meet the girls :(

Gee, how does it feels? haha

And this "...that for sure that part of me will always love Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Seohyun, in that special corner of my mind and my heart. In my own little way, I love them." part uh my gooodd

<33

• Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:56 AM

It must be exciting and full of emotions to be able to meet the girls :(

Gee, how does it feels? haha

And this "...that for sure that part of me will always love Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Seohyun, in that special corner of my mind and my heart. In my own little way, I love them." part uh my gooodd

<33

It feels like I'm in a different world where I have no worries whatsoever and I can just focus my energies on just cheering for them with all my heart and soul (as cheesy as it sounds). At least for that small number of hours I get to see them perform, I was so full of energy and I want to channel all of that to them.

Yep, that last part, I always write that down in all of my fan accounts of SoShi, simply because it's true. I do love them, and I will always love them, no matter what, despite the fact that they don't even know I exist. And that's a promise.

Thank you for reading my fan account! ^^

BunnyPancake.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  Keitaro88 (11:07:33 AM) >_> https://x.com/momosb...4269526388?s=20
@  alice_ot12 (11:24:10 AM) taeyeon is so pretty