[OTHERS] SNSD's Manager's Reply to Fans @ Sosiz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic
sweet x3 sweet x3
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:01 AM

I thought TY's message was real sweet an endearing but I can see why the manager wanted to mention that TY's message may have sounded too focused on herself just in case there are fans who may think she's being selfish. When you're the leader it's almost expected that 99% of the time you speak publicly, you're speaking for your group as a whole, personal things are usually second. Although I see nothing wrong with her message, I guess the manager just wants to cover all his bases in case fans of Tiffany, or YuRi say something like... why isn't the leader saying anything about Fany or YuRi!?!?! or some other super fan comment.

I think it's awesome that both the SNSD manager and leader TY took time out of their busy schedule to let fans knows how much they appreciate their support. I hope they continue to be the best that they can be and visit Soshified plus any other fan bases they may have as a treat to all us fans.

TaeYeon <3

lksmjcnt lksmjcnt
  • Donors
  • 451 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:02 AM

lol...i guess it's understandable about what he is saying since all the members requested and taeyeon was representing SNSD. BUT i loved taeyeon's little tidbits of herself...no matter what she still is a teenager/young lady. i think if taeyeon wrote how the manager wanted her to write it would have have been too impersonal. i personally loved taeyeon's letter...even though it was bias. lol.

luvinsoshi luvinsoshi
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1524 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:50 AM

anyone knows why they were upset?:|
the manager was probably just being safe..
but he was like totally not seeing taengoo's effort in writing..
then what about the fans who loved the message?and fans of taengoo?
the letter sounded safe yet completely unbiased to taengoo.
kah~taengoo must have been banned from eating rice cakes..lol :)
dont worry leader, all of us here loved your letter^^
their comeback is moved again..aah :(
S♥ne fighting, SNSD fighting~

Edited by luvinsoshi, 03 August 2008 - 08:53 AM.

Posted Image
avatar credit: Mellerz banner credit: mstar.

"Since we saw each other for about 5 years,
I can tell what they are thinking just by looking into their eyes." - Yoong

sLaVe3 sLaVe3
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

What the... people were actually upset about her message? I would have never guessed... Her message seemed so fair and I didn't think it was only about her... And plus, how much can you say about 8 other people's feelings?

-sLaVe3

If you can't believe, it's because you can't handle the truth
If you can't handle the truth, it's because you can't let go
of the lies

Posted Image

>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<< >>http://www.allkpop.com<< P.T.A. fo life!

tokio_II tokio_II
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

thanks for translating
i think dat the manager just looks out for the gals since there has been too much things lately
but i never think taeyeon letter is self - centered...
itsjus how she thinks and writes....wif her true feeling though~

cheesinator cheesinator
  • Donors
  • 2245 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

beggars can't be choosers. just be content with what we're given. taeyeon didn't HAVE to leave a message for their fans. she wanted to because she wanted to show her gratitude. and she did mention that she's speaking on behalf of SNSD. well i can see how she talked about herself a little more than SNSD as a whole, but still, it's not something that we should penalize her for. i don't think other sites or fans of individual members should get mad over this. taeyeon tried to thank all of their fans as best as she could, so what more do they want? to make up for this, SM should probably open an official fanclub site, so that there wouldn't be anymore bias. also, i'm glad that the manager oppa tried to protect taeyeon and SNSD by leaving an apology(ish) message to prevent any furthur misunderstandings. =)

thanks for the translation!

lovelovelove...taeyeon lovelovelove...taeyeon
  • Donors
  • 2379 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

whatever. lol, the manager is overanalyzing it. and the only reason he has to do this is because of how crazy the fanclubs are in korea. i thought taeyeon's letter was the sweetest and i know that she speaks for all the members no matter what.
©Wenting!

majo majo
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1324 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:07 PM

I understand their manager though...but I never thought taeyeon's message was self-centered...
taeyeon has life too -.-

this is what usually happened to the stars..they cant really express what they want for some matters that needs to be consider...

Posted Image
1 Simple Rule: Love Yoong no matter what

Kyle Kyle
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

Even though I have no idea how her letter was self-centered, I'm glad their manager is very cautious about these things, looking at it in all perspectives possible. Manager hyung is the bomb.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Forever we are S♥nePosted Image

cheessy cheessy
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

Other than the part where she went to the washroom and eating rice cakes while reading different letters, I didn't find it too self centered either. However, it would have been great if all the 9 of them write different messages to the fans, so that everyone could be satisfied. But, seriously I doubt people were upset because Taeyeon was the only one who wrote the message. I couldn't get happier reading such a long meaningful message like that. Anyway, him leaving a message like this is really appreciated, really showing how much love he has for the girls.

Thanks manager oppa for leaving a message and ak6c for translating ~

yien_luvsoshi yien_luvsoshi
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

er....? I really liked Taeng's letter. Very sincere..and it's not like she wrote only on her behalf.
And it doesn't really matter who wrote the letter, haha, but Taeng would be the better choice since she's the leader and all.

Can't really get the letter...what was the girls upset with?

SOSHI JJANG!
c ; khmeresmily

Kimmy Kimmy
  • Donors
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

I think there was a misunderstanding between Taeyeon and the manager. Seems he gave her the okay to post a message but he thought she would do it as a representative of the whole group and not just about herself. Some fans were probably upset cause they might think the other girls were too self-centered to write anything or because Taeyeon was the only member who was allowed to do so. It's very dangerous to not be clear about little things like this because fans are very sensitive especially when they feel slighted that the girls are not appreciative of their gifts or even of their fans because they don't take time to write messages themselves. The manager probably got complaints that's why he had to post a message reprimanding her and stuff so all fans can understand why their favorite member didn't respond also.
Posted Image

yukinOrave yukinOrave
  • Donors
  • 2108 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

me too. i read the entry of taeyeon and i didn't even notice hat it was jUst for herself?
she mentioned the whole snsd there..
wow~ if the manager talked someone from sosiz on the phone she's/he's so lUcky.. keke~
If 9 is all I have, I'm satisfied- - - - being a 소원 is written in my heart

Posted Image
지금은 소녀시대! 앞으로도 소녀시대! 영원히 소녀시대!

Were NOTHING without | 9 Girls 1 Generation9

speedyWing speedyWing
  • Donors
  • 726 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

Hmm it never occured to me that Taeyeon's letter would become a problem. To me, even though Taeyeon's letter talked more about herself, I thought it was more or less a representation of the thoughts and appreciations from all the girls. She is the leader. And I'm sure all the girls took their time to look through the gifts and letters.

I guess the managers have seen too many of these issues from overly sensitive fans. It wasn't a problem to me. But the fact that the manager actually brought it up didn't put me in a good mood -_- The letter was supposed to be a good thing...bah...but we should still be thankful that the managers are doing a good job protecting the girls.

kimtasticallicious kimtasticallicious
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

I don't think her message was self-centered.It was really nice of her to give us fans a thank-you message and such.We can't blame manager oppa though for being extra careful cause we don't want the girls to get hurt again.

Posted Image
©Mellerz OMGEE

TK TK
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

ahh thats why!! i was wondering why the other members didn't write a letter to the fans too. so taeyeon focused her letter to herself qute a bit. oh well it seem good enough to include the other members. she's the member so its would've been thought that she was speaking for all the 9 girls. hahaha like the reading the letters in the washroom. too sensitive? more like funny. i think the manager was being more protective and cautious of the girls right now. ever since what happened before like the manager mentioned. and i too felt kinda depressed after he brought the issue up. kinda brought the mood done don't ya think? ah well it was a good letter taeyeon wrote and a very touching letter. there wasn't need to change it. but now the manager came to confirm. thnx for translating!

"Let's do a kiss of love." - Yuri

Posted Image

----------------------____________매일매일 써니데이...______________----------------------
we're nothing without 9

heebx heebx
  • Donors
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:00 PM

The manager's reply was the result of some ruckus at Sosiz. Some people were skeptical whether Taeyeon's letter was the real deal, since many star-fakings happen on Korean fan sites. So the head of sosiz contacted SM to verify and the manager himself replied. The manager has to deal with VERY complex PR issues that exist between the each of the girls, multitude of fansites, and media. I think I know what his intentions were but yeah the phrase "self-centered" was not a good choice because it confused people into focusing on the wrong aspect of the letter.

We just need to see that the letter was Genuine Taeyeon. In other words we love SNSD and this love is reciprocal! That's why we are So One~

-------------
Also about the little part that wasn't translated:

Actually the whole paragraph is confusing. The manager must have really rushed to write it and the sentences just don't make sense together. The paragraph cannot be translated... However it is easy to see the gist of what he's trying to say.
1. Don't misunderstand that only Taeyeon is thanking the fans but every each of the girls wants to express her gratitude to the fans
2. Since it was only posted to one site (Sosiz) other fan sites could be disapponted. Individal member fans (for example fans who only follow Fany) could be disappointed. We didn't intend to disappoint any of you.

Basically that's what the paragraph is saying but literal translation isn't possible. Anyways great job translating OP!

babytadpole babytadpole
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

i dun think her letter's self-centered ... i'm really confused
she is a great leader and a big mother ...
she cares for her kids so she wont focus on herself too much
actually i love her letter
Tete jjang !!!

and i know that day is real
the day that the power of nine dominates
cuz the girls' generation is coming

luvshe luvshe
  • Donors
  • 1550 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

actually i don't think Tae Yeon's letter was self-centered...
her letter is so sweet and i'm really touched reading it...
i think the manager just tried to protect the girls...so thanks for leaving message

ah btw that manager should have let the girls leave message..
one message for each...that would be great...

the girls were upset about something? T______T
awwwww cheer up girls...it made us sad if u girls were sad...

well i admit i was really sad when i read that their album will be delayed..
i miss them so much...
but hey i dont mind to wait longer...

SNSD Hwaiting!

thanks caleb for the translation

Posted Image

I AM TRULY SOSHIFIED and I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF NINE

dorklove dorklove
  • Donors
  • 878 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

Like everyone else here, I didn't find Taengu's letter to be self-centered. It was written in first-person, granted, but that only made it the more touching. Somehow, I got the vibe of it being from the whole of Soshi, because, well, besides from the touching introduction (to assure us it was actually our dear Taengoo) it was very "we" and "our" in her letter.

As for the beginning part to this reply; I think it was just the manager-oppa trying to start off casually. ^__^;; He's quite awkward (in a cute way ? xD) isn't he?

I have a little question to the 'wind blowing' part. But I think mostly he just wanted to assure us that Soshi loves ALL their fans. And ALL of Soshi loves us.
Because, you know, Soshi did mention names...that's why the manager was like: "it would have been okay if there was an official fanclub page". Then it would be "exclusive"...but dude...I mean I don't expect Taeng to know ALL the fans in the world...though I guess that's because Soshified was mentioned. (I hope no fans were offended O_O)

Personally, I loved Taeyeon's letter. It was so...it was so friendly and loving~ I wouldn't have wanted it any other way...

And to the individual Soshi fans (thanks for translating heebx), I honestly want to recommend them to love all 9 girls (it's honestly when they're all together that they shine brightest). And they should know that Taeng was speaking for all of Soshi...;

Anyways, best of luck to you Mr. Manager-oppa. And treat the girls nicely, especially since their album is coming up! Don't be a slave-driver! Make sure all the girls (esp. Sica xD) gets enough sleep!

And I'll end this message by saying I'll continue to love Soshi. They're too dear to me...and their mistakes, as this manager reply rather proves, is always being nitpicked on...augh...

SOSHI HWAITING!!! ♥♥

Edited by dorklove, 03 August 2008 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image
hardworking.dreaming.pure.diverse.talented.persevering.dorks.asdfghjkkl;.Soshi. S♥ne
No other words to describe the love.fangirling.hype.support.strength.bond.
Credits: .Heather <3 Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

No shouts have been made in the Shoutbox, why don't you add one to get the Shoutbox started?