Photo

[02.02.2012] It was all worth it to see SNSDSeeing SNSD for the first time, New York

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic
ahsalover ahsalover
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

My fan account might not be as interesting as everyone else's but it really means a lot to me because it is the first time I saw them in person :)

I first knew SNSD visiting New York about a week ago. I thought to myself "Why didn't they come a few weeks earlier, when I was still on break from college?" I started thinking about the possible ways to see them. I missed the SM Town Concert because I had class in college but I really can't miss the second chance to see them. I realize, I wouldn't be able to go to all the events but I can actually make it to the last event (Best Buy fansign) if I skip two of my classes.

I should have known that I wouldn't be able to get any autographs because fans would be waiting way before the sign starts. My chances kept dropping as Best Buy began releasing more information about the event. I thought "Well, I should still go and hope to get a glimpse of SNSD"

I was very jealous that some of my friends who attend college in the city, had the chance to wait on line for the wristbands. They started waiting at 11pm!!!

I was excited and worried at the same time while I was in class. "what if I can't make it back on time?" I decided to skip Friday entirely and didn't attend the last class of Thursday, just to hop on a train on time to get back into the city. After dropping my luggage at home, I went straight onto the subway to get to Union Square. (I actually thought about going to Union Square straight from Penn Station after taking the LIRR, but dragging a luggage with me would not be a good idea when fans are all trying to get near SNSD)

Got to Best Buy at 5pm just when people with wristbands began going into Best Buy. My lucky friends went in while me and a couple of other friends stayed outside. Best Buy didn't close their store at that time, so we went in as well; only to be kicked out of the store after the security noticed we weren't there to buy anything. By the time we got out, there was a really huge line on the side of Best Buy. We went all the way to the back :'(

I walked away around 6:30 because my friend and I were talking to one of the paparazzi guys (i believe he is) and he told us SNSD was scheduled to arrive at 6:45. But by the time my friend and I went back on the line, some people said SNSD already arrived and went through the back door. I was just thinking... HOW DID I MISS THAT??? The bus came back the second time and parked in front of the backdoor. My friends and I gave up waiting on the line and just stood in front of the bus. I think There were only 10-20 people in front of the bus at first. One of the staff was standing there and we just chatted about who we like the most and what we like about the girls. Everything was just normal AND COLD for the next 2 hours we were there, while the fan sign was going on inside. SNSD is expected to come out at around 8:30. It wasn't until the last half an hour when people started crowding. The original 10-20 of us were pretty upset and mad because people were just pushing and shoving us to the back.

I was especially frustrated because one individual women stood in front of me when I was talking to my friend. I was originally part of the first row next to the bus. Everyone was talking about her because she kinda just ignored us and skipped the line. And she was really tall so she basically blocked all of our view. What was the most frustrating was she also dragged along her boyfriend (who didn't really seem interested... in my opinion) and he was just as tall.

Within the next 10 minutes, the amount of people standing near the bus increased by 50 times! All I knew at that moment was I have to keep my spot! The security made us move back and more people began to guard us. Finally the door opened! But I think it was just staff and everyone was testing their cameras already. I barely had any space to move, everyone was cramped together.

At last! I see Yuri coming out of the door, waving hi and making a heart with her hands. She was smiling really brightly. Taeyeon was really gorgeous, I didn't know how to react anymore. Tiffany came out and smiled very energetically, waving both hands at us. Sooyoung followed up and she was just as pretty. Everyone looked like they were shining. Jessica wasn't there :( but I was glad I saw the rest of them. Yoona and Seohyun were kinda shy. I wasn't really able to Sunny and Hyoyeon because people were blocking me but I did see them walk into the bus. Tiffany stood next to the driver's seat and took a picture of all the fans (i think hyoyeon did the same but I didn't see it). I was like, wow, I can finally say I saw SNSD in person! I was only hoping for a glimpse of them but I thank everything for letting me see more than I expected.

I'm still quite tempted to go to their hotel and spy (LOL) but I haven't been able to find a friend to accompany me :(

link to my recorded video of the huge chaos lmao

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
that is yuri by the door!

Posted Image
Yuri waving hi!

Posted Image
Yuri making a heart for the fans (in the middle of picture, very blurry :/ it looks better in the video)

Edited by ahsalover, 04 February 2012 - 02:24 PM.

soshiyoona305 soshiyoona305
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

I wish I could have skipped classes. :confused:
Posted Image

1,2,3. In just three seconds, I fell in love.
Right now it's girls generation. From now on, it's girl's generation. Forever, it's girl's generation.

Into the new world or not, it's up to your choice.

ahsalover ahsalover
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

After seeing my friends get their wristbands, I wish I skipped another day of school :'( I didn't even do much at school that day. I really want to see them again!!

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

:pinch: goodness for real S♥NEs are hardcore, skipping classes just to see Soshi. Good job :thumbsup: ! man a lot of peeps are really rude in NY -_- . i wonder if it'll be the same in California, peeps there seem to be more nicer and respectful though. nice that you get to see the ladies ^_^ thanks for sharing.

adrysone adrysone
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

SNSD daebak

cjw92 cjw92
  • Donors
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

I am so jealous that you guys can even met them up close!! Gah, I wish I can meet them too!

Posted Image

Posted Image

"In the name of Dandyu, we punish all you tall people." ^^

"Yesterday is a history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  Keitaro88 (08:07:54 PM) yaeh
@  korniceman3000 (01:37:10 PM) I wish SNSD would have a comeback just so it would bring some life back to this forum....
@  kidrobot (07:26:33 AM) ...