[OTHERS] Yoona's winning newspaper composition3.25.11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic
오이사랑싴 오이사랑싴
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

For those Yoong addicts, you might remember this from from Yoona's Manwon Happiness.
Her homeroom teacher said she got second place in composition in school, that got on her school newspaper.
She didn't "win", but we all like to make her a winner :P
So this is it!! the composition!!
Keep in mind that this is translated and won't be as good :(

Title:The letter

Letter is a good way of communicating. There are times letters can deliver words that are hard to express and embarrassing to say. Even for receivers, they can comprehend the words in different ways than when they hear the words with their ears.
I write letters and greeting cards often on special occasions. Rather than text message, phone calls, or talk directly, I think writing letters is much more meaningful and delivers words better.

Delivering words by talking directly is good way. But it feels like I'm delivering words abstractedly, and words don't get remembered well. However, when it's written in a letter, it makes better impact, and gets remembered more easily. Also, I think people can receive the feeling 'This person is thinking about me this much'.

The reason why I emphasize that letter is a good way is because of my experiences, and because I felt it. That's why I keep recommending letters and think positively about it. Anyone would have experienced few times, but I have many good memories about letters. I'm going to list a few.

This occurred when I was in 4th grade. There was a time I had to move to different school, and move to the house I'm currently living in. At that time, my homeroom teacher from past school handed out colored A4 papers cut in half to all my classmates, one each. I didn't get the paper. No, she didn't give it to me. It turns out that those were letters that my friends wrote. My homeroom teacher gathered the letters together, including his own letter, made a cover, and used a paper clip to hold them together. That was so moving and I was so thankful......
Those letters are now kept in a box that I keep precious items. When I take them out and read, they're fun and I remember the faces of those friends.

Also, about a year ago, a friend I was close with had to emigrate. I remember writing 100 letters and giving it to her. It was a new experience and I feel that it was a gift that she will always remember. Also, another treasured memory is from past Teacher's day. For those who I was really thankful of, I bought pretty ribbon cards and wrote what I wanted to say, and things I'm thankful for. I was glad because I think I delivered thoughts and words I couldn't say directly. I was happy to see them smile when they received my cards.
I felt comfortable writing words in the cards things that were hard and too embarrassed to say directly, and I think those who received the cards would be happy. On special occasions(Christmas or New year's day), I write letters to all the people I like. I felt good about it and from two years ago, I started writing greeting cards to many people. Maybe because I can remember more, and like receiving the letters, I also like giving them.

Because of many treasured memories I have about the letters, rather than ordinary memories, they were treasured ones. Do many other people have many treasured memories about letters like me? I think there are people who don't. If there are any, I feel pity for them. It's not too late. Write a letter to those who you're thankful of, people who love, and people you want to remember.
You feel better when you think of people who receive your letters, being thankful and happy that you will start writing more letters. Originally, I didn't like writing them because I didn't have pretty hand writing. But at some point, I liked writing and receiving letters. People write e-mails these days often these days. But I think letters written by hand is more meaningful.

I think letters are each rings that connect people person by person. When there are times you want to repay or send your feelings, phone calls, text messaging, and email is a good way. But I think writing letters by hand in a neat paper is a good way to deliver their sincerity and heart.

translated by 오이사랑싴@soshified.com
credit: Taeyeon gallery originally from bestiz

p.s As you can see, it's really long and it took me so long to translate.
comments are always appreciated :D
Posted Image
Warning: my siggy pic might distract you from reading my translation

"If you don't act without thinking, I think the life just goes on like water leaking." - Seohyun

My twitter: http://twitter.com/cucluvsic

KC KC
  • Donors
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

i don't know why but reading a composition like this that Yoong herself wrote is so special

thx for translating this Will, all SONEs but especially YoonAddicts are gonna love this <3

Jennyi_jc Jennyi_jc
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2268 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:02 PM

I personally avoid writing letters because of my horrible handwriting too..
But after reading this, I felt motivated ^^
I'll consider writing more letters in the future..with my horrible handwriting >.<
thanks for translating

cbFyK.png

"I have a wish.. Please make me a S♥NE forever.."

Twitter

Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

Gah I don't know when I will ever stop loving this girl. Does everyone remember when YAMD ended and she wrote personal notes/letters to each staff member? Seriously I'm so glad things like this hasn't changed over the years for her. This is truly precious and what she wrote is really touching and something everyone can relate with. She's so kind, I don't even know how to contain my love for this girl honestly! I can't believe she wrote 100 letters to her friend, that shows her loyalty and nice nature! Actually I was told at a younger age to always leave thank you letters/cards for people because it shows that you care and it doesn't take that much time. I'm glad Yoona feels the same way! I will continue to write you letters in the future Yoona and hopefully you shall cherish them :) Thank you for translating, Will! I love little things like this haha it makes me love the girls more because haha what they do is so sincere and just a part of their life :)

Posted Image

Link to old thread with her letter for a Yamd staff member: http://soshified.com...o-a-yamd-staff/

twitter: http://twitter.com/soyuri
Global Generation

Save yourself time and check the FAQs before PM-ing me.

kpopaddict kpopaddict
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

She's a good friend. I wonder if she still writes letters to anyone nowadays.
Even if it was translated, it was beautifully written. It didn't get 2nd place for nothing.

Posted Image
b;pandagirl

byeol3 byeol3
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:11 PM

Aww.. I wonder if this is the reason why she wrote a letter to apologize to her grade 3 friend. Hehe. Cute Yoong.

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

Is this an expository essay? Looks like it. Wow, Yoong is really good! I can't think of anything sensible to write if they gave this topic to me! I can really sense Yoong's maturity when I read this work. I agree. Letters are so old-school that they are cool. I love trying to write in cursive :D

Great to see that Yoona's compo got published. That school's newspaper must be a hotcake-seller after the news got out. :D

Thanks for translating! :thumbup:

Edited by Caricactures, 25 March 2011 - 11:14 PM.

Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

pushuphater pushuphater
  • Donors
  • 1291 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:14 PM

Aww... this is so special. Yoona's words are so meaningful. It's so sweet how they compiled letters to Yoona and how Yoona is writing letters as well.
Second place huh, I bet Yoona could have beaten the first place winner.

Thanks for translating, it seems like this one was difficult to translate, so thanks!

poinakajima poinakajima
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:14 PM

she's a great writer! i was even touched reading the composition. i wonder if yoong could even write one for me. :D lol.

Thanks for translating. you did great, Yo! imma gonna save this in my snsd docs! ;)

LavaBlade LavaBlade
  • Donors
  • 1640 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

Ah, this letter was from quite a while ago!
really sweet of her to write letters to her friends and loved ones!
and i agree with what she wrote! a letter really conveys sincerity of the heart.

i guess in this day and age, everything is electronic. so its quite seldom, even rare that you get to write letters.

Thanks for the translations and share!!

Edited by LavaBlade, 25 March 2011 - 11:21 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

5 years of Girls' Generation

SNSD | 소녀시대 | Girls' Generation | 少女時代

Jigeumeun Appurodo Yeongwonhi!

doe doe
  • Donors
  • 1809 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

I teared a little while reading this... Yoong is so sincere in everything she does. You can see the emphasis she places on feelings and emotions, and that's probably why she finds letter-writing the best way of communication. As compared to emails and text messages, letters are so much more meaningful because they're handwritten and personal.

Thanks for translating :)

b9DS6.png

© a: glasstained@lj; s: danhobak

tofuluva tofuluva
  • Donors
  • 543 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:18 PM

Letters are a great way to express our thoughts and feelings that sometimes words, speech and text messages can't. Yoona did a superb job in expressing why letters are more personal and heartfelt. I can definitely relate to her as I've always found it easier for me to say what I want on paper rather than in person. It was a pleasure reading her work and she continues to amaze me with her kindness~

Thank you 오이사랑싴 (cucluvsic) very much for your hard work and efforts in translating Yoong's composition. You did an excellent job and it's very much appreciated~ ^_^

I want to be like the four seasons: In the Spring I will be fresh, in the Summer passionate, in the Fall refreshing, and in the Winter warm. -Sunny

2ny wearing my 1st gift (^o^)v My humble SNSD collection, 05/09/2011~ Sunny photo compilations (mediafire folders) 1 2 twitter

Posted Image

jouls14 jouls14
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

Aww. This is like so personal. I remember she said she rather received letters as present than other things. Gosh, so much of Yoona-feelings at the moments. :wub: Give me your address Yoong, I'll write to you everyday <3

thanks for translating! ^^

JeTiYulYoonTaeSunSooHyoHyun

taeyeon17 taeyeon17
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5771 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

writing letter by hand is indeed more special than others
nice composition by yoong ,hope yoong can develop her composition talent
thanks for the translation ^_^

Edited by taeyeon17, 25 March 2011 - 11:31 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

colin<3SNSD colin<3SNSD
  • Donors
  • 835 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:25 PM

i personally don't really like to write a letter, because it's hard for me to think what to write. but i like to read, seriously, Yoong's letter is really impress me. as a friend, i never write letter to another friend. this is so good. she give me the meaning of the letter, and also it's good to show the feeling toward friends if i'm embarrassing to say. love u Yoong ^^
thanks 오이사랑싴 for translated and sharing this, ur translated is good ! ^^

Posted Image
icon&banner cr:lynnryan@soshified

Follow me on twitter --> Posted Image

jyeong89 jyeong89
  • Donors
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:25 PM

I feel so motivated to write a letter NOW! :)
thanks so much for translating this.
It's such a special article. :)
Motto : Don't do something that you'll regret later.
Quoted - Taengooooooo

Posted Image

prettyoungthing prettyoungthing
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5552 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

She's been spontaneous about this "letter" thing.
Its her standard answer when asked what she likes to
receive as a gift: "letters" or "journals".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOONADDICT SINCE 2009

glorane glorane
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

thanks for translating.

i enjoyed reading Yoona unni's composition. i fell what she was trying to convey and it touches me.
i am also like her. i keep all of cards and letters that my friends gave me. reading those letters and cards makes me relive the moments that i am with my friends and makes me miss them so much.

creating personalized cards for my friends during special occasions was one of my habits. it's like sending your love through those personalized cards... it's so touching!

i totally agreed to what Yoona was conveying. letters are simple but it's the thought that counts... right?

luvall9+5 luvall9+5
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

Yoona .., you're 1 of the kindest and cutest in the world!
Your word is absolutely true fact. I agree a letter represents many things that can't explain by talks.

I'm not Yoona-biased. But she makes me love her gradually more! :)

Thanks for translating! Fighting!

GO TO My --> Posted Image

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3178 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

For a high school student, this is really... deep. I definitely didn't think anywhere near on this level when I was just in high school (probably still don't), so it's amazing to see. Yoona is clearly really intelligent! What's she saying is so true too... e-mails and texts are fast, but with the speed you lose the meaning behind it. The metaphor that she came up with at the end was really appropriate for what she was describing. It's already touching in english, so I can only imagine how beautiful it must be in Korean. Combining all this with the fact that she wrote letters to all of the YAMD staff... that's really touching, and goes to show you what kind of person she is. Yoona really is amazing. Thank you so much for translating!

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot