• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic
ak6c ak6c
  • Donors
  • 2242 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Yoona, a girl prettier than a flower----------------------------------------------------

S: Is there anything you thought would be fun/good before debut, but now getting tired of?
Y: Doing hair and make-up almost everyday because of our schedule. We used to be really excited on
days when we visited the salon that we would take pictures and all. Now that it's a daily thing, I get
annoyed time to time going to the salon. But that feeling is only temporarily because I usually like to
decorate and I'm doing something I like now.

S: Don't people that recognize you on the streets crowd around asking for autographs?
Y: I don't think there are that many people that recognize me yet. hahaha!

S: We know you're living in the same place with all the SNSD members, can you tell us a funny episode that happened?
Y: There are times when we don't know who's in the house because all the member's have been living
together. There was this one time when all the members got ready to go out, and when we happened to
open door to one of the bedrooms, Tiffany unni was still lying in bed. If we hadn't seen her, we could've
gone out without her (laughs).

S: Has any fans visited SNSD's dorm?
Y: Very rarely. There are some fans that leave fruits or soft drinks in front of our doors. We were really
surprised to see some fans outside our building while we happened to look out the window once.

S: Is there any memorable gifts you're received from your fans?
Y: I received a blanket recently. All the unnis had not one, but two or three each except for me. I was
very happy to receive a blanket as a present.

S: What are some things you always carry around with you despite your busy schedule?
Y: I tend to use a PMP rather than a MP3. I download movies and listen to music on it. It also has a DMB
function also so I record our TV appearances and watch it later on too.

S: What are some personal belongings that you cherish the most?
Y: Cellphone, diary, and a photo album that has pictures of me from when I was young until now.

S: When do you feel the most happy working as a SNSD member?
Y: When I stand on a SNSD stage and hear and see our fans cheering for us. Today as well! We won 1st
place at M!Countdown.

S: Who helps/supports you the most?
Y: My family the most, and after that would have to be our SNSD members. Also my trainer unni who was
in charge of me since my trainee days, and our manager oppas.

S: What are some good habits that SNSD members have?
Y: All the unnis are very hard-working. So much that they have a lot of free time in the morning (before
leaving for schedules) after getting up early, washing up, and eating breakfast. TaeYeon unni and HyoYeon
unni are the most hard working.

S: What are you most interested in besides singing and acting?
Y: I have a lot of interest in cooking. I enjoy watching food tv-shows, know how to cook rice, ramen, and
even curry.

S: Is there an area you would like to challenge in the future?
Y: For now, working hard as a singer and in acting is my goal. Looking at the acting side, if given the
opportunity, I would like to act in a movie. I hope to become an actress like Jeon Do-Hyun (전도현) who
can adjust to and naturally act to whatever role that is given to her.

Posted Image

Yuri, a girl carrying a confident charm.----------------------------------------------------

S: What are some of the biggest change happened to you after you debuted as a SNSD member?

Yu: After people started being interested in SNSD and (SNSD) started becoming the centre of public
attention, I feel a bit burdened by that. We can't go wherever we want and our freedom is limited now
compared to the time before our debut. Also, I lived by the clock and an organized daily life before. But
now due to our busy schedules, our eating pattern has changed and I'm a bit worried about that.

S: Something you like being part of SNSD?
Yu: I feel happy because we can feel our fan's big love for us. Before debut, I was tired just from
practicing but being able to stand on a stage and perform to our fans now, makes me very happy.

S: Some shocking moments while living with the members?
Yu: The morning after all of us moved in, the entire kitchen was flooded with water the next day. We found
out that the water from the laundry machine flowed backwards and caused it. Because of that incident,
all the members had to get up in the middle of their sleep and clean the mess together (laughs).

S: How did you feel on SNSD's debut stage?
Yu: The members of SNSD went through 5~6 years of training. We felt very ecstatic and fluttered inside to
finally show everything we trained on stage to our audience. There were a lot of fans, that we did not
expect, when we stood on the stage. I tried very hard not to cry, even before stepping on the stage.
It was a very happy moment and I don't think I'll ever forget that.

S: What are some of the differences between the soon-to-be released 1st album and the single?
Yu: In the single, we showed a lot of bright girl-ly images and was only able to reveal around 50~60% of
our talents. In this album, we would like to show the charm only girls (소녀) have and show a very diverse
image along with that to our fans. Please wait for it!

S: What is your real personality like?
Yu: I'm very out-going. I don't know how others will think of me but I don't put on an innocent air
(tricky/crafty). I don't think in my head how I should act in front of someone. I always try to show the real
me.

S: Is there any nicknames the fans call you?
Yu: There was a time I had to wear a HanBok (한복) for a show, and upon seeing that, they call me 'Kwon
Suh-Bang' (권사방). There's also 'Kkab-Yul' (깝율)

S: Is there any person you really want to meet after becoming a singer?
Yu: I really like Justin Timberlake. If given the chance, I would really like to meet him.

S: What are your other dreams if you did not become a singer?
Yu: I think I would've become a singer no matter what. If not a singer, then an actress at least. I really
liked it ever since I was a child. I enjoyed dancing and singing along while watching Music Programs.

Posted Image

Tiffany, a girl shining brighter than a jewel.----------------------------------------------------

S: First of all, congratulations on placing #1. You've risen to the #1 spot after 2 months after your debut, how do you feel?
T: I just feel really thankful. When we heard we were one of the candidates for the #1 spot, everyone
(SNSD) decided to not expect much. We were really thankful for just being a candidate (for the #1 spot) 2
weeks in a row. None of the members really got much sleep because we were busy practicing for the
dances of BoA sunbaenim's 'My Name' at the 100th M!Countdown Special. We just wanted to try our best
in performing BoA's song well. And having Lee Seung-Gi (이승기) sunbaenim as the other candidate, we
didn't think we'd win it. However, unlike last week's announcement of #1, they did a standby. And at that
moment, we thought 'no way' or 'impossible...'. When they announced that SNSD was #1, I think all the
members just stood there still, because none of us could believe it. Then I was the first one to cry and
then all the members started hugging each other and crying.

S: After winning #1, leader Taeyeon made a speech for SNSD. Would you like to say thanks to anyone right now?
T: Foremost, thank you to everyone in our SM Family. They worked really hard for us. And our members,
and my loving families, thank you very much. Ah, we forgot to mention during the speech, but thank you
so much to our stylists and hair & make-up team. I don't think we would be here right now if it weren't for
them.

S: It's been 2 months since you debuted, is there any change in thoughts/feelings you made before you debuted?
T: At first, I promised to work hard no matter what and never lose focus. But now, it's a bit different. Of
course I still think what I thought before, but I guess you can say I feel a bit more greedier now? I want to
do good even more and I want to show a growing and improving Tiffany to everyone.

S: Don't you feel a lot of pressure gaining so much popularity in such a short time? (Elite CF, #1 Spot, etc.)
T: Because of our busy schedule, we never had much time to think about our popularity. When we had a
Fan-signing event, we were all surprised to see so many people show up. We were all really worried that
no one might show up in the beginning. Despite the many areas we lack, I'm really thankful to all our fans
who loves us still.

S: There's a lot of people that like SNSD around me. What do you think is SNSD's charm?
T: I think they like seeing SNSD working hard. Truthfully, we have a lot insufficient areas. And for them to
love us despite all that, I think SNSD working hard in everything is what opened their hearts for SNSD.

S: A smile that makes one feel good when looking at you. A warm heart that is considerate of others. I
think they're all Tiffany's charm. what do you think?

T: (laughs) Rather than a kind heart, I think they liked seeing me being positive in all situations. I think
people feel that way after seeing me greet brightly wherever I go.

S: You have a description as 'Tiffany, a girl shining brighter than a jewel'. Is there any other description
you wanted?

T: I actually really like the description so I don't really have any other that I want (laughs). Maybe if I had
to choose another, something of a mature ambience (laughs)? I think I'll get that when I grow older, so
for now I'll stick with a soshi-like image (laughs).

S: Can you tell us about SNSD activitiy's from now on?
T: First of all,thank You for loving 'Into the New World'. We are preparing our 1st album right now. SNSD's
working hard to show everyone a better & improved SNSD look so please continue loving us.

Posted Image

Sunny, a girl who has more charm inside than what you can see on the outside(?)----------------------------------------------------

S: How does it feel placing #1 after 2 months of your debut?
Su: I still can't believe it actually. I can't imagine us being loved this much. All the members cried on
stage, but we cried even more when we got off the stage. Because we were all shocked and felt disbelief
on stage, we didn't cry as much. But after coming down, we thought of all the training days and we all
broke down. I would like to say thanks to our family and everyone at SM. I'm very happy to be here right
now with the SNSD members.

S: There must be some things that have changed after your debut? What's the biggest change?
Su: First of all, the fact that we debuted is the biggest change I guess. Also, if I was battling something on
my own before debut, all the members battle it together now.

S: Now that you have debuted, there must be some things you regret not doing. What are they?
Su: I regret the fact that I didn't spend as much time with my friends as I could've. They're all very busy
now that they're in highschool. I can know what's happening with my family without talking with them, but
I don't know much about what's happening around my highschool friend anymore. However, there are a
few life-long friends, who I can talk to when I go through some hard times.

S: Now that all the members live together, you must be all really close. How is it?
Su: Now that we live together, we know about each other a lot. If I feel a bit upset about something, they
ask me what's wrong right away. You feel secure having just one close friend, but having 8 close friends is
even better.

S: But I can imagine there could also be some downside to living all together?
Su: There isn't any downside. It's just hard to share & use the washroom together (laughs). Even if we
come home by 1am, by the time everyone finishes washing up, it's 3am. But now that we are used to it,
everyone has a habit of showering very quickly (laughs). We also let other members who have schedules
the next day go first now.

S: Would you like to say something to your roommate Yuri right now?
Su: I feel like we're even closer than before because we have a lot of time to talk. I really cherish Yuri a
lot and would like to say that she's mine. I'm always thankful of my loving friend Yuri. I think if we
continue cherishing each other like this, our friendship will be strong forever.

S: Now that the 1st Album is being released, can you describe it for us briefly?
Su: We've shown a girl-like image on 'Into the New World'. With the album, we would like to show a more
upgraded image of a girl.

S: Would you like to say anything to the readers?
Su: We, SNSD, will always continue working hard as a response for all the love you have given us. Thank
You!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

credits to: original scanner & soy@soshified & ak6c@soshified
please credit if taken out

+ some of the translations are a bit awkward because there isn't an english word for that korean word +

taeyeonsig02.png

QQ阿 QQ阿
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

Thanks for the translation, very nice.

Posted Image

[spoiler]SNSD's brighter than gems and mushroom girl Tiffany!!!

Vika Vika
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

how about Tae Yeon :D ? . thankz for sharing :D

rebt rebt
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:52 AM

thanks for translating ask6c

haha, tiffany would've been left behind if someone hadn't checked
wonder who found her?
collaboration; the start of revolution
my decision; the start of revolution

--epik high

Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

bam. its a done deal, haha yuri, i love JT too <3 alot !!!
and poor fany, haha she always manages to get left behind, 0_0.
aww sunny "You feel secure having just one close friend, but having 8 close friends is
even better." haha but she still needs to back off of yuri -_-
i can't believe it takes them like a good 2 hours to just use the washroom 0_0

thanks so much for translating caleb.

twitter: http://twitter.com/soyuri
Global Generation

Save yourself time and check the FAQs before PM-ing me.

tranceid tranceid
  • Donors
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:54 AM

That's a really nice translation *^^* OMG I've ben wanting to read the magazine ever since I bought it, but I got no clue what's in there >.< It's really cool to read..and considering that it's been 3 months since the release of the magazine, they have gone through so many things, way more than what they have said in the article <3

Wow, rarely fans visit their apartment~ I would want to go there one day...when I visit Korea~ xixixi

Thank you so much for the translation~ <3 I really appreciate it ^^

--yuri-- *^^*

Posted ImagePosted Image
Banner+Avatar:xeudaemonic
지금은, 유리시대~!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Beat Of Angel(BOA) Beat Of Angel(BOA)
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for the translation >W<
Thanks for sharing

sinic999 sinic999
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:55 AM

thanks for translating. These interviews were interesting.

cuak cuak
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:03 AM

Interesting interview, they seem pretty honest in their answers. It might sound mean but the Tiffany sleeping story is pretty funny xD

Thanks for translating ^^

majo majo
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1324 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:05 AM

thank you! thank you! thank you!
I can't read korean so your translation helps me a lot..
nah I wonder what would it be if yuri will meet Justin someday???then they might collaborate with their dance move.. :rolleyes: my mind again!!

I also want to visit their dorm once in my life :lol:
let me see...my luck someday

Posted Image
1 Simple Rule: Love Yoong no matter what

fenn fenn
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:52 AM

thx..
for translating..
the fans in korea was reali lucky can go to their dorm..
Posted Image
ava n siggy by me

Sev Sev
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:31 AM

Whaa! Thanks ak6c. Great interview imo. And really nice to get to understand it. Thanks again.

Miwa_Chan Miwa_Chan
  • Donors
  • 1254 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

Yoona's interview:
I knew the girls would eventually get tired of having their hair done everyday xD Id get annoyed by it too after a while.
PMP? Does she mean PSP? I saw Yoona with it on one ep of GGTS.

Yuri's interview:
The kitchen overflowing. Wow that mustve been hilarious and also..frustrating xD Aww Yuri likes to be free, I remember she talked about not liking being caged in or something in her mtv interview >_<
Yuri likes Justin Timberlake? Wow not expected..

Tiffany's interview:
I can tell Tiffany is really thankful and loves all the fans the girls have hehe another reason why she is so popular I guess xD

Sunny's interview:
Having 8 close friends must really be a blessing ne~ Sunny must be really happy about that. Sunny wants to say Yuri is hers? Gah what about Yussica? haha xD

Thanks alot for this trans!

ak6c ak6c
  • Donors
  • 2242 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:04 PM

Yoona's interview:
I knew the girls would eventually get tired of having their hair done everyday xD Id get annoyed by it too after a while.
PMP? Does she mean PSP? I saw Yoona with it on one ep of GGTS.

Nah, in Korea have have this thing called PMP (Portable Multimedia Player) where you could listen to music, watch videos, and take pictures like a digital camera on it. :)

It sort of looks similar to a PSP I guess lol.

Posted Image

taeyeonsig02.png

Spazmatik Spazmatik
  • Donors
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

Thanks very much for translating!!

Because of that incident, all the members had to get up in the middle of their sleep and clean the mess together

Isn't this the incident that Jessica slept through? Haha!

Posted Image

Twilight54 Twilight54
  • Donors
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

thx for the translation! that wuz really good. Poor tiff almost getting left behind cuz she wuz sleepin.

Posted Image

Young Buck Young Buck
  • Donors
  • 3399 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

Sunny is so cute saying Yuri is all hers. Haha.
SunRi makes a nice pair too.
I hope Yuri keeps on acting, love seeing a dorky side of her.
Thanks for the translation.^^
Posted Image
Ditching Timeline: Jessica--->Yuri--->Taeyeon--->Yoona--->Jessica

misosomi007 misosomi007
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:20 PM

yay!!! thanks for translating this soo much!!!

소원 S♥ne
Posted Image
++credits JULiE// Miwa_Chan++

hid_pit hid_pit
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for translating. Yuri's so cute! And tiffany's answers are always so positive!

jingaling! jingaling!
  • Donors
  • 2773 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

gah, thanks so much for translating!

지금은. 앞으로도. 영원히.

きっと誰もが希望を探して 全ての過去を旅した

小さなてのひら 集めた種から 花束になるように ♫

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol