Photo

[10.02.09 - 10.04.09] Dave's LA / SM Town ExperienceOriginal - USA | VERY LONG / PIC HEAVY | Hyoyeon waved at me??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic
Rev // Dave Rev // Dave
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

Note: If you don't care about the days before SM Town just skip to it, but it was pretty funny.

THIS FAN ACCOUNT IS VERY LONG AND SOME PERFS. MAY BE OUT OF ORDER SORRY IN ADVANCE

September 2nd 2010

The night before i couldn't get any sleep the night before, maybe like 3 hours of sleep. So i wake up take a shower and pack my carry on bag for my first time being on a plane ever, and this trip to LA for SM Town was worth it. My brother arrives and he drives me to the airport, got my ticket and went to my terminal, the next couple hours is pretty much waiting for my flight, so ill just skip all the people sleeping and annoying families.

So, the plane ride was mountains, fields, and deserts... nothing that spectacular, but was still a pretty flight.

Woo! I arrived in LA. Walked to baggage claim and waited like 15 minutes for my bag... From looking at maps of LAX it looked giant but it wasn't as big as it seemed to be. I got on my shuttle to my hotel along with a couple other people. One girl needed to be dropped off at SCU so it was sweet seeing the campus there. So finally i get dropped off at my hotel, The Clarion, it's not as nice as the hotel the SSF people stayed at but it was great for what i needed to do. Sleep. Anyways i was a bit early and the Front Desk told me i had to wait a half hour before i could check in, so she took my bags and I went to eat lunch at McDonalds (lol).

While i was eating some kid asked me if i wanted to buy some DVDs, they looked hella bootlegged so, of course i said no. Oh yeah i forgot to mention that my hotel was right between a restaurant called Seoul Garden and a Korean BBQ Buffet that has an interesting story on the next day, so keep on reading :)

I finally get to my room and i can see the Korean BBQ Buffet place outside my window, rest of my day consisted of just resting so ill leave that out.

September 3rd 2010

Day 2!
So this day is pretty interesting. I went to McDonalds for breakfast (it was the closest place, haha). Anyways when i got inside there was this old Korean man sitting down eating his food WHILE he was holding a sign that said "Believe in Jesus, Avoid The Way Of Hell" and he had a banner around his body which said something in Hangeul so i couldn't decode that.

After breakfast i walked down to Downtown LA hoping to maybe see someone from SM shopping or some deal like that, but no luck. But i did see a couple bums! I also walked around the Staples Center and took some pics of the statues out front. Pretty much the rest of the day consisted of this so ill continue to the night where something pretty awesome happened.

Before i continue i forgot to mention that my hotel had the channels MBC America and SBS so i was pretty stoked about that. Anyways, during the night i was watched Saving Private Ryan and Changing Lanes. Here's the sweet part, after the movies ... outside of my room i said that there was a Korean BBQ place, right? Well they also had seating outside and while i was watching TV i heard a familiar song and it finally clicked ... They were listening to After School's song Bang! and after that Run Devil Run was on, that made my night. Before i went to bed i watched a show on SBS called Running Man, Shinyoung, Son Dambi, and Se7en were on it, it was pretty funny. Anyways lets move onto the best part of the trip ... Day of SM Town.

September 4th 2010

I started the day off with meet one of my buddies i've been talking to online for the past couple months at a Starbucks, there we waiting for our other friend we talked to online also, but we decided to meet him at the SSF Meet up.

We walked to the convention center and found the the room the meet up was gonna be in, so we sat against a wall until we could get in. There were people everywhere it was awesome. Then Soy came out and said we had to line up, everyone went nuts to get in line, luckily we got in line not even that far from the entrance ... the line was so long it wrapped around the hall, pretty much both walls of the hall way were covered in people ... that's how long the line was to get in. After a couple minutes of waiting we finally got in and my buddy and i got our free starcards, both got Sunny (Seemed like there were ALOT of sunny cards).

Then we got in line to get our shirts, my buddy got his shirt very easily, but when i got to the table a SSF staff member (i would believe so) wearing the Orange Taeyeon Oh! shirt (i couldn't get a glimpse of her name on the lanyard, sorry!) had some troubles getting my shirt she has to go through like 2 or 3 lists of names to find mine, but then we finally found my name and got my shirt, haha. We proceeded to look around the meetup, there was a section to write a message to the girls so i wrote to Yoona, hopefully the girls actually get those messages. You could play a game to win tickets to get free starcards, body painting place, an SNSD cutout, and some cakes. We got in line for the game. Andrew Chi and Ghost were in charge of the game, it was cool meeting them. The point was to guess lower or higher than 15, Andrew would throw the die and if you for example guess Lower and the die equaled out to lets say ... 10, you would win a ticket then you could either go get 2 starcards per ticket or go double or nothing. I ended up trading my Sunny card for a Yoona one and then i exchanged my ticket for 2 more Yoona cards :D.

Then the dance contest started, it was kind of hard to see cause i was in the back but what i could see people really know their stuff. Then they did a contest to win a free ticket, i think it was a floor seat i forgot, but you had to freestyle rap and have SNSD in it or you could Beatbox. Some guy did a really awesome beatbox and i give him mad props for that, he ended with just saying "SNSD" which was funny, and of course he won the ticket ... congrats to him.

I forgot to mention about how MBC was there to interview Soy and i think i remember someone telling me that KBS was there too. Also the CEO for yesasia was there so that was awesome also. MBC was really awesome though, the lady that was interviewing Soy i remember seeing her on shows and streams somewhere but i just couldn't get her name out i totally blanked out.

By this time the meetup was pretty much dying and everyone was leaving to go eat and some other stuff before the concert. During the meetup we met our other friend and after the meetup we decided to get some food but before that we went to see the other meetup, i think the Shawol and ELF was in one room, but when we got there there was a huge circle of people dancing to Abracadabra when that came one which was pretty awesome. Some girl sang Gee .. or was it Genie? Anyways there were also GIANT pizzas that i tried to get a picture of but i couldn't cause people were crowding around it.

At this time we left to go out to eat, when we left the convention center ******* were making sky advertisements saying "Relive SMTown at *******.com"

We drove to Koreatown and ate at a place called BCD Tofu House. Let me tell you this, you get ALOT of food there was sooooooo much. They also give you a fish for like an appetizer.

Posted Image

It was very salty and its head was crunchy :P

Finally, it was time to go back to the Staples Center. Once we got there, it was an amazing sight, seeing everyone all together at once is seriously moving, it was like a sea of people, it makes you happy to be apart of something. It probably took us like about an hour to get in and once we finally got in, our tickets would not scan so we had to go back out to the box office and talk to them, we were not very happy with that but keep reading it gets awesome. We get to the box office and give our tickets to the guy and said the wouldn't scan and was told to come here, he looks at the tickets gets up and comes back about a minute later with two new tickets saying "Here you go you guys now have better seats" We were upgraded from Floor 3, Row 13 to Floor 4 Row 2! Cause of that change I got pictures that i couldn't have got in my previous seat.

We got back in and we it was starting so we had to practically run to our seats. We got to our new and improved seats are were amazed at how awesome they were, we were practically in between the center extended stage and the right side extended walk way. Then we met another guy that was sitting next to us who was also named Dave, his name on SSF is SNSDave and he knew who i was too so it was awesome meeting him. He told us he got his ticket for only $40, so lucky haha.

Here's a picture showing of our new and improved seats.

Posted Image

Finally the concert started!
It opened with a solo artist that i totally forgot her name, I THINK she said it was Jamie??(Don't yell at me for this, it was hard to hear with people screaming all around you :P) something with a J but she was very pretty and was great, she ended and another soloist came out, she was amazing too, once she finished the first lady came back out and they did a duet which was great.

When f(x) came out people went nuts! it was crazy, of course i first noticed no Amber, which i'm still wondering about, where has she been the past couple months? SHINee's Minho covered for her rap parts, he did the classic "Arrive, Rap, then Leave" (inside joke with some friends) but was still awesome. After f(x) did two songs, Krystal introduced Jessica, and again crowd went crazy which followed them doing 'Tik Tok' which i got a FANCAM of. Link Below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bluuvKN0Tzc

Time for SHINee.
Our seats were at a point where you could see the artists getting ready to go on stage, they had to go under the extended walk way.

So SHINee got on stage and opened their set with 'Replay', Key was like right next to us.

Posted Image

After 'Replay' they did Juliette on the really far extended stage at the end, all we could see was their backs but none less it was great. SHINee got off stage and TRAX came out, I haven't heard of TRAX before SM Town, well i knew who they were but never actually listened to them. They did two songs and then Luna did a duet with ZhouMi (had to find a video to get his name haha) Luna looked really stunning and sang very beautifully.

Posted Image

Once that ended Heechul did some song with a guy playing like an electric violin or something, i never saw anything like that before but was really cool. Then Heechul... being himself kissed the dude or faked it, I dunno but that's Heechul for ya. Hah.

They got off stage and then the crowd went crazy cause Kyuhyun did his duet with Seohyun, Seohyun looked fantastic in her white dress as well as Kyuhyun lookin' spiffy in his suit.

Posted Image

They finished, then Minho, Key, Shindong, and Eunhyuk did a rap song that was really awesome i enjoyed it. When it started no one was on stage so people were looking around clueless then they started coming down one of the aisles from the stands and they had like 2 bodyguards protecting them, they got on the stage and they were all over, it was a very fun song, if anyone know the name of that song please tell me :P

Then, SNSD came out. Oh man i swear you could hear the whole staples center screaming, it was loud. They opened with Run Devil Run, from my point i really couldn't hear the fan chants, i heard them faintly but i bet it was loud over in Floor 3. After RDR, they had a little chat and Tiffany said that she was nervous, i think Sooyoung said something about they always wanted to meet the fans from the states, then they started taking off their jackets and the place went ballistic. Tiffany thanked everyone for coming out to LA to see them and they introduced the next song, Kissing You.

During the song the came out onto the extended stages and Yoona (yay!) and Sunny were the ones that were always by us, Tiffany came by us once too. It's really true what they say the girls are literally 10x prettier in person, it's amazing that i saw them so close. They finished and got off stage :(

Super Junior was next, im not that big into them i only know a couple of their songs but they were still fun to watch, i don't know what song they opened with but i remember Super Girl, and Bonamana being one of the earlier songs they did.

Once again, the girls came back on stage and did personally my favorite song, Himnae! (Way to Go!) This is where i got a picture where i think Hyoyeon was waving at me or so it looks like it, either way im going to continue to believe that i was towards me, so don't ruin it! haha.

Posted Image

Then, BoA!
BoA came out in this sexy blue outfit and looked gorgeous, after her first song she came out to the extended stages and did a duet with Key.

Posted Image

Super Junior came back on and did the Sorry Sorry remix which was great, followed by SNSD doing Genie and of course the girls looked great it the sailor outfits, and something i noticed is that the chorus for Genie seemed different like they merged the Japanese. and Kor. into one i think, anyone else notice that?

During the Sorry Sorry remix i got this very nice shot of Sungmin.

Posted Image

f(x), SHINee, TVXQ! did a song or two at this point and TRAX did a song with a few SuJu members which was called TRAX MAX and Heechul was playing the drums which was really cool, also at this point my camera was dying so i had to take a picture then turn off my camera hoping to save some battery for the ending.

The girls came back onto the stage to do Oh! which was amazing and where i got a lot of my best pictures.

Posted Image
Posted Image

TVXQ did a few more songs, Super Junior did some more songs also. Sooyoung, Luna, Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Yoona did their dance which was sexy but i couldn't record it cause of my dying camera. SHINee came out to do Lucifer and while it was ending a couple of the girls were coming out to wait for their turn to go up and do Gee, they came out under the extended walkway and Sooyoung hurt her back while going under and Jessica had the most worried face on, but she ended being okay. While waiting Jessica, Hyoyeon, and Yoona were playing around and doing the Lucifer dance, and the part where they extend their arms, Hyoyeon did that and poked Jessica and Yoona in the face and they all started laughing. They were literally like 10-15FT away from me, this was the last picture i got before my camera died to the point where i couldn't get anymore pics.

Posted Image

The girls went up and did Gee, an amazing performance they all looked good in their outfits, the normal white shirts and jeans ... very simple yet beautiful. BoA came back out and her ear piece messed up and she had to cut the music, apparently she could hear herself through her ear piece. They fixed that and she continued to do a song, a ballad, and Hurricane Venus.

The ending ceremony was great all the artists came out and 2 people went hand in hand down the stage, but Yoona was with no one, she was just by herself :(!!.During the ceremony i was literally right next to one of the confetti machines so if i looked up i literally couldn't see anything but confetti. Everyone went to the end of the stage while singing a song by H.O.T, also said their thank yous and came back to the main stage to say it again. Taemin and someone else practically sprinted back to the main stage so that was funny. Everyone left the stage except for SHINee and SNSD, and i think SNSD waved to the SSF section in floor 3 which was awesome, so cool that they acknowledged them.

And that was the end, the worst part of the whole show :(
I went back to my hotel and waited for my shuttle to take me to LAX so i could fly back to Wisconsin.

SM Town was one of the greatest things i have ever experienced in my life, Thank you so much SSF for everything you have done, this is defiantly a memory i shall have forever.

SM Town '11, I'll see you next year!

Thank you everyone for reading this, this took me a couple hours to write so i hope you enjoyed it, sorry if i made it too long. Please if anything seems out of place say something ill be happy to correct it.

Edited by Rev // Dave, 10 September 2010 - 09:52 PM.

Last.fm <- Click
Twitter - Deib_Yo

dooooooor dooooooor
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:37 PM

10/10 Would read again.

Dave you are the greatest, jjang, daeback, meoshitta, etc. hueeuh hueeuh hueeuh.

omegajesus omegajesus
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

omg so jjang nd cute pics thnx HWAITING hyoyeon so waeved at u ur so lucky i am jelus and omg jjang daebak hwaiting
Posted Image

Waffl3 Fries Waffl3 Fries
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

deib gonna bro. i wish i was there with you man. so jelly right now. like gelatinous x100. a pool full of jello cannot aptly describe just how jelly I am. NEXT YEAR we'll all be there. It's gonna be hella jjang bro.
Posted Image Posted Image

Sig Cred: soshi-sephy

Prophet Prophet
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Fun times Dave!

There really was SO MUCH FOOD! I can't wait for next year!

These pictures are great bro, thanks for posting them.

MaiMai! MaiMai!
  • Donors
  • 1192 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

the rap song is called 'A-yo' and the version SM town did is the YG family remix. The original song is sung by Jinusean xDD . I loved that stage! old YG fan here! :P nice fanaccount and pics! thanks for sharing ^^

Rev // Dave Rev // Dave
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

the rap song is called 'A-yo' and the version SM town did is the YG family remix. The original song is sung by Jinusean xDD . I loved that stage! old YG fan here! :P nice fanaccount and pics! thanks for sharing ^^

The song Eunhyuk, Shindong, Key, and Minho did? Alright thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it.
Last.fm <- Click
Twitter - Deib_Yo

SNSDave SNSDave
  • Stylists
  • 3203 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

From Dave to Dave, awesome account. I actually modified mine so it wouldn't overlap with yours when it came to pictures and accounts. :thumbup:

Miszhy Hikaru Miszhy Hikaru
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:21 AM

this is a really long fan-account
to read ^__^ haven't read the whole
account but i would prolly read it again ..
thanks for sharing ^__^ i have read
the fan-account of SNSDave before ..

a Soldier of Nine and a full-pledged SUNSHINER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

credits:iGummy [click 4 sigs]
miszhy (조 마리) is a Sunshiner!
on a long hiatus T.T [Facebook][Photobucket][Twitter]

bobby1990 bobby1990
  • Donors
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:36 AM

Thanks for the account and pics LOL!
It wasn't long at all and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the account from beginnig to end, even though I read it in bite-size chunks!
Glad you enjoyed it

Rev // Dave Rev // Dave
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the account and pics LOL!
It wasn't long at all and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the account from beginnig to end, even though I read it in bite-size chunks!
Glad you enjoyed it

That's okay haha! At least you got what was going on.
Thanks for reading.
Last.fm <- Click
Twitter - Deib_Yo

KevinFany KevinFany
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4192 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:49 AM

thanks for sharing your fan account =)
wow! from the pictures you took, i can see that you are pretty close to the stage!!! =D
you must have enjoyed yourself a lot... =D
love SNSD <3
SNSD hwaiting!

Fany, I think about you everyday. I really miss you! <3

Posted Image

Banners credit : ajae2600

Soshi's Brighter than Jewels, Fany Fany Tiffany

We're nothing without 9! ♥ Tiffany ♥

hK33 hK33
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

Dave you are the greatest, jjang, daeback, meoshitta, etc. hueeuh hueeuh hueeuh.

wow! from the pictures you took, i can see that you are pretty close to the stage!!! =D

you must have enjoyed yourself a lot... =D

HWAITING!

residentbenchwarmer residentbenchwarmer
  • Donors
  • 1466 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

It's great that you enjoyed SMTown. Definitely not too long; in fact, I've read (much, much) longer. But I really like reading about the parts outside of the concert, espeically because once you've read a couple accounts, you pretty much know what happened. Looks like you're a Yoona fan :)

snsdfootball.png
Courtesy: oniontaker@imageshack
Want to follow? http://twitter.com/resbenchwarmer

Rev // Dave Rev // Dave
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

It's great that you enjoyed SMTown. Definitely not too long; in fact, I've read (much, much) longer. But I really like reading about the parts outside of the concert, espeically because once you've read a couple accounts, you pretty much know what happened. Looks like you're a Yoona fan :)

It's cool to see people are still reading these. Glad you enjoyed.
Yep, Yoona is the fav :)

Seems like it's not coming back to LA this year :(
Last.fm <- Click
Twitter - Deib_Yo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  iheartPreSun (02:54:10 AM)

happy monday!

@  Keitaro88 (09:31:27 PM) happy
@  alice_ot12 (12:32:27 PM) happy sunny day
@  alice_ot12 (12:32:22 PM) Me too
@  iheartPreSun (09:12:01 AM) Happy Sunny Day!