SM Town Live 2010 Review/Account

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic
Eggy Eggy
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:59 AM

Please note that I realize there's the "Rise up your hand if you had fun in the concert" thread, but this will be a slightly longer, more involved post, ending with a very brief fan account with Sunny. The beginning is a account of the experience of the hotel and SSF meet, the end is the short account with Sunny, and the middle will be an account of the concert. I'll be sure distinguish the sections.

Part 1 (Subtle distinguishing method, isn't it?)

I arrived on Saturday at about 11pm to the JW Marriott, not really knowing what to expect. Although I didn't say anything to them, I did spot a few Soshified staffers/volunteers (Though I only recognized them as members until I found later that the shirts hadn't been distributed at that time). My first impression of the hotel was that it was an incredible place, very well decorated and with a very modern look (AND a pink lighted area that led to the bathrooms. Soshi-hallway, even the Marriott is a fan apparently). The room was incredible as well, but after meeting up with a couple friends in the hotel room and getting situated, we didn't stay long. One of them commented that Soy was in one of the rooms, pointing it out, but we didn't really knock or anything, just passed by. We decided that we would check out the meets, so we walked out towards the LA convention center for the meet, trying to locate where it was. Not really knowing what was going on, we ended up in the SHINee meet for a second, before finding that the Soshified meet wasn't too far down, so we walked over and saw what was going on. After collecting a few star cards, the girl with the hat (MC of the event, sorry I don't know your name, if you post in this thread I will know now :D) or Soy, I can't remember which, told the few of us in the room (It was wayyyy before the meet began) that they needed a bit of help with the boxes. So my friends and I, even though we weren't technically volunteers, decided to pop over and help with that, bringing up what we discovered were the pieces to the support bundles. After doing that, we helped fluff out the hearts, and got everything prepared (Won't go further into detail on preparations, it's tedious :D)

The meet itself was incredible. I was helping out at the banners for the girls because they seemed to need people and decided to help even though I didn't sign up to volunteer kukuku. So I got to see a lot of the Soshified members (I must say, Soshified is more diverse than I previously believed). People signed messages to the girls, and so much so that we ended up having to use the backs of ALL of the banners, meaning that the fronts of every member had been filled out as completely as a two-dimensional space could provide. The banners seemed to be about 3.5 feet long, with their name at the top in bold, for those that didn't attend or those that just didn't stop by the station. We met some people that were from other countries, people that were filming for a news segment, and even the Yesstyle/Yesasia workers, which was nice to see. It was interesting meeting the Soshified members in person finally; honestly I'm not one to interact constantly on site, so I didn't know the temperament of the average Soshified member, but when it came to meeting everyone in person, everyone was very kind and polite, with no exception that I could find. Although I met a lot of the staff members, Soy did stand out just because she's Soy; I expected a somewhat more strict person than what she is. For those that don't know, and at risk of being corrected by those that had to work for her more than just those 5-6 hours, Soy is a pretty cool person. She's pretty chill with things and nice to people she doesn't know lol, although she's obviously busy a good amount of time.

Other than that, the meet was hilariously entertaining, with some awesome rapping/dancing/beatboxing+snsd-ending/laughing. It was a meet that had people constantly flowing in... there was always a line of some sort going out the door. Anywho, last thing in regards to the meet, it was nice meeting the two that were also helping at the banner table, you two were pretty cool.

Part 2 - The concert review

Spoiler Alert - There may be those of you who are wanting/planning on attending the other concerts in their tour, so if you want it to remain a surprise, I'd suggest you skip this part.

The Staples Center was PACKED outside before the concert. My friends and I weren't sitting together, but we decided to stick together for as long as possible (Which we did up until the entrance to seating). Although we were very close to the door (Thanks to no one really filling in the area that filtered into the far right door of the main entrance), the overall width of the line made the length of the line irrelevant, it was still taking forever and a day to get in. Eventually they had some of the staff members call people over to the other line that was available, but thinking that it probably wouldn't make a difference, we decided to stay where we were. Once inside, we got some balloons and walked very, very quickly around the outside trying to figure out where our seats were. Finally we found the seating and parted ways (They were on Floor 1, I was with the SSF on Floor 3). Unfortunately I didn't have my pink shirt (They ran out, though I got mine later due to lucky chance running into Andrew), so I kinda stood out, but I didn't interrupt the sea of pink where I was sitting.

The opening acts were excellent, even though I didn't know who they were. I haven't delved deep enough into the K-music world to recognize all non-K-idol artists, though the artists themselves put up a good argument as to why they should be supported. The singing of the opening girl was pretty amazing, a very good ballad voice. f(x) was the first group to come up, I presume due to them being the newest of the idols, but still, being the first idol group (And a very talented one at that) they received a very loud cheer from everyone. After that, Jessica and Krystal performed their song, Tik Tok, which isn't a song that I normally wouldn't like, but Jessica being my favorite idol/entertainer... I cheered my head off. SeoHyun made her cameo as well, dressed in all white and standing so, so close, literally less than ten feet away. Never assume that it's just photoshop that makes them look as beautiful as they do, they look even more pretty in real life. It was amazing being able to see them, not through a screen, but just feet away. As happy as I am that SNSD performed as many songs as they did, I'm SO sad that they didn't perform Into the New World; it's a personal favorite of mine, so I was looking forward to it, along with One Year Later. It was suchhh a good idea that the girls split into three sections, front, middle and back, in order that all areas could see the girls on equal standing, but I wish they rotated the girls a bit more D: So the three at the front would rotate to the back and middle areas just to change things up and let the fans see the members as close as possible each performance. My favorite performance by SNSD that night would be....honestly all of them, everything was very well done and I was impressed by all they were doing. For what seems to me like the one-millionth time, I missed Seohyun, Hyoyeon and Yuri messing around during Taeyeon's first part in Oh, except this time I missed it live T_T that just happens to be one of the things I love about Oh's performances haha.

Although I don't blame anyone, I am disappointed that we weren't able to vocalize the fan chants as well as I expected =( The only fan chant that was prevalent enough to be picked up on even other Floor videos was the Oh! one, but even then the names that were supposed to be said during the songs weren't said =[ I must admit though, I know the first set of names, as well as the long ending and the So Nyu Shi Dae during the song, but I don't know the order of the other 6 names during the course of the song. We did pretty well during Gee, but I assume that one wasn't because of fan chanting, but saying the Gee and No's during the song is standard xD As for Genie, we were doing alright at the beginning, but I think we were ALL thrown off from the fanchant when they changed the chorus to be sped up a little, it confused the hell outta me and so I faded away a bit on that. So if I had to do a critique on Sone support, it's that we should practice the fan chants a little bit more before concert, just so we can be louder and be heard by the whole concert when we do our fan chants. The reason I love fan chants is that you can show the artists that you're in complete support of them; it's one thing to wave around an anonymous light, but to allow yourself to be heard by everyone around you yelling a specific chant along with all the others during a performance is on an entirely different level. I didn't understand that difference before then.

The other artists did excellent. SHINee got all their main songs out and I cheered as much as I could for them (An observation, SHINee World and Sone get along very, very well), tempted to dance to their Ring Ding Dong because that movement is just so interesting to me. Super Junior had a TON of performances, I'd say over a quarter of the performances had either their whole group or a member participating in the performance. It wasn't a bad thing I suppose, but it was crazy how much they went on (On a side note, and even being a guy, I must admit Siwon has a CRAZY cut body... I was like wowww). I liked BoA's performances, but I expected her to do some of her older songs, just as a commemoration with it being her 10th year and all. It was nice seeing the DBSK members... I'm not quite a follower, or can't even call myself a proper fan. I enjoy a few of their songs, but I never really followed them; yet, being who they were, I made sure to cheer as loud as I could and waved my light stick as I could for them. Personally I think out of respect we should keep our lightsticks lit and up for artists, I just don't want some sort of misunderstanding like those that can and have happened previously =(

Overall, the performances were very, very good and at times I felt like my voice was going to give from all the yelling. Every concert I go to I never yell, and when I do I feel a bit disappointed in myself, almost as if I let the artist down by not yelling my support for them, so I decided that this concert I'd go all out. I don't know if that promise I made to myself was the reason I was yelling, or being surrounded by a sea of awesome Sone was the reason, but I went for it nonetheless. There was nothing I disliked from their performances, even the mistake on BoA's "earmonitor" and the incorrect song was made incredibly cute. DBSK gave me a heart attack when they were suspended in the air, while SNSD made my heart skip a few beats every time they performed. SHINee remained as solid and impressive as always, as with Super Junior. TRAX surprised me the most, especially with that electric violin solo. Heechul reminded me of why he's one of my favorite SuJu members, because he's hilarious and goes to ridiculous lengths to please the fans (You guys know what I'm talking about). I'm VERY glad SNSD noticed the pink sea, and they decided near the end to give everyone along that end high fives (I didn't want to shove anyone so I stayed near my seat aha). Congrats to anyone that got to touch their hand, know I am COMPLETELY jealous of you. D:

Part 3 - Sunny

I was walking along the street to head to the Sheraton with two friends when we heard some yelling and such coming from the Sheraton, a car pulled out very slowly and we looked into the back seat (The window was open) to see Sunny looking outside. She looked a bit tired, yet, upon seeing us she smiled very wide, waved and then said hi or bye (I couldn't hear which). It's something that I really respected and appreciated; even though she seemed dead tired and could have easily just rolled up her window and rested a bit more, she actually made more effort and acknowledged us incredibly quickly. I appreciated that gesture and really it just gives me another reason to support them and this fandom. Getting to see her made my night and made staying out till 4am or so completely worth it.

I'm not sure what will come of this thread, whether it will be deleted due to irrelevance, deleted due to the board poofing (If it does), or if it'll be combined and be lost in the other SMTown thread, but while it's here, thanks for bothering to read, sorry I can't keep a train of thought to save my life.

mtrainbow_2508 mtrainbow_2508
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

Wow seem like you have fun (:
I love the concert, and I think SNSD was so nice to their fans.
Taeyeon held a fan-made SOSHI heart (the pink big one) and smile, I had a picture but it's so blurry T.T
And Hyeon kept waving and smiling at us :]
Even at the end when they left in the car, Tiffany rolled down the window and waved at us (I have a video of that). Wow, they are absolutely beautiful up close :D
Just nothing less than I expected xD
Posted Image
I love Tiffany with all my heart <3

pubsquash pubsquash
  • Donors
  • 4413 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

This should be in the fan accounts section
Moving~

KevinFany KevinFany
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4192 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

thanks for sharing your fan account =)
wow! not only did you get to see SNSD, you also get to see a lot of the other celebrities! i am so envious of you. =X
love SNSD <3
SNSd hwaiting!

Fany, I think about you everyday. I really miss you! <3

Posted Image

Banners credit : ajae2600

Soshi's Brighter than Jewels, Fany Fany Tiffany

We're nothing without 9! ♥ Tiffany ♥

Mordequess Mordequess
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

im really looking forward to seeing their newest stuff, ive been trying to keep up with all their latest appearances

cutieseo cutieseo
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:47 AM

oops wrong forum haha nvm lololololol

Edited by cutieseo, 25 October 2010 - 04:48 AM.

Right Now it's Girls Generation

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

residentbenchwarmer residentbenchwarmer
  • Donors
  • 1466 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

Wow, that was nice of you to help out with the meetup. It sounded like a lot of fun. Maybe next time for me...

snsdfootball.png
Courtesy: oniontaker@imageshack
Want to follow? http://twitter.com/resbenchwarmer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  Keitaro88 (01:40:26 PM) >_> https://pbs.twimg.co...jpg&name=medium
@  Keitaro88 (04:49:39 AM) 5
@  Keitaro88 (04:49:36 AM) 4
@  Keitaro88 (04:49:34 AM) 3
@  Keitaro88 (04:49:32 AM) 2
@  Keitaro88 (04:49:29 AM) 1