Photo

[04.09.10] SM Town Los Angeles (The Tale)Updated with Part 2 (the Aftermath)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic
Starry Daisy Starry Daisy
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:41 AM

Wow you're awesome dude! Did Jessica talk to you in English? so sweet of her. Nice fan account and you wrote really well. I guess you must be tired passing the backstage and get back to seat so many times but it's completely worthy you get to meet so many SM artists, most important you get to talk to your favourite Soshi Princess Sica.

Love the pic, thanks for sharing. You're a mature big boy..hehe.

Edited by Sonishie, 06 September 2010 - 10:43 AM.

I'm on twitter

Ukigumo Ukigumo
  • Donors
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

Updates:
Just a few pictures from the concert itself, from my basic seat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I see the paper hearts flying through the sky, flying and falling, and I say to myself, and in my heart, that this night was special.
I never wanted it to end, but alas...
...The future holds more for us
Memories are bittersweet melodies :)

Posted Image

f3w2h1.png

follow ukigumo  | heritage | the spotlight | a year to remember

Ismétlés a tudás anyja...

TaeYeon! TaeYeon!
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

wow your so lucky!
how does everyone get backstage??
howd you get yours? o.o
i know you can get like connections but is there other ways?

Posted Image
taeyeon always and forever<3

태연 누나 파이팅~

Saranghaeyo-TaeYeon Saranghaeyo-TaeYeon
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

Yo Tri, thanks for the fan account. I really enjoyed and appreciated it. Although I would've liked to see the concert through my own eyes, reading this and picturing your experience was mighty fine as well.

Posted Image
Posted Image

asdfghjklai asdfghjklai
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

You are INSANELY lucky, my friend. If SMTown had a show in NYC. I would LOVE to experience what you went through.

If SNSD's telling me to run...
Posted Image
I'm running...
소녀시대
Certified SNE

Cr:Dragonchan@Soshified

USASOSHI USASOSHI
  • Donors
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:02 AM

Sorry, I'm fairly new here, but are you a photographer? Did you get a media pass to go backstage? That is really awesome!

Thanks for your story.
^^

JimmyDean23 JimmyDean23
  • Donors
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

You have to hook me up with a backstage pass next time. God you are so lucky. I'm really glad you got to meet Jessica and give her the poster. That had to be amazing, I probably would have passed out if I meet her.

TriSica is real!

PS. Did I give you permission to use my real name? No I didnt. Its Jimmy or JD on here. Got it? Dont make me strangle you again.

Posted Image

whyFanywhy whyFanywhy
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

Legit fan account is Legit! Thank you for sharing this with us! Backstage pass, After Party pass and amajjing concert! Wow! I couldn't asked for more! And I'm happy to read your encounter with our girls! It's every SONES dream, and yet you achieved it! Haha! Truly dreams come true right? Your account makes me believe that I will someday meet them too. ♥

Btw, you didn't get to see the girls' at the After Party??

iB4YQIX5uBhkk.png

Icon: miwa-harmony Sig: Obelisk

Ukigumo Ukigumo
  • Donors
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

Sorry, I'm fairly new here, but are you a photographer? Did you get a media pass to go backstage? That is really awesome!

Thanks for your story.

Nope, i'm no photographer.
I just try to be as active and willing as I can whenever it comes to SNSD nearby or, hell anywhere.
Had to do a lot of calls, and put family through a lot of the same stress too, so yeah, it was hard.
:P

TriSica is real!

Aww, i'm flattered.
I guess it's a cult pairing. :P

Legit fan account is Legit! Thank you for sharing this with us! Backstage pass, After Party pass and amajjing concert! Wow! I couldn't asked for more! And I'm happy to read your encounter with our girls! It's every SONES dream, and yet you achieved it! Haha! Truly dreams come true right? Your account makes me believe that I will someday meet them too. ♥

Btw, you didn't get to see the girls' at the After Party??

I caught glimpses at the after party, but that's about it.
What I liked most about the after party was meeting with some pretty big names in promotion and general Korean or Korean-American popular culture.

f3w2h1.png

USASOSHI USASOSHI
  • Donors
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:26 AM

Nope, i'm no photographer.
I just try to be as active and willing as I can whenever it comes to SNSD nearby or, hell anywhere.
Had to do a lot of calls, and put family through a lot of the same stress too, so yeah, it was hard.
:P

Aww, i'm flattered.
I guess it's a cult pairing. :P

I caught glimpses at the after party, but that's about it.
What I liked most about the after party was meeting with some pretty big names in promotion and general Korean or Korean-American popular culture.

So how does one go about getting backstage access w/o getting a media pass? You must know some powerful people!
^^

malasuerte malasuerte
  • Donors
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

Triangle, you never told me you were this handsome you jerk. :D

Anywho, good lord...I cannot imagine the feelings that washed over you when you noticed Sica was afoot.
Congrats sir, honestly. And if they return for SM Town in LA next year (if SM does actually do this), I hope to be there and see ye then bud.

Again, congrats.

donnyjsp donnyjsp
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Oh my gosh, Im freaken jealous :o.. You got to talk to jessica and take a picture with her :o...
Also on the part on when you wanted to tear up because it was over, I also want to because I didn't even get to go and after reading your story.. I regret it so much and now i'm sad as hell.
Posted Image

ProtocolSnow ProtocolSnow
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for the write-up! Pardon me for not being familiar with your history, but were you filming for a company production, and will we ever get to see the interviews and such? :D

dudebol dudebol
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:00 AM

wow dude, u are great! i enjoy reading ur post. i myself hope i can be like you having the chance to take pics with them! I respect the fact that you would not be so crazy over them when taking picture or taking signature, good that you care for thier feelings! Yes indeed they are human, they need space too!. SONES around the world, lets stay strong, and learn from him!

Any tips to give us that allow us to go backstage? I think everyone will do anything for it! Backstage pass for SNSD concert! I hope on the 23rd Oct, they do have backstage pass for the SG Kpop Nite!!!
Posted ImageTRADING SOOYOUNG MR. TAXI PHOTOCARD FOR TAEYEON, JESSICA, YOONA, TIFFANY.

`SG.FADEz `SG.FADEz
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:12 AM

Its so cool u get to take picture wif Sica & Sunny ..
i do wish to take pictures wif them when they come to Singapore on 23 Oct ..
but theres wasnt backstage pass as it was a mix concert .. ( not SMent )
Sica ♥Jessica ♥ Jessica ♥ Sica ♥

Ukigumo Ukigumo
  • Donors
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the write-up! Pardon me for not being familiar with your history, but were you filming for a company production, and will we ever get to see the interviews and such? :D

Nope, not filming for anything serious.
As for the interviews, i'll put that under soshified's name, as it was basically done due to the help of Soshified people.
I merely provided the idea's genesis, gathered the people, took a part in interviewing, and that's about it.
Biggest credits should go to Damir and Jimmy for their filming contributions, I know I wouldn't stand to hold a camera that long. :P

The interviews, the footage, the pictures, and such will definitely be put together. Hopefully I can add some of my own personal audio on it, as to narrate how it all went down.
I'm also hoping for some post-concert self-interviews on behalf of Dave, Myself, and some of the other people, say their fanaccounts or just give an overall review of the concert.
It will be put together though, you can be assured, and released on soshified, for soshified, as a soshified documentary of the meetup and SM Town Live 2010 in Los Angeles :)

Any tips to give us that allow us to go backstage? I think everyone will do anything for it! Backstage pass for SNSD concert! I hope on the 23rd Oct, they do have backstage pass for the SG Kpop Nite!!!

Dunno about tips, all I can say is don't be afraid to talk, to ask, to show who you are, and to make friends.
Going to these concerts aren't always just about the artists, or the music, it's also the social experiment in being around people who are in somehow, someway like yourself.
Don't be afraid to make companions, meet new people, say hi, and it doesn't just have to be normal people.
Say hi and make friends with staff! Hell, the artists!

The level of success and the rush you feel in making new friends almost parallels that with actually seeing the artist you truly love, but hell, making friends with the artist you truly love, that's the biggest rush in the world. :P

wow dude, u are great! i enjoy reading ur post. i myself hope i can be like you having the chance to take pics with them! I respect the fact that you would not be so crazy over them when taking picture or taking signature, good that you care for thier feelings! Yes indeed they are human, they need space too!. SONES around the world, lets stay strong, and learn from him!

Thanks a lot!

Triangle, you never told me you were this handsome you jerk. :D

Anywho, good lord...I cannot imagine the feelings that washed over you when you noticed Sica was afoot.
Congrats sir, honestly. And if they return for SM Town in LA next year (if SM does actually do this), I hope to be there and see ye then bud.

Again, congrats.

Honestly, it wasn't a burst of excitement at first.
Initially it was more of a "World-slowed-down" and "Holy hell, that's really her" kinda moment.
It took me a day or two to appreciate just how key it was.
Listening to some older SNSD stuff and other promotional SNSD songs I keep reminding myself that i've met in person, the face behind the voice I really loved.
You know, that voice that you could tell rightaway when you first got into SNSD. :P

Don't deny, Ice Princess's voice is iconic. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2WzocbSd2w&feature=fvw

Gotta say the concert has made me forage for my old vinyls at home, of some of the classic pop I used to really like. Some of it's really inspiring. :)

Edited by Triangle, 09 September 2010 - 03:53 PM.

f3w2h1.png

KevinFany KevinFany
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4192 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:27 AM

thanks for sharing your fan account =)
oh my god!!!!!!!!!!! back stage access pass!!!!???? that is like the dream pass that everyone wishes to get!
love SNSD <3
SNSD hwaiting!

Fany, I think about you everyday. I really miss you! <3

Posted Image

Banners credit : ajae2600

Soshi's Brighter than Jewels, Fany Fany Tiffany

We're nothing without 9! ♥ Tiffany ♥

USASOSHI USASOSHI
  • Donors
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

I'm still curious as to how someone can get that kind of access. Enlighten us! Do you know someone that works for Powerhouse/SM or something?
^^

Ukigumo Ukigumo
  • Donors
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:28 AM

I'm still curious as to how someone can get that kind of access. Enlighten us! Do you know someone that works for Powerhouse/SM or something?

Like I said many times.
It's important to have friends.
You may not talk with them everyday.

Just remember though, life's a game.
It's my sandbox, it's everyone's sandbox.
There's no rule to dictate what you have to do.
I go and ask for discounts in every store I shop in, mingle and sometimes flirt, maybe even be friendly, and often I walk out saving a couple bucks. :)

The people of Powerhouse/SM are exactly that, people.
They're not machines, or automated robots, they're people like you and I, and everyone, and they have the same emotions as us, we share the same air, the same earth, the same general essence in our bodies.

So don't be afraid to acquaint yourself with some of them, they're pleasant, good folk!
And who knows, be liked, and you'll get a few things if you ask nicely enough. :P

thanks for sharing your fan account =)
oh my god!!!!!!!!!!! back stage access pass!!!!???? that is like the dream pass that everyone wishes to get!
love SNSD <3
SNSD hwaiting!

No problem!
I wish there were more here though, the SM Town Live in Los Angeles is worth covering! :)

f3w2h1.png

USASOSHI USASOSHI
  • Donors
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:38 AM

Like I said many times.
It's important to have friends.
You may not talk with them everyday.

Just remember though, life's a game.
It's my sandbox, it's everyone's sandbox.
There's no rule to dictate what you have to do.
I go and ask for discounts in every store I shop in, mingle and sometimes flirt, maybe even be friendly, and often I walk out saving a couple bucks. :)

The people of Powerhouse/SM are exactly that, people.
They're not machines, or automated robots, they're people like you and I, and everyone, and they have the same emotions as us, we share the same air, the same earth, the same general essence in our bodies.

So don't be afraid to acquaint yourself with some of them, they're pleasant, good folk!
And who knows, be liked, and you'll get a few things if you ask nicely enough. :P

No problem!
I wish there were more here though, the SM Town Live in Los Angeles is worth covering! :)

Wow that was deep. Good advice--just for life in general too. Thanks for that. I was actually speaking to one of the Korean photographers (in Korean of course) for SM and he gave me one of those pink v-necks all the artists were wearing :)
^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing