Photo

Suggestions&Questions Box~

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic
pilona pilona
  • Donors
  • 1613 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

Considering this idea was only born around a few months ago, we still have a lot of things to figure out and plan, so it'd be great if we got ideas and opinions from the guys who make this community work, and that means you! :D So, if you have any suggestion or thought of something that might help us make this section better, please post them here ^^ Also, there might be a lot of confusion or just questions in general with this new section (can I do this? how do I do that?) so you can post your inquiries here as well!

Please note that just posts including suggestions or questions can be posted here. This thread will be moderated constantly and we will delete anything unrelated.

Don't be shy and ask or leave your ideas! ^^

ibhNDDstpJVQ0.jpg
iAkkIwsaFw3At.jpg

>>> MOBLONA RULEZ! <<<

FoodMonster FoodMonster
  • Donors
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

About this review thing, uhm......does it have to be something you owned (i.e., albums, photobooks, merchandises etc.) that you want to review?

OF0vuEE.gif

“Nine people who are very different from each others, have now become one.”

Choi Sooyoung

pilona pilona
  • Donors
  • 1613 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

No, you can review anything you want! But if it's merch, if you owned it, I think it's a plus for you. You can do it either way though :)

ibhNDDstpJVQ0.jpg
iAkkIwsaFw3At.jpg

>>> MOBLONA RULEZ! <<<

rydiafan rydiafan
  • Donors
  • 1121 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

Does it always have to a positive review ... are you allow to say " this is awful " as long as you explain why ??

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

Does it always have to a positive review ... are you allow to say " this is awful " as long as you explain why ??

Well, it's fine if you have a valid reason for your opinion and if it's not outright hating/bashing. :)

Some quotes from the "About" and "Rules" threads just to be clear:

You can write about things you dislike and still have a respectful tone if you want to, so that's no excuse for bashing or hateful remarks.
Your own opinion probably won't be the same as everyone else's, so both readers and reviewers, stay classy and just agree to disagree. Don't pick up fights, or a moderator will come to take care of it as soon as the situation is brought to our attention.

3. No bashing (applies to reviewers and people commenting reviews)

This is basic manners. You're allowed to dislike a product, a song or a review--just be nice about it. Constructive criticism is okay and encouraged; rude remarks are not.

ColdShadow09 ColdShadow09
  • Donors
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

How about reviews on variety shows? Is it encouraged for a whole series with the girls (eg. Hello Baby or SNSD and the Dangerous Boys) or even one episode with the girls in it (eg. Running Man or Strong Heart or Intimate Note)?

pilona pilona
  • Donors
  • 1613 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

I think that's a good idea, it could be useful for other looking for a good show to watch

I'm going to add it to the list :) thanks a lot for your suggestion~

ibhNDDstpJVQ0.jpg
iAkkIwsaFw3At.jpg

>>> MOBLONA RULEZ! <<<

rydiafan rydiafan
  • Donors
  • 1121 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

What about reviews on Soshified Fan Fiction ..... might be interesting to see reviews for the fan fiction section ( Im never been it there myself wouldn't know where to start lol )

pilona pilona
  • Donors
  • 1613 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

We're sticking to official content from the girls. Even though fanfiction are related, they're fanmade, and there's a lot of people willing to recommend fanfictions in Pairings section (if that's what you're looking for). I will talk to Fanfic section leaders about the possibility of starting a new thread there with a similar function. Thanks!

ibhNDDstpJVQ0.jpg
iAkkIwsaFw3At.jpg

>>> MOBLONA RULEZ! <<<

katiecSNSD katiecSNSD
  • Donors
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

This isn't a question or suggestion, but I just wanted to say that I AM SO GLAD Soshified has a place to write reviews now! :D Seriously, this section was made for me. I love to write reviews (especially album reviews) and read what other people think. Thank you so much for adding this section! Now, I better get writing. :)

foreverwithyou.jpg

Sone Atlas Sone Atlas
  • Donors
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Question- Lets say I want to make a compilation thread but I only have one thing(a song to be exact) to review at the moment. Can I do a review on that one thing then add to it later instead of having to make a multiple thread? In addition, lets say that I want to update that compilation thread as well but no one has commented it, would the "bump up" rule still apply to that or should I add "Updated as of...." in the header/tag?

pilona pilona
  • Donors
  • 1613 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

This isn't a question or suggestion, but I just wanted to say that I AM SO GLAD Soshified has a place to write reviews now! :D Seriously, this section was made for me. I love to write reviews (especially album reviews) and read what other people think. Thank you so much for adding this section! Now, I better get writing. :)

Thanks a lot! I'm really glad you liked the idea and I hope you post your own reviews soon ^^

Question- Lets say I want to make a compilation thread but I only have one thing(a song to be exact) to review at the moment. Can I do a review on that one thing then add to it later instead of having to make a multiple thread? In addition, lets say that I want to update that compilation thread as well but no one has commented it, would the "bump up" rule still apply to that or should I add "Updated as of...." in the header/tag?

Yes, you can start a thread and add more reviews as time goes by and label is a compilation thread. 

As for bumping your own thread when you post more reviews, the rules still apply, so it'd be better if you edit your latest post or wait for someone to reply, please :D

ibhNDDstpJVQ0.jpg
iAkkIwsaFw3At.jpg

>>> MOBLONA RULEZ! <<<

katiecSNSD katiecSNSD
  • Donors
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

I'm thinking of doing the same thing as Sgt. SoShi 9, since I plan to review all of SNSD's albums eventually...so, I can post a review, and after I get some replies, can I make a new post with the second review? Or should I keep all of them in one post?

foreverwithyou.jpg

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

I'm thinking of doing the same thing as Sgt. SoShi 9, since I plan to review all of SNSD's albums eventually...so, I can post a review, and after I get some replies, can I make a new post with the second review? Or should I keep all of them in one post?

Stylistically, it's all up to you and your preference, though I would suggest the new post/fanfic update method since it'd be easier to separate.  This way you could also include an index of sorts on the first post, depending on how many reviews you plan to write.

Your thread can look however you want it to as long as it doesn't break rules (like double posting and such).

rydiafan rydiafan
  • Donors
  • 1121 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

Just a random comment ... it's hard reviewing something you don't like without being insulting , hateful and bashing lol

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

In that case, you basically have two options.

1. Learn how to use constructive criticism, or at least tell us why the song/album/whatever isn't your favourite; it's not that hard.  Similar to how people can express themselves without profanity, it's quite possible to review without hating or bashing.  It's perfectly okay if you say something like "This song didn't sit well with me because..." or just that the song isn't quite your style.

Quote from the "About Reviews Section" that I highly suggest you re-read if you haven't done so already:

- Constructive criticism and respect are the key points! Everyone is entitled to different opinions, and you might not always think everything is perfect and pink~ We want to hear the reasons why you think a certain way, but always remember to justify with useful criticism instead of just bashing.

My bit of advice: if you can figure out how to respectfully review something you don't like, then it just makes you that much of a better reviewer and writer.

2. Don't review that particular something.

My quote here would be from Bambi:

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all.

-------------------------------------

And just a gentle reminder, everyone!

Please note that just posts including suggestions or questions can be posted here. This thread will be moderated constantly and we will delete anything unrelated.

Happy reviewing :)

rydiafan rydiafan
  • Donors
  • 1121 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

Can a review have more then one tag ... lets say i wanted to the boys as a whole ( Song and video ) would i have to do 2 different reviews or do i do something Like [MV][Single] the boys ??

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

Can a review have more then one tag ... lets say i wanted to the boys as a whole ( Song and video ) would i have to do 2 different reviews or do i do something Like [MV][Single] the boys ??

Limit it to one tag and one review. Use the tag that best describes what you're focusing on as a whole/you think is suitable. If you're focusing on the MV, use [MV]. The song (as in its tempo, the lyrics, the feel..)? Use [SONG].

By the way, there's a difference between the [SONG] and [SINGLE] tags.

rydiafan rydiafan
  • Donors
  • 1121 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

Limit it to one tag and one review. Use the tag that best describes what you're focusing on as a whole/you think is suitable. If you're focusing on the MV, use [MV]. The song (as in its tempo, the lyrics, the feel..)? Use [SONG].

By the way, there's a difference between the [SONG] and [SINGLE] tags.

Song is a just a Song off the album with no radio air time ... Single have the air time and has a chance to or did chart ... something along those lines

pilona pilona
  • Donors
  • 1613 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

^ Single is an official release. It usually has an A and B side. It's not just a promoted song on radio. If you wanna do a single, you mean the whole thing, release, package and songs.

For instance, LOVE&GIRLS is a single.  Its A side would be "Love & Girls", while its B would be "Lingua Franca".  Using this example, if you tag your review "[SINGLE] Love & Girls", you would be reviewing the entire single: both songs, the packaging, the release.

On the other hand, if you used the [SONG] tag, we would assume you're just reviewing the one song.

ibhNDDstpJVQ0.jpg
iAkkIwsaFw3At.jpg

>>> MOBLONA RULEZ! <<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam