Photo

[COMIC] Controversial SNSD cartoon (Yahoo's cartoon world)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic
Sylver3lade Sylver3lade
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

that's really messed up....
extremely mean.....wow...how can u do that to the other girls?
you just can't do that to cute girls, it's inhumane XD
but I don't get the last scene at all....
any1 care to explain please =D

avvy by gamhae129 =D

My covers
^^^^^^
Clickie!!

Posted Image

toffani toffani
  • Donors
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

The scribble can't be a member, that would make 10 girls in SNSD. What fans have to be mad about is the '5 bad copies' perhaps if he didn't write that it would be better. I can see how this would offend some SONEs, we should love all of the girls. But aside from that, his drawings are cute?

No, it would be 9.
The 3 shown (Sooyoung, YoonA, and Yuri) + the "5 bad copies" + the scribble member = 9.

I actually chuckled a little, but that doesn't mean that I don't still love all 9 members. (:
Posted Image

KsDreams KsDreams
  • Donors
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

I dont blame the guy for not knowing every member and their names.
there are 9 of them so I understand it is confusing for non-fans, sometimes I dont even know every member in a 4-5 member groups so not a big deal.

BUT he should have know better to stop at the "3 beauties" or maybe write smth else but the "5 bad copies" and "the dot" cause this will anger fans. Maybe he's not into idol fandom but that wasnt smart to post such comic on the internet with the SNSD craze going right now.

but then he apologized and I hope SONEs will move on cause he doesnt seem to hate or dislike the girls either.

octi-eww octi-eww
  • Donors
  • 2514 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:20 PM

Well yeah, it might've been rude and everything but I don't think it's such a big deal. I think fans are too sensitive nowadays, it's getting really tiring. They should just let those kind of things go and shrug it off.

Posted Image Posted Image
beyond infinity = beyond 9 ♥

Kanki Kanki
  • Donors
  • 4587 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

No, it would be 9.
The 3 shown (Sooyoung, YoonA, and Yuri) + the "5 bad copies" + the scribble member = 9.

I actually chuckled a little, but that doesn't mean that I don't still love all 9 members. (:

Wow. I apparently cannot count today! I even did it 3 times so I wouldn't make a mistake and I still did haha~ At least I have an excuse of not really being with it. My brain is fried @_@;

Formspring - Ask me a Question! || Twitter || Red Signature by Ruth

Jubin Jubin
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

i think that the fans went too far with this cartoon. the guy was just showing his opinion and it could've been worse.
i'm sure that when we all got into SNSD, we only noticed some members and didn't really see the others.
i'll admit, it happened to me haha
but now, i notice all of them. ^^
give the cartoonist some time and i'm sure that he'll start to notice all of them and see the individual uniqueness that is Soshi.
LOLZ at the dot though hahahhah that's hilarious! :lol:
Credits: Avatar - Miwa_Chan

rayrain rayrain
  • Donors
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

Whatever, the comic strip hardly makes much sense anyways.
His portrayal of SNSD might be a little extreme but it's his own
opinion nonetheless, I won't shoot him for it.
Though I can see why some of our Sones would get mad,
to be honest, at first I thought it was a perverted comic strip,
then I realized what it meant. I'm just more glad it isn't as bad
as I thought it would be. Maybe the author aren't familiar
with all the members, so he portrayed them like that.
Oh well.
Thanks for the info anyways.

~ We're Nothing Without 9 ~

star18 star18
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

i'm confused as well.. i got to admit the guy has a sense of humour and is pretty creative but yes, i think it's a lil bit offensive..

actually i am more interested in finding out what the soshi girls reaction upon finding this out... will they be angry? hurt? or take it as a joke?.....

Posted Image

[c]snsdsarang @ssf artwork.

thank God, i'm a SONE.
Posted Image
[c]dragonchan @ssf artwork.

cheekyfresh cheekyfresh
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

I can see how this is offensive, I also got offended when I first read this comic
I mean, he went a bit far when he labeled the others as "5 bad copies" and the dot,
making it seem like he is implying that the other members are inferior to the 3 beauties
Hopefully that wasn't his true intention, but rather an honest mistake or strange attempt at humor

However, from his perspective, the artist perhaps as a new fan (I'm assuming), he doesn't know the group very well,
and thus needs more time to get to know the others and realize that they all have a distinctive personality, not just "copies" of each other. XD I'm thinking that he most likely only noticed yoona, sooyoung and yuri first since they stood out to him from the others the most.

Ah well, as for me, I love all the members ^__^

Poro Poro
  • Donors
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

I think he tried to show how an ordinary ahjussi who is neither a fan nor an anti sees the girls. I think he is just a neutral guy with no intentions to bash them. I must say I laughed at it because I know how difficult for an unexperienced it is to tell the girls apart (gone through it myself first, and Yuri & Yoona was the most difficult couple). "Bad copies" was a bit rude but it was not hateful, though, and hey, he did not name those 6 left and who was the scribble.

Where is the sense of humor in Kpop anyway? I was disappointed to find out that such strange things as fanwars and antis exist in Korean music. The fans take things deadly seriously. I really hope Sones will not go so low as fans of some other groups would (I don't mention names).

jungEUNaie jungEUNaie
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

Is it translated properly? The first one should be YuRi not Yoona so that's the only
thing that really bugs me.

I don't care what others have to say of the girls (in comic form) because it's just a comic.
We fans just have to support them, right?

The girls are great individuals!

fdab8x.png

Yuri4ever Yuri4ever
  • Donors
  • 841 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

That was such a lame comics dun even understand it .. but 5 bad copies and a ? it is so bad, disrespecting all the girls have they solo pretty and adorable look and multi-talent and all is AMAJING . Lame ppl to wrote this guy of article.
Posted ImagePosted Image

★True 소녀시대 fans believe in the power of 9 S♥ne (소원)

We're Nothing Without 9

Credit to yun♥mie, ~*AeRiS*~ and Big boss Wenfany

Poro Poro
  • Donors
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

Well, if the leftover scribble was meant to be TaeYeon, then I might go and teach him a lesson.... <_<

Just kidding. Somehow that makes it even more funny to me. Taeng is definitely the one you do not notice if you take only a quick look. The comic strip man obviously does not follow the girls that closely, otherwise TaeYeon with her great personality would have stood out and would have been in the lineup.

Our girls are true celebrities now. This would have not happened one year ago. The girls and we must accept that since they are now exposed in the public, they will get all things. This was not even close to the worst crap.

lil_mushie lil_mushie
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

hahha! i don't really get what the comic is about... so.. no comment? xDD lol!

what is the comic meant to be about? just aobut the ajussis seeing SNSD as the 5 bad copies? =S blahh xDD

thanks for trans newayz =D
icons credit: lovesnsdlove =)

dorklove dorklove
  • Donors
  • 878 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

^Agree with Poro.
Now that I've seen the entire strip, I actually grinned a little. I already saw this in *******another site, sort of, obviously I'm more glad to see it here and see the other fans replies. ^__^
Whether we want it or not, the girls will always be subjected to some good or not good, I think it depends on how you see it. Especially in this case.

I actually think it's lightly funny. Especially with the funny-looking "ajusshi" there- it just sort of comments on how the girls are to some of them and I think sort of poking fun of "older" people (not really sure you want to call them fans or not? maybe fans?- again with Poro- just neutral people that do exist in Korea. Which is good, because Soshi is spreading then, right? Their music touching everyone.), that can only remember some of the members, and not the others. And eventually losing count (thus the little dot/scribble).

Lols, you can actually even take it that the "ajummah" is actually a fan (of say..."Dear Mom" lols) and would comically bonk the silly ajusshi's head and be like: a;dlskjf!

Obviously to us fans, all nine girls are unique, irreplacable individuals- but that's not the case with everyone. Everybody- and I think I mean everybody- had trouble distinguishing the girls apart at first. It's only normal.
Furthermore I hope SONEs won't take this too, too seriously. Again, with Poro, (I'm just taking all of yours words, sorry!) I don't want SONEs to be seen as a "rabid" fandom...since that really affects SNSD too.

Posted Image
hardworking.dreaming.pure.diverse.talented.persevering.dorks.asdfghjkkl;.Soshi. S♥ne
No other words to describe the love.fangirling.hype.support.strength.bond.
Credits: .Heather <3 Thank you

PinkSoshi9 PinkSoshi9
  • Donors
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

I agree it was a bit over the top and mean, but i don't think its that big of a deal. I agree when you first see the girls its hard to distinguish them (my friend can't do it either) I'm sure he didn't mean to do this as an attack but it's what he sees from his perspective as a neutral.
Plus, its a comic. Lightly fun in a way. I hope all the controversy dies down now. ^^ Plus, it doesn't matter as long as the girls know that the fans will always love the 9 of them for who they are and they're all unique and beautiful in our eyes. Power of 9<3

lilac* lilac*
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1140 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:15 PM

I see no harmful substances in this piece of artwork. It's just what the ahjussi thinks, no?
I think netizens are overreacting. (anyway, netizens ALWAYS overreact -_-) I guess the ahjussi just needs more time to recognize all the members. Did i mention that he is an ahjussi?

Anyway, i hope he will recognizes all the members. And then draw a picture of all the members :)

eunsoo eunsoo
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1973 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

ah..so, this why there's controversy about this comic.
well, it just comic.. but about '5 bad copies'.. :s
okay thats his opinion(?), and i dont even get it about the 'dot' either.
Anyway, Thanx for the translations.

Posted Image

Keiko1812 Keiko1812
  • Donors
  • 2322 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

5 bad copies includes a dot T_T
But he said sorry and this is just a joke so no problem
On the bright side, at least he likes some girls instead of being anti
So fans should not be so angry and leave this out of mind. Peace ~

Proud to be a S♥ne! I believe in the Power of 9.
2uyhwcg.jpg 6gg7kz.jpg
One_Shots: World of Our Owns | My Favorite Things
On_Going: Back To The Future

Avatar: huan@snsdbaidu; Sig Credit: rawr!sommie.&themiracle13

caster caster
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

lol i actually like the 3 drawings, but the fact that he puts "5 bad copies" and a dot is kinda rude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing