[2014.05.11] Meeting JungSis in NY

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic
ramulover ramulover
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

This was the very first time that I've ever gotten to see a SNSD member in real life, and it just so happened to be our dear Jessica. I still see the scene of her passing by me when I close my eyes. It all started like this:

After a previous failed attempt on the 9th to see JungSis, I headed out with a heavy heart on Sunday morning. Knowing that I would have less than 5% chance of just getting to see them in general was very depressing. My friend and I told each other that it would be normal and alright if we couldn't see them, and we promised that we would take this trip very lightly. Not knowing where to start, I decided to head to their hotel without knowing if they were still there or not. Quite honestly, just being able to walk on the same street as Jessica had walked on was satisfying enough for a fan that has never seen them before.

Reaching the Trump International Hotel and Towers around 11:45 AM, my friend and I felt extremely out of place and uncomfortable standing there. Seeing about 10 girls (and one middle-aged man) standing outside made me wonder, 'Are they here for the same reason as we are?' After standing around for 20 minutes, I gathered all my courage and pushed my friend over to a group of three girls standing at the corner of the block to ask if they were here for Jessica. LOL yes, it actually took a lot of courage to push my friend, imagine her right? Just to clarify though, if my mandarin had been even slightly comprehensible, I would have approached the three girls myself.. *cough

The answer, was affirmative. After communicating and getting familiar with each other, we stuck together as a group. I had learned from one of the girls that Jessica had actually just returned into the building about 20-30 minutes prior to our arrival. Yes! Now we know that they were still in the hotel! It was extremely hot during noon, the sun beating down on us. Up until now, I would like to believe that the reason, and the only reason it was so hot, was because of our close proximity to Jessica and Krystal. :D

Krystal came out around 1 something first, and we all went crazy! She walked around with either her friends or cousins and they went into an ice cream shop. The manager was being a real meanie butt and kept telling us to leave Korean. He almost even knock my phone out of my hand! After a couple minutes, Krystal went back inside and we started waiting all over again. Now that we've already seen Krystal, the atmosphere between all the fans were a lot more cheerful and hyper. Some time afterwards, we saw that the driver was starting to pack some stuff into the trunk of the car (wine glasses) and we were all anticipating JungSis soon, we were really excited. 

Roughly around 2, what I've been waiting for finally arrived. Jessica stepped out of the hotel wearing a white-ish dress and looking damn gorgeous! I honestly was just... blank. I've never really believed it when I heard some people saying how they completely freeze when they see SNSD in person, but I sure as hell understand now! Walking towards us, I saw a unbelievably full view of her face, and I can just tell you that the pictures you see.. cannot compare to seeing her in person! I would have never thought that they had such fair skin! They are literally GLOWING while walking down the street. I don't know how, but I managed to say a decent "Jessica!". She looked up, held eye contact with me, and flashed this shy and AMAZING smile!!! I legit melted right on the spot!! When she passed by me, I realized that I didn't record and damn.. that would have been one freaking awesome fancam!! She boarded the car and then headed off. But.. there was a red light!! So everyone was able to squeeze in about a minute of hardcore screaming and flailing of arms. I saw that Jessica held something in her hand while she was getting in, so I started signalling to her hand and making a confused face. To my surprise, she saw me, and she pressed the apple in her hand up against the window for me to see it!! I was about to die man, so freaking happy!! Honestly, in that moment, getting a picture or video was not even my priority anymore. Being able to have seen her, to have held eye contact with her, was damn good enough for me. The light changed green, and they sped off. This was also when I started crying because it seemed so surreal, seeing Jessica in real life. 

eu4vwp.jpg

We called it a day, and wanted to head towards K-town to grab something to eat when... the car that JungSis left in was parking on the curb. Feeling that something was off, we decided to just walk around Central Park. We walked quite a distance and wanted to grab some ice cream since it was so damn hot. Suddenly one of the girls with us whispered, "Yo.. the freaking manager!!" We sorta hid from him since he was extremely pissed off at us from earlier, and he walked pass us. Putting two and two together, we started scanning among the groups and groups of people laid out in the grass, when we spotted them again!! They were having like a picnic near the edge of the park, with about 4 cameras focused on them. I supposed this is where the wine glasses came into play? We got our ice cream and sat about a good 10-15 feet away from them and ate. Man, it was the best ice cream I ever had in my life! We didn't dare to take any pictures or disturb them since they were filming, and the manager just recognized us! Some family just came behind JungSis after a while and set up a freaking play tent and totally blocked our view! Never in my life did I hate a tent so badly! But some uproar happened in the center of the park that captured the attention of the camera crew and everyone. Using this chance with the manager's back turned, I quickly ran up closer to the fence and snapped a shot of them. But the cost of that picture... my beloved snow cone. LOL jk, screw the stupid snow cone! 

ed6ef38egw5959.jpg

I zoomed in from my original picture, just because you can't see them all that great. Not saying that this picture is any better but you can see Jessica whipping off her sunglasses here! LOL. 

I don't know what happened, but suddenly Krystal turned around and saw us, and she gave us a pretty intense glare. We took that as a sign to leave, and with that we exited the park, of course, not forgetting to throw glances back at the girls that were now blending in with the crowd. 

Jessica, I seriously don't know what people have seen to call her an "ice princess" and cold. LOL, she honestly looked surprised to see that there were fans outside when she stepped out. She did not ignore us like Krystal did, instead she put on a nice smile and made eye contact with us. She is so sweet, and I don't think I can ever use the term "ice princess" on her again, unless of course, it's a joke. :D

Thanks so much for reading this sad excuse of a fan account! I hope that a lot more people will be fortunate enough to have a opportunity to see any of the members. Don't give up! Because even though I had little to no chances, I still kept trying.  :thumbup:

Edited by MasterAdept, 13 February 2015 - 12:22 AM.
Changed link

6OMpCD5.gif

puresica puresica
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

You are so lucky to meet Jessica and her sister. She is look so cute in her white dress. I can imagine what you have felt when you saw Jessica in front of your eyes....I will be like that too...

thanks for the fanaccount..

SUPPORT JESSICA WITH ALL MY HEART............

Taengsidious Taengsidious
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

You got to meet a soshi member ... so lucky. I don't live anywhere near New York, I live in a small town where none of them would ever go lol....

yeo_64 yeo_64
  • Donors
  • 991 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

Awesome fan account :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:! Thanks for posting it :laugh:.

Gomawo and Cheers ^-^!

Kenneth.

SoneJane SoneJane
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

Oh my god, so lucky! :(
You met my two favorite Korean girls. I envy you!. Anyways, thanks for the fanaccount.
Sica, like Yuri said is a Warm ice. I'm kind of pissed off because of Krystal's attitude

You are so damn lucky!

tumblr_n6rq4nxhkf1s348ljo5_500.png

tumblr_ndd96uiFbN1s348ljo5_500.png

Eight in my eyes, always nine in my heart.

pastelpink pastelpink
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

ahhh im so jealous... i live in ny too your should have called me lol

*sigh* im never good at meeting my idols but im honestly so happy for you!

i probably would have died if i were you hehe  :sweat: 

hyunyeon hyunyeon
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

wow!!! seriously you and your friends are so freakin' lucky... congrats guys! the odds are on your side.. hahaha.. i hope i can see her also.. and experience the eye contact and smile you got from her.. so happy for you guys and envious at the same time... hahahaha

aprinc07 aprinc07
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

You're so lucky, and I'm so jealous! I recognized where they are is because they are near Columbus Circle and my college is located right across the street from Trump International (NYIT). It's finals' week for me so instead of seeing them, I'm studing :( Thanks for sharing your experience though :)

dhensoshi dhensoshi
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

wow.. nice!! congratulations , so lucky being able to see my ultimate bias.. i want to meet her too

tjsthysysIN tjsthysysIN
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

Congratulations!

Looks like y'all waited for quite a while till you got to see Jessica. I guess Krystal was just being protective about her sister

Thanks for sharing this

☆☆☆ HAPPINESS! ☆☆☆

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

¤ Reviews: [COMP] The Chopping Block ¤

ramulover ramulover
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

You are so lucky to meet Jessica and her sister. She is look so cute in her white dress. I can imagine what you have felt when you saw Jessica in front of your eyes....I will be like that too...

thanks for the fanaccount..

Haha, man you seriously have no idea! Yes, she looked goddamn amazing in that dress! Thanks so much for reading this! 

You got to meet a soshi member ... so lucky. I don't live anywhere near New York, I live in a small town where none of them would ever go lol....

Aww, it's alright. Maybe they might go somewhere near you one day and you can just go out to see them. Hwaitaeng!! :D

Oh my god, so lucky! :(
You met my two favorite Korean girls. I envy you!. Anyways, thanks for the fanaccount.
Sica, like Yuri said is a Warm ice. I'm kind of pissed off because of Krystal's attitude

You are so damn lucky!

Haha, I'm sorry for making you feel envious! No, thanks for reading!! Yeah honestly though.. Krystal was being kinda mean to us. She just legit ran straight into the car and didn't look at us even when the car wasn't moving. Jessica though, wow, flow-blown eye contact! 

ahhh im so jealous... i live in ny too your should have called me lol

*sigh* im never good at meeting my idols but im honestly so happy for you!

i probably would have died if i were you hehe  :sweat: 

Man, I was seriously going to say something in the NY thread for the meetup, but knowing how no one ever replies, I didn't want to waste my time. Trust me, I was so desperate in finding a SONE to go with me!! I'm sorry, if anything happens, I will tell you next time okay?! 

wow!!! seriously you and your friends are so freakin' lucky... congrats guys! the odds are on your side.. hahaha.. i hope i can see her also.. and experience the eye contact and smile you got from her.. so happy for you guys and envious at the same time... hahahaha

I wish you luck! Haha, and it's great how random strangers became friends because of our common love for SoShi! 

You're so lucky, and I'm so jealous! I recognized where they are is because they are near Columbus Circle and my college is located right across the street from Trump International (NYIT). It's finals' week for me so instead of seeing them, I'm studing :( Thanks for sharing your experience though :)

Ahh what?! You're so close!! I'm sorry.. I don't mean to make anyone jealous. Man, you should probably just take a walk around there if you have time then! 

wow.. nice!! congratulations , so lucky being able to see my ultimate bias.. i want to meet her too

Thanks, hehe, I see why Jessica is so popular, that girl is really sweet! You will get to meet her soon! You're talking to the girl that could never even imagine of seeing her!

Congratulations!

Looks like y'all waited for quite a while till you got to see Jessica. I guess Krystal was just being protective about her sister

Thanks for sharing this

Thanks, haha yeah, we waited for a longg time! Well, we weren't really doing anything to Jessica. Quite honestly, I was there 49.9% for Jessica and 50.1% for Krystal! I had seriously thought that Jessica would be the colder one, guess I was terribly wrong! 

6OMpCD5.gif

PKTheater PKTheater
  • Donors
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

Haha, I'm sorry for making you feel envious! No, thanks for reading!! Yeah honestly though.. Krystal was being kinda mean to us. She just legit ran straight into the car and didn't look at us even when the car wasn't moving. Jessica though, wow, flow-blown eye contact! 

Krystal might have just been having a bad day. I've not had an opportunity to meet idols but I've crossed paths with a few American and British celebrities. Sometimes they don't mean to give a bad impression but they're human like us and have bad days.

I'm glad you got a chance to see Jessica in person. Thank you for the fan account. I'll never get the chance you had so getting to read about your experience gives me a bit of vicarious joy.

fireflies1 fireflies1
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:53 AM

Wowwwwww,you are so lucky,,

i am keeping my hopes up ^ ^ of meeting them one day

meowng meowng
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for posting. And now I know why I can't come to like Krystal.

KWwKaBL.png?2

Find me on AFF  :bunny: ~

Taeng♥Sic is L♥ve

shipper. wannabe writer

downrightWee downrightWee
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

*le cries* you are so lucky.. i too believe that Jessica is no ice princess. ahh gosh.. she smiled at you! she freaking smiled.. that enough would left me to burn in my spot if i were you. you are so so lucky!! and Krystal.. well, youre still lucky for receiving that glare! HAHA XD i would give up anything just to see atleast one member. congrats buddy x))))

jHn2U8vb.pngbQYqwWsq.png

영원히 소녀시대

3K74VIs.gif?1

weibo watty twitter

OT9

icon&sig cr: sayhellotothestars@ssf

blinkie cr: pastelpink

ramulover ramulover
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Wowwwwww,you are so lucky,,

i am keeping my hopes up ^ ^ of meeting them one day

Haha yep! Don't lose hope! I'm really sure that you'll get to meet them one day, and all of SNSD, not just a single member!! Hwaiting! I will be working on it too! 

Thanks for posting. And now I know why I can't come to like Krystal.

LOL. Thanks for reading! Oh dear god, I really hope that I didn't garner any more hate for Krystal. I mean.. I guess she was probably just having a bad day or something? I'm sure that Krystal is probably usually nicer?! 

*le cries* you are so lucky.. i too believe that Jessica is no ice princess. ahh gosh.. she smiled at you! she freaking smiled.. that enough would left me to burn in my spot if i were you. you are so so lucky!! and Krystal.. well, youre still lucky for receiving that glare! HAHA XD i would give up anything just to see atleast one member. congrats buddy x))))

Hehe, thanks thanks! Yes, it was really just luck that I was able to see them! Man, don't believe any of the crap that people say about Jessica being "cold". Total bs!

Seriously, that effing shy smile though! A part of my died when that happened! She's really sweet! 

6OMpCD5.gif

amaliaziza amaliaziza
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Wow congratulations!
You met Jessi twice :) and the most important part, she noticed you and held eye contact with you :")
I've only met her in person while on concert-could we called that 'in person' anyway? Haha
Huaa I hope I will experience eye contact with her-or any SNSD member
And.. I guess Krystal's glare was scary? ;)

Heart_Soul Heart_Soul
  • ♬Radio DJ
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for sharing, it was an interesting read :)

I wouldn't be too hard on Krystal, she probably just didn't want any interruptions with the time she has with her sister. Jessica is probably a lot more used to it than Krystal is :P

MyKuon MyKuon
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

LOL thanks for sharing it *-* from back they're still so *-+ cute xD

well I get excited while reading your thread *-* thank again <3

I hope that they will come to germany too >.< wanna see them live!

facade9138 facade9138
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

WOW you're so lucky!!!! hihihihi jessi is one nice creature :) glad to know that~ 

hmmm yeah, maybe krystal just 'look at you with no expression'. sadly her 'no expression look' most likely turn out like a glare hahahahaha.

thanks for sharing :banana:  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam
@  Keitaro88 (11:09:19 AM) >_> https://pbs.twimg.co...jpg&name=medium
@  kidrobot (09:44:59 PM) reeses eggs