Photo

[10.24.11] Delivering my gift outside the W

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic
JadeFalcon JadeFalcon
  • Donors
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

Please bear with me while I lay out a little background.

When SM Town NY was announced I wanted to prepare a gift on the slim chance I could somehow run into the Girls. I decided making something myself would be more special, so I came up with the idea of sketching portraits for them. I didn't know which concept I wanted to do, I was almost going to go with the 1st Japan Album photos. SM town was rapidly approaching and I hadn't yet started to work. Then The Boys comeback was announced and the release date set. When the first teaser picture oif Taeyeon popped up on the Girls' website I knew I had it. This was going to be perfect.

Working at a feverish pace, taking about 3 hours per drawing, I tried to draw each piece within a couple of days of each teaser being released. I fell off the pace towards the end, but this gave me time to formulate presentation of the sketches. I decided on gluing cardstock to an 11x14 photo matte on 3 sides and sliding the drawings into the opening. The Girls' can drop it in a frame if they wish (it would be beyond my wildest dreams if they put these up in the dorm). It turned out amazing, if I do say so myself.

Matted Photos
Posted Image

Gift Box
Posted Image

On the day of the fan meeting we were wandering around Times Square looking for a place to eat. All the restaurants on Times Square were either closed, ridiculously overpriced, or both. We turned down a random street to get further away from the Square when we saw it, the SM Town bus. We had stumbled onto the W, the hotel at which SM was staying! They were loading luggage into a random charter coach bus and there was a crowd of people behind the barriers the hotel had setup. We immediately forgot about eating and camped out to see who was coming. There was one black tour van parked behind the coach, onto which luggage was also being loaded. I did not have my gift with me so I ran back a couple of blocks or so to the line for the fan meeting where I had left it with some other Soshified members with whom I was lined up. I made it back to the hotel just in time for SHINee to come out and get in the black van. I regretted not having my wife's gifts for them. She had to fly back that day for work.

We waited a little while for the van to drive off and it looked like no one else was coming any time soon, so we ate brunch. When we were done, the SM Town bus which had been parked a block away from the hotel was gone but the coach was still being loaded. A few minutes later the SM Town bus came around the block and parked across the street. Teddy Riley came out at some point and people were taking pictures with him and getting autographs. Finally they finished loading the coach and it drove away after Teddy got on and was replaced by the SM Town bus.

One by one we saw the SM artists come out of the hotel; Kangta, Super Junior, f(x) and DBSK. I must have missed BoA because of traffic (at this point we were across the street on the side of the bus with the door. Two black vans pulled up behind the SM bus and we figured those had to be for Soshi.

After the SM bus pulled away, I struck up a conversation with the van drivers. Of course they couldn't tell me where they were going but we were almost sure the Girls would be coming out soon. I joked with one of the drivers about just having him leave my gift in the van but of course he couldn't do that. I showed him the drawing of Taeyeon and he was impressed enough that he said he would talk to the manager and see what he could do.

The way the vans were pointed on the one-way street, the doors were on the street-side. We decided to wait on the far side of the street to have the best chance. It was a risky decision because we would be screwed if traffic came right when the Girls came out. We heard the screaming from the barricade area first. And then, right behind the security vanguard and managers, Sooyoung strode elegantly out from between the parked vehicles. She looked stunning. She was followed by Hyoyeon, Yoona and Sunny who all looked drop dead gorgeous. They all smiled and waved as we held aloft our gifts, but they couldn't make a move to grab them.

This is JessiesBoy's fan cam. My apologies for the language in the background. People there were really excited. (Warning: R-Rated Language)
Spoiler

Traffic started to come again and I was forced back across the street by the oncoming cars. I could see the driver speaking to the manager across the street about my drawings. I was able to lip-read the words, "they're really good" from the driver but manager hyung was stern and said no.

Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Yuri stepped out, beautiful is an inadequate word to describe their radiance. Traffic was still coming and I was blocked from getting across the street. Just when I could safely cross, they were almost in the van. I got there in time to watch Tiffany accept MoonSoshi9's individual letters for the Girls and a dukong, and for Yuri to accept halfway's Minnie Mouse Statue of Liberty. I tried to extend my gift box but I was blocked by one of the managers (you can see me holding it up at 0:16 and me again at 0:35 wondering what to do).

Another JessiesBoy cam. (Warning: R-Rated Langauge)
Spoiler

The Girls got into the van and the door slid shut, possibly on my hopes forever. In vain I pleaded with the managers who were moving around the vans having discussions with each other. I even showed the drawing of Taeyeon to the same manager with whom the driver spoke but it wasn't enough to soften his heart.

Dismayed, I tried to stay on the street-side by Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Yuri's van, alternating between holding up my box and making hearts over my head with my arms. Eventually, one of the managers motioned for us to get back on the sidewalk. When I made it to the sidewalk, something was happening at YulTaeNy's van and I think I heard someone say the door had opened. I sprinted around the back to the street-side of the van. I held my gift out in both hands and bowed deeply. When I picked my head up, Yuri was leaning forward, holding her hand out to take my gift. A true sweetheart, kind and caring. The driver started to close the door but I managed to successfully pass the box off to Yuri. She didn't have to make the effort to accept my gift but she did anyway, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Once I had successfully handed off my gift, I stayed on the street a while longer grinning like an idiot, waving and making hearts over my head. At some point the door opened again and Yuri and Taeyeon moved to the middle seat with Tiffany. In the following fan cam, you can barely see Yuri holding the box. In the first frame you can see pink on the box under her arm and I'm pretty sure that's the cover I made so it looks like she already opened the gift.

JessiesBoy cam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgo8CR_HWtM
Halfway cam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3yGo_LR8yM

When I finally walked back to the sidewalk I could hear people start to shout excitedly, "They're looking at them!" meaning the drawings. Then everyone started pointing at me yelling, "He drew them." Someone said they were holding the pictures up for the camera and Taeyeon was holding her portrait. I was too stunned to say anything at this point. I could do nothing stand there with a huge smile on my face. While I couldn't see through the tinted windows, just knowing they were in there looking at my drawings was more than I could have ever hoped for.

Sadly, word reached us that they were beginning to stamp hands for entry into the theater in order to prove that you had been in line at that point. We had to run back to our spot in line, but not before I took a few steps away from the van and dropped to my knees ecstatic with the knowledge they had not only received my gift but were looking at the drawings right in front of me.

Later that afternoon, after the Girls had arrived at MTV Iggy, I was wandering around Times Square with sungx418 looking at the long line to get into Best Buy theater when I ran into the van drivers again. I thanked the driver who talked to the manager for me even though it didn't help. He was the driver of the other van holding Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Sunny and Yoona. He told me was describing the drawings to the Girls and how good he thought they were. Apparently one of the Girls wanted to see them and the driver said he was given permission to take the gift from me to give to them. I'm very happy I was able to deliver the gift myself though. Everything worked out perfectly in the end.

[EDIT: Added a great cam by Halfway that shows Yuri holding my box with the drawings and the cover on the outside, plus the Minnie Mouse she gave her. You can also see Taeyeon waving the dukong Moonsoshi9 gave and at one point the letters that he wrote.]

Edited by JadeFalcon, 02 November 2011 - 07:53 PM.

TheBoys-th1.jpg

TheBoys-th2.jpg
Twitter - @BigTaeng

JessiesBoy JessiesBoy
  • Donors
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

THAT'S MA BOY!!!! (Body Rolls) haha

but thats my Fancam yo!!!

we talked about this before SMTNYC, hopefully having a chance for Alain to gift the girls with his portraits

and here we were in NYC stumbling upon the W, while looking for lunc,h waiting for the fanmeet to happen....

Lo and behold a few hours later the girls come out and Yuri takes the gift from Alain's hands.

What i saw when they reopened the door was Yuri was busy looking at the pictures with the other girls before they moved up to the front seat.

I was happy for my chingoo who managed to get his art work out for the girls to enjoy and hopefully put up in their dorm.

We were all high from Jadefalcon gifting the girls with his gift, MoonSoshi giving his letter to Fany and Halfway giving a mickey mouse doll to her Yuri.

It was a great day and ended with a great fan meet.

ShannonK ShannonK
  • Stylists
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

I'm so proud of all my fieldtrip friends~
It seems like everyone got to give their gifts and the girls seemed so happy
^^

digitalz digitalz
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

Brilliant indeed! Good work & they saw it too! And happy for all people with the presents and stuff being delivered as well!
Posted Image

Credits to Chef

oshimas oshimas
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

That was a brillant idea! Good Job with the drawings, they're so life like! :] That's awesome you got to give your gifts personally to the girls! :]

---------------소녀시대AKB48

111ti13.gif

YoonYul. JeTi. SunYeon.AtsuMina.KojiYuu.

lilchoiboy18 lilchoiboy18
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Absolutely awesome! This was right before I got my letter to Seohyun up in the studio! ><

Your drawings blow my dinky letter out of the water~ T.T Great job man! Persistence always pays off~
Posted Image

JadeFalcon JadeFalcon
  • Donors
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:08 AM

Absolutely awesome! This was right before I got my letter to Seohyun up in the studio! ><

Your drawings blow my dinky letter out of the water~ T.T Great job man! Persistence always pays off~

Your letter was amazing though, Seohyun skipped lunch to read it! These Girls are so wonderful, it's nice to be able to prove our love to them like this from time to time, even though I'm sure they know. And the fact they accept our gifts the way they do and take the time to read our letters shows they love us too.

I LOVE BEING A SONE.

TheBoys-th1.jpg

TheBoys-th2.jpg
Twitter - @BigTaeng

Tinoo Tinoo
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

cool drawings of u! so lucky that u can gave it to them and they seem like it! :thumbup:
i envy u, guys cause u had the chance to see them live. i wish i was there too :(

Imperfection-x3 Imperfection-x3
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:51 AM

Oh so you are the sone who got featured! My sister, who is currently an art student says she's really envious of your drawing abilities! 3 hours... that's fast. It can take my sister a whole day to work on a drawing. Okay, maybe she isn't all that talented. :P

BUt I would say your "crazy" dream of having these hung in their dorm may actually be possible. It's too great to miss! Are you intending to draw any more of the girls' potraits? I thought it would be good to make full use of your talent as a Sone. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Q. When do you feel like you're still a child? Seohyun: When I can't control my emotions.

- 2011 Ray interview

Probably the earliest SeoFany/SeoSic shipper in existence. lol.

m4rshmall0w m4rshmall0w
  • Donors
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

This account is so touching, i almost cried after watching the ending of the second fancam (the part when you were wondering wtheck you should do). I was thinking, "wow, after all that hard work he wont ever be able to get it to them" THEN as i read on, i sigh a relief and totally had a big grin on my face. I'm so happy everything pulled through and thank goodness for angel Yul! Hehe. Thank you for taking your time out to write this fan account.

BTW, your drawings are amazing!
DJ: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hyo: I wouldn't feel embarrassed about being a SNSD member. For me, I think I would feel proud thinking "I was SNSD". These days too I always think, when I have kids, I'll show them my videos proudly and say, "This was your mom! The person with her bangs (lol) waving around prettily, that's your mom!"
C:HJ

JadeFalcon JadeFalcon
  • Donors
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

Thanks everyone!

Imperfection, ah yes, you saw the Weekly News Wrap. :) I might do more later... maybe for the next concert, haha! Gonna be hard to top these though. I'm sure your sister is talented if she's in art school, these drawings weren't very big (8x11 paper).

m4shmall0w, thank you for your kind words. The end of the second fancam was definitely the lowest point of my weekend, hehe. I'm not even sure why the driver opened the door that second time, nobody got in or out that I can remember, unless it was one of the managers.

This would have never been possible without the support of my field trip friends, love you all!

TheBoys-th1.jpg

TheBoys-th2.jpg
Twitter - @BigTaeng

aSaki aSaki
  • Donors
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

NICE BRO! I was so happy for you when take took it from you ^^ AND they chose your banner at the fanmeet! Proud of you my fellow field tripper!

Posted Image

AznIntegra521 AznIntegra521
  • Donors
  • 2493 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:39 AM

WOW Alain your drawings were awesome. They are so good, I'm sure that when the girls saw it, they were awestruck to see how good it was and how it beautifully depicted them. I'm sure they got a frame for it and put it up somewhere around their dorm so they can see it everytime they walk by. Good job on the drawing.

heartleaf88 heartleaf88
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

@TS: I think the van door opened it because either Tae, Fany or Yul(my top 3 coincidentally) wanted to receive your gift. I'm betting it's YUL because she was the one who received it. hehehe

Man your fan account is like a movie.. haha ups and downs.. and honestly, it made me fall in love with YUri More.. ahh~~ How can such an angel exist in this world?

My Perfect Couple

Posted Image

Forever @YurisistablesMy Tumblr My Twitter:@heartleaf88 TatakPinoySubs

Imperfection-x3 Imperfection-x3
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:23 AM

Haha not really. She studies in a normal school but was forced to take art as a subject even though she doesn't have any artistic talent in her or anything. >.< Do continue drawing though, it doesn't have to surpass these drawings but more of how each drawing look so real. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Q. When do you feel like you're still a child? Seohyun: When I can't control my emotions.

- 2011 Ray interview

Probably the earliest SeoFany/SeoSic shipper in existence. lol.

ila ila
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

OMG your drawings was awesomeeee ! and it was a really brilliant idea !!! pretty sure the girls they are all liking their pictures . don't have to go to potrait shop because u drew for them n handed it over to them with lots of love :turned:

JadeFalcon JadeFalcon
  • Donors
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

Thanks Johnny, it's a shame we both didn't win. You put a lot of work into yours and it was a really awesome idea, I loved your banner.

Man your fan account is like a movie.. haha ups and downs.. and honestly, it made me fall in love with YUri More.. ahh~~ How can such an angel exist in this world?

Thanks, I tried to capture my emotions as best as I could, it really was up and down especially when I was trapped across the street. I was so happy that my friend was able to deliver his letters but at the same time I was dejected when I thought I missed my chance.

TheBoys-th1.jpg

TheBoys-th2.jpg
Twitter - @BigTaeng

Warhawk Warhawk
  • Donors
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

Nice going! I bet they have your portraits hanging on their walls somewhere in the dorms! :D It would be cool if they could take a photo of that and send it to you as proof. But I think there's no need to prove they did :)

JadeFalcon JadeFalcon
  • Donors
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Added another cam with a better angle, you can see Yuri holding the box with my drawings and the cover I made. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E3yGo_LR8yM

TheBoys-th1.jpg

TheBoys-th2.jpg
Twitter - @BigTaeng

Tarts Tarts
  • Donors
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Wow Alain, nice drawings :D Feel very happy for you knowing that your gift made it to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam
@  Keitaro88 (11:09:19 AM) >_> https://pbs.twimg.co...jpg&name=medium
@  kidrobot (09:44:59 PM) reeses eggs
@  bunnybelle (08:48:20 AM) <3