Photo

[2011.07.21] Soshified Field Trip - Day 0/1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic
cucumberoni cucumberoni
  • Donors
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:19 AM

The 2011 Soshified Field Trip is officially underway, and at least for myself personally, it's been a CRAZY first day.

The plan was originally to fly out from where I live in Texas to Denver, Colorado, and from there get on a connecting flight to Francisco, California. I would spend the night in San Francisco and, along with approximately 40 other members of the Field Trip's Group A, which was all going to fly together to Korea.

I was travelling with a fellow Soshified member who I am close friends with in real life. While we were on the first flight from Texas to Denver, my friend passed out and, according to witnesses sitting around him, had a seizure. With no family history of seizures, the paramedics who met us in Denver recommended that he be taken to the hospital to determine the cause of the seizure.

I accompanied him to a hospital in Denver, at which point we both knew that we would miss our scheduled flight to San Francisco. With my friend in the emergency room being checked out by the doctors, and with myself calling the trip coordinators to figure out the best course of action, I suddenly found myself afraid that we would miss the trip altogether.

The doctors determined that there was nothing medically wrong with my friend, but given the fact that he has a history of anxiety relating to airplane travel, he elected to skip the trip. It was an extremely difficult decision and a most unfortunate turn of events, but he was worried that if it were to happen again while on the 11 hour flight to Seoul, that there would be no medical assistance on the plane. This left me scrambling to figure out how to get myself to San Francisco in time to make the 11am flight to Korea.

Ultimately, I took the earliest flight from Denver to San Francisco, which arrived at 10am. International flights have greater security measures to deal with, and they tend to close the gate and stop boarding sooner than flights that do not travel outside of the country. As a result, I found myself literally running through the airport to try and reach the Korea flight on time. I heard the airline representative on the intercom saying "final boarding call" for my flight. Luckily, I managed to BARELY make it to the flight, saving my trip.

Once we arrived in Korea, it was already nearly 4pm, so the rest of the day was spent going through immigration and customs, checking into the hotel, and having our welcome dinner.

Posted Image
Arriving at Incheon International Airport

Posted Image
Arriving at Incheon International Airport

Perhaps the strangest part of the entire experience of going through Incheon International Airport was the fact that there was a large group of Korean media there waiting for us. The Korean media has posted several news articles about the Soshified Field Trip in the past month, but we didn't expect to see TV camera crews, photographers, and reporters waiting for us. Strangely enough, we experienced, on a small level, what Girls' Generation themselves must experience at airports, with camera flash bulbs popping in our direction at a feverish pace.

After that unusual and unexpected event, we got on a bus to take us to our hotel, where we found the Charming Asia Tours company representatives waiting for us with Soshified-branded pamphlets detailing our trip itinerary.

Posted Image
The welcoming sign at the hotel from Charming Asia Tours

Posted Image
The view from my room

Posted Image
The pamphlet given to us along with our Global Generation t-shirt

Finally, the night ended with a welcoming dinner, where all of the nearly 100 total people attending the field trip gathered together for the first time. Friends were reunited or were able to meet in person for the first time, and it was a wonderful get-together for everyone, even as most (including me) were feeling the exhaustion of the overseas flight. Some are heading off to a night market to enjoy some late night shopping, but after the crazy events of yesterday and today, I'm getting some good old-fashioned sleep to prepare myself for the full schedule of the rest of the trip.

Posted Image
Gathering together at the welcoming dinner

Posted Image
Yum

Posted Image
More yum

Posted Image
Good times together with SONEs

Stay tuned for more daily updates (I hope I will have time and energy to consistently do them) from the trip!!

- Fanaccount and photos by michaelroni@soshified.com

Day 2 fan account here.
Day 3 fan account here.
Day 4 fan account here.
Day 5 fan account here.

MoonSoshi9's fan account here.

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3178 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

Glad you managed to make it! Oh man I saw that media video, that was pretty epic. Please give a hi-five from me to whoever was wearing the Phillies hat LOL. It sounds and looks like a lot of fun so far (and the food looks good), and it's only day 0/1. Thanks for the update, I'm living vicariously through them!

I recognize two people from NorCal.... *feels like a stalker*

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

ordforande ordforande
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

I sent you a PM michaelroni, please read. Field trip looks amazing, everything from the t-shirts to paparazzis and the custom made pamphlets!

NotUrAvgSONE NotUrAvgSONE
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

I'm so happy that you made it! Thank goodness, and I hope your friend was alright getting back home. Thank you for updating us, it would be awesome if you can keep it up, I would love to hear about yours and everyone else's experience in Korea.

Have Fun!

Posted Image

FANYISM <3

ITS A LIFESTYLE

LIVE. BY. IT.

SavageKing SavageKing
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

I want one of those Global Generation t-shirts!

Glad you made it in time, and give your friend my best regards ... I would be very sad about losing my chance to go to Korea, specially with the Soshified group

doridorisu doridorisu
  • Donors
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

so glad you made it! I hope your friend is better now, the pictures looks amazing xD I already wish I was there to meet you and Johnny oppa. Can't wait to see more updates, its already amazing for the first day even when you didn't do much

"Whatever I say you never misunderstand because you know our true selves. Girls' Generation's journey was not peaceful as you know. There have been difficult times and misunderstandings and you have been supporting us through everything always believing in us. The pink ocean is so beautiful, it is more beautiful than Girls' Generation. We will work hard so that you will be able to tell anyone that you are proud fans of Girls' Generation" - Sooyoung

Official Fan Meeting, September 26th 2010

Now and forever, your wish.

paigerines paigerines
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:27 PM

how fun and amazing. i knew this trip was going to be a fun one. i would have gone if i had the money. but im just a broke student.T.T

TaeyeonJessicaTiffanySunnyYuri HyoyeonSeohyunieeSooyoung-eh-wah-yoona
my beautiful girls, my beautiful girls~
Posted Image

BeryGewdYo! BeryGewdYo!
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

appa u made it!!yaaay ^____^ im so happy for youuu..i asked johnny oppa to say hi to you.. >:) did he sent my regardssss? ^__^ hehe..
so far..seems like you guys started in the right way with the right happy feeling ^___^
keep enjoying your times together!!and keep making us jealoussss <333 hehe :3
i'll wait for day2 updates \o/ hehe..

Yolyca21 Yolyca21
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

Glad to hear that you made it in time!
Sorry about your friend though.
Hope you have a good time, can't wait for more updates!

taengish ^^ taengish ^^
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Have funs guys! ^^
Enjoy.. SNSD + SONE hwaiting :D
And have a safe trip too :]
Waiting for updates, ^^

소녀시대 ♥

Jessica^^ 얼음공주♥

김태연,탱구,テヨン ♥[/i]

Spoiler

Posted Image

SeraphKY SeraphKY
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

Is that your own mug shot Michael?? kekekeke. Thanks for the great pictures and the account, hope your friend is ok....and I'm not sure what else to say that would be meaningful. Have enough fun for the rest of us. Catch you later.

Seraph
Posted Image
Posted Image

noeyedeer noeyedeer
  • Donors
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

i'm sorry about your friend.
however, it's fortunate that you made it at the last minute.
I myself have experienced an over-9-hour oversea flight from Incheon to the US so i know how it feels like. but at least you guys travel together as SONE so it must be more exciting right?
hope everyone have a great trip and looking forward to your next updates.

Posted Image
지금은 소녀시대! 앞으로도 소녀시대! 영원히 소녀시대!

jordana jordana
  • Donors
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

I'm glad you made it okay. It's unfortunate that your friend couldn't make it, but health and safety come first.
Thanks for sharing your first day experience with all of us on Soshified. Hope you all have a great trip!

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and hope you will continue to keep us updated :yes: ^_^ . Also I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, I hope he's going to be alright and so sad that he had to miss out on this amazing trip :( . Y'all get a big surprise at the airport it's awesome enjoy the attention for the moment :woot: . OK, with you posting up food is maddening because I'm drooling over it, look so freaking delicious :gathering: . I love the view from your room, it's like any other big city views in the world :cool: . Anyway have a great time and hope to see some fancams and more pics, say Hi! to the lovely angels if you get to meet them by any chance, oh and Hi! to TheRealIsak from the Arirang radio show ^_^ . Soshified jjang! Sones jjang! Soshi jjang! L.O.V.E :heart: :heart:
Soy should have been there with all of you :D

yuyapinky yuyapinky
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

Wow! It looks so fun! I'm surprised that the Korean media is actually waiting for y'all at the airport. Hehe Soshified members are mini celebrities too! Hope y'all enjoy the rest of the days there! And the concert!

kwon kwon
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

Wow, the trip sounds amazing already. Btw, I hope your friend is okay.

Saw the tweets from SSF that you guys were met by media at the airport! That in itself is so amazing. Even though I couldn't go on the trip, I still feel excited for all of you guys! Hope ya'll have fun!

[Twitter] - [Tumblr] - [Love Revolution (Fanfic Collection)]

Avatar: miwa_harmony@livejournal
Sig: jinho@SSF

ronituas ronituas
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

Wow, this trip it's gonna be once in a lifetime experience for me..cause even though I'm not on it, having to read this first report is somewhat enough for me to feels as if being at our Angels home country. So jealous! Hope you guys having the best time there, be safe and write a lot more update of this trip (I'm hoping in the future that there would be another wonderful trip to support our Angels just like these and I would have the privilege to be able to join too)

Thank you so much for this amazing journey, Soshified, to keep the dreams alive..
So Nyuh Shi Dae Forever!

glenglen glenglen
  • Donors
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the brilliant fan-account mate, i hope you bunch are thoroughly enjoying yourselves
on the field trip :D Take care!

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

사랑해 사랑해
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

I hope your friend is ok! You guys are treated like celebrities there! I wouldn't expect cameras and such. I hope you guys enjoy your time there!

Posted Image

The Power Of 9 ♥

Credits to: signature;kyustardust@livejournal & avatar;kyustardust@livejournal

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for taking the time and effort in letting us know the happenings there.
Please do enjoy the concert and i'll be awaiting for more updates to come.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam
@  Keitaro88 (11:09:19 AM) >_> https://pbs.twimg.co...jpg&name=medium
@  kidrobot (09:44:59 PM) reeses eggs
@  bunnybelle (08:48:20 AM) <3