Photo

[INTERVIEW] Soshi Seohyun, "Interested in what is justice"5.3.11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic
오이사랑싴 오이사랑싴
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:48 AM

Girls' Generation Seohyun greeted me, blinking her round and black eyes. When I handed her a picture of brain map, she showed excitement by saying it's a fun interview. But she started thinking right away.

Seohyun apologized in advance, "Usually, when I receive this, I can't fill this out quickly". What did she write down as her recent interest after thinking? We explored her brain.

"What is justice?"
Recently, Seohyun was deeply moved by reading a book 'Justice: What's the right thing to do?' by Harvard professor Michael Sandel.
While she was reading the book, she constantly asked herself, 'Am I going into right path?' and 'Am I acting according to my beliefs?'.

Seohyun thinks a lot and has careful personality, that she definitely might have concern about obvious things. As a woman in early 20's, she said she lives life asking philosophical questions, setting her own rules.

"Parents, Soshi unnies, fans, I love you"
Parents, the reason why she exists, 2nd family Girls' Generation that she was able to choose, and fans, are who she loves the most. Seohyun stated that these three are most important to Seohyun and need to be thanked.

"Future singer songwriter?"
Recently, Seohyun is deeply into composing songs and lyrics. She said when she listens to new music, she starts composing new songs by her instinct. It's wrong to think girl group just dances to choreography made in advance and pursues music that only becomes one hit wonders.
There are people like Seohyun who searches deeply looking for meaning of music.

Posted Image

"I can't forget Yongseo Couple"
Another discovery of Seohyun through MBC variety program 'We Got Married', she sincerely gave full effort even if it was small present. Many male fans became 'Seohyun-deprived' as they watched Seohyun who looked for happiness in her daily life.

On show, Seohyun expressed her love for sweet potatoes. In result, she said she received different types of sweet potatoes such as purple sweet potato, pumpkin sweet potato, chestnut sweet potato.

"I want to go to school"
As Seohyun is attending Dongguk University acting major, she is currently taking time off from school due to busy schedule. She said she learned something big as she took philosophy course in first semester. She answered back that though it's a study that is hard to understand right away, that's the beauty of it.

Not only that, Seohyun is deeply into studying Japanese to communicate with Japanese fans. She said she now has no problem understanding and speaking without translator. She expressed her desire to expand that ability for English.

"Airport fashion, always a concern"
Girls' Generation airport fashion is always a hot topic within the netizens. She honestly said it's something that she can't worry about because she is revealing herself to fans off stage. I look forward to her airport fashion as she looks like a goddess wearing just jeans and a shirt.

Translated by 오이사랑싴@soshified.com
contribution by spiceshoe@soshified.com
source: Nateon

Posted Image
Warning: my siggy pic might distract you from reading my translation

"If you don't act without thinking, I think the life just goes on like water leaking." - Seohyun

My twitter: http://twitter.com/cucluvsic

MoonSoshi9 MoonSoshi9
  • Writers
  • 466 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:55 AM

Wow, very cool interview, thanks for translating!

It's very nice to see how deep and thoughtful Seohyun is. You can kind of tell that when you see her on different shows like WGM and in other interviews. She is a very bright girl.

I really like how she is into the meaning of music and starting to write. She is very talented musically. I really would like to see what kind of material she comes up with. Just like how Yuri wrote lyrics, I bet Seohyun can write some great stuff.

Lol at the airport fashion. Always have to be on as a mega celebrity I guess, even when you're tired from traveling.

cathsnsd09 cathsnsd09
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

Wohooo! Yongseo!
Seohyun uniie has a great personality
My big sister as old as her
But, I think she isn't as mature as seo
I really love seohyun
SNSD can be my role model
In many different things
The power of nine ;)

Posted Image
Right Now, it's SNSD, From now on, it's SNSD, Forever, it's SNSD
credit : google

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:00 AM

Sweetheart should be a professor and teach everybody. She's freaking Wonder Woman! Thanks for translating, always the best! :thumbup:

CSYstoleMyHeart CSYstoleMyHeart
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:04 AM

Seo-unnie, I wish I can think like you. I feel so much like a white paper...sigh.. :crybaby:

Thanks for translating this. Love you guys! :thumbup:

As a Sooyoungster, I promise to cherish and love the Shikshin goddess.
I will feed the shikshin whenever she is hungry.
I will be as strong as an unbeatable tiger
I will eat as much as I want despite what others say. I will cry if my heart wants too.
I will be the Shikshin's source of energy and happiness

barapamos barapamos
  • Donors
  • 1594 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

This is how amazing Seohyun is. She doesn't just influence her SoShi unnies, she influences us all in a good way as well. She is not just a girl in entertainment industry but a real role model for fans in all ages. I really really love how I can learn many diferent thing from this little girl with big heart even though I'm older than her. This is how awesome SoShi Girls are which makes them the way they are right now.

Lastly, thank you so much for translating this precious article.

We Are Nothing Without 9
Posted Image
Taengoo: "데뷔 후 라디오에서 이렇게 즐거워하는 시카는 처음보내요."
Sica: "탱구랑 같이 있어서 그래여~" -- From ChinChin 090723

Credit Sig Photo: me

spiceshoe spiceshoe
  • Writers
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:12 AM

She is such a logical and philosophical girl it's really quite unbelievable she's one of the members of Korea's #1 girl group =O
But she's so artistic and I really like that side of her. She's such a thinker haha but what's awesome is that most of the stuff she does is right =)

"She answered back that though it's a study that is hard to understand right away, that's the beauty of it."
She's, wow, an amazing person haha she must be one of those people who sees the glass half full and not half empty =)

Looking forward to Seohyun's self-written songs! Thank you so much for the translations, this must be a lot of hard work with those big words 0.o

cosmiclatte cosmiclatte
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:13 AM

Love her. Love her so much.
Glad at the mention of Yongseo. Keke. Seohyuna...I'm glad you gained many mature fans through WGM.
I'm your unnie fan right from the start and I will carry on forever.
And I've always believed that Seohyun has the ability to write songs. I'm waiting for that day to come!

Edited by cosmiclatte, 03 May 2011 - 01:14 AM.

서현아! 고구마!

ty9soshi ty9soshi
  • Donors
  • 2061 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:18 AM

thank you for translating this article.
wow she really matured a lot. Thinking broad in her young age makes me admire her more. She's even more mature than I am (I'm older than her) hahaha..
and now she's composing songs and lyrics. I hope someday i can hear her own songs.

SONE1314 SONE1314
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

I guess in near future, we can see songs composed by her in the albums ^^
Thanks for translating!

colin<3SNSD colin<3SNSD
  • Donors
  • 835 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

Seohyun, Maknae ! i don't think she's maknae anymore. now she is being more mature than other unnies.
Seohyun alway try hard on everything, worked hard on sturdy, work as a group and alway listen to other 8 unnies.
she alway think further and smart than others too. and now she even want to compose a song by herself.
Yonghwa has taught her a lot of things about love and other things that important. Seohyun really think a lot these day, even read a justice book.
we also love u too :heart: ^^

Posted Image
icon&banner cr:lynnryan@soshified

Follow me on twitter --> Posted Image

sheni sheni
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

seohuyn such a nice and mature girl
i respect and learn a lot from her
look forward her composing because she's so talent
and yongseo couple is real
seohuyn jjang:X

aeh2 aeh2
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

Thanks for translating, this was a really good read! I can't believe she read 'Justice' all the way through, that's admirable. It's amazing that she's as deep a thinker as she is cause she's so young. She's a role model for all, I think we could all learn a lot from her. I'm glad she mentioned YongSeo too. :lol:

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:32 AM

Wow, what an interview. I always liked this type of interviews.

Seohyun thinks alot. Only by asking yourself questions, can you seek to improve. I can see that Seohyun constantly strives for improvement and I'm impressed. :)
LOL sometimes I wonder why she became an entertainer since she has the mindset of an academic. But that's her dream and glad to see it achieved.
I can't wait for Seohyun to release her own composed&written song. I await the day SNSD comes out with an album fully produced by them. From the girls, for the fans. :D

Thanks for awesome translation!

Edited by Caricactures, 03 May 2011 - 01:35 AM.

Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

peppermin peppermin
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:36 AM

sounds like a reliable seohyun!
she sounds really smart and seems to have grown up rly well! :)
however, all of snsd seem to have deep thoughts as well and I hope they show that side of themselves more~

jouls14 jouls14
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:23 AM

Smart, ambitious, loving, lovely...I could go on. I should be more like Seohyun T____T she's so hardworking and mature. Unnie~~ I want to be a positive person like you :') Awwww. She can't forget YongSeo! <3 Yonghwa thought her a lot of things and I am sure Yonghwa learnt a lot from Seohyun too. This is a great read. Thanks for the translation! :)

JeTiYulYoonTaeSunSooHyoHyun

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:26 AM

Thanks for translating this interview. Seohyun has been maturing into a fine lady and i'm really glad for that.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

Guest_Dandyu-Jeti~Luv_* Guest_Dandyu-Jeti~Luv_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:26 AM

She's such a serious girl! but that's what I like about her.. not some ditzy celebrity.. she's real! and there's still hope for YongSeo couple! MWAHAHA I'm so happy reading that one..
I believe that when the day comes, she could easily be the diplomat she said she wanted to be. She has the brains and I bet all SONEs would vote for her hahaha.. so she already has a certain amount of followers there ;)

Go Maknae! Bet the Soshi unnies are extremely proud of her ^__^ as we do too ;)

puddiing puddiing
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

Yeah! I like that alot about her! I think she will live her life well...i can say that she already achieve alot of success in her life. Never stop learning. I got a feeling she will author her own book! She attract me the most out of the 9 because of how she think and react. I was always wondering what SeohYun will be thinking ! What will she think when she get older or at the age of 40s/50s . I bet YongHwa taught her alot about music composing. Way to go YongHwa ! Hoot!

ErisedSeo ErisedSeo
  • Donors
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:29 AM

Seohyun seems really... like she doesn't belong in this world lol. TOO perfect. I'm very proud of her. I can't wait to her any of her composition. I hope SM would let her talent be showcased more. I want to her play the guitar or piano while the rest of the girls sing along with her. That's my wish!

Posted Image

"There is no reason for me to give up... I didn't quit high school. People look down on us if we don't go to school because of work, right? 'Entertainers have no brain,' I feel so frustrated hearing that kind of stuff from people. We just have a different goal. We have our own ways..." (cr:Translation@SSF)

Seo Joo Hyun-GGTS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam
@  Keitaro88 (11:09:19 AM) >_> https://pbs.twimg.co...jpg&name=medium
@  kidrobot (09:44:59 PM) reeses eggs