Photo

[COMP] Reviews of Total SophisticationFor various merch and shows; updated 27/Jan/2017 Unstoppable Marriage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic
takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

THE LONG VERSION

Hey all!  Welcome to my humble thread of randomness; this exists purely because I promised it would.  Perhaps I'm lacking in vision or... something, but hopefully it'll come sooner or later!  Promises are promises are promises.

Here, I'll be "reviewing" (aka talking pointlessly about) a lot of the official Soshi merchandise I have, as well as some dramas, I suppose!  Please do not expect awesomeness.  For merchandise, I will be focusing more on the physical aspect rather than the musical critique.  Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you stick around!  :)

And if all that was too much for you to read, then perhaps my reviews aren't for you.  But since I want to keep this valuable part of my audience in my reading base, I'll be including wonderful, thought-out, short summaries for all you lovelies.  Here it is!

THE SHORT VERSION

I no know how to review. Halp.

Index (not in chronological order; highlight for rating)

[ALBUM] Girls' Generation (2007) --> 8/10

[ALBUM] The Boys - English Version --> 6/10

[ALBUM] The Boys - Korean Version --> 8.5/10

[DRAMA] The K2: Episode 1 --> 7/10

[DRAMA] Unstoppable Marriage --> 6/10

[DRAMA] You Are My Destiny (see below) --> 6.5/10

[MERCH] All About Girls' Generation: Paradise in Phuket --> 9.5/10

[MERCH] All About Girls' Generation: Paradise in Phuket DVD Preview Photobook --> 7.8/10

[MERCH] Girls' Generation 2012 Official Diary --> 6/10

[MERCH] Girls' Generation Complete Video Collection --> 7/10

[MERCH] Girls' Generation Limited Edition Special Stamp Collection --> 4.5/10

[SHOW] Kko Kko Tours - Tiffany --> 5/10

[SHOW] We Got Married - Taeyeon and Hyungdon --> 4/10

[SINGLE] MR.TAXI / Run Devil Run --> 6.8/10

[SONG/MV] Party --> PAAAARRTTYYYY

Coming eventually maybe, in no particular order
(requests taken)

Spoiler

Mods feel free to edit and change anything according to your whims or all the rules I break  :(

You're not famous until some n00b reviews you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[DRAMA] You Are My Destiny

Spoiler

SHORTLY

Why’s Yoona holding her eyes like that. Who’s that guy what do they like each other.  Who’re they.  What’s happening.

Why does everyone hate each other.  They're so mean omg.  That's terrible.  Let's fast forward.  Hahahaha guy's little sister is Yuri.  It's YoonYul omg

That’s a lot of vegetables. 

Why do they all love each other now.  What is happening.  Who died? What.  Is Yoona pregnant.  Scandal!  I don't understand.  This drama sucks.

Rating: 999/10!!!1!!111!!

In all seriousness though, I liked this particular drama at the time.  I really did.  Watch.

Edited by takenine, 04 February 2017 - 10:16 PM.

lucyy lucyy
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

Thank you for the review on this drama! I've been itching wanting to watch this drama for some time but never got around to it, because I always forgot about it or was too lazy to get past all these 178 episodes. :sweat:

Your review caught my eye and convinced me to try and watch it again. Your choice of words are very interesting and the short version of your review on YAMD was daebak xD

I'll go and watch it now~

Looking forward to more reviews from you ^^

Edited by LucySONE2, 20 April 2014 - 06:36 AM.

ABWTFrR.gif

GGFanJan GGFanJan
  • Donors
  • 710 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

Omo, you have a review corner! Nice! I'll be your faithful reader, I promise! lol

I haven't watched YAMD. I thought about watching it, but the number of episodes is pretty scary. I may pick it up because of your sophisticated review after all, haha! But I don't have time to watch it at the moment, so it will have to wait.

Looking forward to more of your reviews, keep up the sophistication yo!

Don't hide youself inside of an always strong appearance. 

Sometimes, it's okay to show your hidden vulnerable expression.

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

@LucySONE2 Thanks for commenting!  The drama's a big one to tackle, but hopefully you'll find it worth your time (if you ever get around to it :P)
@GGFanJan  I'll be keeping you to that promise >.> The extreme sophistication continues

***apologies in advance for my craptastic phone camera; the thing is ancient, and I’m obviously a world class photographer, so obviously these pictures would come out amazing!  I’ve left all my stuff at my parent’s home so I sadly can’t retake them right now.  I took allll these pictures in advance, so they're kinda lame

***also, since I don’t have the all this stuff with me on person, sadly my reviews will be a tad bit more shallow >.<  I suppose I'll update when I get home, which won’t be for quite a loooong while

***edit: updated! Yeah they still suck.  This is as good as they're going to get

[MERCH] Girls' Generation 2012 Official Diary

Spoiler

SHORTLY

It’s pretty and feels nice.

Preeeeeecioussssss/Precious

Edited by takenine, 26 January 2015 - 12:03 AM.

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Updates:

1. Edited the Diary pictures and review. So pretty
2. Double posting.  Please don't report me.

Edit: WOW 
Da Funk!  You're a meanie face.  Go back to your own section.

[SHOW] We Got Married - Taeyeon and Hyungdon

Spoiler

SHORTLY

What silly sillies.  Can we have more Jessica?

Jessica/Taeyeon

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

Another post. How high can we go? :( At this rate, I should just merge everything or delete my thread for breaking rules! D:

Hm, does one post and everything in spoilers work... Alright, if I review another [MERCH] next, it'll be an edit!

[MERCH] Girls' Generation Limited Edition Special Stamp Collection

Spoiler

SHORTLY

Do I really want little pictures of images I've seen a thousand times and very likely have bigger versions of it already?  BUT OF COURSE!

Greed/King Midas

lucyy lucyy
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

Hello hello~!

Popping in a comment of encouragement since you seem a bit 'low spirited' with the lack of comments. 

I've been reading your reviews for a while but seriously did not know what to comment xD

Of course, I've already posted here before (yes I did finish YAMD [it was pretty good btw~]), I was just curious to how you were doing and came to visit ^^

I really really really really  enjoy your entertaining, yet thorough reviews :3

Upvoted everything because you really really really deserve it, with all the time and effort you put into writing these~

and wow, so many reviews to *once again* look forward to ^^

ITNW 1st Asia Concert DVD + CD

Love & Girls Single
Flower Power Single
1st Photobook in Tokyo + DVD
2011 Girls' Generation Tour
MR TAXI single
Complete Video Collection - new pics taken
Japanese First Album Repackage: The Boys
Twinkle
The Boys Korean + English
I Got a Boy
Paparazzi
Oh! Japanese
Girls' Generation (First Album)
Girls' Generation: Japan First Tour
Girls and Peace: 2nd Japan Tour
Girls' Generation II: Girls and Peace

Holiday

All About Girls' Generation: Paradise in Phuket + Preview Photobook - new pics taken

takenine hwaitingg!

EDIT: I second GGFanJan's request :3

Edited by lucyy, 29 August 2014 - 06:37 AM.

ABWTFrR.gif

GGFanJan GGFanJan
  • Donors
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:32 AM

Hello! Sorry for not keeping my promise of being a faithful reader. :(

Anyhow, I really like your reviews, they're well written and fun. ^^

Oooh, the stamps, they really look neat. I don't think they're really worth the money though lol

As for Taeng's WGM, I've seen a few eps but I didn't really find it that much entertaining tbh so I never watched the whole thing. I really loved the scenes with all the girls though. ^^ And the bungee jumping episode was fun!

Keep up the good reviews. And if you ever find the time for it, I would really like to read your review of Jessica&Krystal.

katiecSNSD katiecSNSD
  • Donors
  • 283 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

I know I said this to you yesterday, but I love your reviews! They are so funny, but they're also informative. I especially like your You Are My Destiny review - that was great.  :laugh: I haven't watched it, but now I want to!

Anyway, good job. I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread. :)

foreverwithyou.jpg

soshi9otaku soshi9otaku
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

The humor in your reviews really make them worth reading ( other than the fact that they are REVIEWs hahaha)

anw i find that the only thing good to come out of taeyeon's wgm is that we got to see her in the gorgeous wedding dress

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:59 PM

A super late update to a dying thread.  Sorry, guys!  I've been a bit busy ><  Your comments are always 100% appreciated :)

[MERCH] Girls' Generation Complete Video Collection

Spoiler

SHORTLY

We've honestly seen all these MVs before.  Oh, but it comes with a pen and playing cards?  Sold.

Repeated/Redundant

------------------------------

Hello hello~!
Popping in a comment of encouragement since you seem a bit 'low spirited' with the lack of comments. 
I've been reading your reviews for a while but seriously did not know what to comment xD
Of course, I've already posted here before (yes I did finish YAMD [it was pretty good btw~]), I was just curious to how you were doing and came to visit ^^
I really really really really  enjoy your entertaining, yet thorough reviews :3
Upvoted everything because you really really really deserve it, with all the time and effort you put into writing these~

and wow, so many reviews to *once again* look forward to ^^
takenine hwaitingg!

EDIT: I second GGFanJan's request :3

Thanks for dropping by! :)  Wow, you finished YAMD!  I'm impressed~  Thanks for reading :)

Hello! Sorry for not keeping my promise of being a faithful reader. :(

Anyhow, I really like your reviews, they're well written and fun. ^^

Oooh, the stamps, they really look neat. I don't think they're really worth the money though lol

As for Taeng's WGM, I've seen a few eps but I didn't really find it that much entertaining tbh so I never watched the whole thing. I really loved the scenes with all the girls though. ^^ And the bungee jumping episode was fun!

Keep up the good reviews. And if you ever find the time for it, I would really like to read your review of Jessica&Krystal.

Hello hello buddy!  This is such a late reply, I don't even know.  They're definitely not worth the money xD  I'll see if I have time to review Jessica&Krystal; honestly I haven't watched the whole thing yet (gasp), so I'm slowly jotting down my initial impressions.  We might get a mini review of each episode as a result of that... but not promises haha

I know I said this to you yesterday, but I love your reviews! They are so funny, but they're also informative. I especially like your You Are My Destiny review - that was great.  :laugh: I haven't watched it, but now I want to!

Anyway, good job. I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread. :)

Thanks for the comment, and sorry that it took so long to update!  Haha I'm glad you want to watch YAMD now, but hopefully you'll start when you have time and not when things are going crazy :P

The humor in your reviews really make them worth reading ( other than the fact that they are REVIEWs hahaha)
anw i find that the only thing good to come out of taeyeon's wgm is that we got to see her in the gorgeous wedding dress

Thanks for reading! Taeng definitely looks great in a wedding dress; maybe I'll review Seo's WGM sometime, and we can rave about how pretty she looks in a wedding dress too ha

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

Here we are, back again with another review because I don't have the time for it :D

[SINGLE] MR.TAXI / Run Devil Run Single

Spoiler

SHORTLY

Pretty poster

More posters please.

tjsthysysIN tjsthysysIN
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:27 AM

Dayum, you have so much merchandise. Truthfully I just skimmed through the text, focused on the images and read the SHORTLYs. I am so jealous happy for you.

rkzqjm.jpg

Sunny = Me                                                |                                 TaeNy= You + Your collection

You've got to give me your photographer's number. She is really good, hired a professional?
cr: fanpop.com

Edited by tJsthysysIN, 09 February 2015 - 05:27 AM.

☆☆☆ HAPPINESS! ☆☆☆

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

¤ Reviews: [COMP] The Chopping Block ¤

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:27 PM

I have some time on my hands.  Short, quick review go!

[ALBUM] Girls' Generation (2007)

Spoiler

SHORTLY

More pink stuff?  Of course we want more pink stuff!!

Tiffany/Pink

Dayum, you have so much merchandise. Truthfully I just skimmed through the text, focused on the images and read the SHORTLYs. I am so jealous happy for you.

Sunny = Me                                                |                                 TaeNy= You + Your collection

You've got to give me your photographer's number. She is really good, hired a professional?

The SHORTLY sections are the only parts worth reading, of course.  My photographer?  Oh, he's absolutely wonderful.  Absolute professional.  Certificate and all.  Oh yes.

Edited by takenine, 29 December 2017 - 10:09 AM.

GGFanJan GGFanJan
  • Donors
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

Another nice review, good job. ^^

This album is probably my favorite Korean(full length) album, because imo it's very consistent. Unlike their following albums, where they'd mix cute and fierce sounding songs, this is pretty much cute songs throughout. And they're all very relaxing, that's why I like this album so much. Pretty much a perfect album to wind down to.

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

[MV/SONG] Party

Spoiler

Another nice review, good job. ^^

This album is probably my favorite Korean(full length) album, because imo it's very consistent. Unlike their following albums, where they'd mix cute and fierce sounding songs, this is pretty much cute songs throughout. And they're all very relaxing, that's why I like this album so much. Pretty much a perfect album to wind down to.

I personally prefer a nice (not too much though) mix, but I can definitely see where you're coming from.  This album really sets the mood, and I don't think they could've done a much better job with their debut album.  

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

[MERCH] All About Girls' Generation: Paradise in Phuket

Spoiler

SHORTLY

Lots of Soshi videos to rot (ROTS: Reviews of Total Sophistication, coincidence? I think not!) your eyes out on.  

Glasses/Contacts

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:47 PM

[MERCH] All About Girls' Generation: Paradise in Phuket DVD Preview Photobook

Spoiler

SHORTLY

Buy the same material again?  Buy it in Korean?  Buy it in Japanese?  Buy it in English?  Well, OBVIOUSLY

May I use the same money I paid with previously/No

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

[ALBUM] The Boys - Korean Version

Spoiler

SHORTLY

You mean all that above wasn't short enough??  People these days, gosh.

The Boys/Boys

-------------------------------------------------------

Thus rounds off The Boys.  

But wait!  There's more!  Continued below because this is getting long way too short.

takenine takenine
  • Donors
  • 2364 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:47 PM

[ALBUM] The Boys - English Version

Spoiler

SHORTLY

Where's my photocard!

Best buy / 2 PHOTOCARDS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox