• This topic is locked This topic is locked
285 replies to this topic
Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

POPULAR

9 DAYS OF CARING

A proposal for a Sone 9 Days of Caring event.

TARGET:

To host a 9 Days of Caring event for Girls’ Generation’s fans to show their love and support for
the group by performing random acts of kindness, by giving back to our neighbors, strangers,
and community. 

“... share the love with those around you.” -- Sooyoung

From January 17th - January 25th, for nine days, Girls’ Generation fans across the country will
be going out to their communities and continuing their daily lives but they will all have a special
mission: commit a random act of kindness and tell us about it.
Let us know why it’s important to
give back and care about the people and places we walk by every day.

At the end of the 25th day, we're going to be compiling all the acts of kindness and compiling a video to show to Girls' Generation. 

A few ideas are: 

- Clean up graffiti
- Clean up a park
- Donate used books to a library
- Give care packs to the homeless
- Give elderly the gift of music
- Help someone with yard work
- Volunteer at a local homeless shelter or food kitchen
- Help build a house for someone in need with Habitat for Humanity
- Pay for a stranger’s meal

We suggest leaving a note or post-it with the good deed that says "SONE 9 Days of Caring for Girls' Generation" and maybe have them check out 'I Got A Boy'

The possibilities are endless.

Please post in this thread:

Username: 
City, Country:
Video/Pic (use an external host such as imgur.com or mediafire.com):
Summary: 
Date:

We need pictures/videos! You can have things like

70503159188788749186112.jpg

(credit Fantaesica)

or include Post-it's to promote IGAB!

BA00rwbCcAAhEP4.jpg

(credit LYRCat)

Be creative! TELL US YOUR STORY :) 

Time period: Jan 17 - Jan 25!

After you post it! Tweet us your act of kindness as well with the hashtag #9DaysofCaringForGG

If you submit a video please make sure it's no longer than 20-30 seconds. We're trying to fit as many SONEs and good deeds as possible in the video! 

By submitting in this thread you are giving us permission to use the content that you post up!
Special thank you to @itstiff for coming up with this idea! 

Do a good job! The video will be shown to Girls' Generation!

twitter: http://twitter.com/soyuri
Global Generation

Save yourself time and check the FAQs before PM-ing me.

soshirhen soshirhen
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Wow. A brilliant idea! I hope GG would be very happy to watch it :> SSF jjang! I'll try to make one for this. Thank you!

Lafrezita1 Lafrezita1
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

This is so awesome! Thank you for coming up with this amazing idea. Question though, can we post more than once?

Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Wow. A brilliant idea! I hope GG would be very happy to watch it :> SSF jjang! I'll try to make one for this. Thank you!

Yes sure! 

twitter: http://twitter.com/soyuri
Global Generation

Save yourself time and check the FAQs before PM-ing me.

sogetzu sogetzu
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I think there is nothing wrong with doing any good deeds..and encouraging other people to do so.

Edited by KSarangHaeT, 23 January 2013 - 09:32 PM.
Edited away the quote from a member which contained negative contents.

As a Taeganger, I promise to despise all aegyo,
to remain secretive with my butt fetishes,
to laugh whenever and however I want,
to spread my 'amajjing!' engrish to everyone,
do everything I can to help Taeyeon in her quest to conquer the world,
and to wear a mustache to make my TaeYeon proud!

FrozenArctic FrozenArctic
  • ♬Radio DJ
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

POPULAR

Excuse me, but being a fanbase for Girls' Generation doesn't mean that every project we do has to be something to do with the girls. It's impossible to have them involved in every single little project because I'm sure you realize how busy they are. If you were a fan last year, you'd understand the feats that Soshified went through to organize a fan meeting. We are not paid nor are we affiliated with SM in any way.

And it's disappointing to read something like this because if you're really a SONE, you should understand that one of the reasons so many love the girls is because they are selfless people who are always looking out for their fans and the people around them. As fans, we learn from our idols and are inspired to do the same thing. What's wrong with giving back to the community and helping those in need? There's nothing negative about this project, but what is negative is your spirit which is both demoralizing and unnecessary. It's great that you have an opinion but shall I remind you that is Soshified is a community with many younger fans too. Please be mindful of what you say. 

Edited by KSarangHaeT, 23 January 2013 - 09:33 PM.
Edited away the quote from a member which contained negative contents.

二人だけの秘密だよ. cr; merong77.com

EC0vHcc.png

Read: Fan Fiction | Fan Account

Twitter: @FrozenArctic

D.O.T.S D.O.T.S
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

This is awesome but, I don't really like taking videos or pica sadly. I'll try my best to do a good deed and not feel awkward.

Is a pic/vid a must?

sprojectthreadprojectsi.jpg NNBGB.png
Twitter: Here Fanfic: Here and Here Collab: Detective Soshi! Yoona's Project Thread: Here
Motto: Once a Sone, Always a Sone! Banner Credit: IntoTheNewGG/Avatar: AndreaLeong

gilliannguyen gilliannguyen
  • Validating
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

This is awesome! I am volunteering at a hospital and doing an internship at a clinic. I think there will be a lot of good things for me to film but I am afraid that the clinic, especially the hospital, will prohibit taking photos/recording :( 

Racheiru Racheiru
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

This is awesome but, I don't really like taking videos or pica sadly. I'll try my best to do a good deed and not feel awkward.

Is a pic/vid a must?

Definitely, because there has to be proof and it is going to be sent in a video, so GG can see our efforts, not just read about it ^^

Awesome idea. I haven't taken part in ssf projects and I'm glad to start with this. 

This is such a great way to motivate people in doing good deeds, and spreading the name Girls' Generation as well so it's a win-win. 

I have a question that I've asked in the comments but I'm hoping for an answer so I'll ask on this official thread:

I'm sure many others will become interested to see what kind of artist has gotten people to go through with this project. 

I'm also not really used to taking pictures (willingly) but I'll try my best haha 

princesstaesic.jpg

2zpjn6w.jpg

Yanga Yanga
  • Donors
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

This a fantastic project to get people to give back to and appreciate the community that they are living in themselves :) Instead of playing games or going to a party, commit to contributing a small piece of happiness to your community ^_^

Hwaiting!

FWofO.png0hStt.png

Little J Little J
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

This is a great idea! Nothing sounds better than giving back in the name of Sones and SNSD :) The girls will surely be proud.

2lAdK6j.gif
"You have to eat to live, right?"
지금은, 앞으로도, 영원히 소녀시대!

수영 + 수연; 탱싴. 9. 

IsaKwonnie IsaKwonnie
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

wow this is amazing, a really fantastic project :o ...i'm sure that i'll try to do it! and i love it! congrats guys, our girls will be so happy for this (:

tumblr_m61e5qjCUj1ry3zl4o1_250.gif

proud to be a Seomate..

mushroom_py mushroom_py
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

today i donated $10 to an ex-convict and $5 to help little children (i didn't know about this project) and then i saw the tweet soshified posted. didn't know what the project is about, so i didn't take any pictures or anything but a good deed is a good deed (: just sharing it here (:

yoonyultaenisicseo yoonyultaenisicseo
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

nice idea, and it's the right time

my neighborhood is now struck by flood

some area in my city currently flood with water

gonna help some nerdy people that must get evacuated because their

house was flooded

come let's become one SONES

let's hwaiting and help anyone who need our helps

let's be man for the others

Edited by yoonyultaenisicseo, 17 January 2013 - 12:30 AM.

Sigs-2007-SSF.gif

Sigs-Paparazzi.gif

Hopes THE BEST & Mr. Mr. will be Succesfull, hwaiting indestructible9 Girls !!!

Always proud being Taegangers,Gorjess Spazzer,Sunshiner, Fanytastic, Hyohunnie,Yurisistable,Sooyoungster, YoonAddict and Seomate

meneer_van_kodoq meneer_van_kodoq
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Just did one. A small act with no pics of proof tho.

I'm planning to do something more in the next few days. :D

~~ Sovereign Nine's Strongest Defender ~~
Posted ImagePosted Image
..:: sesama SoNE harus saling sooyoung-menyooyoungi ::..

.weqqmochi. .weqqmochi.
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1189 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Reminds me to Jayesless's little project calls "drive-thru" something haha but this is a very great one, I'm trying to do something too for my arounds. Let's see what can I do for them. I guess SONE are gonna be BIG IMPACT for another, show ours loveeeeeee <3

Posted Image

What hurts them, will only make them stronger. True 소녀시대 fans believe in the power of 9

RickachuSNSD RickachuSNSD
  • Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Just one clarification: Does it have to be during the time period as described in the announcement? Because I got some good deeds in the recent past, and I want to share them now, if it's okay...

Thank you!

Jigemeun, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Apuroudo, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Yongwonhi, So Nyuh Shi Dae! So Nyuh Shi Dae Saranghe!
My encounter with the Girls:
Bangkok, Hsinchu, Manila, Taipei, Taipei Again, Bulacan, Seoul, Hong Kong, Seoul Again, Taipei 3rd, Manila Again, Manila 3rd
My thoughts on the Girls: Power of Nine, One Year Later, Two Years, On Being a SONE, Deeper Feelings At your own risk: Twitter, Instagram Covers: Blind CH Ver. (SM The Ballad Zhoumi), Non-SNSD Covers Thread, SNSD Covers Thread Fanfic: Breathe, Don't Speak
BunnyPancake.jpg
If Fany uploads a picture of herself in that Party MV bikini like what Sunny did, I SWEAR I'M GONNA THROW MYSELF OUT THE WINDOW

sebbasttian sebbasttian
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

I think it's a GRATE idea to motivate people to do acts of kindness no matter how. And for SONEs is an excellent motivation to have the opportunity to actually show to our idols that we act in a way they could be proud of. To prove with pics or vids that we are gentle and kind-hearted.

As for me, I've recently donate a bunch of old clothes but I didn't take any pic (I didn't pretend to show it to anybody at that time), so I'm going try to find something else to do :P

But I want to note something: every single little thing that we do to make another people feel better counts. Give your seat in a public transportation, return a smile when someone talk to us, thanks for being served in any way, pay attention when another person is talking, don't encourage people to do stuff that may hurt other, etc... There are millions of little things that anyone can do and the opportunities to do it are everywhere and in every moment. It's like a state of mind :P

Kudos for the idea :)

D.O.T.S D.O.T.S
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Username: D.O.T.S
City, Country: New York
Video/Pic (use an external host such as imgur.com or mediafire.com): http://i45.tinypic.com/ossf8m.jpg
Summary: I organized a box of 265 markers. I didn't take a pic cause I hate taking pictures, instead I took a random picture from google. Lol, if you don't use it, its ok at least I helped out. :D
Date: 1/17/13

Edit: I forgot to say that the teacher didnt tell me to do it. I did it on my own.

Edited by D.O.T.S, 17 January 2013 - 09:25 AM.

sprojectthreadprojectsi.jpg NNBGB.png
Twitter: Here Fanfic: Here and Here Collab: Detective Soshi! Yoona's Project Thread: Here
Motto: Once a Sone, Always a Sone! Banner Credit: IntoTheNewGG/Avatar: AndreaLeong

Yumi ♥ Yumi ♥
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

Beautiful, great idea! This is very moving. Using the name of SNSD in order to encourage people to do good actions for others. I'm sure SNSD will be happy to hear about this. Thanks, Soshified staff! (: 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  Keitaro88 (11:07:33 AM) >_> https://x.com/momosb...4269526388?s=20
@  alice_ot12 (11:24:10 AM) taeyeon is so pretty