[MESSAGE] Happy 5th Anniversary To Girls' Generation/소녀시대August 5th, 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
630 replies to this topic
Ghost Ghost
  • Project Leaders
  • 1613 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

Hello everyone! Welcome to the annual Girls' Generation Anniversary Message Thread! I feel honored, and a little pressured, to open this thread, but I shall stop my rambling now, simply because any choice of words cannot even begin to explain my gratitude and appreciation for the girls. Instead, I would like to link a video put together by the amazing video editor yuldori801 that pretty much sums up my feelings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8WMPupUH8g

Without further ado, you all are welcome to leave a message in this thread congratulating the girls on their 5th anniversary!

지금은 소녀시대 앞으로도 소녀시대 영원히 소녀시대
영원히 너와 꿈꾸고 싶다

cr; cheesinator <3

MoonSoshi9 MoonSoshi9
  • Writers
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

Girls' Generation,

You have changed my life for the better. I've learned a new language thanks to you. I've met incredible new friends thanks to you. I've traveled to Korea thanks to you. You have given me so much that I don't think I can ever repay you with enough love and support, but I will always try.

I could go on for days about how much you mean to me, girls. But I will simply say, thank you. You deserve everything in the world, and I hope you get it. Your talent, sincerity, beauty, hopefulness, humility, all of it is a gift to this world.

I am so happy I am living in Girls' Generation.

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary. I and so many other SONEs will be with you today, and for the next anniversary, the one after that, and every one from now until forever.

Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, Seohyun, thank you so much.

지금은 소녀시대. 앞으로도 소녀시대. 영원히 소녀시대.

FrozenArctic FrozenArctic
  • ♬Radio DJ
  • 631 posts

Five years ago nine very different girls set out together on a journey to live out their dreams. As you girls took your first baby steps towards their goal, some were scared, others were nervous but all were determined. As sweat trickled down your foreheads, and you danced and sang with all their heart. Every line you sang from Into The New World could only mirror but a tiny fraction of your desires. A childhood sacrificed, precious time that could never be regained, the only option left was onwards -- no matter the hardships that lie ahead. But at least you girls have each other. And for all nine, I think that was more than you could ever ask for. As all of you advanced slowly into the k-pop world, baby steps gradually grew wider, stronger and more confident.

Let the years roll forward.

You girls are each others greatest strength and biggest fans. You are all a family and each others best friend. Although there may be times when disagreements break out and sometimes you even bickered and fought. However, over the years all nine have learned to accept one another and realize that it was because of the individuality of each member that allowed Girls' Generation, as a whole, to shine as the leaders of K-pop.

Nine wins nine weeks in a row. Daesangs and the crown for every music show whenever a new song was released. There are fans from all over the world and an overwhelming amount of unconditional support. And to have topped charts and have many sold-out concerts is simply phenomenal. However, this anniversary will not be only be to celebrate the good times. As five years approach, I hope that Girls' Generation will also celebrate the tough times. I hope you girls will look back from the start and celebrate for having overcome any obsticals that stood in your way. After all, success is measured by the number of times we are able to rise upon falling down. And SONEs couldn't be any prouder of each and every one of you.

Thank you for coming together, setting aside your differences and blessing us with laughter and tears. As we watch all of you on stage, backstage and on various shows, we are also learning from you. Like teachers, you have taught us to accept people for who they are, and to always give it 110% no matter the task at hand. You have inspired us to pursue dreams and persevere through the hardest of times. Thank you for giving some of us a raison d'être.

Happy five years Girls' Generation. You all have showed us that the impossible is truly nothing. At the stereotypical disbanding year for idol groups, you proved theories wrong. Five years and you are all still going strong. Five years and countless opportunities await you. The world is at your fingertips, and together, you girls can take on anything.

On August 5th, celebrate, love, laugh, relax and even shed tears over all you have accomplished. Happy fifth anniversary Girls' Generation. Stay healthy and happy ^^ SONEs will always be right behind you, every step of the way (:

二人だけの秘密だよ. cr; merong77.com

EC0vHcc.png

Read: Fan Fiction | Fan Account

Twitter: @FrozenArctic

ShannonK ShannonK
  • Stylists
  • 382 posts

Girls' Generation, there are so many things I want to thank you for I just don't know where to start.

First of all, thank you for being yourselves these past five years. I found you girls when I was going through a tough time in my life. I had felt so alone and did not know where to turn to. Your music gave me hope and the strength to get out of my depression. Whenever I was feeling sad I would watch one of your variety shows or listen to your discography until I could no longer remember even why I was upset.

Thank you for always being the hardworking and dedicated girls we all know and love. You all have taught me to always reach for my dreams and put 100% into whatever I do. Each of you have taught me so much and in some way improved my life.

Thank you for some of the most amazing friends I could ever have. Because of you I was able to fly to the other side of the world and meet 100 amazing people, some of which I am now close friends with. These people are very important to me and I would have never met them if it wasn't for you.

Thank you for giving me a way to help others. Because of you I get to create hair and make up tutorials. Although it may not seem like a big deal to me it is. Through these videos I can teach other girls to be confident and be just as beautiful as you.

Finally, thank you for helping me to find my voice again. Because of this community of wonderful sones I am able to once again sing for an audience, even though it is just from behind a computer screen. Just like you I love performing, and because of you I can continue to do that.

Soshi, you have given me so much I don't know what I can do to repay you. So I hope this small thanks will help to lift your spirits when you are down and help remind you that you are loved.

- ShannonK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt-dTbZwz9k

aradias aradias
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

Happy 5th Anniversary Girls' Generation!

So glad that another year had pass and yet you nine are still together <33

God knows how proud I am watching you girls creating history together as each day passes. :)

You girls had gone through this journey together as one despite facing obstacles in all sorts of form and I can't even explain how glad I feel. The bond between you nine girls is absolutely strong that sometimes the beauty of the bond makes me wanna cry so bad.

Oh, you girls have no ideas how much you all had changed my life ㅋㅋ (。⌒‿⌒。)

Thank you for all your hard works and efforts you had put in, in order to not disappoint us Sones, thank you for bringing a smile upon my face every single day, thank you for being my strength and thank you, for everything.

Being a Sone is definitely the best decision I've ever made in my life. I regret nothing, absolutely nothing ;)

I hope that all of you girls will welcome everyday with joy, always be in a pink of health, and never ever forget that no matter what you girls do, we Sones, always have your back. ∩_∩

Jigeumeun So Nyuh Shi Dae! Apeurodo So Nyuh Shi Dae! Yeongwonhi So Nyuh Shi Dae!

Enjoy your 5th anniversary girls!

God bless, we love you nine ♡

forever nine, with the pink ocean.

Edited by aradias, 23 July 2012 - 12:54 AM.

Ukigumo Ukigumo
  • Donors
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

Ohai, happy 5th anniversary. It feels like yesterday I got into the fandom and went on a crazy bias rotation before I realized just how amazing all 9 of you were.
I don't even know what to dedicate...err... no wait!
Here's a picture of Joseph Gordon-Levitt:

Posted Image

If you girls saw this right now you would be swooning, but alas, I am not he. :P

Edited by Ukigumo, 22 July 2012 - 11:32 PM.

f3w2h1.png

follow ukigumo  | heritage | the spotlight | a year to remember

Ismétlés a tudás anyja...

cucumberoni cucumberoni
  • Donors
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

Happy 5th Anniversary, Girls' Generation!

It's been a long journey for both you nine girls and for us as fans. You've gone from ambitious rookies to world stars, and yet I don't even think that's the most exciting part about celebrating this fifth anniversary. To me, the most exciting thing is that we're not at the end of the journey, and that there is still so much further that we can go together. Anytime you all accomplish something new or succeed in an area that you haven't tried before, I am happy for you but I am also always looking ahead and thinking, "What's next?"

I don't know what the future holds for any of us, but the consistent work ethic, dedication, and love that you nine girls have shown leaves me confident that the next five years will be just as incredible and memorable as the first five years. 지금은 소녀시대!!!!

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

Happy 5th anniversary,my beloved Girls' Generation!
Time really flies and i have been a fan for 3 years already.
You girls have been talking about staying together as a group forever and i'm really glad about that.
For as long as you exist,i'll be here to celebrate this special day for the many years to come.

Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours!

With ,
Zheming

Edited by zheming, 23 July 2012 - 11:08 AM.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

Twinkle탱 Twinkle탱
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Happy 5th Anniversary SNSD!!~

It's been 5 years already, time does fly, but we still have a long way to go. I just wanna be SONE enjoying your music, your variety skills, and your dorkiness.

Right now it's SNSD! From now on it's SNSD! Forever it's SNSD! 지금은 소녀시대! 앞으로도 소녀시대! 영원히 소녀시대!

I love you! Thank for being my SNSD! I will love you forever.

Edited by Twinkle?, 04 August 2012 - 07:11 AM.

MemoriesOfK MemoriesOfK
  • Donors
  • 1766 posts

Dear SNSD,

In the blink of an eye, it has been 8 long months since I’ve last seen you. Throughout these long periods of time, so many things have happened. From the production of Love Rain and Fashion King to the conclusion of promotions for TaeTiSeo, you ladies have outdone yourselves once again. From little nobodies whom the industry looked down upon during your debut to the Queens of K-Pop and the one group that has the ability to sweep charts upon the release of your albums, you’ve definitely come far. 5 years may seem like a short time to many of us, but to you ladies, it must have been a very long period of time. 24 hours a day will never be enough for you with your killer schedules but take pride in the fact that for all your efforts, you have been rewarded. Not just in terms of your earnings, but also in terms of the amount of fans that you’ve gained. Over a period of time, SONEs have been recognised as one of the strongest fandoms internationally and domestically. Our support for you ladies has created such an effect that we’re being recognised together and it’s really an amazing thing. After looking at all the things that you’ve done for us and done for society, we’ve learnt from you. SONEs are actively giving back to society, be it in terms of charity or the simplest act of a blood donation. Every single thing counts and I really believe that all the good karma accumulated is returning to you, SNSD. All the setbacks that you’ve suffered, all the obstacles that you’ve had to endure, these days are almost over. All of us are embarking on a new journey now, a journey Into The New World.

Years ago, 5 years would have been the maximum lifespan for an idol group. But in current times, it seems as though 5 years merely means the start of something new. Well, at least it seems this way for you ladies. The US and Europe market are yours for the taking, so move ahead and become the one group who can rightfully claim that you’re a global idol group, a global phenomenon.

One generation who called forth a new era, one generation who brought girl power into play, one generation who showed the world that girls can do things that even guys can’t do, that is who you are, Girls’ Generation, a Global Generation.

Have a very happy 5th Anniversary, Girls’ Generation!

This is.. My Korea, My Seoul.

Posted Image

Photo cr: Me

My Journey as a Moderator: 08/01/2013 - 12/09/2013 | 04/01/2016 -

This is the problem of all great revelations; their significance so often exceeds the frame of our comprehension.
We understand only after, always after. Not simply when it's too late, but precisely because it's too late.

Kupo? Kupo?
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Wow. I can't believe it's already been five years... It doesn't really seem like it, does it? (LETS AIM FOR 5 MORE!) Although I have not been a SONE for long, I want to say thank you. Thank you for everything. For being here, on this planet. For making great music. For making your SONE feel as if they can do anything, and giving us some awesome noonas/unnies to admire and look up to. God really has given us the gift of 9 beautiful angels. But that sounds so sappy right? >.< ㅎㅎㅎ
I'm so happy to be apart of the SONE family for almost a year now! I'm so happy that we have been together for even this long, and I hope we are together for even longer!
[ㅅㅇㅅ] I feel as if I have a second family..

You have opened my eyes to things beyond just my country, other cultures, people, languages. A whole world I had no idea existed if it wasn't for my nine unnies. You really have changed my life forever, once an SONE always a SONE. ㅋㅋㅋ

I hope you know that we are thankful for all the effort, participation, long days and time that you guys put into making us all happy. Please remember that you are very important to us, and you should always take care of your health before us! Let's continue to have a strong bond for a long time, okay?

Being a SONE was the best decision ever.
지금은 소녀시대 | 앞으로도 소녀시대 | 영원히 소녀시대

Happy 5th anniversary to our nine angels, Girls' Generation!

Jigeumeun So Nyuh Shi Dae! Apeurodo So Nyuh Shi Dae! YEONGWONHI SO NYUH SHI DAE.

Edited by Kupo?, 23 July 2012 - 04:37 AM.

sunny+hyomin = sunbyung = love.

sunny <3

hyoyeon <3 sooyoung <3

Posted Image

gogumaseomate gogumaseomate
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

This is late but still...

SNSD 5 years of Journey – together with you.

Girls Generation, 소녀시대, 少女時代, Soshi; My kids, gays, wives, girls, angels, MY EVERYTHING.

The Girls who are popular but don’t take their popularity for granted; they take it as a blessing. The Girls who are proud of their achievement, but they do not brag. Every time they make a comeback, it’s always like they’re making their debut stage. These 9 girls who became 1, they’re still like those girls who debuted as rookie, nothing changed much for the past 5 years, and they’re still dork as ever.
You’ve come a very long way and achieved so many things and I’m so proud like a mad mother. I don’t know how you made me love you and made me question my sexuality but still, all I know is how wonderful your personalities is, how imperfect you are individually but perfect together as 9 performing on stage. I may not be there along the way but I’ll be there with you forever. I love you gays, from the oldest to eldest, from the tallest to midgets, from the big things to small things, I can’t measure how much I love you, Taeyeon, Sunny, Jessica, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, Seohyun.
You’re not dreaming alone, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016… FOREVER, I wish. You make my life complete. Day by day, I love you :)

Right now, in the future, FOREVER, it’s always Girls Generation. My wish is forever ♥

koreandream koreandream
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

It has been five years already. Unfortunately, as much as I wish that I could have been there for all five years, I wasn't. But that doesn't matter because I will be here until the very end. Until the end of forever.

God knows how hard this journey was for all of you. From the start of debut until now, you've all grown so much. I don't think that any of you could have ever imagined how much success you have right now. It's unimaginable. Remember when you started off as interns for Korea's Elle Girl magazine? Now you're on the cover of that magazine and many other magazines. Remember when you were organizing clothes as an intern for Elle Girl and they were Dior clothes? Now you advertise for Dior. Remember when you bought some Vita500 drinks during Yoona's Manwon Happiness filming? Now your faces are on the bottles' labels. I can go on, but the point is that you've all grown so much. Much more than you could have ever imagined. We are so proud of you.

The world may change, but you girls will never change. To me and to us, you will always be the girls we've seen grow from 2007 until now. Through tears of sorrow and tears of joy, you've all stuck together as one. Despite what happens in five years or ten years, our love for you will never change. 소녀시대 will always be nine standing proud and strong.

For as long as 소녀시대 stands, 소원 will always be there with you. And that means until the end of forever. Thank you for becoming 소녀시대. Thank you for putting nine hearts together as one dream. I love you. We love you.

Happy 5th Anniversary, girls. Let's make it 5 x infinity years.

Jigeumeun 소녀시대. Apeurodo 소녀시대. Yongwonhi 소녀시대.

Edited by koreandream, 04 August 2012 - 11:21 AM.

born24oct born24oct
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

since this is 5th Anniversary or 1825 days with the unnie's I just wanna say thanks for come into my life, changed me to be a girl person who never give up of my dreams and make it happen. even though i'm not with you all from the start i'm promise to be with you (all the 9 unnie's) forever YONGWONHI NEOWAKKUMKKUGOSIPHDA!

Edited by TaeNy24, 22 July 2012 - 11:47 PM.

xReiya xReiya
  • Donors
  • 936 posts

Happy 5th Anniversary Girls' Generation!

Congratulations on your fifth year of debut! On this special day, I want to thank you, for being Girls' Generation. You've worked hard for many years before finally debuting five years ago, and I think life have not been easy even after debuting. It must be hard being an idol group. But thank you so much for giving everything since all those years ago. Because of that, Girls' Generation exists and because of you, I have learnt many things.

It is amazing how nine girls are able to achieve so much in five years. I think it all goes to your hard work and of course something no other group can beat - soshi bond. The bond between the nine of you is the strongest bond in this world. It is beautiful, and it is also one of the things that made me love this group so much. Also, although you've become successful, I'm glad that you girls remain humble and kind. Because I'm a fan of such an awesome group, I feel proud. Thank you all for being such good role models to everyone.

Though there are hundreds of kpop artists out there, for me, no one can beat these nine angels. You will always be my favourite and I promise, as long as Girls' Generation exist, I will be a SONE.

지금은 소녀시대
앞으로도 소녀시대
영원히 소녀시대
(Lets chant this together for the next 555 years! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ)

Hyoyeon<3<3 Hyoyeon<3<3
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

5 years ago you nine angels appeared in front of the world for the first time, not knowing what to expect and all you had was each other and your dream. Even though things got difficult you never gave up. There were many people that hated you but you never gave up. Now look at you. The number one girl group, pink oceans follow you wherever you go You live like sisters and together you are beginning to conquer the world. We sones will support you until the end. Right now it's Girls' Generation, tomorrow it's Girls' Generation, forever it's Girls' Generation. I may not have been a sone at the beginning but I'll be with you until the end. Each one of you is special to me and have inspired me in different ways.

To our kid leader Kim Taeyeon: I'm always reminded of those words you shouted over the bridge before your debut "I can do it!" those words taught me to face all events with no fear and confidence.

To our ice princess Jessica Jung: You may seem lazy but you're one of the most hardworking people. You seem cold on the outside but you have the warmest heart.

To our aegyo queen Lee Sunny: You are the cutest person I've ever seen. You're also my ideal type. I dream to see you do aegyo in person one day.

To our eye smile queen Tiffany Hwang: Your eye smile can melt even the coldest of hearts. You may have been misunderstood when you were first part of the group. You have gone through so many hard times but you still kept going.

To our dancing queen Kim Hyoyeon: Never before have I seen anyone dance quite like you. Even though you lost in DWTS you'll still be the dancing queen to all sones.

To our black pearl Kwon Yuri: To me you are the sexiest member. It amazes me how you can be so sexy but also so dorky.

To our shikshin Choi Sooyoung: You eat so much and yet you have such a beautiful figure. You're also very funny and dorky.

To our deer YoonA: You're the face of Girls' Generation but you never took the spotlight from the other members and you're very beautiful and an excellent actress.

To our maknae Seohyun: You take good care of your eonnies and make sure to stay healthy and remind them to keep their seatbelts on.

All nine of you are inspirations to me. You nine angels make my life complete. saranghaeyo. Because of you I'm much more humble, hardworking, and confident. Thank you for existing my nine angels. Let's keep Girls' Generation together for at least 9 more years.

calista calista
  • Donors
  • 101 posts

기념일 축하합니다! WOW in a blink of an eye, 5 years has past. It has also been a month+ since I last saw you all.

And also 8months+ since I last saw you in Singapore. However through these periods, you've shown us more than

enough to satisy our daily soshi dose. From the individual members drama like fashion king, wild romance, love rain

and also sooyoung's upcoming drama The 3rd Hospital which definitely all sones are anticipating for! Not forgetting

TaeTiSeo who came sweeping all the music charts not only in Korea but also overseas, this just shows how popular

SNSD has gotten over the past 5 years. We sones would like you all to know no matter what, be it setbacks you encounter

or happy days SONES will always be by your side, We're together on this never ending journey!

Happy a very Happy 5th Anniversary Girls Generation! SONES will always love you!

Posted Image
If you're still Girls' Generation in your next life, I'll still be a SONE

my artworks

Follow me, @ffanypack on Twitter!

^9♥0♥22 ^9♥0♥22
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

기념일 축하합니다~ Just like this, 5 years have already passed, huh? Thank you for another year together as 9! ^-^

It’s already been 5 years since 9 소녀들 with such hardworking mindsets and beautiful hearts gathered together under the name of 소녀시대. And every day since I was lucky enough to realize how much of blessing you 9 are to me, you’ve been in my prayers. I pray for your happiness, for your safety and good health.

For 9 special people to come together, form the strongest bond, and work hard to make music that inspire and make people so happy, I think of it as a blessing. :)

I’m so grateful to be a SONE. Even though you don’t know me personally, even though I doubt we’ll ever meet, I am thankful that you’ve influenced my life so positively. :D

Thank you for making me happy, for inspiring me, for motivating me to work hard like you do. Thank you for being so strong and hardworking, for going through this journey with us SONEs. Please remember we’ll support and love you – always.

Posted Image

지금은 소녀시대!
앞으로도 소녀시대!
영원히 소녀시대!
소녀시대 사랑합니다~!

Edited by ^9?0?22, 23 July 2012 - 02:22 AM.

Posted Image

"We're nothing without nine."

Spadow Spadow
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Girls' Generation,
You 9 Girls have changed my life. From when feeling down and making me happy(:
I really appreciate the way you work so hard. It really makes me feel happy. From Taeyeon to Seohyun
You girls have many different personalities and looks. Each nine of you girls really make everyone proud. Please continue to work hard! I really love you all(: you also have made me change a lot. I am glad I SONE. Taeyeon, Tiffany, Seohyun, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Jessica, Sunny and Yoona. You are the best. SNSD FIGHTHING! I WILL FOREVER BE A FAN!
RIGHT NOW IT'S GIRL'S GENERATION!

Posted Image

青春♡ 青春♡
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Dear SNSD,

Happy 5th anniversary
Although I wasn't there when you debuted, I'm still proud being a fan of 1 year++
You taught me a lot of things, changed my perspective
Hope you stay together forever
Stay healthy, pretty and strong
I love you

Once again congrats

I'm not good expressing myself so I can't make a wall of text
Sorry...

Edited by hexaaqua, 06 August 2012 - 02:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  Keitaro88 (11:07:33 AM) >_> https://x.com/momosb...4269526388?s=20
@  alice_ot12 (11:24:10 AM) taeyeon is so pretty