• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic
AnimeFan91 AnimeFan91
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

wow i really like the lyrics to this song
really shows how the paparazzi (and i'm sure the crazy stalker fans too) affect their lives leading them to have zero privacy.. unable to go anywhere without the flashing of cameras and having all eyes on them...

i really like the lines:

"Ever since the rumors sparked into gossip
My name is burning and on fire!"

"the more damage the more it sells"

"Even though I only want to love and be loved
Any kind of love is tainted love
I can't resist, I can't resist at all.
I don’t even have free time to make a fuss"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

♥ Lost in TaeNy Land ♥ ♥ SNSD + SONE = 1 ♥ Kim2Yeon Bias ♥

♥'If in the next life you are Girls' Generation, in the next life I will be S♥NE' ♥

pletchergcl pletchergcl
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

http://www.salesiano...viewstory/97330
http://mytuki.com/bl...e-loop-about-sh
http://blog.oneswide...o.html#comments
http://articletnt.in...t-time-to-shox/
http://love4date.com...hp?postId=12198

Bomiheko Bomiheko
  • Donors
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

I love this song!~ Thank you for all the hard work subbers!! This song pretty much shows SNSD in a higher light now, giving us a glimpse of what "paparazzi" is like for stars.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageSoojung & Tiffany <3

wiwin wiwin
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

Waa tons of English XD

Thank you~!

such short lines, need interpretation to get the meaning I guess
I'm completely an eighter 8D
Posted Image

kozai kozai
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

wo at last the lyrics+translations has been made!! yaaaayyy
even i still dont get the meaning of "punkadelic" hehe :question:
by the way the subbed PV also released too, but i wonder why its not yet categorized in SoshiSubs download nor video download
Pinksubs FTW!!

jake123 jake123
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Great song, great lyrics. It must have been quite ''hard'' to translate, the best translation i've seen!

Thanks!!! :D

=

CronoDroid CronoDroid
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Hey guys, since I have a lot of free time and I've taken way too many English and Literature classes, I decided to interpret the lyrics of this song. I think it has by far the most meaning out of any SNSD song so far, because it encapsulates their careers and existence. Anyway, enjoy:

Looking this way baby while on the phone ring ring
Acting natural to the point where it's unnatural

1. Always being aware of the camera, even while having a private conversation. They like the attention?

2. The public wants to see idols act naturally, showing off their real personalities. But their public persona is not their true self, so they act to the point where it now seems fake. Also, if you pretend to be someone for a long time, you actually start to become that person. See: Krystal, Jessica, Gyuri

I already noticed that you are a paparazzi
I’ll give you the smile you want a-hahaha

1. The subject of the song. Again, presenting an image to the public.

Every night is a hide and seek
The twinkling star of the satellite

1. Hide and seek implies a game. While they want to hide from the press, the real fun is actually being discovered. Attention whoring again.

2. Not sure what they mean by satellite, but obviously SNSD are the twinkling stars. Satellite could imply that they’re remote and distant, viewed by the public from afar. The paparazzi are meant to reveal them.

Don't you want a better article?
Let’s get along because aren’t we friends?

1. While they want to avoid scandals, there is a part of them that desires the fame and attention. Idols and paparazzi have a mutually destructive AND beneficial relationship.

2. Again, they exist in unity. The Paparazzi needs the idols to deliver gossip, but try hard to expose scandals and ruin idol’s reputations to generate a hotter story. At the same time, idols want privacy, but they also want fame. Stories can make them famous. It’s a fine balance.

Life is a party
From the garage to the suite room

1. Rather than dissect the meaning, the chorus and indeed the entire song has two currents running through it. A glossy, beautiful exterior and a filthy, base undertone. You can see this in the contrast between the polished, highly produced vocals and the self-aware and cynical lyrics. SNSD were the perfect choice for this song because while their vocals always sound pristine, it deliberately contrasts with the dirty beat and dissonant melody. There is a bit of a dubstep influence in the music, and we all know how filthy that is.

2. Life is a party: Well, they want to have fun, but parties are very often messy affairs. They can produce those delicious scandals that everybody loves. The entire idol existence is a party, with all the positives and negatives.

3. Garage conjures an image of dirtiness (both positive and negative connotation). Garage party? The garage where they practiced as young women before being swept up in the glamorous world of celebrity?

4. SNSD seem to be obsessed with automobiles in Japan. Mr Taxi? Bad Girl? A garage is where you house the cars that lead to those beautiful car chases, see below. It is both literally and symbolically their origin. The garage that the paparazzi start from to chase them down and bring them the fame they crave.

5. Suite room is obviously the summit of their fame and success. A suite party creates an image of opulence, they have come a long way since their days training in a garage but there remains that trace of a sordid past.

6. Many celebrities have had dirty ordeals in hotel rooms.

You are always Boom Boom Boom!
A flashy car chase, flowers all around

1. Highlighting the “camera sound” in the song: It actually sounds more like a gun, but they pose like a camera. The sound symbolises the camera both as an instrument of fame and an instrument of destruction. It can either bring popularity or destroy an idol’s career. The gun also symbolises the ultimately destructive nature of celebrity, you have to harm yourself to get ahead.

2. The paparazzi are this gun/camera. They both make the popularity of the idol explode, but the explosion hurts them too.

3. Alludes to Princess Diana’s run in with the paparazzi. Also translated as “beautiful car chase” by some sources. The car chase is thrilling but dangerous, and resulted in Di’s death, but after the incident, her fame skyrocketed. Again, calls back to the mutually destructive/beneficial relationship between an idol and the paparazzi. An idol’s life is fast but short. The public can’t help but watch the accident and the destructive aftermath, it’s dirty but beautiful.

4. Again the contrasting tones of the song: flowers are beautiful and admirers throw roses to the idol when they perform. But flowers are also given out and used during funerals. Their outfits highlight this, a combination of black and red. Black representing death/ignominy, red passion/fame/whatever.

You are drawn to me Boom Boom Boom!
Love cannot be attached with a price

1. Obviously, the paparazzi need the idols to survive and thrive.

2. A hint of disdain for the paparazzi. They love each other, but the price is often heavy.

The flash that tore up the darkness rips apart the money!
Life is a party
Whether asleep or awake, it’s Boom Boom Boom!

1. The camera flash…or the muzzle flash of a gun? It brought them fame, but it also brings destruction. Idols like to live in darkness, but the darkness is also bad. The flash clears it away and brings them fame…fame they want.

2. Eventually, the money is ripped apart. The idol is destroyed, ending a source of money for the press, and the career of the idol. Self destruction theme.

While hiding, the scene you want to see ulalala
That girl is also acting seriously lachachala
Even that dandy guy says Mama! Mama! at home
The thrill of a secret kiss is exciting

1. Contrasting ideas: public view vs. private life.

2. The juiciest stories are also the most secretive ones. The idol wants to remain hidden, but knows the press want this story.

3. The idol is acting (playful) seriously. They know it’s a game, the seriousness is a façade.

4. A classy man reverts into a childlike/baby form at home, longing for a family life he never experienced. Idols start young, the business becomes their entire existence. Sexual/Oedipal undertone? Public image vs. Private life again.

5. The idol enjoys this. Normal people just kiss, but an idol kiss in secret is just that much more pleasurable. They decry their fame in the first three lines of this section, but realize that they like it.

Punkadelic Crazy Night
The searching light of a pulsing star
Not caring about the bad boy and bad girl
"Dance instead of being led" is [my] style

1. Just Engrish.

2. The star’s light attracts attention, but they produce this light. They WANT the attention.

3. The third line has been translated differently, either this one or “bad boy, bad girl, I don’t care.” Two interpretations: The idol doesn’t care who gives them the attention, gay subtext (that’s SNSD). They want either, deliciously filthy. The paparazzi/public doesn’t care how bad they are, badder sells better.

4. Calling back to the “life is a party” line. Sometimes, you want to forget all the ******** and just party. They want the freedom to do what they want, but this contrasts with their need for the paparazzi.

Life is a party
The more damage the more it sells
If you find me, it's the last Boom Boom Boom!

1. They know, the bigger the scandal, the greater the attention. Not only does the paparazzi sell better, the idol can sell themselves better.

2. But if the paparazzi uncover the scandal, it will end both of them. Self destruction – major part of the fame.

End of the darkness, the lurking shadows
I'll stay ahead of it, Boom Boom Boom!

1. The scandal will reveal them forever, they’ll become a part of celebrity history. Either the paparazzi are the shadows ready to pounce on the idols…OR, the lurking shadows are the other would-be celebrities waiting for SNSD’s destruction to take their place. How…insidious.

Ever since the rumors sparked into gossip
My name is burning and on fire!

1. Self destruction theme again. It only takes a bit of tinder to start a firestorm of attention.

Even though I only want to love and be loved
Any kind of love is tainted love
I can't resist, I can't resist at all.

1. Just read the lyrics for the song “Tainted Love.” Pretty much everything that song encapsulated in this line. “Once I ran to you…now I run from you. The tainted love you’ve given, I give you all a boy could give you, take my tears and that’s not nearly all!” They want the love, but it drives them away. They can’t help but want it either, it’s self destructive.

I don’t even have free time to make a fuss
Even over there, even over here, Boom Boom Boom!

1. How deliciously ironic. Whoever wrote this song had a sense of humor for sure, everything above describes SNSD so perfectly, and this line is just perfect. They were handed this song and forced to sing it, and they sing about how little time they have. Heh.

2. Is it they don’t have time to make a fuss…or they don’t want to because they enjoy the attention?

3. The good old “we’re awesome” line. No matter where they are, they’re always a hot topic.

The more I’m seen the more I shine, so
Come on, Friends look and come here ratata

1. Realization: After all their complaining and self-aware criticism of the idol life, they know that all the attention they receive is what they need to be the stars they want to be.

2. Tiffany’s “ra ta ta”, imitating a burst from a gun?

3. Friends: The paparazzi and the public are their friends. They give each other what each other wants.

Life is a party
You are always Boom Boom Boom!
A flashy car chase, flowers all around
You are drawn to me Boom Boom Boom!
Until the single tear that fell now
changes into a shining diamond
Life is a party
Whether asleep or awake, it’s Boom Boom Boom!

1. One last tear as they reflect on their position as idols. They cry for their misfortune, but it turns into something shiny and valuable. Their pain being forged into fame and fortune. Bitingly ironic.

Punkadelic15 Punkadelic15
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

'Punkadelic Crazy Night...' will always be my favorite line. :D <3 hahaha! i love this song so much :)
SNSD|Yuri|Sooyoung|Hyoyeon|Seohyun|Jessica|Tiffany|Sunny|Taeyeon&Yoona

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
©tifflebear for my pretty banners <3 | tumblr | YoonTaeng | YoonYul | YoonFany| The Royal Family <3

melcfan4eva melcfan4eva
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

Thank you! :)
I love Melanie C :wub:

virgogal virgogal
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

thank you for this, it's finally done!! ^^ the translations made me think of paparazzis as stalkers.

SicaBabyJung SicaBabyJung
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

thank you for sharing this translation ... really love this song!!! but,..... still curious with the early part "with the girls" or "we're the girls" ???

SharonK SharonK
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for the translation ! I love this line:

Love cannot be attached with a price

I'm officially addicted to this song !

signaturesoshified.jpg

Even if the world ends, I will believe in your smiling face for eternity

lostheroes lostheroes
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

thank you very much for the translation ^^,

Posted Image

tahhehe tahhehe
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

yoona's smile in the mv is totally jjang!!

Monday Monday
  • Donors
  • 1640 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

Thanks for translating!!!! The lyrics are real!! If they make a korean ver. I think the lyrics have the 'sasaeng' word. Maybe Singing in the rain = doing activities (singing) even though they 'surrounded' (in the) by paparazzi (rain).

lazershock lazershock
  • Donors
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

I really like seohyun in this song,
Thanks for the translations!

winkeus winkeus
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

yehey! thanks for the lyrics and translation. i've been looking for this and i found it finally! thanks again :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

tumblr/twitter

{banner cr: TammyTheSunny}

Featherstone Featherstone
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

Thank you for the lyrics, can't wait to the learn the song. I'm in love with the Boom Boom Boom! :bunny:
Posted Image Posted Image

cr. tifflebear

YoonHyun4ever YoonHyun4ever
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

The lyrics are all put tofether so nicely. I finally understand the song now ^^
Thanks for the translations.

FByr6iA.jpg

rickzzindra rickzzindra
  • Soshified