Photo

[OTHERS] Fan letter from the 1year anniversaryA letter from a fan to SNSD read outloud during anniv meeting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic
dongie dongie
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

First of all, this is a fan letter someone wrote and read at the 1 year anniversary meeting. Keep in mind that my translation are not perfect.
I wanted to keep the emotions and the meaning because it is very touching so instead of changing the sentence to fit English grammar, i kept the korean format so even if its kinda hard to understand, bear with me.

NOTE: the path/road he talks about is SNSD's road to achieving their dreams.
"We" is what hes calling himself and all the fans. Sometimes it also includes SNSD.
gifts/presents mean that he feels that SNSD is a gift/present to his life.
"One" refers to the official fan club name So One.

2007년 8월 5일. 무더웠던 여름 날.
2007 August 5th. A very hot summer day.

그 날의 날씨가 어땠는지, 그 날은 어떤 음식을 먹었는지, 그 날은 어떤 일이 있었는지 아무것도 기억에 남아있지 않습니다.
I forgot what the weather was like that day, what i ate, and what happened that day.

하지만 한 가지, 여전히 조금의 잊혀 짐도 없이 제 기억 속에 남아있는 일이 있습니다.
But there is one thing that I remember as clear as day.

그 것은 바로, 9명의 소녀들로 이루어진 소녀시대라는 그룹. 그 그룹이 제 앞에, 그리고 세상 앞에 눈부시게 나타났던 바로 그 일입니다.
That is the group of 9 So-Nyuhs called So-Nyuh-Shi-Dae. It is the appearance of the group before my eyes, and before the world.

처음에는 또 하나의 여자 아이돌 그룹이 나왔구나, 라고만 생각했었습니다.
At first, I thought it was the debut of another girl idol group.

비슷해 보이는 외모와 어린 나이를 가진 9명의 여자아이들이 소녀시대라는 이름을 가지고 가수의 길을 시작했구나, 라고만 생각했었습니다.
I thought girls of the same age and apperance are starting their music career with the name of So-Nyuh-Shi-Dae.

그러던 어느 날이었을까요. 우연찮게 무대에서 노래를 부르는 소녀시대를 보게 되었습니다.
A few days later, I saw the group called SNSD perform on a stage.

그리고 그 날 이후로, 저는 소녀시대라는 그룹을 한 없이 사랑하게 되었습니다.
And after that day, I fell in love with the group SNSD.

꽤나 힘들어 보이는 안무를 모두 소화해내면서도 흔들림 없이 라이브를 해내는 9명의 모습을 보게 되었던 순간, 그 순간의 기분을 지금도 표현해내기 힘들만큼 그녀들의 모습은 너무나 멋있어 보였습니다.
I still can't explain the emotions and awe I felt watching them singing live perfectly while dancing without flaws.

예쁘장한 외모만 믿고서 나왔다고 생각했던 그 아이돌 그룹이, 얼마나 실력으로 똘똘 뭉쳐진 그룹이었는지 얼마나 많은 노력을 하고 세상 앞에 나선 것이었는지 그제야 깨달았던 것입니다.
I only realized then, that this group is full of skills and has worked very hard to appear in front of everyone.

어린 나이임에도 불구하고, 꿈을 이루기 위해 많은 땀과 눈물을 흘렸을 9명을 떠올리니 스스로가 부끄러워지기도 했습니다.
Thinking of the young girls shedding tears and sweat to achieve their goals, makes me feel embarrassed at myself.

우리는 그녀들을 알고 있지만 알고 있지 못합니다. 우리가 알고 있는 그녀들의 모습은 브라운관에 비추어지는 모습이나, 공연장에서 비추어지는 모습이 전부입니다.
We think we know them, but we don't. All we know about SNSD are their images in their performances.

그녀들이 어느 때에 어떠한 생각을 하고 있는지, 어느 때에 웃고 있는지, 어느 때에 울고 있는지 잘 알고 있지 못합니다. 그 것은 그녀들 역시 마찬가지 일 것입니다.
We don't know what they are thinking about, when they are laughing, or when they are crying. This is probably true for the girls as well.

그녀들도 우리를 알고 있지만 알고 있지 못합니다. 하지만, 그럼에도 불구하고 우리는 하나라는 이름 안에 살아가고 있습니다.
They don't know who we are. But, despite that, we are living under the name "One."

모든 것을 알지 못하여도 하나라는 이름 안에 살아갈 수 있게 해주는 힘. 사랑이라는 커다란 힘이 그녀들과 우리 사이에 너무나 커다랗게 자리 잡고 있기 때문입니다.
The power for us, who don't know everything about each other, to live under one name. The power of love is keeping us (the fans) and SNSD together.

아이 같은 외모이지만 누구보다 든든한 모습으로 소녀시대를 이끌어나가는 꼬꼬마리더 태연. 환한 웃음으로 지친 우리들의 일상에 휴식이라는 선물을 주는 보석보다 빛나는 티파니.
A dependable leader with a baby-face, "Ggo-Ggo-Ma Leader" Taeyeon. The person who gives gifts called rest to those that are tired of life with her bright smile, Brighter Than Gems Tiffany.

겉으로는 한 없이 차가워 보이지만 알고 보면 그 누구보다 따뜻한 마음을 가지고 있는 얼음공주 제시카. 밝고 명랑한 성격으로 멤버들에게 또 우리들에게 큰 웃음을 전해주는 흑진주 유리.
Although appearance looks cold, she has the warmest heart, Ice Princess Jessica. The person who puts smiles on the members' faces as well as those of fans' with her bright personality, Black Pearl Yuri.

커다란 키만큼이나 많은 끼를 가지고 있는 명랑공주 수영. 소녀시대의 활력소라는 이름답게 귀여운 애교로 우리에게 활력을 주는 활력소 써니. 춤을 추고 있는 모습이 너무나 아름다운 진정한 춤꾼 효연.
The person who has as much skills as her height, Cheerful Princess Sooyoung. As SNSD's energy, she gives us energy with her "aegyo," Energy Pill Sunny. Her dancing is truely beautiful, Dancing Queen Hyoyeon.

사슴이라는 별명답게 맑은 눈과 고운 심성을 가지고 있는 꽃사슴 윤아. 가장 어린 나이임에도 불구하고 어른스러운 생각으로 쉬지 않고 노력하는 귀여운 막내 서현.
Fitting the nickname deer, she has clear eyes and kind heart, Flower Deer Yoona. Although the youngest in the group, she is mature, and never rests, Cute Maknae Seohyun.

바로 이 아홉 명의 소녀들이, 사랑이라는 힘으로 우리들과 하나라는 이름 안에 살아가고 있는 소중한 사람들입니다.
These nine girls are the precious ones living together with us under the name "One."

그녀들은 우리에게 참 많은 것을 선물해 주었습니다. 힘들고 지칠 때 쉬어갈 수 있는 안식처를 마련해주었고, 밝게 웃는 모습을 보며 함께 웃을 수 있는 행복을 주었습니다.
They gave us a lot. They provided us a place to rest when we were tired, and happiness with their smiling faces.

공부가 마음대로 되지 않을 때, 하고 있는 일이 잘 풀리지 않을 때 우리는 그녀들을 보며 희망을 얻었고 그 희망으로 다시 힘을 낼 수 있었습니다. 무엇보다 세상을 살아갈 수 있는 가장 커다란 힘인 사랑을 선물해주었습니다.
When studies weren't going well, when work wasn't going well, we looked to the girls and found hope and with that hope, we were able to continue working. They gave us love, the power to live life in this world.

어떻게 돌려주어야 할 지 알 수 없을 만큼, 그녀들은 너무나 소중한 것들을 우리에게 선물해주었습니다.
They gave us precious gifts, to the point that we don't know how to return the favor.

우리는 그녀들을 믿습니다.
We believe in them.

한 걸음, 한 걸음씩 성장해나가 가장 높은 곳에서 반짝이고 있을 그녀들을 우리는 믿습니다. 아마 그 길은 결코 쉽지 않은 길이겠지요. 수많은 고통과 아픔이 따를 것이고 그만큼 많은 눈물을 흘리게 될 것입니다.
We believe in the girls that will take one step by one step and be shining at the top. It probably won't be easy. There will be pain, and hurt, and there will be tears shed as well.

하지만 아무리 그렇다 해도 그녀들은 절대 포기하지 않을 것이라 믿습니다. 그 어떤 험난한 장애들이 그녀들의 앞을 가로막는다 하여도, 처음 부푼 마음으로 소중히 간직했던 그 꿈들과, 그 어느 곳에서라도 자신들을 응원하고 있을 우리의 사랑을 잊지 않고 조금씩 가장 높은 곳을 향해 걸어 나갈 것이라 조금의 의심도 없이 믿고 또 믿을 것입니다.
But I believe that no matter the circumstances, SNSD will never give up. I believe with no doubt that no matter what obstacles are in their way, they will keep their dreams, they'll keep their fans who will be supporting them from everywhere in the world and move towards the top.

그 날까지 우리가 해줄 수 있는 가장 큰 선물은, 변하지 않는 사랑으로 그 장애들을 함께 막아내어 주는 것이라는 것 역시 잊지 않고 있을 것입니다.
Until then, the best present we can give SNSD is to block all obstacles with unchanging love.

그 누구보다 소중하고 소중한 아홉 명의 소녀들.
The very, very precious nine So-Nyuhs.

우리가 바라는 것은 많지 않습니다. 혹시라도 가장 높은 곳에서 반짝거리지 못한다 하여도 그 시간동안 흘렸던 땀과 눈물, 그 것만으로도 충분히 반짝거릴 수 있기에 우리는 괜찮습니다.
We do not want that much from you. Even if you cant shine at the top, you will always shine with your sweat and your tears that you shed while trying to get to the top.

우리가 진실로 바라는 것은, 아홉 명 모두 아프지 않고 슬퍼하지 않고 행복하게 웃으면서 살아가는 것입니다.
What we really want is that all nine of you are not sick, nor sad, and live with smiles happily.

그 행복한 모습을 지켜보며 우리 역시 행복할 수 있도록, 한 순간도 빠짐없이 행복하게 지낼 수 있는 것이 우리가 바라는 오직 한가지입니다.
Watching you being happy, and live happily without losing a second to sadness, is the one and only thing we want.

이제 1년이 흘렀습니다. 그리고 앞으로 그녀들이 가야할 길은 많이 남아있습니다. 이제부터 우리는, 그녀들에게 받았던 소중한 선물들에 대한 보답으로 그 길을 함께 걸어 가주려 합니다.
One year has passed. And there is a long way to go for SNSD. From now, we plan to be together with them all the time in return for their precious gifts.

그녀들이 우리에게 해주었던 것처럼 힘들고 지칠 때, 포기하고 싶고 울고 싶을 때, 언제든지 편안하게 쉬어갈 수 있는 따뜻한 안식처가 되어주려 합니다.
Just like what the girls meant to us, a place for rest, we want to be the place THEY go to when its hard, tiring and they feel like giving up.

그녀들이 주었던 넘치는 사랑들, 그 사랑을 더 큰 사랑으로 보답하려 합니다. 그리고 그 길의 끝에서, 그녀들과 함께 웃음 지으려 합니다.
The unbelievable amount of love they gave us, we plan to repay them with even greater love. And at the end of the path, we plan to smile together with SNSD.

그 날까지, 처음 시작했을 때 가졌던 그 마음 그대로 매순간 최선을 다하는 소녀시대가 되어주세요. 항상 겸손한 마음과 노력하는 모습으로 우리와 함께 웃고 있을 그 곳까지 포기하지 말고 걸어 가주세요.
Until then, continue to be the SNSD that worked hard and did the best they can in a given situation. Keep walking towards the top by working hard.

그 길엔, 언제나 우리가 함께 하고 있다는 것 역시 잊지 말아주세요.
Also don't forget that we are there with you on that path.

꿈을 향한 날갯짓을 시작한 지 1년이 된 오늘을 진심으로 축하합니다. 우리들과 하나라는 이름으로 함께 할 수 있게 된 오늘을 진심으로 축하합니다.
I congratulate you with my entire heart on the one year anniversary of your flight toward your dreams. I bless this day, the day we become one.

1년 전 눈부시게 우리 곁으로 다가왔던 그 순간부터, 단 한 순간도 9명 모두가 소중하지 않았던 적이 없었습니다. 사랑합니다. 우리 삶의 가장 큰 선물, 소녀시대.
Ever since you appeared one year ago, there hasn't been a second when the nine of you weren't precious. We Love You. The greatest gift/present of our lives, So-Nyuh-Shi-Dae.

2008년 8월 2일.
2008, August Second.

그 누구보다 사랑하는 소녀시대에게 태니준
To SNSD, whom I love the most, 태니준

translations by FanyLove@soshified.com/forums

Posted ImagePosted Image

banner by monica and jennie

Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:35 PM

This wasn't a letter addressed to me, but I too cried.
It was simple, but perfect. We will continue to believe and never give up.
Others might not know how hard you girls work to be the So Nyuh Shi Dae, that you've become, but We (as in the fans) will never forget about the tears/sweats and long hours spent, not after 1 year, not after 5 years, nor 10, we will always remember. We will always be one.

twitter: http://twitter.com/soyuri
Global Generation

Save yourself time and check the FAQs before PM-ing me.

raptorclans raptorclans
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

That is just so awfully touching... so meaningful, straight from the heart... it's like something I'd wanna say to the girls, and I'm glad they read it out to them. It caused me tears, and I believe the same happened to the girls... It has practically everything covered well. Well done indeed... S♥NE together forever!

Thanks for the Translation! :)

Posted Image
Right now, it's S♥NE~!

Wenting Wenting
  • Donors
  • 3652 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

gosh T_T

there are a couple of very strong sentences >_<....
this letter makes me cry.. aish

Posted Image
200410 04:56AM.100310 17:57PM.290909 00:45AM

rayrain rayrain
  • Donors
  • 502 posts

Oh wow. That was well written. Such emotional and passionate message that was clearly expressed much better than I could ever muster. The letter pretty much hits it home. I'm sure many fans feels exactly the same. It was simple yet it evokes an emotion to all of us for we all know what the author meant when they wrote it.

Thank you for translating this letter. It's nice to see fan letters like this.
Very touching.

~ We're Nothing Without 9 ~

lyly_flower2000 lyly_flower2000
  • Media
  • 2784 posts

ok seriously that fanletter is freaking emotional, what he wrote also what I wanted to say.
Soshi has been bringing to us tons very precious and unforgettable moments since their debut until now and forever.
and yes So-Nyuh-Shi-Dae is one of the greatest gifts that I have ever found in my life.
now I know why the girls could not control their tear in their debut party.
Thanks for translating this touching fanletter.

Posted Image
credit to Wenting

Ashley Ashley
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

I totally love Dong for translating this. This letter is so incredibly sweet and touching. Everything he/she said was on point, they are the greatest presents of our lives. We are one ~

Posted Image
All grown up.

octi-eww octi-eww
  • Donors
  • 2514 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

Wow, I bet when the letter was read to the people and SNSD, it must have been such a powerful moment.
I really got chills and started tearing a bit when I read that letter. I'm glad that S♥ne and SNSD can share that bond and continue supporting each other with love.

Thank you so much for translating.

Posted Image Posted Image
beyond infinity = beyond 9 ♥

bubble_tea bubble_tea
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

Wah, this is a wonderful wonderful letter. This definitely reflects how I feel.
I truly believe that SNSD are gifts and them smiling and being happy makes
me feel happy as well. They have gone through a lot to achieve where they
are at today.

Very touching indeed. Let us all be One and support Soshi forever !

Posted Image

x1tzc1ndy x1tzc1ndy
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

This was certaintly a very touching letter. All of these sentences are filled with passion and love for the girls, a perfect fan letter. So Nyuh Shi Dae does provide us with a place to rest and a place to give us happiness and I agree that in return, us fans, will give them a place to feel safe and comforatable in. The letter hits the spot with every fans emotions and feelings towards the girls.
We stand as One.

Thank you for translating and great job on it too!

Edited by x1tzc1ndy, 06 August 2008 - 07:52 PM.

Taessica Taessica
  • Donors
  • 1053 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:53 PM

Wow, I can not imagine how much time and effort was put into this letter.
It expressed all the important points in an effective way, it seems that this person put a lot of thought and emotions into this, to let the girls know how much we, fans, value their hardwork and the fact that even though we don't know them directly they are still really important to us. I'm glad the girls could hear this one, because it says what they are to us perfectly.

minjeong minjeong
  • Donors
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

omg, this letter sure was touching, emotional and sweet.. T_T.. i teared up from reading this..
no wonder they all bawled their eyes out..

yes, we don't expect that much from you girls.. we just want you to be always happy and never give up and always show your bright and happy side to us.. although it's hard for you guys to be happy all the time, but we (fans) will always be there with you forever! whenever you guys are happy, sad, upset, mad, etc. rely on us like how we always rely on you guys.. we will always protect you guys no matter what! we truely appreciate everything you guys have done, and it's our turn to show you our thanks.. 소원, 영원히 함께 가자! aja aja fighting~

Posted Image

지금은 소녀시대! 앞으로도 소녀시대! 영원히 소녀시대!

S♡NE = 소원.."우리아홉명의소녀들 그리고 소녀시대를 외쳐주시는 팬분들은 하나다" -Yuri-

Taeyeon.Jessica.Sunny.Tiffany.Hyoyeon.Yuri.Sooyoung.Yoona.Seohyun.

Holly Holly
  • Donors
  • 2411 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

No wonder Taeyeon had to shed some tears. This letter was touching to say the least. Gah, if I were there at the meeting, I don't think I could have kept a straight face. As loyal fans, we've seen what our girls have gone through. It just fuels us that much more to support them til the end.

S♥NE has that much more meaning to me after this fan letter. Props to the fan for this wonderful, meaningful and heartfelt letter.
<p style="text-align: center">"%20alt=<br/>
"%20alt=</p>

rebt rebt
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

wow...just simply amazing
that letter has so much emotion and thought put into it
can't believe that a year has passed by since soshi's debut....
looking back at the past year, soshi has really grown and matured a lot
despite all the hardships they went through, the fans will always be supportive
hwaiting soshi~

lol, forgot to say thanks for translating the fan letter FanyLove

Edited by rebt, 06 August 2008 - 08:04 PM.

collaboration; the start of revolution
my decision; the start of revolution

--epik high

sekshi sekshi
  • ♬Radio DJ
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

this person put into words what most of us feel,
taking all those emotions and coverting it into a fanletter.
props to the writer for a powerful and touching message.

and thanks to fanylove for translating

boxclub boxclub
  • Donors
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

that is a beautifully written (and beautifully translated) letter.. thanks ^^;
i hope snsd (and all of their fans *cough* especially soy *cough*) are always encouraged and always heartened through reading this letter. although its long, it encapsulates but a fraction of the love and support that all their fans have for them.

영원히 소녀시대

--영원한 것은 없다--

tokio_II tokio_II
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

thanks for translating
this letter..really great !! and full of emotion !!
SNSD, us fan is one !!
no matter wat would happen, we will b rite here and support SNSD foreverrr!!!

Jwyl93 Jwyl93
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

I think this person perfectly wrote out what we all feel. I really admire this fan, I don't think, in my whole life, would I ever be ale to write something as heartwarmimg as this =]

He described everything so perfectly =] It's even more heartwarming since we all know that our girls listened and probably felt the same emotions we did while listening to this letter. If I could go to Korea, I think I would track down this fan first and give him a hug XD... Then I'll go stalk people XD -pulls out a 3 metre long list-

Kero_kEiro Kero_kEiro
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1936 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

simply beautiful....
he expressed what fans felt about the girls throughly...
simple yet very sweet and touching...
i feel so emotional yet happy now..lolx...
this fan's thoughts seem like what any other fans would say...but he/she expressed it way better...
S♡NE forever~!

thanks for translating this
its really beautiful ^^

follow Jessi's heart
Posted Image
The way 9 of you girls tattooed nothing but smiles and laughter into our hearts, we wish to give you back the same amount if not more. Stay strong, stay healthy, stay happy, stay together always. That’s all your S♡NEs would ever want.

yenieu yenieu
  • Donors
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

omg this letter was so emotional and touching, it also makes me cry.
and yeah we will to be the place You go to when its hard, tiring and You feel like giving up. You gave us love, the power to live life in this world. You're very precious nine So-Nyuhs, the greatest gifts of my life. Let's continue stay together forever under the name " One".

thanks for translating this beautiful letter...XD

지금은 소녀시대-앞으로도 소녀시대-영원히 소녀시대

Posted Image

ღ♥ 나 소원이 있죠 나의 사랑 영원하게 해줘요ღ♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah