Photo

[INTERVIEW] Everything about Seohyun5.4.11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic
오이사랑싴 오이사랑싴
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:14 AM

it's similar to what I translated yesterday.
But, it's different content, and it was much longer :whistle:
imo, it's a great article. She thinks really deeply, and has definitely matured with her thinking. :thumbup:

----------------------------------------------

A day that spring flowers were swaying by wind, I met Seohyun, who is suitable for warm spring.

My first impression on her was long hair, with round, big, and black eyes. She is only 21 years old.

Seohyun in Girls' Generation, known as mature and wise member, unlike how maknaes are usually like.
Some people might question if this is manipulated character because of celebrity world which could be described as rough.
The reason why Seohyun of now exists is that she was always a hard critic on herself.

Posted Image

"If you don't act without thinking, I think the life just goes on like water leaking. So I think there should always be principle and subject. I'm usually a type that I control myself to not cross the line.
Others might think I'm narrow-minded. I also see myself as narrow-minded sometimes. But I want to live a life that I wouldn't be ashamed of myself."

As I saw careful, but very opinionated Seohyun, I thought she would be more skillful in academic studies. Because she showed a lot of interests in literature and philosophy, maybe humanities was more suitable for her.

How did she get into entertainment world?

"I was recruited on subway when I was in 5th grade. I never dreamed about becoming a singer, and never had interest."

The ones who helped her get into entertainment world are her parents. They didn't push her into it, but as they tried to have her experience varieties of activities, they helped her get into entertainment world.

"Back then, my parents wanted to find me something that is suitable for me, and had me experience variety of things. I learned many things from horse riding to violin, piano, skating, and double-headed drums.
Parents didn't willingly recommend being a celebrity. But I told them 'I want to try'. After getting camera test, I was informed I passed the test, and started a trainee life."

As Seohyun experienced happiness through being SM Entertainment trainee with challenging trainings, she decided to be a singer.

"My dream was to be a person giving lots of happiness and joy to others. As a trainee, I realized many people are really happy when they listen to music. Then, I decided to become a singer."

Seohyun is a only child. It's wrong to think 'Because she is a only child, she must be self-centered'. She is rather full of understanding and care for others.

Seohyun has 8 unnies in Girls' Generation. They're not just unnies, but are filled with ambition in singing, dancing, and acting. As she lived with them, she said she learned her opinion isn't always right. Would she fight with unnies?

"It would be a lie if I say I haven't fought with them. Like real sisters, we quarrel and get sulky on nothing important. I think our bond has gotten stronger because of it. We have a family-like relationship where we talk like nothing happened after quarreling. To be honest, it's hard to have a friend beside me in life, who has same dream as mine, and go to the same way. But I'm thankful of the fact that we're walking to the same path with same goal. So I can call unnies, 2nd family. I'm always thankful of the members because of it. (laugh)"

Besides Girls' Generation members, Seohyun had another family member past few months. He is CNBlue Jung Yonghwa, whom appeared as her husband in MBC variety program 'We got married'.

Two, who were called as 'Yongseo couple', showed teenage love story throughout the filming. Because Seohyun was relatively unknown member compared to others, it was a program that she was able to step a little closer to the fans. What does 'We got married' mean to Seohyun?

"I never had any dating experience before. But I got to date through pretend marriage. It was a fun experience and I learned some things through program that schools don't teach. Of course, there are some regrets. Because I have a personality that I don't open up my mind and approach to others, I think Yonghwa oppa had hard time. I tried hard to make him comfortable. But since I showed many good sides of me, even with few regrets, the program helped me a lot.

I asked her to pick out her most memorable moment.

"The most memorable event is knitting a muffler for Yonghwa. I think it's more meaningful to give a small present filled with sincerity than any big and fancy events.
When I get a boyfriend later, I want to hold a meaningful event like making a hand-made photobook.(laugh)"

Posted Image

21 year old Seohyun wants to learn more and do more things. She is currently attending Dongguk University acting major. She carefully said she has ambition in acting. She wants to change herself to variety of characters, from sonyuh character like herself, to role with action scenes.

"I want to do acting as a role of a student, which can only be done in my age range. I like a role that Moon Geunyoung took in a movie 'Little bride'. I also like historic dramas, and I think 'Hwangjinee' would be interesting. Also, I want to try taking a tough character such as spy, and female detective. For example, I want to try Kim Taehee's role in drama 'Iris'. I want to show Seohyun with many different charms that can't be found in real life."

Seohyun has real passion in things in what she does, and has another dream. Since she is a human, there are times she feels stressed. Then, she visits a park in front of her house. She said she feels the breeze while listening to music. When I asked her if people don't recognize her, she replied even though she's only wearing a cap, they don't recognize her.
She likes it that way. Girls' Generation Seohyun, who is always bright, and firm, What's her plan for the future?

"First, I'm going to focus on activities as Girl's Generation. I want to show ourselves stretching activities in Asia. When We get a chance, I want to go around many countries, and communicate with many fans closely. I think that is what I, and Girls' Generation have to do."

Translated by 오이사랑싴@soshified.com
Edited by spiceshoe@soshified.com
Source: Nateon

Posted Image
Warning: my siggy pic might distract you from reading my translation

"If you don't act without thinking, I think the life just goes on like water leaking." - Seohyun

My twitter: http://twitter.com/cucluvsic

whyFanywhy whyFanywhy
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:20 AM

Fave part!

"It would be a lie if I say I haven't fought with them. Like real sisters, we quarrel and get sulky on nothing important. I think our bond has gotten stronger because of it. We have a family-like relationship where we talk like nothing happened after quarreling. To be honest, it's hard to have a friend beside me in life, who has same dream as mine, and go to the same way. But I'm thankful of the fact that we're walking to the same path with same goal. So I can call unnies, 2nd family. I'm always thankful of the members because of it. "

SOSHI BOND... THE ONLY BOND I AM SURE OF!!

Thank you so much for translating cucluvsic!! :unworthy:

iB4YQIX5uBhkk.png

Icon: miwa-harmony Sig: Obelisk

SosiForehead SosiForehead
  • Donors
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:23 AM

This is a Great article!!!!
Thanks for the translation!
Seohyun make me reflect on my own life...
And i found something...
SNSD is evreything to me.

aeh2 aeh2
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:27 AM

Thank you for translating! This was a great article. I especially liked the parts about her bond with the other girls and her parents. She's a deep thinker.

colin<3SNSD colin<3SNSD
  • Donors
  • 835 posts

our maknae is not maknae anymore.... her thought is really deep and alway think further than some people ( i mean me :whistling: )
anyway, she is a really skill-full girl, alway want to challenge herself and she even think about others' happiness since she was a child....
Her parents, 8 sisters, Yonghwa and many more people around has alway teach her a lot of things. And it's also good if seohyun can act in a drama. she has a great acting skill like what we have seen in Horror Movie Factory.
thanks a lot for took your time worked on this interview :)

Posted Image
icon&banner cr:lynnryan@soshified

Follow me on twitter --> Posted Image

leriod leriod
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

thanks so much for the translation!

"If you don't act without thinking, I think the life just goes on like water leaking. So I think there should always be principle and subject. I'm usually a type that I control myself to not cross the line.
Others might think I'm narrow-minded. I also see myself as narrow-minded sometimes. But I want to live a life that I wouldn't be ashamed of myself."

ZOMG . what a mature thinking D: . seohyun . i respect you even moar .
Forever 9 : Soshi Bond || Signature and Avatar made by :Teruteru

Posted ImagePosted Image

YuriFan21 YuriFan21
  • Donors
  • 657 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

Was a great read! Seohyun is just so amazing and she never fails to surprise us with the intellectual stuff she says. Where were the gogumas in the interview lol.

"When I get a boyfriend later, I want to hold a meaningful event like making a hand-made photobook." - Lol wasn't doing it with Yoooong good enough? I bet half the people here are dying for more Yongseo? Agree?

Edited by YuriFan21, 04 May 2011 - 12:29 AM.

kittyyul kittyyul
  • Donors
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

I love their relationship, Soshi bond...
Sometimes I envy their friendship...
I hope they will continue as Girls' Generation forever...
I love u, Girls' Generation...

별별별 별별별
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

Ah, thank you so much for translating. I feel so related to Seohyun!

Even if I'm older I have nothing but deep admiration for her,
she is such an intelligent down-to-earth sincere pure girl.

I hope she accomplishes everything she wants to do,
I'm sure she will because she works hard! Go detective Seo! ^^

I'm also happy that she mentioned Yonghwa, I'm totally a yongseo shipper.
He was so patient and loving to her, I think he truly loves her.
They would be a lovely couple in real life!

Again, thank you so much!

Edited by malhy, 04 May 2011 - 12:32 AM.

tumblr_lsouu1yuhs1qajqpx.gif
24ew5fk.png

puddiing puddiing
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

Wow ! She sure learns plenty at her age. So hardworking and careful. Will she get a boyfriend? I wonder...haha I bet the boyfriend will be turned into Goguma.

Seo'sFan! Seo'sFan!
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

Aww such meaningfull interview,i bet for seomates like me,get to know her more thru this :)
Seohyun wants to try female detective character!I hope that too because i like detectives!

I learn more through this interview,really :) Since Seohyun and I was only-child in the family,i felt that "We are so close~" Seohyun has become not only an idol for me,but my learning target! Seohyun Noona Hwaiting!!! <3333

yonglinz yonglinz
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

thanks for the translation! it's nice to see how matured our maknae is.
"My dream was to be a person giving lots of happiness and joy to others. As a trainee, I realized many people are really happy when they listen to music. Then, I decided to become a singer."
(people enjoy music, so i pursue my dream as a singer) it's like wow. she really does care for other people. now i know more about her. :)

SUNYEON SHIPPER
"They say 'Lucky Number 7' but Lucky Number 9 has been ingrained in my head. My lucky number is 9." - Tiffany

Endymion Endymion
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:36 AM

Reading this really made me feel all tingly inside and I smiled a little too much. I'm loving the small look we get into Seohyun's mind and one can easily tell she's an insightful and intelligent girl. She is an exceptionally beautiful person - I'm very envious of the people that have actually gotten the chance to know her. She'd be a totally cool person to sit down and talk with. Thank you for this translation, I feel like I know Seohyun a tad more now.

follow me: twitter | tumblr

ErisedSeo ErisedSeo
  • Donors
  • 486 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:36 AM

this whole interview is making me teary... i'm not even joking. I'm just very proud of her. Even tho she is younger than me, I look up to her. Seohyun makes me want to be a better person. I want to meet her parents and give them a full bow for raising an amazing person. Seohyun jjang!

오이사랑싴 Thank you very much for translating and sharing this. I really love this.

Posted Image

"There is no reason for me to give up... I didn't quit high school. People look down on us if we don't go to school because of work, right? 'Entertainers have no brain,' I feel so frustrated hearing that kind of stuff from people. We just have a different goal. We have our own ways..." (cr:Translation@SSF)

Seo Joo Hyun-GGTS

LadyRomeli LadyRomeli
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

not all 21 year olds nowadays behave and think like her but I'm happy to see her like that. i mean, she's the maknae of snsd and not only that, she's an only child. most of only children are known to be spoiled and bratty but seohyun-unnie is not even an inch of a spoiled brat. she's way more than that.. I'm so proud of you seohyun unnie! you're very talented and kind.

Seohyun is not just the usual maknae indeed. she's more mature and straight forward. she's focused on her future. i really like her. I like her with Yonghwa too! :)) yongseo forever <3

~~SEO JU HYUN!..

snditzz snditzz
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:55 AM

Thanks for sharing this~~
I sense Seohyun is actually very careful with her words :mellow:
She's really pure and unique in many ways :thumbup:
The way she speaks and behave is really witty and 'processed' in some way~
Anyway, I'm glad she mentioned the strong soshibond SNSD possess (Yonghwa too :P )

LavaBlade LavaBlade
  • Donors
  • 1640 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

Seohyun is just so mature!
And great to see her ambitions and wanting to act! Hopefully we will get to see her in a drama soon!
Loving the Soshibond!

Thanks for the translations!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

5 years of Girls' Generation

SNSD | 소녀시대 | Girls' Generation | 少女時代

Jigeumeun Appurodo Yeongwonhi!

Philip Philip
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

It is great to know that she thinks so much about others even up to the point of choosing her career.. For one whose dream is to bring happiness to others through music, she is definitely heading the right way and doing well in achieving that dream.

I think maknae is among the matured member in the group and i believe small arguments are in a way necessary so that relationships can grow..
Seo is one who i really respect and look up to. Like her attitude.. :unworthy:

Thanks so much for the translation i was real happy when i was updated on this through twitter..

Seo hwaiting!! SNSD hwaiting!!

SONE1314 SONE1314
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:04 AM

Her uniqueness and mature thoughts at such a young age is no joke.
That's why i fall in love with here keke! Seohyun fighting!

teyha90 teyha90
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

seriously, this really touched me down inside
i don't know if it's bcoz u are really goods with words
or seo really is an amazing person
i used to think she's just too straight
having no fun in life with her cold attitude

reading this make me ashamed of myself
her far outlook in life is too wonderful
even me who's older than her can't even think of that
seobaby i really2 solute you
you really is one in a million....

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run
@  cinderella@y... (04:51:06 PM) bots world zzz