Photo

[BOOK] Girls' Generation MemoirsCompleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic
Taeyeons boy Taeyeons boy
  • Donors
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

thnx for translating i already knew some parts from other sources in the beginning when i found out about snsd but this was a really interesting chapter the beginning of girls generation im looking forward to read the next chapter

Jigeumun/Right Now So Nyuh Shi Dae!!!!!!!!!
Apeurodo/From Now On / Tomorrow So Nyuh Shi Dae!!!!!!!!!
Yongwonhi/Forever So Nyuh Shi Dae!!!!!!!!!

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

I have no witty comment to say. I used it all up with the shikshin eating up the week. I must refill by eating some yul on the kkab, kkabyulyaki, or just plain Ma. ._. *rawr*

Yuri
A beautiful, healthy, and sexy dark skinned girl

Name: Kwon Yuri
Birthdate: December 5th, 1989
Height/Bloodtype: 167cm/AB
Hobby: Listening to music, reading
Education: Chung-Ang University, Theatre Major
Specialty: Chinese, swimming, sports
Strong point: Talks a lot, Athletic
Weak point: Is actually timid

Full of mischief, a daughter who plays pranks and creates an uproar

Putting in all her effort on variety shows and being the MC on music programs, even if an idol, Yuri gives her all.

However, it might be because of her strong feelings in making sure that people have fun, she has the strangest behaviors and she is notorious for her pranks. Well then, let’s introduce 2 of Yuri’s famous pranks played on the other members.

Among the members, Tiffany is often teased, so the first one is about putting fake bugs on Tiffany’s bed. Seeing that Tiffany ran out of the room without thinking, crying. Of course after the prank was found out, without saying, Tiffany was furious.

The second one is about tying all the member’s shoelaces together. And Yuri, who tied them all together, did not follow them especially and quickly ran away from the place. Of course the other members were all furious.

Yuri also has some peculiar behaviors. First, when she is angry at a member, she starts writing a memo. And while looking at it, she lay out all the complaints and she even writes down the responses of the other member.

Yuri’s unique actions are really beyond imagination.

Health maniac who drinks Ma juice every day

In order to maintain beautiful looks and to do activities in the entertainment world, health is a very important thing. With extraordinary promotions, one would think that Girls’ Generation would certainly have health management, but without any restrictions on food, they normally have pizza delivered about 3 times a week.

Girls’ Generation have meals that cannot be said to be healthy, but only Yuri is quite the health nut. Not only does Yuri love healthy foods, she drinks grinded Ma juice mixed with milk, honey, and apples. This seems to be one of her beauty care she has continued doing since she was little.

Also, the most important thing for your health is exercise. Other than the lessons, Yuri’s hobby is exercising her body and she’s especially interested in yoga. In the variety show called “Invincible Youth,” where representatives of K-pop girl groups are gathered and the idols are challenged to their limits, Yuri even had her own corner called, “Yuri’s Yoga Classrom.”

Incidentally, this segment was well loved. Yuri, with her eyes and mouth wide open, stuck out her tongue as far as it could go and looked up; this odd move called the “Lion Pose” is a very un-idol-like performance and made everyone laugh with her foolishness.

However, because she takes this into consideration so much, that might be how she is able to maintain a sexy body.

Fans are also jealous of her “pearl skin”

One barometer of an idol’s popularity is the penetration of their nickname. For example, at the time when Morning Musume was at the peak of their popularity, each person had their own unique nickname.

Of course, each Girls’ Generation member have their own unique nickname that fits perfectly with their personalities and fans are familiar with.

Among those nicknames, one is quite different when viewed in with a Japanese sense. Yuri’s nickname is decisively “Black Pearl.” The origin of that nickname is due to her dark skin being smooth. For females, they must be very happy when they are praised for their beautiful skin and Yuri is also quite pleased with the nickname.

Yuri, who boasts that smooth skin, is an advertisement model for a skin care brand along with Sooyoung and Tiffany. They are the most beautiful group out there.

A girl who is a lady-like devil in front of the guys

Yuri can be said as the person in charge of Girls’ Generation sexiness. However, recently in a reverse role, she often tells gags on variety shows using her body to create laughs and popular among both males and females because she’s funny and creates a good mood.

Still, Yuri, who is loved by fans, has two completely different characters when she is front of men and when she is front of women.

The change in attitude is so unnatural that the members all pointed it out on a talk show called “Shin Dongyup & Shin Bongsun's Champagne.” When the topic of who makes a 180 degree change in front of males came out, Yuri ended up being number 1. Yuri replied frankly that she acknowledges it a little. Jessica revealed, “When Yuri is front of us, she is lively, but when there are males around, the tone of her voice changes to more lady-like and her laugh becomes higher.”

Those type of girls are typically “girls you hate” from other females, but because Yuri has a charming personality and even admits her change in attitude in front of guys, the other members do not hate her for it.

Also, a lot of her male fans seem to find that behavior cute.

The energetic girl is actually an introvert?

“Thanks to Yoona and Taeyeon, Girls’ Generation became famous. I’m really thankful to those two,” Yuri commented modestly, while she herself is acting and doing solo activities. Showing her supple dance with her long legs and arms and being energetic on T.V. shows, Yuri is arguably one of top among the group in popularity from the fans.

However, it may be difficult to imagine from the image of a lively girl who is loved by all, but Yuri is actually the type who cannot say things assertively. Even if it is something she hates, there are a lot of times she keeps things bottle inside without saying her displeasure and when the members have a fight with Yuri, they would think “It was about that from back then?!” when Yuri brings up all the things from the past.

She is that kind of girl, but it is completely different from dealing with family. Yuri would always be fighting with her brother and revealed a Polaroid photo of the two of them together on the variety show, “Haha Mong Show.” Also, her brother’s appearance looks so much like Yuri that they could be twins, Yuri said laughing, “Since I’m becoming to look more and more like my brother, I’m worried about my future.”

Although she seems to say what she is thinking, she is actually a type that pays a lot of attention to what is said around her. Even though she is on T.V., when there is a time she says something weird, let’s support her and tell her to keep fighting.

I want to eat takoyaki (fried octopus balls) in Japan!

When traveling abroad, food is one of the most important people look forward to and when Girls’ Generation is doing activities in Japan, food is also one of things they look forward to. On Fuji TV music program, “Sakigake! Ongakubanzuke Eight,” when asked, “What interest do you have in Japan?” more than half the members answered with wanting to eat Japanese food, such as ramen, sushi, or oyakodon (chicken and eggs over rice). Among them, only Yuri gave a slightly different answer. “Even in Korea, my favorite is takoyaki, so I want to eat a lot of takoyaki in Japan.”

Actually, Yuri has come to Japan many times. She knows Japanese food in detail and is a maniac for the things she likes.

Asked about what their goal is after the live at Ariake Coliseum, the other members responded of having a concert at a large venue like Tokyo Dome, but only she replied a little differently, “I want to do a live in the surrounding areas outside of the capital, even if it is on a smaller scale.”

Coincidentally, Yuri’s hobby is being connected with pop culture. If Girls’ Generation has their nation tour we might be able to see Yuri fully enjoying Japanese culture.

In Korea, she is the female singer that fits on the [baseball] mound the most

As Girls’ Generation second main dancer, she got her chance to debut after winning the first prize in SM Entertainment’s first annual Youth Best Dancer Contest (2001) and has so much athletic ability that fans said, “How about changing into an action heroine?” It seems that Yuri likes exercise and she wrote even on her profile that her specialty is sports and swimming.

And for a survey held on a music portal site with the topic on “which female star fits best as a pitcher,” Yuri was chosen to be the number one choice.

Whether this may be related or not, but in 2007 at the Kia Tigers VS Doosan Bears baseball game, Yuri threw an admirable underhand opening pitch. She was given the nickname “BK Yuri” after the former major league player known for his underhand pitch, Kim Byung Hyun.

Furthermore, for a survey held on the music website, Monkey 3, Yuri was again chosen number one for a female artist that best suit as a figure skater and for awhile was called “Kim Yuna of the entertainment world.”

Yuri, who fits both baseball and figure skating, her almighty sports character is deeply rooted in the hearts of the Korean people.

Next week: For justice! Innocent? maknae

SNSDsoshiGG SNSDsoshiGG
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 1169 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

thank you so much for taking the time and effort to translate the book for us! i really really appreciate it. :)

hwaitaeng for the rest of it!

D8YjS.jpg
if you want to read epic fics, read SHOCH, HoM, Time Apart, ASCC and BCtS
Right now it's SNSD, From now on it's SNSD, Forever it's SNSD.
지금은소녀시대!앞으로도소녀시대!영원히소녀시대!...헐 대박사!

Taejjang Taejjang
  • Donors
  • 1302 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

and again....I'm really thankful to you guys for translating this!! >_< Thank you so much for the hard work~ ^^

Haha.....Prankster Yuri!! Of course we know that :P.......and even until now....she still want to eat takoyaki.......haha, even though they already in japan for several months......Can't wait for the next chapter u gonna translate!! And it's maknae~ kekekkee......she is more health freak than yuri...:P

Posted Image

Cr:randombunny

ambyul ambyul
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

thank you for translating~!
lol i've been waiting for Yuri's to be translated and ta-dah~!
♥♥♥
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
// I WAS :bunny:YURISTIC.AMBER :bunny://

avatar: Pilona banners:Sunyeonie

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3178 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

The timing of this is tooooo perfect! On all the recent interviews on the Japanese shows, Yuri's been saying that she wants to eat takoyaki, so much that the interviewer is expecting it LOL. If you watch the most recent interview subbed by SSF, here, you can see her mention it again. It looks like she's been loyal to takoyaki for a long, long time. And man, Yuri and her pranks... hahaha didn't they also mention how she put a bug on top off Tiffany's bed, so that when she looked up she saw another one? I don't know if she's the only health nut though, Seohyun's legendary for her health consciousness as much as Yuri is for her Ma juice. Oh yeah, I remember that show where they voted her as the member who changed the most around guys, she looked so embarrassed when her wrist got pulled up. She's not the only one though. :P

Thanks for the translations once again! Looking forward to next week's!

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

jered7 jered7
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

Oh. Thank you for the translations. :)
Looking forward on Seob's translated part. I think she loved takoyaki. Right? Hahaha!

Posted Image

credits: P A R K J O H N @ SSF

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

Thank you so much for translating, I appreciate deeply. I'm still piss that I didn't get this book and it's friggin gone from yesasia.com. :lolol: Yuri the prankster I would so love to hang with you and Yoona and do alot of pranks on people. Wish there was a video of the pranks she pulls on her members. I read the facts about her writing stuff down when she's mad with the members, odd way to do things but that's just her special way. Yuri you are too cute! I love her athletic body and so cool that she gets first place alot. Go Yuri! I just watch SoshiPink Subs on their latest Japanese interview no long ago and she said she wanted to eat takoyaki, I wonder how that taste. Anyway I love this woman she's amazing and funny as hell and so freaking caring, take care angel. Thanks again for translating and I'll be waiting patiently for our babygirl next. Keep up the fantastic work! :thumbup: :respect: :heart:

Yuristic Yuristic
  • Donors
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

Nice! Thanks for the translation, well done! I would wanna know more about this pretty and nice lady T_T So hungry for more tings to know about her

winter86 winter86
  • Donors
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:55 PM

thanks for the translations! it's a lovely read and we couldn't have done it without you!

thanks again!

pima813 pima813
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

wow! thank you @arghninja for the translations~ you are so great!! i am looking forward with the other members' stories.. hwaiting!!^^

xSeo xSeo
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

thank you for the awesome translation ! haha, her love for takoyaki ! yay waiting for maknae's translation, looking forward, anticipates, yeah ! :D

siggy2-1.png
Seohyunn <3

woshiibgm woshiibgm
  • Donors
  • 1622 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

Hello! :welcome:
omo i got to say, YURI IS REALLY UNIQUE!
actually all the members are, but yul, i've never heard of anyone grinding Ma juice every single day, nor did i ever hear about anyone with the 3 steps of anger approach like yuri's (the one where she stares, writes a memo, and she goes into her lawyer mode) :lolol:
i remembered laughing like crazy when i heard about this 3 steps thingy, and omo not to forget, the time where she pranked the members!
i could imagine taeyeon going on a kid leader mode while grumbling who tied the shoelaces when they were rushing for time XD
fany? yuri really seemed to like disturbing the members especially fany! or maybe she just loved to hear fany's bug rap :P
it's really a mystery, a gift, how someone like yul could exist ^ ^/
takoyaki? yuri if you come to my country, i'll buy you dozen boxes of tako, okay? :D
thank you for the translation, i had a wonderful time reading this :laugh:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

YulSic & TaeNy <3

Ongoing: My MVP

One Shot: You | Complete | Opposite Attracts | A Day in the Dorm

Twitter | Formspring

ALL. SOSHI. MINE.

maknaeshi maknaeshi
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

thanks for translating.
i had a great time reading it.
suddenly i have a craving for takoyaki. LOL
i think i love yuri more after reading this one.

:unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy:

im looking forward for the next chapter.

Edited by CastroSaysHey, 24 May 2011 - 01:07 AM.

oie_rounded_corners1.gif  oie_rounded_corners-1.gif

As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our
YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

zoe88 zoe88
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:12 AM

thanks for translating this!
it's so much work to do and I wanted to thank you for this!
I'm a new SONE and I love to get to know the members better. And your translation really helps!
:thumbsup:

dan4413jwfJUH dan4413jwfJUH
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:53 AM

hahaha really cant wait for maknae's!! haha i luv her assessment, a very mischievous, healthy, fun person!!! SO true... and i like the part where she goes and writes stuff down when she is unhappy with a certain member!! i shld learn to b more calm and controlled when upset like her! anyway, its nice to know that they are all so well-bonded, cos i bet that the same tricks played in other idol groups would have had much different effects! (and how did she manage to tie all 8 of their laces together?? Teach me, yul!!! ^^) SNSD fighting, always nice to know more about the girls~~ ^^
Jes♥♥SicaPosted ImagePosted ImageThe Soshi Theory- So Nyuh Shi Dae+Sone=9+1 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Posted Image

YuriFan21 YuriFan21
  • Donors
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:17 AM

Great work with the translating! I was looking forward to reading some interesting perspectives but I guess it was the typical things you would associate Yuri with.

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:24 AM

LOL, who said you used up all your witty comments? Kkabyulyaki is awesome!!
Haha, I think Yul's angry behaviour is so cute! With finger wagging, she scolds and the look at her paper, looks up then continue scolding again; I find that really cute! XD
Oh, and I absolutely the Lion Pose. Epic Yuri expression.
I don't know how other fellow females can "hate" Yuri just because she change a little when she sees guys. It's natural and I find it cute even though I'm not a guy..
I <3 sporty Yuri. :) The last line is really apt in describing her.

Thanks for the translation so much!! Can't wait for Justice Maknae's!
Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:57 AM

I'm glad your translation came on time,it definitely makes my day.
I'm ready and looking forward to next week.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

Yinfany Yinfany
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod it's YURI this week~! Ahhhhhhhh! Pardon my maddness, I always go gay for the sexy black pearl. ^_^ She is really the most un-idol like idol that I have ever seen. She is so lovable, always creating such nice and comfortable atmosphere for the people on the same show as her. Even I got affected by the lively spirit of hers. :) I love to watch her interactions with any of the girls in Hello Baby, always creating so many jokes and never fail in making me laugh till my tummy aches. I swear, her hot figure doesn't only attracts guys, but girls too! I'm the best example, heehee! I really want to see her swim and go to gym with her someday! She kind of influenced me in wanting to lead a better and healthier lifestyle, so I'm actually visiting the gym rather often now and I'm paying more attention to what I eat nowadays. :) Power of Yuri! :D <3 I really wonder how Ma juice taste, so maybe I should try to blend it myself? Haha. But I bet it would never taste good. I love the lion pose of hers in Invincible Youth and sometimes I would try to follow her steps too. But I came to realize that yoga isn't really my thing so I should just watch. Haha. Every of her pranks might make one angry at the beginning, but they are actually harmless and rather funny if we were come to think about it. ^^ She knows her limits even though she is playful. No matter how peculiar her actions are, that just shows how natural she is. :) Yuri ah, let's go to the gym and eat nice food in Japan together! I would never make you angry, or I would try to not make you pissed, so you won't need to list out all the things that you are displeased with. ^^ You're so cute, so natural, so sexy, beautiful, in short, awesome! :thumbsup: that's why I fell in love with you so uncontrollably! :heart:

Thankyou staff for translating the book, your effort and hardworks are definitely highly appreciated! :D THANKYOU SO MUCH! ^_^

Edited by Yinfany, 24 May 2011 - 04:22 AM.

"Never say good-bye, So-wons." - Choi Sooyoung, GGWT SG, 131012. 

They are my Girls' Generation; I'm their So-won. ♥

JUST & ONLY OT9. ♥

@hengyin09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run
@  cinderella@y... (04:51:06 PM) bots world zzz