LOVE LOVE LOVE the update.
Thanks so much for translating.
Can't wait for the Sooyoung update! ^_____^

beebeebobobo beebeebobobo
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

thanks for translating. I especially love the background info on their Japan debut and the rivalry between DSP and Sm. awesome stuff!
Posted ImagePosted Image

"If you’re still Girls’ Generation in the next lifetime, I will still be a SONE" -anon.

AdoresYoona AdoresYoona
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

Thanks so much for the translation !
It feels good when you see the achievements SNSD have done together , feel so accomplished :)
Hope this will continue to go on and on !
Posted Image

There's this shining star in the night sky ... it's her

Jxuan Jxuan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:39 AM

Thank you so very much for this awesome translation! I got to know so much for about the nine girls(: thank you for your hard work put in and I'm looking forward to more chapters ! :D

peonyoil peonyoil
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:26 AM

OMG, you must have worked really hard on translating this! Thank you very much!
It's a very interesting book, I want it but I don't understand Japanese ):
I learned a lot.. so many other idols so close to debuting with SNSD... wow
I'm so happy that Taeng didn't back out like Soyeon and the others... can't imagine SNSD without Taengoo ahh! :unsure:
You're going to be translating the entire book...!!! Hwaiting and take your time!!! (:

LOVE JESSICA JUNG LOVE JESSICA JUNG
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

i think you got sunny part wrong
i think she trained for 5yrs not 9yrs

other then that is all goods
and thank
now a know a lot more of our 9angle

Second Chance of Love (KrisSica)

F A T E (HaeSica)

Game of Love (JiSica)

taengmarmalade taengmarmalade
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for the translation!
I know about all this stuff about SNSD but I never fail to still enjoy articles like these.

verodeg verodeg
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

Cool! Thanks for translating! I can't wait for the next one!!! I'm sooooo excited!!! The book actually gives quite more meaning to 'Girl's Generation'. :thumbsup:

동방신기 - 슈퍼주니어 - 빅뱅
원더걸스 - 소녀시대 - 카라
투에이엠 - 투피엠 - 샤이니
포미닛 - 에펙스 - 티아라 - 투에니원
엠브렉 - 비스트

QQitsAndrew QQitsAndrew
  • Donors
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:43 AM

oh wow. looking forward to reading this some time... when i have time.. -.-;

Posted Image
by:monkeyjjang

We're Nothing Without 9

没 有 9 我 们 什 么 都 不 是

I <3 Jessica Jung

Jang SaeByuk Jang SaeByuk
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

Thanks for translating chapter 1 and 2
that alligator laugh dont go away when we talk about yoona :lolol:
i love yoona more.

Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals. To help and support them in their conquest of the world,
To diligently defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth, And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

dSbN5SkD dSbN5SkD
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1751 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:20 AM

Thanx a lot for the translation.
I love reading it.From the girls debut to now.
There is just so many hardship and hard work.
The soshi girls deserve to be where they are now.
They work hard for it.They fight for it.
They deserve it.Soshi jjang!!!!

tryke tryke
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

Thanks a lot for translating!
It must have take a lot of effort.
I'm really glad that SM finally learnt their lesson.

Looking forward for more!

Posted Image

w-weiss@@ w-weiss@@
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

thanks for translating...
this book will make me know more about the girls
Looking forward to the other chapters.
SNSD jiang

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

What? It's been a week already? o_o Where did the week go?? Oh, right. The shikshin ate it.

Sooyoung

A dependable older sister who is fluent in Japanese and has eye-catching beautiful legs

Name: Choi Sooyoung
Birthdate: February 10th, 1990
Height/Bloodtype: 170cm/O
Hobby: Movies, listening to music
Education: Chung-Ang University, Theatre Major
Specialty: Japanese, dance, acting
Strong point: Candid older sister-like
Weak point: Rough (around the edges)

She actually debuted in Japan on “Asayan”

Debuting in Korea in 2007, Girls’ Generation waited for the right time to inevitably debut in Japan in 2010. There is one member, Sooyoung, which one should look closely at. Perhaps you might remember seeing a young girl that she looked like before. It would be natural to think, “I might have seen her somewhere” and, actually, Sooyoung debuted in Japan about 9 years ago.

In December of 2001, 11 year old Sooyoung was chosen from 8698 Japanese applicants and 7194 Korean applicants for the Korea-Japan Ultra Idol Duo that was aired on the same popular TV show that gave birth to Morning Musume: TV Asahi “Asayan.” And thus, she debuted in a group produced by Kawamura Ryuichi called, “Route 0.” The name of the group was to help bridge Japan and Korea together, but the actual activities itself, unfortunately, was short-lived. They released 3 singles. Looking back at that time, Sooyoung commented happily, “It is a wondrous feeling being able to come back to Japan again.”

Being able to debut again in Japan under Girls’ Generation, Sooyoung, who hates doing things half-heartedly, studied day after day with her members to master Japanese perfectly in order to appear on dramas, movies, and variety shows.

If you want to know more about her, look for Route 0 CDs and DVDs and it might be interesting to compare it with the Sooyoung now!

Not only Japan, but wants to succeed in America as well!

Listing Japanese as her specialty, at the Asia Song Festival, she greeted in Japanese and is able to answer back in Japanese for the interview. Also, she has speaking capabilities as she was presenter for the quiz show, “Fantastic Duo,” and when Girls’ Generation is promoting in Japan, Sooyoung is leading the other members along. When they were chosen to debut in Japan, Sooyoung took on the role of the teacher teaching the other members about Japan.

Tiffany mentioned, “Sooyoung teaches a lot of various things about Japanese entertainment. Because of that chance, we are able to have more interest in Japanese.” It might also be her influence that the other members also like Japanese drama and movies.

However, even in that situation, Sooyoung has started to learn English recently. Sooyoung laughed, “Even though this is time where I should be studying Japanese right now.” “However, it is also a dream to do activities in America as Girls’ Generation someday,” said Sooyoung, with her eyes not only focused on Japan, but already facing the world.

The Queen of Eating in SNSD; Fans call her “Shikshin”

With a stylish body that outshines models, Sooyoung stands 170cm tall and weighs about 48kg and even among the members, she has the top class style. Having that kind of excellent proportions, it is hard to imagine that she is a big eater with her kind of body.

In Korea, regardless of how thin a body you have, girls who eat the same amount as a guy are fondly nicknamed “shikshin.” It wouldn’t be strange to call Taeyeon, who seems to eat a lot as well, “shikshin” but Sooyoung eats even more. That’s why among the girls, when talking about “shikshin,” they are talking about Sooyoung.

When the big eater goes to a barbecue by herself, she is able to make short work of eating multiple person portions. Also, there was a promised playful episode where when Sooyoung finds food and thinks of moving closer to it, the members would sing the famous Jaws BGM where Jaws is closing in on its prey from the movie “Jaws.” If they become even more popular in Japan, we might just be able to see her big eating skills on gourmet food program.

Days with strict lessons is bound to make anyone eat a large amount of calories, but even eating that much there should be fat at some point… Even so, Sooyoung, who doesn’t gain weight no matter how much she eats, is the owner of a body that all girls from around the world dream of.

A kind-hearted older sister. Confident and manages everyone too

Girls’ Generation is a 9 member group. All 9 are good friends and live together. However, because all 9 members are close in age, it is quite difficult to come to the same agreement.

However, the big household of Girls’ Generation, surprisingly, the role of a leader is non-existent. In this circumstance, Taeyeon is the leader, but as of now she has stepped down from that role. In place of that, there are many times where Sooyoung, who is confident, has experience being a MC and radio DJ, and skilled in speaking, plays the mediator role many times.

Sooyoung has a diplomatic, lively personality, but she also has a boisterous rough side. She also is timid and nervous, but has a heart of gold. When Taeyeon got into an argument with the other members and locked herself in her room, Sooyoung was the first person to visit Taeyeon in her room.

Perhaps because of that incident, many among the fans see Sooyoung as having the essence of a leader. Whether or not she is leader-like, she takes the initiative in speaking on variety shows and interviews with an older sister feel and Tiffany, admiring Sooyoung, commented, “I want to become interesting like her.”

Her older sister is Soojin, a female actress. Rumors of being too pretty

Sooyoung has an older sister. Furthermore, that sister is famous within activities for those who know Korean entertainment very well. The name of the older sister is Soojin. She is a charming actress with big eyes, white skin, and long straight hair. There was a big talk about how close she looked to beautiful Song Yuri, a former member of the 4 member girl group Fin.K.L.

It was in 2007 when the fact that Soojin is Sooyoung’s older sister was brought to the limelight. A picture taken with Sooyoung was spread on the internet and it became a hot topic on how her cuteness does not lose to Sooyoung as well.

Last year, Soojin appeared on the show called “Introducing a Star’s Friend,” with Sooyoung, but they were all surprised how she had become even more beautiful from the time in the photo that was on the internet. The other talents who were co-starring also did not hide their surprise. And there became talk of how it was not an exaggeration that she was the most beautiful among the history of female entertainers.

6 months later, she passed her final auditions for the role of Gloria in the musical, “Jack the Ripper,” and will be performing. Once again the Korean media has become excited.

Since the two sisters get along very well, for the fans that follow Sooyoung, why don’t you try following Soojin’s activities as well?

A surprise birthday present from fans

The countries are different, but in both Japan and Korea, the fans want to make their idols happy. Especially when it is a birthday, without universal limits in both countries, the fans deliver large amount of presents to the entertainment agency office.

Of course, Girls’ Generation fans send presents to the girls, but the power of their activities are tremendous and people know of the amazing presents they send to the girls’ birthdays.

For Sooyoung’s birthday in 2010, not only Sooyoung, but the people around her were caught off guard with the birthday present that was sent.

First, they created a Sooyoung look-a-like figurine standing on top of a custom made cake and donated 1 million won (approx. 72,000 yen) in the name of “Choi Sooyoung College Tuition” to her university. Not only that, but fans gathered 214 receipts of blood donations to Korea’s leukemia foundation, donated 32 boxes of ramen that SNSD sponsored to Korea Incheon’s welfare facility, and on top of that, donated 2 million won to Sooyoung’s hometown handicapped infant hospital and visited directly to do volunteer work.

Another thing they did was advertise a fan message in a newspaper, “Sooyoung! Congratulations on your 19th birthday! Even though this world can be dark and harsh, please enjoy your time with SNSD!”

Sooyoung is Vietnamese decent? The rumor due to her beautiful legs!

Whether it is their singing, dance or looks, Girls’ Generation charm point differs for each person, but in Japan, the girls are often called the “beautiful legged girl group.”

Within the group of jaw dropping legs that caught the eyes of many people, Sooyoung is named the person in charge of long legs. And she charmed all the male fans with her long slender legs.

Since she has outstanding style, when there was a survey with the topic, “Which singer fits the best as a jeans model?” Sooyoung shined at an impressive number 1 with over 50% of votes. It seemed most of the opinions of Sooyoung was that she is tall, sweet, and has long slender legs that fits perfectly as a jeans model.

Coincidentally, those legs caused a small problem. There were rumors spreading that Sooyoung was Vietnamese.

SM Entertainment came out and denied the issue saying that it was not true, but because Sooyoung has slim long legs, resounding looks, and tan skin, rumors still spread, wondering if she was really South East Asian. Moreover, so-called concrete information, such as her maternal grandmother was a 2nd generation Vietnamese or somebody on her mother’s side is South East Asian, surfaced like wildfire and confused many fans.

Next week: Yul on a kkab

YuriFan21 YuriFan21
  • Donors
  • 657 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

Nice piece on Sooyoung there! Loved the bits on Shikshin Sooyoung which reminded me of Cheer up! days when Sooyoung stayed at the BBQ place to eat more meat instead of going back because she didn't want it to go to waste lol. I'm really looking forward to the KkabYul one for next time, though I can see what's coming *wink wink*... hehehe...

Edited by YuriFan21, 16 May 2011 - 10:38 PM.

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

Yet another week has passed and as you've promised,the next translation of the book was released. Thank you very much for it.
Looking forward to the next!

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

Imperfection-x3 Imperfection-x3
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

In December of 2001, 11 year old Sooyoung was chosen from 8698 Japanese applicants and 7194 Korean applicants for the Korea-Japan Ultra Idol Duo that was aired on the same popular TV show that gave birth to Morning Musume: TV Asahi “Asayan.”

Morning Musume is a big big big name in Jpop! OMG. Anw, Sooyoung can hold her head high now. "Heyy, yes, you, I have failed once, while you went to to be one of the most popular girl groups in Japan. But thats okay. Because now I am a proud member of Girls' Generation, the top girl group in Japan AND Korea." :D

“However, it is also a dream to do activities in America as Girls’ Generation someday,” said Sooyoung, with her eyes not only focused on Japan, but already facing the world.

It might be quite hard though everyone knows that there is a really big group of Hallyu fans in Europe from the sales of ticket of the SM Town in Paris, but for majority unless Girls' Generation turn to more of the punk and rock kind of genre, it will be hard for them to accept. But again, what is impossible of the girls?

And there became talk of how it was not an exaggeration that she was the most beautiful among the history of female entertainers.

Now, comparable to SNSD? nahh. how about soojin join them instead? :thumbsup:

Even though this world can be dark and harsh, please enjoy your time with SNSD!

The world will never be dark for me with SNSD around! Guess it applies for all Sones too.

and looking foward to the next instalment!

Edited by Imperfection-x3, 16 May 2011 - 11:00 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Q. When do you feel like you're still a child? Seohyun: When I can't control my emotions.

- 2011 Ray interview

Probably the earliest SeoFany/SeoSic shipper in existence. lol.

Trasher_54 Trasher_54
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5782 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

Much like Yoona's, I also get to know Sooyoung again in that part. The last part is what I have thought about her when I first saw her, and the surprise birthday present part is so sweet. :heart:

Thank you for translating that part about Sooyoung, and I'll look forward for Yuri's! :thumbup:

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3177 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

Thanks to all those news stories in Japan and all the times that Sooyoung gets to show off her Japanese skills, I think a lot of SONEs were now made aware of Sooyoung's past experience in Route 0, but this goes into more detail haha. It's amazing how much Japanese culture that Sooyoung knows though, since she had left and spent so much time in Korea. I definitely would've forgotten it all. Awww she's learning English too, she's always working hard... her English accent at that SMTown press conference was soooooo cute too! I wanna hear her speak it more often. And of course, her shikshin-ness needs to be mentioned LOL. Personally I love it whenever I see Sooyoung eating or that it's mentioned that she loves to eat... for some reason I'm really attracted to it, maybe cause I think they all need to eat more. The part about her being the mediator and pseudo-leader I think is very true. A lot of times it seems like Sooyoung steps up when no one else is saying anything and seems a lot like a leader (though in my heart Taeyeon will always be the leader haha). The part about her long legs seeming to indicate that she's of Vietnamese/Southeast Asian descent is a little silly though.. my mom and sister would highly disagree lol. Thanks for another great translation! Looking forward to Yuri on a kkab.

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

Jeh25 Jeh25
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:41 AM

I LOVE YOU SOOYOUNG~!!

ஜ۩۞۩ஜI LVE GIRLS GENERATINஜ۩۞۩ஜ
TAEYENJESSICATIFFANYSYUNG
SUNNYYURISEHYUN
YNAHYYEN