[BOOK] Girls' Generation MemoirsCompleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic
ZeeKayYee ZeeKayYee
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

Thank you so the translation! The WHOLE thing was smooth to read. You must have put in a lot of effort! Really good job : )
Posted Image

Credit: cream

9양E 9양E
  • Donors
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

What an insight!! The article was well written!
Thanks for the translation~~ ><
It feels so good that other people can know more about snsd's pre debut dayz and share the joys n pains

Posted Image

Ricecake Taeyeon + Smoothy Hwang = TAENY

-love -love
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

Thank you for the translations! I've been contemplating on whether or not I should buy the book when I can barely read Japanese but it seems like such a great book to have as a fan. Now that you're translating, I definitely have more incentive to make the purchase, haha.

Thank you for your hard work!

SunTaeFany1290 SunTaeFany1290
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:43 AM

WOW! NICE! :)
WELL, BCOZ OF THIS I'VE REALIZED HOW HARD THEY DID TO BECOME OUR GIRLS NOW SO THEY REALLY DESERVE OUR LOVE AND SUPPORT.
AND ALSO THEY WE'RE DESTINED TO BE 9 W/ SUNNY :D
AND IT'S INTERESTING I NEVER KNEW THAT TRAINING WAS "THAT" HARD!
WELL, THANK YOU, REALLY THANK YOU, FOR SUBBING THIS! :D

Edited by SunTaeFany1290, 08 May 2011 - 12:45 AM.

urbe8.png

kamil kamil
  • Donors
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:58 AM

wow, thanks for the translation.. really appreciate it.. really gives us new information about them.. looking forward for the other chapters..
jigeumeun So Nyuh Shi Dae! jjang!! xD

TaeYeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, HyoYeon, YuRi, SooYoung, YoonA, SeoHyun = SoNyuhShiDae

태연, 제시카, 싸니, 티파니, 효연, 유리, 수영, 윤아, 서현 = 소녀시대

" Power of NINE, Forever 9, SoShi bond ~~ 소녀시대 짱!! "

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

지금은 소녀시대! 앞으로도 소녀시대! 영원히 소녀시대!

JIGEUMEUN SoNyuhShiDae!  APEURODO SoNyuhShiDae!  YEONGWONHI SoNyuhShiDae! 

Right now it’s SNSD! In the future it’s SNSD! Forever it’s SNSD!

e099748794a4171bc481edf65ed05165.jpg

s2_paperheart s2_paperheart
  • Donors
  • 1291 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Thanks so much for translating. I really appreciate the time and effort you went through to help us understand.
Hopefully the full book is translated soon so I can finish it! ^____^
Thanks again!

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

POPULAR

Whee~ Glad to see you guys enjoying the book so far. I'll do my best to keep going. Onto chapter 2, which is all about the girls themselves. I'll be posting up each girl a week, so keep looking to see if your favorite member has been posted or not.

Small disclaimer: Anything written is from the view point of the author, which in this case is the SNSD reasearch committee, so if they got any info wrong or mistaken, it is probably because of the info they found when they wrote the book.

With that onto the first member: Yoona!

Chapter 2

Getting to Know Them More: The 9 Member’s Cute Secrets

Yoona

A prank-loving, cute, and naturally beautiful girl

Name: Im Yoona
Birthdate: May 30th, 1990
Height/Bloodtype: 166cm/B
Hobby: Watching movies
Education: Dongguk University, Theatre Major
Specialty: Acting, Dance
Strong point: Calming the environment, natural and bright
Weak point: Uncomfortable around strangers

Number one among males?! Yoona fans rapidly increasing even among celebrities!

Even among the top females, Yoona, who starred in a record breaking 41.5% viewer rating KBS big hit drama, “You Are My Destiny” in 2008, was awarded Best New Artist and Netizen Award at KBS Baeksang Arts Awards and her name recognition soared. Even on stage and being in the center singing, her high popularity can also be said to be natural. There are many popular members in Girls’ Generation, but it is be possible that the most popular in group could be Yoona.

And speaking of her popularity, it is not only among the normal male fans that like her, but it extends to Korean male talents as well.

A lot of males, such as singer Lee Seung Gi, Jo Kwon of idol group 2AM, badminton star athlete Lee Yong-dae, and more, have named Yoona as their ideal girl and we can imagine how this girl is the charming female.

Of course, when male celebrities hear that Yoona herself will also be appearing as a guest on the show, there is no end to the super happy male talents. Not only entertainers, but even people related to the industry as well, the circle of “Yoona-pen (Yoona fans)” is certainly expanding.

Incidentally, Yoona, who has so many people supporting her, recently announced that she did not have any particular boyfriend. Many Yoona-pens, including entertainers, were relieved.

Crying while watching KimuTaku’s drama! The reason for those tears

Yoona, who is often placed in the center in Girls’ Generation, also does activities as an actress.
The girl that has charmed so many people is captivated by a certain Japanese male. Also hugely popular in Korea and synonymous with cool, that male is SMAP’s Kimura Takuya.

Not only has Yoona watched all the dramas that Kimura Takuya has appeared in, but she’s even confessed on a variety show that he is her ideal guy! Anyways, she has fallen in love with KimuTaku’s charm. There may be people out there who might think that this means she is just a fan of KimuTaku, but her feelings towards him is not wishy washy.

When they were in Japan, Yoona, who was rooming with Yuri at the hotel, still hadn’t come back by 3am. And when she returned to the room, her tears were flowing. When Yuri, who thought this to be strange, asked, “What’s the matter?” Yoona replied, “I met Kimura Takuya.” When Yuri asked for details, Yoona saw him on a variety show, and while watching, she felt sad and couldn’t stop her tears from flowing. Moreover, she mentioned, “Since I like him so much, and because I couldn’t understand Japanese, I couldn’t understand what he was saying and felt sad.”

You can see the cuteness, her pure-heartedness, and the strength of her love towards KimuTaku and if seen from a male point of view, it definitely makes them envious.

Wanting to become a person who can take on responsibility

Since the group debuted from an amassed amount of strict lessons, every member is diligent and full of hard working people who all have the same goal.

And Yoona is always strongly aiming for the top. Her motto is becoming a person who can take on responsibility. On the bright stage where the spotlight is shining on her, that motto doesn’t seem to fit her and is quite the sober reply, but when you think about it and how it relates to her job, those words exude wonderfulness.

For Yoona, Japan was a new place to do her activities, and when answering the interviewer, she replied, “Boa-sempai and Tohoshinki-sempai were able to speak in Japanese when they debuted in Japan. But I’m still not good in Japanese, so it’s frustrating,” while biting her lips. Yoona shows a glimpse of her resolution and professionalism in doing activities in Japan from now, “I want more people to know about Girls’ Generation, so in order to have that happen, I have to learn more Japanese,” and shares her goal, “Someday, I want to appear at Tokyo Dome.”

A hidden side, the frail image is the exact opposite of Yoona

There are many fans who think that the proportions of Girls’ Generation members are the ideal figures.

Showing even more style in a stylish dance, their slim figures are so admirable that it makes males want to protect them and makes females envious and think of wanting to be just like them.

Among the owners of those polished and slender bodies, the number one girl played to have the weakest image is Yoona. However, she is actually number one in strength in Girls’ Generation.

She became known as the member with superhuman strength due to a certain TV program. On that show, she arm wrestled with a fellow male talent that appeared on the show and astonishingly won by a mile. And when the show aired on TV, that strong arm suddenly became well known among a lot of people.

And because she has so much power rivaling that of males, the original role of men carrying the heavy luggage during moving time has been assigned to Yoona. Therefore, even if you saw Yoona carrying the heavy luggage, it is not because they are bullying her, so please be calm Girl’s Generation fans.

However, even after hearing that story and looking at her slim body, one can’t help but wonder where she hides all that strength.

A secret complex of a too beautiful girl

Giving out a remarkable light on stage, Yoona continues to rise in stardom. Even though attractive, beautiful, and talented complimenting words have piled on one after another, she has to take in negative words from a lot of people. However, she is your typical girl after all. When comparing to other people, she has two small self-conscious complexes.

Those two points are “having a long neck,” and “big hands and feet.” For many people they may think that these two points are nothing big. On the contrary, there is a rising opinion among female fans that are jealous of her long neck because she has small face, but for Yoona, herself, she hates her long neck.

Also about her feet being big, she worries to the point that she seldom goes bare feet because she thinks her feet are not small and pretty.

However, it is naive for an adolescent girl to not like some parts of herself; but instead, fans who love Yoona are still increasing.

Incidentally, for the opposite complex, the part she likes and pays most attention to in regards to her appearance are those big eyes. Certainly, if one looks into those round bright eyes, it will not only be males, but females will also start to like her!

Girls’ Generation Center is actually weak at singing?

Lead dancer and vocal Yoona is often appointed to be the center of the group, but in actuality, she is weak in singing. In her profile, dance is listed under her specialty, but singing is not. There also is a lack of confidence in that area.

The phrase “weak at singing” in a way is a controversial remark. For that phrase to come about, it is not to the level where people are saying she is tone deaf, but where fans point out she “occasionally goes off key,” or her “voice is unstable.” However, many fans who like “high, cute and unique voice” support Yoona’s cute singing voice.

Incidentally, her favorite songs also include her seniors in the same company and also debuted in Japan, Tohoshinki’s “Magical Castle,” and J-pop artist, Utada Hikaru. Also, recently, she especially has interest in Exile and it seems she borrowed the Exile DVD from Sooyoung to watch.

The girl who dislikes speaking is actually a tomboy?!

There are many ways and phrases to compliment a girl and this is one of those phrases: “You are as beautiful as a flower.” If it comes to the day where a Japanese guy would say this phrase in front of a girl he likes, it is supposed to be embarrassing and he would not be able to sleep the night before. However, if it was in front of Yoona, it might come naturally for anybody to say that phrase to her.

That cute Yoona has a strong fear of strangers. Her character is completely different in front of people she does not know. Though in front of people she knows, she is often called “elementary school boy.”

The real Yoona loves pranks and is the owner of a strong, candid personality. Her mouth opens wide when laughing which is completely different from her lady-like appearance. She is a bright girl who is like a boy running around the school grounds full of energy.

By the way, other than her unique big mouth laugh, there are other various episodes regarding her mouth. Some episodes are “mouth wide open while sleeping,” “asking her what she is eating and opens her mouth wide to show you,” and “during meal times she opens her mouth wide when she’s excited.”

Even with that, the fans fall in love more and more with un-idol-like playful Yoona, an “elementary school kid” with a personality of a young boy and a fond nickname of “alligator,” thanks to her big open mouth.

Next week: Our giant shikshin, Sooyoung

Jan2x Jan2x
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

WAAAAAA! YOONA! <3 Thanks for posting those info about her. I'll certainly be enjoying while reading this. YoonAddict forever! <3

지금은, 앞으로도, 영원히 소녀시대. :D

Guest_Dandyu-Jeti~Luv_* Guest_Dandyu-Jeti~Luv_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

thank you for translating this! i think the research team (or writers) did a pretty good job describing yoona.. well, they can't put everything in it.. and these are things they found through shows I think, seeing SangSangPlus Sunny comment and Yuri's story on Chocolate among them..

cant wait for the other members' stories ^^

jcadigital jcadigital
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

Thank you for the translation. I think you guys are taking a big undertaking, translating a book is not an easy feat. I tried doing it for my foreign language requirement when I was in school, and it was tough. Thank you guys so much, and looking forward to your work.

My only regret about Girls' Generation is that I wish I knew about them sooner. - jcadigital

jcadigital jcadigital
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Hmmm...I was initially trying to respond to the 1st page's post. Then when I posted I noticed there was a new section regarding Yoona. Thank you for translating that. Love reading this kind of stuff, there is always something new to learn regarding a member. As expected, the SNSD never ceases to surprise and amaze me. They are continually growing, and I feel as fans we are lucky enough to be growing with them.

My only regret about Girls' Generation is that I wish I knew about them sooner. - jcadigital

bcdguz bcdguz
  • Donors
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

that was really awesome! I can't wait to read all
the other chapters when they come out XD! Thanks for
the translation! Yoona is definitely the bomb!

I <3 TaeYeon
Posted Image Posted Image
[center]As a Taeganger, I promise to despise all aegyo, to remain secretive with my butt fetishes, to laugh whenever and however I want, to do everything I can to help Taeyeon in her quest to conquer the world, to spread my 'amajjing' engrish to everyone, and to wear a mustache to make my Taeyeon proud!

yoona_yoonyul yoona_yoonyul
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

thank you for translating this story<3 it makes me happy and love yoong more. proud to be a Sone & YoonAddict<3

Posted ImagePosted Image

♥ YOONADDICT ~ TWIN TROOPER ♥

kayrune88 kayrune88
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

it doesn't matter if people think that yoona is weak at singing..for me, she has the cutest voice ever..it's not she can't sing, right..i personally feel that she improves herself in every song..i wish that she could have more singing parts after this..she deserves the chance..whatever it is, i'll always love our yoona!!!!!

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

"Next week: Our giant shikshin, Sooyoung" I had to laugh at the line and can't wait to read about her. Anyway thanks very much for translating the story again, I seriously need to snatch that book before too much attention goes to it and then it will all sold out, because once it's sold out they ain't coming back. Now if I was Yoona's friend we'd have a blast laughing our @$$e$ off and pranking everybody from left to right. I'm like a kid when play time comes. I read each member facts on Soshified and my goodness some of the stuff that Yoona and Yuri do to the members got me dying. I mean Yuri scaring them with a fake rat and put fake insects in Fany's bed and on her ceiling. Oh yes those are my kinds of fun stuff to do. Yoona showing food in her mouth to her members, that's me doing that to my brothers and lil sister. Yes we'll definitely have some great laughs if we were friends. Yoona so lovable, intelligent, beautiful of course and so freaking determine to conquer any obstacle that comes her way. Precious little angel that we love very much! Kamsahamnida!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Aarons Kwok Aarons Kwok
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

Lol the author calls her an "adolescent young girl"? Is that an error in translation or what? lol anyway I love how Yoona is not as she appears.

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3177 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

Another great bit from the book, thank you for the translation! Your translation is really smooth, it makes it really easy to read and follow along with what's happening. I thought it was funny that the first thing mentioned was Yoona's popularity with guys.. it seems like the every growing list of guys to call Yoona their ideal type convinced the authors of this that that aspect of her should go first. I'm surprised they didn't also mention Leeteuk though, who apparently keeps saying she should marry him later, lol. They also didn't mention her position as the second shikshin of the group, and how she consumes massive amounts of food but doesn't seem to gain any weight. They DID bring up Him Yoona though, hahaha. I always thought that the origin of that came from the episode of Girls Go To School where she was seen on camera moving all of their boxes by herself without a problem, and so the netizens dubbed her as the strong one.

It's kind of interesting that the authors would make a judgment call on the most popular member of the group. I've always believed that with SNSD, being the most popular is seasonal, and just comes and goes to the point where you can't really call one member the "most popular". During one era it might be one member, during another era it might be another. When You Are My Destiny was airing, I think Yoona was definitely very popular (especially among grandmothers watching the drama who knew her as Saebyuk more than Yoona :P) but all the way til now too...? Well, their call haha.

Her "complexes" are very interesting, it seems like no matter how much everyone might think her appearance is just perfect, she still has complaints about herself. I never noticed the barefoot thing, but now that I think about it... hm, maybe I'll go rewatch Hello Baby and see.

Ehhh, weak at singing... well, she can still outsing, outdance, and outact the huge majority of people who say that she's "weak at singing", so it's ok. Fans know the truth. When you're in a group that contains Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, and really all of the girls, it's hard to be considered "strong at singing" anyways, just as it's hard to be considered "strong at acting" or "beautiful" when you're in a group with Yoona.

Ahahaha oh man, they mention her alligator laugh and contrast it to her lady-like appearance. I can't wait to see what they bring up about Taeyeon's ahjumma laughter, that's even more extreme. I especially love the "open her mouth to show you what she's eating" bit, I wonder how many guys who list her as their ideal would still like her if they knew about that. Maybe even more, cause personally, I find it kind of attractive. Thanks for the translation!

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

Yoonyul_heemal Yoonyul_heemal
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2326 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

Thanks for translating!!!
I love all the description about Yoona!!!
Her alligator laugh,her boy like personality,
her choding way,and her eating habit all make me love and love her more!!!

but I'm girl.what to do..now I'm confuse with my gender.lol :sweat: ^-^

Posted Image

Ferin Ferin
  • Donors
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Yoona~^_^ well i got to admit it.. first time i saw her.. i don't really like her but after i looking more for the Girls on the TV show, variety show, and any other cut show.. slowly but sure, i begin to like her more and more.. i like her personality and her thought.. i guess don't judge book from it's cover is applied to Yoona, and yes! i know now why every man who knows her gonna love her, because if that's me, i'll falling to her, definitely :wub:

Thanks for sharing! Got a fact about Yoona which is i don't know before :X

See you on Sooyoung then! ;)

power9.jpg

영원히

sam5887 sam5887
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

thanx for this translate...for me it's true that yoona is not the best singer in snsd, but her voice is lovable.
she is strong n confident in act n dance. im REALLYx3 enjoy to see her dance.
about the 'famous yoona'...you can see in EVERY TALK SHOW when SNSD is there...who is the cameraman shot all the time???
hahaha
she's so big when we talk about entertainment business.

love SNSD 4ever.

Edited by sam5887, 09 May 2011 - 08:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam
@  Keitaro88 (11:09:19 AM) >_> https://pbs.twimg.co...jpg&name=medium
@  kidrobot (09:44:59 PM) reeses eggs
@  bunnybelle (08:48:20 AM) <3