Photo

[BOOK] Girls' Generation MemoirsCompleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic
bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3178 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

There were a lot of interesting points in this chapter! I think one was the part about the appeal of Girls' Generation to the male gender. This isn't what amazes me though, what really amazes me is that Girls' Generation appeals to BOTH genders! It even seems sometimes like this fandom consists more of women than of men... just look at the founder of this forum. The ability to appeal to both genders is what I think distinguishes SNSD from a lot of other groups where the fanbases are... well, to put it nicely: a little more one-sided. The other was that all nine girls get along. I think as fans we sometimes take it for granted that the girls get along so well. After all, we're talking nine really different people, who all have their own tastes and interests. That they can get along so well is amazing.

The authors of this book predicted really well!

"Even in Japan, they will most likely become a regular on music programs singing and dancing hereafter. The number of concerts are expected to increase."

One year after the writing of this book, the authors have been vindicated: the girls completed a full concert tour in Japan that was completely sold out, and performed for over 100,000 fans. It's amazing to be reminded of what the girls dreamed of beforehand, and to see that those dreams have come true. Both Sooyoung and Tiffany mentioned wanting to have a concert in Japan, and it happened. Taeyeon mentioned wanting to have success in Japan similar to BoA, and the Japan album did just that. I get the feeling that all the dreams the other girls mentioned in the individual parts of this chapter will come true as well. I can't wait to see Yoona take on more acting, Sooyoung joining variety show casts, Sunny continuing her hoooootoni siege on Japan, Hyoyeon acting in j-dramas and appearing on variety shows, Seohyun becoming the UN Secretary General, Jessica continuing to model, and Yuri finding more activities in Japan as well as more takoyaki restaurants. Soon, it's all coming!

Thank you for the translation of this whole book! It was a great read, with tons of great reminders on things we may have forgotten, and even with hints of what may be coming in the future.

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

winter86 winter86
  • Donors
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

thank you so much for your hard work! i enjoyed reading everything that was translated! thanks again!

i know how hard it is to translate and edit things so translating a book is much much harder

kebinbin kebinbin
  • Donors
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

Its finally done. Thank you very much for translating the whole book :D
Your work is greatly appreciated. It was a fun read and it was nice knowing more about the girls.

Posted Image

Superhuman97 Superhuman97
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1156 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Thank you sooo much for tranlsating the whole book!
It must have been really hard work, translating from day till night
It was great to read and I have definitely learnt a few more things from the girls
Once again thank you very much!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

chek chek
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

wow, this translation should've taken a lot of time to finish. thanks for your hard work!
this was a good read and once again, us fans feel one step closer to the girls. :)

Posted Image
credits to @aminec for the cool siggy... love for Sunny and my dongsaeng haha!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sunny Days
A Rocker Taeng - Alien Sunny story

iEmilyx3 iEmilyx3
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

thank you so much for the full translation of the book :)
our girls really did make a big impact in the music industry :D shows how strong their bond is ^___^

s63taVn.png

The Minion for this signature was provided by Mr. Gru @ Universal Pictures & Illumination Entertainment.

dan4413jwfJUH dan4413jwfJUH
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

thanks for this hahax anyway, i think its been an awesome book for me to know more about the girls...this part i specially like how they take care of each other, "Tiffany is Korean-American and her parent does not have a home in Korea and she cannot leave things at her parent’s home in America, so it seems the members took this into consideration." go soshi bond!!!!!!! and i like how tiffany wants them to be a group that lasts really long!!!! i hope that too~~! stay well girls, all yr fans are always supporting you! and i like how jessica is a unique idol ^^ with her awesome personality, charming so many people round the world~~ it is, and always will be, a SO NYUH SHI DAE!! SNSD fighting!
Jes♥♥SicaPosted ImagePosted ImageThe Soshi Theory- So Nyuh Shi Dae+Sone=9+1 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Posted Image

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:26 AM

:thumbup: :unworthy: :clap: :heart: :respect: :animier: :cheers: Kamsahamnida arghninja for the translations and for the updates, you're the best of the best. Lucky you having the AAGG package :) ! :crybaby: I still haven't purchase my yet, but hopefully soon when I can get some money. Anyway this whole book is awesome, I hope there will be more like this but this time in English, Korean and other languages for Sones to understand. Blood, sweat, tears, physical pains, heartaches, happy times, sad times, controversial times all that and they're still standing strong as 9 with 999,999,999 Sones around the world to back them up. Soshi and Sones are the best family, let's continue to be that way forever. Hwaiting!!!!! :D

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

Thank you sososo much for this. :) It has been some time since the first translation appeared and finally the book has been finished :D
Appriciate it! Go and enjoy AAGG!!
:D
Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

Thank you very much for your dedication in translating and posting these memoirs weekly.
I look forward to see more of your work.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

Garfield Garfield
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:40 AM

It's awesome to see the whole book's translation since I bought the book,but cannot understand it.
I know it's such a big job for the guys who are translating. Thanks so much for doing this
for all of us.

FellowSONE FellowSONE
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for translating all this. This had to be a TON of work so I sincerely thank you for putting in the time and effort. I, along with all the other SONEs, greatly appreciate this!

syahirvs syahirvs
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

I have read everything, thanks alot for your effort. you make sones like me know more about our girls, and loving them even more in the process.

crispmint crispmint
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

thank you again and again for translating the chapters every week! really appreciate the hard work SSF puts into entertaining all SONEs :unworthy: SSF ROCKSS!! Soshi ROCKSSS!!! XD

really happy to see 9 girls with unique personalities forming a super-strong bond and going for their dreams :thumbup: jjang!!
My support is always for all 9 Angels of SNSD.

I'm drinking coffee watching the girls conquering the world stage!! Global Generationnnnnn, i love Soshi :unworthy:

EMN.XTYY EMN.XTYY
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

Thank you for tranlsating the whole book!
It must have been really hard work.. haha
Its really great to read it

and i'll always support for all the 9angels ^^

Waterhaak Waterhaak
  • Donors
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

Thank you so so so so much for putting in so much effort to translate all of the chapters for everyone. I'm glad chapter 6, the final chapter is finally done, but also a little sad that it is the last chapter. I enjoyed reading each chapter and once again I would like to thank the people that made it possible for everyone to read it aswell because of the translations!

♥ 버섯보다 빛나는 ♥ | Waterhaak @ TL/Twitter/SSF/Skype/YT/Tumblr/Last.fm

Kimchi-uk Kimchi-uk
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:42 AM

Thanks so much for the translation!
A great read as always and what a nice way to close it with quotes from all the girls.
Well they defiantly achieved the goal of breaking into the Japanese Market!

Philip Philip
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:06 AM

Thanks so much for the lengthy translation. It must have been a lot of work. Really appreciate the effort.

It is a wonderful end to a great book but i believe the girls will continue to shine...

SNSD Hwaiting!!

beayuriful beayuriful
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

thanks so much for the translating! This is worth reading and spending time for! Your really doing a great favor for the fans! thanks again I can't express it enough :)

reyabisika reyabisika
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

however she is, she is the greatest woman
she is beatiful
saranghae
wkwkwkw
thanks for the translate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run