Wow that so Cool and Awesome. I want too ^-^

Jigeumeun So Nyeo Shi Dae !!!

Posted Image

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

Learnt a lot more about the ladies through this translation of yours,looking forward to more of such in the coming weeks.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:51 AM

This chapter is realy awesome. There are some things during Soshi's beginning years that I knew now after reading. :)
ITNW is really the most epic SNSD song ever. The opening notes of the song always give me this feeling that I can't really describe, but it's something like rising LOL. :P
And wow. The girls really do alot of good deeds. I'm so proud to have them as my role models. :) Soshi has alot of fans, including big names YEEAAHH! :thumbup: Loved by everybody. :D
So happy to be living in Girls' Generation :D

Just as I have been reading up to now, thank you so very much for translating up to now. You're doing an awesome job! +1! THANKS!
Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

Sunnyl♥ver Sunnyl♥ver
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:52 AM

I really want to watch SBS’s popular music program, “Kim Jung-eun Chocolate,”...
I want to watch SNSD's episode... Can someone please tell me what episode is it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, SNSD has debuted for 4 years already but until now, they haven't visited my country, The Philippines :'( :sobs:

Suntaeny1.jpg

ADPksoy.gif

(\ /) Berry
(^.^) Good

C(")(") Yo!

I ship SunTaeNy <3

If you're still Girls' Generation in the next lifetime, I will still be a S♥NE.

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

Crap I still haven't gotten this book yet and getting nervous everytime a new chapter finish translating, because more people are going to be getting more interesting in buying it and once sold out, it's gone for good. Thanks so much ssf staff for translating, keep the good work up and we'll continue show support by reading and leaving good comments :D . I need to get their AAGG dvd and watch the Chocolate special even though it's going to rip my heart out since I don't like seeing the girls cry, but I want to know what they're saying in that show. Anyway I don't have much to say so I'm done now, thanks again and I'm looking forward to reading more chapters until the very end. :heart:

thtl11 thtl11
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:44 AM

Big thanks to Soshi Subbers team! You guys did a not simple task. (my english is not good)
From this chapter, after I read it, I knew the girls more and more deeper. And I'm more and more proud to be a SONE. SNSD, jjang! :thumbsup:

"When I have the opportunity, I want to perform the guitar live for my fans. Please expect that!" - Kim Taeyeon [100502]

I'm waiting!!

chesnoOt chesnoOt
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

Thank you so much for the translations. I really enjoyed reading it. The memoirs make me know and love SNSD more. I love them with all my heart!! <3

Tiffany-TaeNy-Taeyeon

Follow me:

Twitter

Tumblr

kebinbin kebinbin
  • Donors
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for translating! :D you can learn a lot just by reading this.
looking forward for the next part.

Posted Image

edwinner123 edwinner123
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

wow this part mention all of them but Taeyeon the most. there sort of caring for Tiffany cause she doesn't have a mom. they really care for each others cause they r like sisters. :thumbup:
Posted Image

Juris Juris
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

Wow! They really work hard before they got this far. Thanks for the translation, hope SNSD will not stop moving forward. Fighting!

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

Update before heading off to vacation for a week, so we'll see when the next update will be ^^;

Chapter 3

Part 2

From stage costumes to private life
The secrets of Girls’ Generation’s fashion and make-up

Trendy Generation

Girls’ Generation becomes dolls?!

Girls’ Generation released their first album, “Girls’ Generation,” in November 2007. At the time, the album jacket photos caused quite a stir.

In the jacket photo, there were 9 mannequins lined up. However, they were not dolls, but Girls’ Generation disguised as dolls. They wore accessories with fashion that matched each of the girls characters. Almost as if they were like Barbie dolls. Even in the MV, the members that were disguised as dolls charmed the fans with doll-like expressions and movement. Furthermore, the cute and trendy doll-like figures were quite popular that real Girls’ Generation dolls were sold later.

Jacking the front cover with rainbow colors!

Girls’ Generation does not only influence fans through only dance and singing. They have tremendous influencing power from fashion to lifestyle.

In 2008, Girls’ Generation was selected to be the ad models for Italian sports band ellesse. The ad’s concept was “Rainbow Friends.” Each of the 9 members had their own color theme and the ad presented 9 different kinds of dreams and friend’s story.

A representative of ellesse said, “Through Girls’ Generation, we want to show a different ellesse to young people from their 10s to their 20s.

Girls’ Generation vs. Wonder Girls?! Rivals even with fashion

Wonder Girls and Girls’ Generation are idol groups that represent K-pop. Because of that, Wonder Girls and Girls’ Generation are always compared to each other. Even in fashion, the 2 groups are symmetrical: the rough sexy appeal of Wonder Girls compared with innocent Girls’ Generation.

A representative of the fashion world commented, “Everyone in Girls’ Generation wears clothing that matches while in Wonder Girls, all 5 members’ clothes are different. Girls’ Generation appeals to innocence and sexy clothing emphasize Wonder Girls. You can see they are completely different, but the strength of influence on young people and on brand name sales are the same.”

Leave any kind of genre to them!

One of Girls’ Generation’s charms is their clothes. The costumes that Girls’ Generation wear has become a point where it will obviously be a big fad among young people. With the release of their mini album, “Gee,” in January 2009, Girls’ Generation lead the fashion with pastel color skinny jeans and the phrase, “Girls’ Generation Gee Look,” was born. Also in the same year in June, they changed to marine girls with the 2nd mini album release, “GENIE –tell me your wish.“ The cute and sexy marine look became a fad.

Certainly, Girls’ Generation is the fashion leader no matter what kind of genre it is.

Cute in T-shirts! Tweety Appeal

In June 2009, Girls’ Generation have been appearing in a lot of extravagant clothes up to now, but on this day, they appeared in a rough style of jeans or short pants and t-shirts. The participating members showed off Warner Bros. popular character in “Looney Tunes,” the attention grabbing fashion icon, Tweety.

At the multi shop opening event of Tweety merchandise, including jewelry, bags, clothes, watches, and shoes, Girls’ Generation appeared as models showing off Tweety.

20 page exclusive! Prominence in the fashion world too

In April 2008, they chosen to be advertising models for Italian sports brand, ellesse, and became Korea’s young female fashion icons. Girls’ Generation jacked the cover of a fashion magazine. In 2009, Girls’ Generation was chosen to be the cover models for Korea’s top female fashion magazine, “CeCi.” The first time for all members of an idol female group to adorn the cover of a fashion magazine was Girls’ Generation.

Also, in the magazine was a 20 page exclusive on Girls’ Generation and this was the first time in the history of CeCi to have this many pages for a cover model.

Seducing with rouge make-up! Eyes that show determination up with smoky eye make-up

In 2010, Girls’ Generation did a complete 180 from a sweet and clean image to sexy females. Everyone wore tight black clothes with black knee high boots. Fans were surprised and excited with the new Girls’ Generation. “Run Devil Run” is a rock style song with its theme being a warning to a male to not play around with females. The girls wore sexy black clothes for the image of the song and a complete change from the image they had up to now

Not only did the clothes change. Emphasizing dark eyes, the feature was smoky eyes and the devilish make-up became a hot topic.

From the choreographer to the doll dance
The secrets of Girls’ Generation dance

The Birth of Big Hit Dances

Yoona’s persistence

Girls’ Generation are good friends with each other even before debut. Yoona commented, “We knew of each other before debut and understand each other really well as members.” It is because Girls’ Generation gets along so well with each other that their dance performances are in synch. However, they also have their conflicts with each other during dance practice.

“The members are good friends with each other, but even now, our opinions over the dance choreography have conflicted. However, since everybody has good intentions, I think it’s good to voice our opinions like this and it’s important to consolidate those opinions to become Girls’ Generation,” Yoona spoke on their persistence.

Jessica’s thoughts

When you think of dance with Girls’ Generation Hyoyeon first comes to mind. Nicknamed the Dancing Queen, her abilities are for certain. However, Jessica does not lose to Hyoyeon as well. In order to show a stellar dance performance, Jessica also asks the members for constructive criticisms during practice.

Jessica explained, “Members contribute their opinions on Girls’ Generation’s concept and how to show a good appearance for this song and the like. At first it was confusing, but we’ve grown accustomed to bouncing ideas between members and coming as a whole together,” on tackling dance formation with all the members.

It’s because they had a rough training period

Korean idols have a strict training period of singing, dancing, and a mountain of other things they need to do. Girls’ Generation also endured strict practices. The longest time among the members that were trainees was Sunny at 9 years and even the shortest time, Tiffany, spent 3 long years as trainee. Taeyeon, who says she is the weakest at dancing, holds a past of not being able to endure the training and left for home once. In contrast, Yuri, who won the first SM Best Youth Dance Contest before becoming a trainee, is skilled in dance.

The members’ trainee period, experience, and abilities are all different from each other.

The origins of a big hit

In July 2007, at the time they debuted with the single, “Into the New World,” all the members were high school students. Now their sexy dances with beautiful legs are popular, but they appealed to the fans with their teenage lively energetic choreography for “Into the New World.”

It is said among the fans that the choreography for “Into the New World” is their most intense and difficult one among Girls’ Generation songs. The dances of their next releases, “Girls’ Generation,” “Oh,” and others are all big hits. The number of fans that want to copy the girls’ cute and sexy dances continues to increase.

Rebellious dance to guitar dance?

In their album, “Girls’ Generation” that was released in November 2007, the also included a variety of dances besides their cute and sexy dances. The fans looked forward to the variety of dances that Girls’ Generation would show in the album, “Girls’ Generation”, such as the cute doll dance where they moved and had expressions like a real doll, or a rebellious dance that moved like a selfish and spoiled kid, and guitar dance where as if they were really actually strumming a guitar.

Girls’ Generation, who danced a variety of dances, said proudly, “ We showed an 80’s style dance in “Girls’ Generation, but since we plan to change the composition little by little on stage from now, please look forward to it.”

The dance move has the letter “g”?!

“Gee,” which was released in January 2009 and a song about a girl who falls in love for the first time, was a big hit in Korea and created the Gee Syndrome.

The dance that appealed to the male heart was immensely popular among the fans, who said it was cute and wanted to copy the dance. There is a movement where the legs open and close while moving left and right and since it looked like a crab, it was called the crab dance among the fans. Also, the part of the chorus where they sing “gee gee gee gee,” they use their finger to write out a lower case “g.”

Dancing even in CMs!

Girls’ Generation is also quite active in CMs.

One of the CMs that Girls’ Generation appeared in is Samyang Foods’ “Samyang Ramen” CM. In order to show the appeal of Samyang Ramen to 10-20 year olds, we chose Girls’ Generation to be our spokespersons. Girls’ Generation’s bright and lively image fits perfectly with our product concept,” explained a representative of Samyang Foods. The choreography as if they are eating ramen is different flavor from their usual sexy choreography. Also, the fans call the CM song the spinney song and the dance the spinney dance.

The choreographer for Girls’ Generation is actually Japanese!

“Genie –Tell Me Your Wish-“ was a mini album that was released in June 2009. The choreographer in charge was a Japanese person named Nakasone Rino.

Nakasone Rino is a 33 year old from Okinawa. She left to America at 19 and is currently a professional dancer teaching dance in America. She was also the choreographer in charge for other groups such as Girls’ Generation senior, BoA, and f(x). The choreography’s main point is the movement of the arms and legs and Girls’ Generation’s exceptional style and perfectly matched formation stands out. Furthermore, from that leg movement, the fans call it the hacky sack dance and beautiful leg dance.

The one who gives the commands is… Taeyeon!

When dancing, it is difficult to perfectly synch 9 people. Therefore, when the girls are not in synch with each other, they call it out.

By calling it out during the dance, the 9 members of Girls’ Generation can match up their movements. The one who calls out those orders is the member who has a strong sense of responsibility, Taeyeon. Taeyeon is the one who commands to the girls, “1, 2, 3!” in the music video of “Oh!” an album released in January 2010.

However, there are times when the youngest member, Seohyun, is the one who gives out orders. Without any regard to age difference, she voices it over while they dance.

Transmitting a view of a dance practice!

The dance only version video of “Oh!” that was released in January 2010, was shown to the public on the video specialty site, Youtube, and recorded the most hits.

The video amazingly reached 273,173 views in one day. In the video, Girls’ Generation were dancing wearing super short jackets with enamel pink knee high boots. Moreover, this wasn’t at a concert, but real video of them dancing in a normal dance practice room. In a casual and cozy atmosphere, their dancing form is fresh and different from the usual dance shown on stage.

Provocative Dance!

The album, “Run Devil Run,” that was released in March 2010 is a complete change of Girls’ Generation image up to now. Furthermore, in sexy clothes, the focus is on the devilish Girls’ Generation dance. In “Run Devil Run’s” PV, wearing black and white tight fitting clothes, the girls show a sexy dance that matches the rock tune of the song.

For the song’s theme of warning a bad boy, one can see the scheming in the dance’s choreography. In the middle of the dance, they also took a part of Korean figure skater, Kim Yuna’s performance. The dance matched with the “007” theme at the Olympics.

Sense of rivalry

It can be said that all Korean idols dancing is good. Before Girls’ Generation, idol groups like Kara and Wonder Girls have strength in dance. Even always perfectly in-synch Girls’ Generation puts in effort everyday in order not to lose.

Aired in April 2010, on MBC’s variety show, “Star Dance Battle,” starting with Girls’ Generation, other idol groups like 2pm had a battle against each other. Girls’ Generation’s Yuri, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, and Yoona performed a powerful sexy dance, but After School defeated them.

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

Thank you arghninja for translating and updating before you leave us for your vacation, hope you have fun and stay safe wherever it is you're going. Wow every trend the girls come out with is a hit with fans and hope it continue to be that way. Girls making history being first female idol group to be on the cover of that CeCi magazine and having so many pages (20) on them, that's insane and I love it. I love that they always have different concept for every album they release so far and I can't wait to see what's the next concept going to be. Whatever it's going to be I'm sure it's going to be another hit with the crowd. Seriously their hard training is well worth it, because of that look where they're at now on top of the world (almost). World domination is still in their sight, Sones are with them all the way me included. Good book and thanks again ssf :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ferin Ferin
  • Donors
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

^_^ That's Ok! To me, their dance was awesome and so entertain..So, good job Girls! :thumbsup: Thanks for the flashback! Reading this memoirs, really make me know more about them.. COOL! ;)

power9.jpg

영원히

chesnoOt chesnoOt
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

@arghninja Thank you sooo much for the translations.. I enjoyed reading it. I learn so much about SNSD by reading the memoirs!! Thank u soo much!!

Tiffany-TaeNy-Taeyeon

Follow me:

Twitter

Tumblr

mi-old mi-old
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

I always thought that Jessica was the one who trained the longest and Sunny the shortest. LOL. Turns out Sunny was the one who trained the longest! I'm so proud of these girls! They've been working really hard! SNSD jjang!! :thumbup:

Posted Image

kittyyul kittyyul
  • Donors
  • 588 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

Thank you for the translation!

Our girls are fashionistas indeed. Their fashion is adored by many people.
And their dance steps is very attractive and in-sync as they are one.
The bond that they have made them in-sync without much troubles.

The juries in "Star Dance Battle" at that time almost all were females.
Our girls were dancing intensely and charismatically. I don't like the
fact that they lose to After School.

Thommas Thommas
  • Donors
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:22 AM

Soshi defeated by After School ?

That's interesting ... ! I'll have to make my own opinion after watching this.

Thank you very much for this update, as I'm all new SONE, I need to catch up with many previous events as regards Soshi.

OMG The Ramen Dance is sooooo cute :wub: , I already knew the song because they remixed Bubble Bobble, but I did not see the dance move in the making of !
Thanks !

global-generation-france-logo.png

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:42 AM

Yay! Thanks!
To me, Soshi wins. :D The amount of hard work they put in amazes me. I feel the urgent need to be as hardworking as them.
I find the RDR gunshot movement really superb. I think it's great that they incorporated this in support of Kim Yuna. :D

Looking forward to the next one! Hwaiting!
Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

thtl11 thtl11
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:15 AM

Thank you for the translated article.. Te article s about the history of SNSD's dance movements.
I like hoot and RDR dance.. :)

"When I have the opportunity, I want to perform the guitar live for my fans. Please expect that!" - Kim Taeyeon [100502]

I'm waiting!!

Soshibzzz Soshibzzz
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

seriously when i found this thread, I'm looking for Yuri part's translation sraight away! LOL
TBH i havent own the memoir cause i was in money problem but i will definitely get it no matter how..
thanks for ur big effort for translating all these! THANK YOU!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam
@  Keitaro88 (11:09:19 AM) >_> https://pbs.twimg.co...jpg&name=medium
@  kidrobot (09:44:59 PM) reeses eggs
@  bunnybelle (08:48:20 AM) <3