• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic
naeyoen naeyoen
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

thank you so much for translate it,,,,

i like tiffany since i look her,, her personality can be shown in the first time...
snsd jjang!!! snsd fighting!!!

dan4413jwfJUH dan4413jwfJUH
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

hahahahahha shes not good with babies? haha its k tiff, youre special just as you are!!! anyway, really constantly worried for her throats health, hope she stays well! "Jo In-seong of the same agency also has asked Tiffany for an autograph. The number 1 in popularity is decided with Tiffany?!" ^^ awesome stuff! nice to see how well liked she is ^^ anyway...she only started studying korean in high school??! that means if i start studying now i might be as good as her...in a few yrs?? hahaha i wish i was as hardworking as the girls...they really taught me never to give up in the face of troubles...(which i do all too easily) XP stay well tiff! you always have this SONEs luv and support!
Jes♥♥SicaPosted ImagePosted ImageThe Soshi Theory- So Nyuh Shi Dae+Sone=9+1 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Posted Image

kittyyul kittyyul
  • Donors
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

Thank you for the translation!
I love all 9 of them.
Looking forward for the next chapter!

thtl11 thtl11
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

Whoaa.. Fany fany Tiffany's chapter!!
I really love the way she smile.. xD
Waiting for the next chapter! SNSD, fighting!!

"When I have the opportunity, I want to perform the guitar live for my fans. Please expect that!" - Kim Taeyeon [100502]

I'm waiting!!

Sowannking Sowannking
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

Their Struggling until now have paid...
Their Successes is DAEBAK...
SoShi Hwaitiingg... :)
I will support you with all of my heart...
I love SoShi full...
Right Now, I'm SONE...
From Now on, I'm SONE...
Forever, I'm SONE...
It's me, Sowannking...

rachcanlubo rachcanlubo
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

You don't even know how LONG I've waited to read this. I'm actually going to buy the book (even if I don't speak ANY japanese or korean. But at least we have SONEs who can translate for us <3

TIFFANY!! TIFFANY!!
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:44 AM

hey!great job there:DD
may i know where to get this book??
it's very interesting!
it will be very popular!:D
all the best!:D

LyntSNSD LyntSNSD
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

This is so great! Ah Tiffany, my dear bias <3 It was really informative, man I found out a few more things now, thank yaas. Ohh, and I was wondering where it said that Jo In-seong asked for Fany's autograph? (If anyone knows, please tell me!) If that's true, Sunny must be jeaaaalous :P lol, anyways, great chapter, looking forward to more :D
Posted Image

sone_0508 sone_0508
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:45 AM

Thank you so much for the translation! Love Tiffany unnnie (my bias) so much! This book is really interesting. Waiting for the next chapter!

leganda leganda
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:02 AM

Thanks for the translation! Get to know much more about Jessica! She's always so funny especially about the falling asleep in bathtub haha! Epic!

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

@Tiffany!!: You can get the book at YesAsia or CD Japan, or Amazon Japan.

But be warned to anybody who gets the book, it is mostly text. Pages and pages of text.

But that's what this translation is for, right? Hahaha...... ._.

Anyway, the rest of book is about Girls' Generation as a whole and all their funny, sad, scary, and heart-warming moments!

Chapter 3

Part 1

Girls’ Generation touching stories

The nine brilliant girls who debuted

As S.M. Entertainment’s treasured kids, Girls’ Generation accomplished their striking debut on August 2nd, 2007.

The day before their debut, they continuously played the music video of their single, “Into the New World,” every day and the girls themselves jumped from station to station. Moreover, they had vigorous activities, such as appearing at various music events and at a professional baseball game between the Doosan Bears vs. the Kia Tigers where Yuri and Sooyoung opened the game.

That was well worth it as their debut song, “Into the New World,” was played on air for a total of 247 times on T.V. and radio in the 5th week of August (Aug. 27th – Sept. 02) and on the comprehensive weekly chart, they were decorated with an impressive number one. Also, for a tally on a portal site, they were number one for 7 days straight as the most looked up singer in Korea; they surged to the top that teenagers took interest in.

It is not only the level of attention they got. The girls’ CD, “Into the New World,” recorded the highest sales for a new artist within the month of August and won August’s Digital Music Award for the New Artist Award organized by Korea’s top SNS (Social Networking Site), “Cyworld.”

After debuting for 2 months in October, “Into the New World” finally reached the top of the 100th show of music channel M.net’s “M.Countdown!” For the girls, this is their first time getting number one on a music program. Incidentally, that day, the members all gathered at the dorm and shared the happiness, throwing a yakiniku party with the staff.

In November, they released their album, “Girls’ Generation.” The title track, “Girls’ Generation,” is a remake of Lee Seung-cheol’s hit song. On KBS2 TV, “Music Bank,” they appeared together with Lee Seung-cheol, increased their popularity even more, and ranked number 1 in the 3rd week of November (Nov. 12th – Nov. 18th) on the weekly charts.

The girls’ rivals were JYP Entertainment’s popular girl group, Wonder Girls. With “Into the New World’s” ‘hello dance,’ group of the times, Girls’ Generation and with “Tell me’s” ‘twisting dance’ by the explosively popular Wonder Girls, they were compared to each other as the same girl group. And then Girls’ Generation showed their ‘doll dance’ for “Girls’ Generation” and Wonder Girls showed their ‘fan genie dance’ for “I Babo.” Together with Wonder Girls, Girls’ Generation became the group of pulling in the girl group world.

Participating in charity activities

One of the reasons the girls are loved by their country is their positive participation in charity activities.

In December 2007, it was announced that Girls’ Generation gave 1,000,000 won (Approx. 73,000 yen) worth of uniforms to a home where disadvantaged boys and girls were living. They negotiated with Elite Uniforms, who they were modeling for, and were able to receive the donation for it.

Also in December of that year, Girls’ Generation, along with Kim Jong-seo, Kim Jang-hoon, Super Junior, and 14 other groups, announced the album “Light.” The all profits from this album will be donated to disadvantaged people.

Furthermore, in a product collaboration between Girls’ Generation and Family Mart, one part of the sales made from “Girls’ Generation Rice Ball” will be donated to social welfare committees. And in the 3800 Family Mart located throughout the country, it sold 200,000 pieces in one month and was able to donate 1,000,000 (Approx. 73,000 yen) to Myeongjeong Children Welfare Center. The fans applauded them as the members said, “We’re really happy to be able to participate in such a meaningful event through ‘Girls’ Generation Rice Ball.’”

In April of 2008, they took part in the 2008 World Youth Volunteer Week Anniversary and carried out volunteer activities with about 50 other youths.

For the Happy Energy Campaign, to improve the problem of Ethiopia’s daily use water, Girls’ Generation started fundraising activities in June 2009. “Just like when Ethiopia helped us during the Korean War, this time we want to lend our strength to Ethiopia,” they mentioned as their motivation for participating. Since this campaign, it is said that the number of youths that participate in charities have increased in a positive way.

In December of this year, the members put up the costumes they wore in “Genie –Tell Me Your Wish’s” music video for a charity auction intended to donate all proceeds. Yoona’s personally autographed skirt went for 2,010,000 won (Approx. 146,000 yen), Tiffany’s shirt sold for 1,010,000 won (Approx. 73,000 yen), Seohyun’s Capri’s and Sooyoung’s belt went for 945,000 won (Approx. 69,000 yen) and 456,000 won (Approx. 33,000 yen) respectively.

If Girls’ Generation puts in this much of their effort in charity activities, then the girls’ fans will naturally start to volunteer as well. In 2010, on Tiffany’s birthday of August 1st, Girls’ Generation volunteer fan group donated a large amount in Tiffany’s name.

Girls’ Generation friendship record

Graduating from S.M. Entertainment’s trainees, Girls’ Generation is loved by their friends and seniors from their trainee days to their debut.

When they have not debuted yet and were still trainees, Tohoshinki’s Yunho gave them advice, “Value teamwork. When a problem occurs, discuss it thoroughly.” Also, BoA, who is like an older sister and adored by the members, told them, “Don’t be nervous.”

Around the time when they were called the female Super Junior, Girls’ Generation also received advice from Super Junior personally. Not only did they learn from Super Junior the know-how on stage and on T.V., they also learned how important it is to have conversation between each other and to have a considerate heart for fellow members.

They also have a connection with the girl group, Wonder Girls. Debuting only two months after, both have appeared together in front of an audience over 10,000 people. Even after that, they have been compared to each other over various things that rival composition was created.

So then, what do Wonder Girls really think about Girls’ Generation?

In June 2008, during the recording of “The Star Show” that Wonder Girls appeared on, the MC, Park Suhong, asked them, “What do you think about Girls’ Generation?” “Girls’ Generation is a good rival. If Girls’ Generation is on the news, it becomes a Wonder Girls topic too, so it’s like becoming an advertisement,” they laughed. Among them Sun Mi really likes Girls’ Generation and revealed, “Girls’ Generation is really refreshing and charming. I especially like Taeyeon-unnie.” Even if they are rivals, Girls’ Generation is also loved.

Moreover, celebrities who state they are Girls’ Generation fans are not small.

Kim Seung-soo, who played an enthusiastic performance as Prince Daeso in ‘Jumong,’ said on MBC’s popular variety program, ‘Come to Play,’ “Since Girls’ Generation is on a break, I’m depressed.” In March 2009, on SBS’s music program, ‘Kim Jung-eun’s Chocolate,’ Hwang Jung-min, a well known actor in movies like, ‘Blades of Blood’ and ‘Private Eye,’ replied, “Girls’ Generation. Especially Yoona,” when asked by the MC, Kim Jung-eun, “Which female celebrity do you want to meet?” It was reported that right before his 100 day break, enlisted Kim Jeong-hoon confessed to his friend, “After joining the military, I’ve come to like Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon.”

While receiving all this kind of support from many artists, Girls’ Generation have been able to walk step by step on this journey so far.

Dashing out to the world, Girls’ Generation

Debuting in 2007, Girls’ Generation has also suddenly become popular in Thailand. A sign of their popularity can be seen with a video uploaded to an online video site. On the video site, there is a video uploaded that shows a group of Thai girls doing the complete dance to Girls’ Generation’s debut song, “Into the New World.”

Tohoshinki and Super Junior also have already done activities in Thailand and representing Korea’s girl group, Girls’ Generation also grew popular. Fans who copy their performance appear one after another.

The following year in April, the girls’ album, “Girls’ Generation,” was released in Thailand. In June, the recorded song, “Kissing You,” on “Girls’ Generation” was number 1 on Thailand’s hit chart on the music channel, MTV, for 3 straight weeks (from May 10th to May 30th). At that time, the girls had not done a Thai concert yet.

In September 2008, SM Town Live 2008 Asia Tour was held. SM Town is a music event where artists from S.M. Entertainment gather and this year was the first time they had a performance overseas. In 2008, they had performances in Seoul, Shanghai, and Bangkok and of course Girls’ Generation, Tohoshinki, Super Junior, SHINee, and others all appeared.

In 2009, because of Tohoshinki’s disbandment troubles, SM Town was on indefinite postponement (in reality, called off), but in 2010, to let out all that power that gathered during that time SM Town Live 2010 World Tour was held. Starting in Seoul, they had concerts at Asia’s major cities, such as Los Angeles, Shanghai, and Tokyo and it was a big success. Along with other S.M. Entertainment artists, like Kangta, BoA, U-Know, MAX, Super Junior, SHINee, f(x), and TRAX, Girls’ Generation performed enthusiastically in front of their Asia fans.

In June 2010, they announced that Girls’ Generation would finally advance to Japan. “Our Japanese debut single will be released in September. After that, we plan to promote while going back and forth between Japan and Korea,” the girls explained.

From the beginning of their debut, they set forth their target, “If we become popular in Korea, next, we want to go out to Asia or the whole world. Of course, we want to be recognized in dancing and singing, but also in other various fields, like acting, MCing, and DJing.” The girls’ dreams are coming true.

Things that let the girls grow

Girls’ Generation has stood on many stages and through those stages they were able to grow. In this corner, let’s chase after the girls’ stages.

The first time one of their performances made big headlines was four months after their debut during an event with a co-performance with the Wonder Girls in November of 2007. In a special opening invitational exhibition before the super match, Federer and Sampras, emperors of new and old tennis, had a showdown, and gave over 10,000 fans something to go wild about. As a ‘Wonder Girls vs Girls’ Generation Super Match,’ this performance became K-pop’s epic making historical event.

Entering 2008, they appeared on big live stages one after another, like the Love and Hope Concert, White Love Concert, and Dream Concert. From August, they also appeared on stages overseas, like Shanghai and Bangkok for SM Town Live 2008 which started in Seoul.

For the Asia Song Festival 2008 that occurred in October, they performed on stage with other foreign artists, like Taiwan’s Fahrenheit and Japan’s Berryz Koubou, and broadened their outlook. From around this time, the girls became even more aware of the world.

Taking a break doing music promotions for awhile as a group in 2009, they did not stand on major stages all together, but they each did activities in their specialty fields, such as singing, acting, or MCing; saving their strength.

In August 2010, with the DVD, “Arrival of SNSD Japan Commemorative Edition ~ New Beginning of Girls’ Generation,” Girls’ Generation advanced to Japan. Roughly 22,000 fans rushed to Ariake Coliseum.

And not having any time to take a breath, participating in SM Town 2010 World Tour concert, the girls flew to America. At the Los Angeles concert, the girls performed their song and dance in front of about 15,000 people. With the pressure of performing on this stage in front of an audience that was over 70% non-Korean, the group that received the most applause was, of course, the girls.

A revealing tearful episode

Valuing abilities and looks from childhood times, the members of Girls’ Generation already left their parent’s home and lived together in dorms since training times. The girls continue even now to still live together in a dorm, but do they not miss their families as well?

That time actually happened in 2009 on SBS’s popular music program, “Kim Jung-eun Chocolate,” where all members appeared on the show.

At the beginning of the show, they sang, “Genie –Tell Me Your Wish,” and then a talk corner with a plan of having the audience ask for wishes from the members. One of the requesters that appeared was a female wearing a mask to hide her face. “My daughter is around the same as you guys. However, since she is unfriendly, please be a model for my daughter,” requested the woman and Sunny and Seohyun accepted the request with a smile.

The woman also had one more wish and wanted her daughter to hear the letter she wrote personally. When MC Kim Jung-eun started reading the letter in her place, Taeyeon promptly chimed in.

“Among us, the word “mother” is forbidden. Please stop reading [the letter].”

The girls, who have grown up in the dorms since little, normally avoided talk about family and mothers. In order not to be lonely or sad, it is a Girls’ Generation rule. Furthermore, it is possible that Taeyeon wanted to stop the reading because she was anxious over Tiffany, who does not have a mother.

However, Kim Jung-eun continued reading the letter. And after she was finished reading letter, at the same time, the requester who had her face hidden by the mask was strongly embracing a tearful Seohyun.

Yes, the requester is actually Seohyun’s mother. When she realized it was her own mother, Seohyun rushed to her mom while crying. All the other members broke down crying in their seats and hugged each other.

At the end, Seohyun’s mother thanked the other members, “Thank you for always loving my only daughter like she is younger sister. I think of all of you as my daughters and support you.”

Usually always with bright smiles; with their feelings of being separated from their families, this was brief moment where you can see their feelings of taking care of each other.

Girls’ Generation’s charms are?

Girls’ Generation stands at the top of female dance groups. As it is known, the girls’ activities just does not stop at singing and dancing. Naturally beautiful and with bright characters, their active roles continue to grow as they are chosen to be CM models, be appointed for event PRs, and more. From debut to Girls’ Generation now, let’s check out the activities they have done to become national idols as a group.

2 months after their debut in November 2007, Girls’ Generation quickly launched a unique hit. In collaboration with Family Mart, donations from a portion of the proceeds from “Girls’ Generation Rice Ball” gathered attention and a total of 2,000,000 pieces were sold in 3800 locations of Family Mart across the nation.

In March 2008, it became big news that they were the models for Yukyung Technologies’s portable multimedia player, Viliv. The streets of Korea were painted in Girls’ Generation with advertisements wrapped around buses and of course T.V. CMs and street posters.

With this CM, the girls’ cute looks were once again appraised by teenagers and taking that in, a photo book was released. The photo books were organized into 3 volumes called “Houkago (After School) 5 P.M.;” starting with Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun making an appearance in “Dokidoki (Heart Pounding) Date,” and continued with Jessica, Yuri, and Sooyoung in “Popular School Girls,” and Yoona, Sunny, and Tiffany in “Come Play at My House.”

That same year, they were appointed as models for “Mabinogi,” an online game also well known in Japan. In August, the game’s title song sang by Tiffany, Jessica, and Seohyun, “Mabinogi (It’s Fantastic!),” was released through music portal sites, such as Soribada, Melon, and Jukeon. As a result of that, internet lovers, Netizens, became fans of the girls.

Furthermore, in July 2009, all the members graced the cover of fashion magazine, “Ceci.” It was the first time in Korea that a female group made it to the cover of a fashion magazine; proof that they even grab attention in the fashion world.

In December 2009, at MBC Entertainment Awards, Girls’ Generation won the big prize for acting. Not only in singing, they are also recognized for T.V. dramas and radio.

From 2009 to 2010, along with Super Junior, they had a big promotion as Seoul’s tourism ambassadors. They were very popular among the tourists who visited Korea from all over the world.

Next week: Part 2!

Start of chapter 3 marks the halfway point, so a thanks for those who have been reading up to now. ^^

SNSD Prince Charming SNSD Prince Charming
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

the girls are really becoming a big part of society and role models too many. We may think that they only sing, dance and perform; but they do alot of stuff, and most of them humanitarian. I think the girls should get an award or some type of recognition for that. But I guess it's part of their being humble, and just continuing the good things that they do. They never ask anything for return, but they are indeed blessed with the support they get from the people. SNSD Hwaiting! ^^

소 녀 시 대

Prince Charming

Posted Image

nicolee nicolee
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1679 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

reading this makes think "wow i'm really proud to be a SONE because having and knowing these 9 unique girls is one of the best gift a SONE like me could ever have"

thanks for translating the first part.. can't wait for part 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3178 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

Such a long chapter, but it includes so many great memories. I'm glad they mentioned that episode of Chocolate, cause it's such a powerful emotional episode. Everytime I watch it, I tear up. Really, anytime I see Tiffany on a show that mention mothers in any way, I get this terrible, sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I can't help but feel for her. They did mention a lot of brighter things though, like their charity work and friendliness with the Wonder Girls. I think what was a nice tough was that they mentioned the beginning of Girls' Generation, and then transitioned into how the girls are now traveling to perform all over the world. From small beginnings they worked really hard to make performances in Bangkok, Shanghai, Los Angeles and more possible. It's really amazing what they've managed to accomplish, and it's great to be reminded of the very beginning at the same time. Thanks for the translation! I'm looking forward to the second part!

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

kittyyul kittyyul
  • Donors
  • 588 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

This memoirs making me love the girls even more.
Become a S♥NE is the best thing that happened to me.
They become my models in almost every aspect of life.
Their friendship, determination, their kind heart working for charity,
their hardworking and humble personality and many more had inspired me.

Thank you for this story.I'm looking forward for the next chapter.

Edited by szaida, 12 July 2011 - 11:10 PM.

jenshreom jenshreom
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

I think this is my first time commenting on this thread..FAIL.) <---- Don't mind this..

First of all, thanks for translating that EPIC book.. :P

After reading all of this.. I just came to my senses.. I am really fortunate because I've been a part of this era..
Girls' Generation really is a very good role model in all aspects I could think of..

They are so jjang!!

Drowning on the Pink Ocean

yonglinz yonglinz
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

you're so awesome. translating is seriously a tough job, yet you're doing this with no other intentions except for promoting girls generation. thanks arghninja!

SUNYEON SHIPPER
"They say 'Lucky Number 7' but Lucky Number 9 has been ingrained in my head. My lucky number is 9." - Tiffany

ty9soshi ty9soshi
  • Donors
  • 2061 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

When they have not debuted yet and were still trainees, Tohoshinki’s Yunho gave them advice, “Value teamwork. When a problem occurs, discuss it thoroughly.” Also, BoA, who is like an older sister and adored by the members, told them, “Don’t be nervous.”

Around the time when they were called the female Super Junior, Girls’ Generation also received advice from Super Junior personally. Not only did they learn from Super Junior the know-how on stage and on T.V., they also learned how important it is to have conversation between each other and to have a considerate heart for fellow members.

because of the good advices of Tohoshinki’s Yunho + Boa + Super Junior = SOSHI bond that we loved

thank you so much for taking your precious time to translate these chapter.
looking forward for the next release^^

sasayaita sasayaita
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

lol at how before they upped some of the member's heights. :D All of the girls seems so lovable.

thank you so much for translating the chapters so far!

Posted Image Posted Image

icequeen1188 icequeen1188
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:11 AM

That was a good read! Thanks so much for translating. It brought me back to memory lane. I can't ever be not proud of my girls :) reading things like these remind me of why I love them and why they deserve to be loved.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run