[BOOK] Girls' Generation MemoirsCompleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic
mαxwell mαxwell
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

Wow this is really great.. I really enjoy reading this thread.. Thanks for translating! Keep up the great great work :D looking forward to read tiffany's part woohoo :D :)

tiffany.gif

Cosmonaut Cosmonaut
  • Donors
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

Thank you so much! Man, I love all the SSF translated goodies, makes my life so much eaiser ^^~ Learned a lot about the members who didn't debut that I didn't know before :)

nukem384 nukem384
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

thank you so much for the translation of this book! what a great read to learn about the roots of the girls!

iSha-san iSha-san
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:03 AM

arigatou for posting~~~ :unworthy:
wah, there are many things i didnt know bout Hyoyeon...

arent we all glad she didnt quit SOshi :thumbsup:
i would not be the same without the dancing queen~~~!!!

Hyoyeon fighting!!

SNSDRLS SNSDRLS
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:13 AM

aww, Hyo I love you!! you are like the leader at the dorm! no wonder in one of the talk show, everyone agreed that Hyo is protecting SNSD ^^ yay for dancing queen ^^

cake_is_jjang cake_is_jjang
  • Donors
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

Nine years sounds brutal. The fact that she could keep at it PROVES that she's a hard worker.

Cinwei Cinwei
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

Woah.. Never had a though that Hyo Yeon has such personalities..
I only know that she's witty, but her past was really tough..
Her efforts really worth what she have now..
Glad she's not quitting Girls' Generation, they're not complete without 9..

OMG!!! Can't wait for the final member!!
My love, my heart, my Fany Fany Tiffany!!

Posted Image Posted Image
cr. tifflebear

소녀시대 때문에,소원 가 있다..
소원 때문에,소녀시대 가 있다..

thtl11 thtl11
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:48 AM

Woaa.. SNSD's Dancing Queen!
I love her personalities. Not only for her, i love every member's personalities.
I never know that she wanted to quit from Girls' Generation. I'm happy that she's not quitting the girls.
It is not SNSD, if there is only 8 members without Hyoyeon unnie.

Kyaa.. I'm waiting for the final member.
Tiffany!! xD

"When I have the opportunity, I want to perform the guitar live for my fans. Please expect that!" - Kim Taeyeon [100502]

I'm waiting!!

naeyoen naeyoen
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

thank you very much for translate all .. I really like all of their personality. they are very professional. they can look very different when they're performing on stage and daily life. when on stage they can be very visible perfect flawless, elegant and sexy, hot and makes people very high regard them. relation to daily living, they are very visible friendly, humble, cute, funny and dorky. love them just the way they are. they are a great artist who can distinguish when it should work and when to joke

and i still wait to know more about Tiffany arrgghhhhh ...... ......

Kimchi-uk Kimchi-uk
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hyoyeon <3
I love this girl and how she dresses! I'm my opinion I think she looks the best when they are doing tv shows. It's a shame the stylists and producers don't give her enuff attention during their MVs
She looks angelic in the Echo video, shame they stuck her right towards the end.

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

After a hectic week of staffing at Anime Expo, this wraps up Chapter 2 with the last member, brighter than mushrooms gems, Fany Fany Tiffany! But that doesn't mean this is the end of the book! There are still 4 more chapters to go! o.0 The rest of the book is about SNSD as a whole and their brightest, silliest, and touching moments.

Tiffany
Members also acknowledge her popularity

Name: Stephanie Hwang
Birthdate: August 1th, 1989
Height/Bloodtype: 162.5cm/O
Hobby: Watching movies, listening to music
Education: Korea Kent Foreign School
Specialty: English, Flute, Singing
Strong point: Kind and always does her best
Weak point: Poor with Korean

Vocal cord nodules and leg injuries. Bad luck!

In 2009, Tiffany complained of pain and her throat feeling abnormal, so she took a break from recording her MC duties on the music program, “Show! Music Core.”

Her agency, S.M. Entertainment announced, “She received medical treatment just about a week ago, but because it hasn’t healed completely, she will be taking a break just this time. Next week, she will return to her MC duties as normal.”

After that, her condition was identified as vocal cord nodules. Vocal cord nodules occur in occupations where the voice is often used, especially for a singer. Tiffany is also cursed with being such a hard worker that it caused her throat to hurt. And after finishing the medical treatment, Tiffany returned to the show safely.

However, that was not Tiffany’s only misfortune. At the Baek Sang Arts Awards Ceremony, in the middle of singing a song, she injured her leg. During the recording of “Show! Music Core” the next day, Tiffany appeared in a cast. Amidst the worries of the fans, the agency explained, “The bone is not broken. We are taking extra care, so we put on the cast.” Tiffany continues to stand even if misfortunes fall upon her, like vocal cord nodules and injuring her leg, making fans worry.

After finishing the recording, Tiffany flew to Japan for work, even while wearing the cast.

Girls’ Generation is cake and desserts

Each of the 9 members in Girls’ Generation has their own personality. Besides group activities, each member has their own various activities they do, like singing, radio, or dancing.

Among them, Tiffany’s activities stand out. Including her solo activities with her characteristic singing voice, she was the MC for “Sonyeon Sonyeo Gayo Baekseo” in 2007 and “Show! Music Core” from 2009.

And during an interview, Tiffany said this about Girls’ Generation: “I think the members of Girls’ Generation are like fruits and sweets. Every single one has a different shape and taste. Because each member has their own activities and if the members were fruits, I think even eating them separately, it would be delicious.”

Tiffany expressed the members’ individual activities as fruits.

Laughing, “The members are ingredients and when making a cake or dessert, it becomes Girls’ Generation,” showing a great power when all the members gather together.

Also, “I want to keep showing the fans that Girls’ Generation cake’s sweet charm,” she pledged, offering an unchanging performance for the fans from now and beyond.

Excellent at English, but poor at Korean?

Korean-American Tiffany and Jessica’s specialty is English.

Sooyoung constantly reveals, “I’m jealous that Tiffany speaks English so well.” Sooyoung is envious of Tiffany’s English speaking capabilities, but on the other hand, she is teased by the other members for not being able to speak Korean well.

Also Korean-American, Jessica, started studying Korean at 12 years old. On the other hand, Tiffany started studying Korean when she was a high school student.

Even on KBS variety show, “Hello Baby,” she is often teased by the other members with her not-so-perfect Korean. However, Tiffany has been studying Korean with all her might and, now, her Korean have become much better than when she first started. She is truly a hard worker.

Girls’ Generation even debuted in Japan. Right now all members are currently studying Japanese. Tiffany not only has to study Korean, but also study Japanese well, making her more and more busy.

Tiffany’s charm that the members acknowledge

With a style that anybody is jealous of, Girls’ Generation charms the fans. Especially, their slim and long beautiful leg dance is the highlight.

And on a survey carried out on a community site, Tiffany shined as number 1 as the female artist who has the most attractive thighs. She had an overwhelming support of 4,755 votes out of 11,657 gathered.

There were many fans who voted commented, “Tiffany’s cute face and sexy body has capture the hearts of male fans.”

Furthermore, the exceptionally stylish Girls’ Generation members also acknowledged Tiffany’s charms, “Tiffany is the most popular among male celebrities.”

The reason is “because Tiffany is the only member who was asked for an autograph by male celebrities.” Tiffany, herself, also admitted to that fact, “I was asked for an autograph from Chun Jung-myung. I couldn’t believe it at first.”

By the way, Chun Jung-myung is not the only person who requested an autograph from Tiffany. Jo In-seong of the same agency also has asked Tiffany for an autograph. The number 1 in popularity is decided with Tiffany?!

Lead vocalist also had lots of solo activities

Tiffany is a Korean-American who was born in Los Angeles, USA.

In October 2004, when Tiffany was singing on stage at a Korean festival held in Los Angeles, coincidentally a staff from S.M. Entertainment saw it, scouted her, and Tiffany became plunged into this world.

And after, as expected of Tiffany whose skill in singing was recognized and scouted, she also did solo activities.

Tiffany participated in the original soundtrack of the drama that aired on SBS, “Jamyeonggo,” and sang the solo song, “Be Myself.” The drama was not necessarily a big hit, but Tiffany’s song brought attention.

Also, she did a duet with K.Will singing “A Girl, Meets Love.” At that time, Tiffany said happily, “Since debut, this is the first time I’ve sung a song with somebody else that is not a member, so I’m nervous, but because K.Will-senpai is a great singer, I’m really happy to be able to have a duet together.” Furthermore, Tiffany boasted proudly, “I hope a lot of people will love this song for a long time.” Each member of Girls’ Generation is very good at singing. Among them, lead vocal, Tiffany’s skill is also acknowledged by the members.

Studying through “Tonari no Totoro” (My Neighbor, Totoro)

After debuting in Japan, the thing that bothers the girls most is the wall of words. “If we are able to communicate through more words, we would have more confidence and we can also appeal ourselves more,” so currently, all members are in the middle of studying Japanese.

Holding American citizenship, Tiffany is excellent in English, but knows next to nothing for Japanese. However, thanks to Sooyoung, interest about Japan grew. “Sooyoung taught me a lot about Japan. Because of that chance, I have an interest in Japan,” Tiffany said, looking up to Sooyoung, who is skilled in Japanse.

“Sooyoung is great with Japanese. Not only that, her speaking power in making people laugh is outstanding. I also want to become an interesting person like Sooyoung.”

Tiffany studies Japanese through “Tonari no Totoro.” Tiffany, who loves Director Miyazaki Hayao’s works, said, “I study by watching anime. I’m still a beginner, but I’ve slowly come to understand the solo lines. I watch it on repeat countless of times.” She studies Japanese through Studio Ghibli’s films.

In the close future, not only Japan, but Girls’ Generation may also advance to English-speaking countries. Tiffany, who can speak English fluently, would not even need to study.

Tiffany’s weak point is kids?

Girls’ Generation suddenly became mothers?

Girls’ Generation members directly visited families with special circumstances, such as college students, dual income families, celebrity husband and wife, and multinational families, and looking after a child in one day, the members of Girls’ Generation appeared as regulars in the childcare experience variety show, “Hello Baby.”

On “Hello Baby,” the members played the role of mothers every time and tried to connect with children, but only Tiffany’s behavior changed. While the other members were having fun with the baby, they played with the toys, but there were many times Tiffany kept her distance from the other members.

Tiffany is actually poor with kids. Bright and reliable Tiffany’s strong point is taking care of the other members, but is not good in taking care of babies.

Girls’ Generation’s kind seniors and close juniors

Girls’ Generation agency, S.M. Entertainment, is Korea’s industry leader in entertainment production and has various groups and musicians under them.

For Girls’ Generation, their seniors include BoA, Tohoshinki, and Super Junior. Among them, Tohoshinki are important seniors who encouraged them at every opportunity since their trainee days and leader Yunho taught all the members of Girls’ Generation the importance of teamwork. Even after debuting, Girls’ Generation, who adores Tohoshinki as their seniors, was in charge of the insert song of Yunho’s drama, “No Limit ~ Heading to the Ground.” Taeyeon said with great happiness, “It would be great to help Yunho-senpai’s drama shine through our song.”

For their juniors, there is Jessica’s younger sister, Krystal, who is a member of f(x) and the 5 member guy group, SHINee. SHINee has a close relationship with Girls’ Generation to the extent that they even appeared as guests in Girls’ Generation’s concert. Even among them, same aged Jessica and SHINee’s Onew are especially good friends and in the mini album, “Genie ~Tell Me Your Wish~,” they recorded a duet song, “1 Year Later,” together. Both of their skills as a singer are top class among their groups. You can hear their perfect harmony. Onew calls Jessica, “Jessica-senpai,” when in front of other people. However, they are good friends of the same age. It seems during their private time they chat without using honorifics.

Next week: Chapter 3 - SNSD Memorable Moments

nicolee nicolee
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1679 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

last but not the least our brighter than gems fany fany tiffany!!! thanks for translating!!
our tiffany is really a very hard working person her dedication to her work and activities is just superb so that is why the members are so proud of her.. :)

can't wait for next chapter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cinwei Cinwei
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:02 AM

Yaaayyyy!!!! FINALLY!!!
Tiffany's chapter!! Wohoooooo...!!! XD
I'm waiting so long for this chapter, why did she had to be the coughlastcough ?? :rolleyes:
Fany is really such a sweetheart, no wonder a lot of people admire her a lot..
She knows she's not perfect, so she always do her best in everything she did..
I'm so proud of our Fany Fany Tiffany.. :)

cr. tifflebear

소녀시대 때문에,소원 가 있다..
소원 때문에,소녀시대 가 있다..

MoonSoshi9 MoonSoshi9
  • Writers
  • 466 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

Thank you for the translation!
Fany is such a kind hearted person, you can just see it every time she smiles.
When I first was learning about SNSD Tiffany stood out to me for how much she loves the fans and really cares for her fellow members.

yuyapinky yuyapinky
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

YAY! I've been waiting for Fany's chapter to be out since ages ago D: But really,thanks for writing this up! It really reminds me of why I fall in love with her at the first sight even though I'm a girl :D Looking forward to the next chapter.Fany's korean is indeed improving these days! So proud of her for working so hard <3

icequeen1188 icequeen1188
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

Okay lol why is there so much Jessica in this? There's no avoiding Jetiiiiiii!

Thanks for translating, am looking forward to the rest!

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

Wow! Chapter 2 is completed! Great job for the past 9 weeks! :D

This chapter ends on a high with Fany unnie! :D LOL at the unlucky part. Looking back, she really does have quite a fair share of bad luck. Ironic though, as she's supposed to be 1/9th of the Goddesses of luck! But she's also so hardworking that badluck just can't stop that drive in her :)
And Fany using fruits as an example is just so sweet. :wub:
By Myself is awesome. Hope they give her another solo OST song, preferrably one from a hit show because truthfully, the only thing that comes into my mind about that show is By Myself LOL.
Erm this book is by Korea/Japan? Because they use senpai... Read the front page and it is indeed Japan.
Thank you so much again!! 4 more chapters! Memorable moments next! Can't wait!! Hwaiting! :D

Edited by Caricactures, 05 July 2011 - 01:26 AM.

Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

deemas24 deemas24
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

ALRIGHTTTT!!! My Bias's has finally been translated!! :D
Thank you soo much for your hard work!!!! It's really heartbreaking to see her injured here and there, but it just goes to show that she's one tough lady!! I really agree, Fany's Eyes, cute face and sexy body captured my heart too, i love her soo much!! i'm looking forward for her and the other Soshi to conquer the world, i really enjoyed myself reading this part (since she is my bias) LOL, again thank you for your hardwork, gamsahabnida!!
To the last 4 chapters we go!!! :thumbup:

~ We Will Never Move On, We Will Never Forget ~

Posted Image

Check My Band for some SNSD covers!!

http://www.youtube.c...ationJKT/videos

C_andicex3 C_andicex3
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

Thankyou so much for the translations! ;) I'm so looking forward to the next chapter hehe ^^*
GIRLS GENERATION FIGHTING~
Posted Image

kwonagnes kwonagnes
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

thanks for translating! ^__^ kamsahamnida!!!
omg!
Tiffany is so cool! ~ Hehee SARANGHAEYO TIFFANY I LUV YOU VERY VERY MUCH :) not only you captured your male fans, you also capture the female fans, LIKE ME!!!! ^__^

Posted Image

Do follow me on twitter and my tumblr <3
@SM0KEL0VE

http://smokeluv.tumblr.com

Kamsahamnida <3 ^___^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing
@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?