[BOOK] Girls' Generation MemoirsCompleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic
zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:30 AM

Had fun reading through Sunny memoir,thank you very much for the translation.
Looking forward to next week for Hyoyeon's.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

dan4413jwfJUH dan4413jwfJUH
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:39 AM

wow its always nice to know more about the girls... and WOW. she has worked SO hard!!! im totally inspired to pursue my dreams with as much passion as her now!! 9 years of training, ignoring numerous setbacks...and a great personality too ^^ thks sunny, for always being the life and energy in SNSD, and working so hard for your fans! on a different note, hope they all are doing well in their japan tour, wish i could be there too! T.T SNSD fighting!
Jes♥♥SicaPosted ImagePosted ImageThe Soshi Theory- So Nyuh Shi Dae+Sone=9+1 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Posted Image

HoneyRinny23 HoneyRinny23
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:45 AM

Thank you so much for the translations! Wow i love sunny now after knowing so much about her :) i should also get myself one of the books too :D (and attempt to read japanese)

soshibutler soshibutler
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:47 AM

We love Lee Soon Kyu, SUNNY! She's really meant to be part of this group. She's the smallest but the strongest among all. We'll always lover her! =)

sooyoung_ily sooyoung_ily
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

Thanks for translating! Sunny definitely got into SNSD with her hardwork and talent and we can see she really shows her best irregardless of what she does. haha it's kinda cute to see that the girls do have fun like sneaking out to amusement parks.
Proud to be a Sooyoungster.
Posted Image

Ferin Ferin
  • Donors
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

^_^ Even Sunny is the shortest one, She's definitely the most powerful Girl in SoShi, i like the fact that she must have that all 9 years of training to be success like she has now. She has this strong will and heart.. In my eyes, She's the boldest, funniest, and strongest one.. that's why i love her :wub:

My Sunny Bunny~ ^_^ Hwaiting~!

Look forward for your next story ;)

power9.jpg

영원히

sone_0508 sone_0508
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:33 AM

Thank u for the translating! All the things form the book are great to know but I can't get what some of them mean probably.

diedy diedy
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

thanks for your hardwork....
and thanks for translation and sharing with us...
love to read this girls generation memoirs so much...
this make me know more about them...
can't wait for the next members.... :thumbsup:

carolyn831 carolyn831
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for translating! I really enjoy reading them and knowing the girls slightly more each time! And every Tuesday I'll wait for a new chapter to be out :) thank you^^

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3178 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

Thank you for the translation of this chapter! Ahhh Sunny, she may be short but she'll always be a giant in my eyes. The girl's a hero, a chicken catcher, a snake wrangler, she's got aegyo that can melt anyone, she can sing, she can dance... what more does this girl need? And honestly, I believe Sunny is her height for a reason: were she around Seohyun's height, it'd just be unfair. She'd be too perfect. Sun-Shiners know what I'm talking about. Hahaha I love the bit about revealing her "real" height. I think every fan knew that Sunny was the shortest, but we love her for it. Honestly, there's no way Sunny was placed into SNSD because of "special treatment". She made it there on her own, and anyone who doesn't think so hasn't seen enough of Sunny to realize that she deserves to be a part of Girls' Generation, just as much as any of the other eight girls do. Not only this, but SNSD would not be SNSD without Sunny, just like it wouldn't be SNSD without any one of the other members. Where would the girls be without their energizer?

LOL I remember the talk on Strong Heart about their escape to the amusement park, that was hilarious. "At least put on some makeup!" I also remember when it was mentioned that Sunny always does what she can to bring the camera to her. I think it's in the Come to Play episode during 2009 that Sunny reveals what she does to bring the camera to her during either Him Nae or Gee, but either way it's so funny. She really knows how to work the camera.

I think "Soon Kyu" is a really, really pretty name. It's probably because I'm not Korean but... I don't know, like "Miyoung", both names just sound amazingly pretty.

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Yay! Thanksthanksthanks!

Sunny's height is indirectly proportional to her inner ability. Watching her on variety shows make me go "Damn, Sunny so awezome!" Never judge a book by its cover :D
Sunny trained for 9 years? Wow, that's alot. How painful it must have been for her to find out that she'll not be debuting. But I'm glad it turned out that way as now she's part of SNSD :) I remember she once said on Quiz To Change The World that her ambition since young has never changed and that is to be a singer. Seeing her realize her dream puts a smile on my face :)
And Soonkyu-ah, your Korean name is beautiful! It's so cute to say it. :D
Sunny is so hard-working that I feel so happy for her that all the hard work she put in last time has paid off. Even though she's already popular, she still works hard daily an tries to make the best out of every opportunity that comes her way. YO,SUNNY! :thumbup:

Thank you for translating! Queen Hyoyeon is next! woots~
Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

jcadigital jcadigital
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:31 AM

Thank you for the table of contents and updating them also. This is quite an undertaking, and thank you for translating it. It is such an interesting read. I will try to keep as much as you are updating it. Thank you again. Currently reading Yoona's.

My only regret about Girls' Generation is that I wish I knew about them sooner. - jcadigital

SNSDRLS SNSDRLS
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

aww, thank you very much...I have been checking on your update :P
About Sunny, I thought she got transfer to SM since other agency went bankcrupt...urmm.. never mind :P I will just change my thought to what you just wrote xD keke
I miss SNSD in variety show T_T sigh..
Looking forward to Hyoyeon :D This will be interesting~

s2_paperheart s2_paperheart
  • Donors
  • 1291 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

Thanks so much for the translations. Keep up the good work!
I can't wait to read Hyo's chapter....

:D

kebinbin kebinbin
  • Donors
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Thank you for translating Sunny's chapter :D
9 years of training has definitely paid off. Sunny is so awesome, her efforts shows it.

Posted Image

myot9 myot9
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

thanks so much for translating jessica's, taeyeon's, & sunny's
they're sooo awesome!!!! :thumbup:
i'm soo excited to read abt hyoyeon next :laugh:

Edited by sung_yuhi, 22 June 2011 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image

CREDIT: 11abysooyoung
THANKS A BUNCH!!!

GAHOph GAHOph
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

SUNNY ONE SO TRUE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! oh and she escape to the Amusement park ???? COOL!!!!!! But the staff said they have to put on some make up =)) . The agency really care about their image :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

AVA & SIG : All mine

Forever Sunyeon Forever Sunyeon
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

WoW. it tooks me half hour to read it all. .
I can't wait for another member release. .
It's funny knowing that sunny hates soonkyu that much.
Gotta wait for the next release . .

Posted Image

Posted Image

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

Almost fell asleep before posting! Queen of Dance! Can't wait to see her solo performance!

Hyoyeon
Her nickname is Dancing Queen

Name: Kim Hyoyeon
Birthdate: September 22th, 1989
Height/Bloodtype: 160cm/AB
Hobby: Shopping, watching movies
Specialty: Dance, Chinese
Strong point: Bright and honest
Weak point: A little overbearing

Extra training in a boy’s dance group

An idol group with unimaginable singing skills and perfectly matching dances for the 9 girls; this is Girls’ Generation trait. The secret to perfectly matching dance is the 5 minute meeting all members gets together for every night.

Among Girls’ Generation, the member that is most enthusiastic when it comes to dancing is Hyoyeon.

Before debuting, Hyoyeon was already famous for being skilled in dancing. She did not train in a girls’ dance class, but actually in a boys’ dance class.

Admiring her sempai of the same agency, BoA, and Amuro Namie, Hyoyeon’s dances are accurate and intense. Members and fans call her “Dancing Queen” for her skills.

There are also many passionate fans in Japan of Girls’ Generation dances. Even in Tokyo, there are a lot of openings of events that dances the choreography of Girls’ Generation. Even among them, there is a high level of attention paid to Hyoyeon’s dances. When Hyoyeon found out that a lot of Japanese fans pay attention to her dances, she had a happy smile on her face.

Hyoyeon mentioned, “I’m really happy that fans look forward to my dances,” but on the other hand, also promised, “Dance is popular in Japan, so I think fans have a sharp eye. For those fans, I want to keep challenging myself with various dances.”

She thought of quitting Girls’ Generation

When you think of dance, you think of Hyoyeon! Called the Dancing Queen, she currently acts as Girls’ Generation lead dancer.

Hyoyeon is good in dancing and her reflexes are excellent. However, she’s not only excellent in exercise. In 2004, Hyoyeon, along with Super Junior Siwon, went to China together for language studies and Chinese is one of her specialties. Also, Super Junior is Girls’ Generation sempai in the agency and their dance competition exchanges run deep.

Hyoyeon, who has good reflexes and studies, also have an honest and direct personality that the other members adore. However, she also had worries that she could not speak to anybody else. Actually, she worried about whether to quit Girls’ Generation or not at one moment in time.

“I wanted to test my dance skills that have been improving upon and debuted in Girls’ Generation. But, still, there were a lot of times I was lost. I have thought about quitting Girls’ Generation and studying abroad. But I broke through that slump. I’ve decided to do my best as a member of Girls’ Generation.”

When she was a trainee, she practiced with the boys and has a fresh personality that anybody will like. Even with someone like her, she also had times with her own worries that no one knows.

She actually failed the audition?!

Hyoyeon’s chance to enter this world was due to the influence of her mother. Actually her mother was a fan of Korea’s overwhelming popular male idol group, H.O.T., from their debut in 1996 to their disbandment in 2001. Hyoyeon’s idol-loving mother gave her a supportive push and told her, “Try to aim for being an idol.” After that, Hyoyeon passed S.M. Entertainment auditions, trained for 6 years and 1 month, and became Girls’ Generation fourth member.

However, her road in debuting as a Girls’ Generation member was not easy.

At first, she failed to pass the audition’s initial paperwork examination. One photo caught S.M. Entertainment manger, Kim Sohyeon’s eye while he was looking at the profiles of failed applicants. “Her outer appearance was just like anybody else, but she emitted an intense impact.”

The picture that caught Mr. Kim’s eye was when Hyoyeon was only a 5th grade student. It because it caught his eye that Hyoyeon’s road to becoming an idol opened up.

Her athleticism is exceptional! Number one in the 100 meter dash!

On January 24th, 2010, SNSD appeared on KBS variety show, “Let’s Go Dream Team!” and the top winners were unveiled. The members challenged a variety of sports, such as vaulting, high jump, zig zag race, capture the flag, and other various activities, and showed a sigh that we do not normally see in sports.

Among those activities, Hyoyeon participated in the 100 meter dash. She came in first, setting a record for being the fastest among all the participants that have appeared on the show. After getting number 1, Hyoyeon thanked her mother, “After telling my mom that I will be appearing on this show, she made some traditional Chinese medicine drinks. The results of drinking the Chinese medicine can be seen.”

Furthermore, undaunted by Hyoyeon, Kara member Nicole, met in the final round of the zig zag race and the two showed a good match.

In the end, Hyoyeon barely beat Nicole and kept her place with her total points. Nicole praised Hyoyeon’s athleticism, “It’s disappointing, but Hyoyeon is really amazing!”

And the person who reached the top for the gold medal in total ranking points was the exceptionally athletic Hyoyeon. While showing a smile, she was energetic from beginning to end.

Holding the gold medal, Hyoyeon said happily, “I want to share this happiness with Girls’ Generation, who played together on dream team today.”

Right after debut, sleeping time is 2-3 hours

Bright and powerful dancer, Hyoyeon, had worries of not getting enough sleep.

In 2007, they released their single, “Into the New World,” and it was a big hit. Girls’ Generation was in great demand with T.V. appearances, concerts and album recordings. In the middle of all that, Hyoyeon muttered with slight confusion, “Everyday is tough for other artists. They said it was tough, but I didn’t understand. But now, I think I’ve come to understand that they mean a little.”

Also, she confessed about always having a lack of sleep, “The hardest part is not getting enough sleep.” It is said that on average they only get about 2 to 3 hours of sleep every day! The always energetic Hyoyeon got less sleep the more Girls’ Generation got busy right after debut.

In recent years in Korea, the busier the schedules got, the health of idols deteriorates and there have been increases in fainting. With Girls’ Generation upcoming activities, we worry about Hyoyeon’s continual lack of sleep…

Hyoyeon calls the shots?

Combining all the members, Girls’ Generation is a big group with 9 members. When it comes to details, it is always hard to get a general consensus. For times like those, there are various deciding factors.

Since all members are living together, there is major disorder for the bathrooms in the morning. Shower order is decided by “Rock, Paper, Scissors.” They have rules such as, “breakfast every morning is made by the member who wakes up first and the last person that wakes up cleans,” “definitely writing your name on underwear,” and even a rule to “not hide the person you like,” so they do not overlap with each other.

The other way they decide is by majority vote. Since they have 9 members, the opinion of the members that reaches 5 votes is carried out. Yoona affirmed that Hyoyeon is the best at collecting votes.

At meal times, when the members’ opinions on what to eat are different, Hyoyeon positively proposes, “I want to eat this! Let’s eat this everybody.” Also, with dancing and singing practice start times, Hyoyeon forcefully decides, “I’m good at starting at this time, so everybody gather at this time!”

I feel that many of you might think that Hyoyeon decides this unilaterally for the most part instead of majority vote.

However, with such a strong opinion it seems Hyoyeon leads everybody and the members follow obediently with, “I understand.”

Full of vigor and challenging spirit

Called the dancing queen, Hyoyeon has a powerful image, but actually has a kind personality. On various variety shows, she takes the initiative in not talking about herself, but for the members, she is like an older sister.

Hyoyeon has a kind personality like that, but when it comes to work, she is ambitious.

Yuri said in an interview, “We want to do activities in Japan as long as possible,” but Hyoyeon has the same exact view. Everybody is doing their best studying Japanese by taking lessons and also by listening to Japanese music and watching Japanese dramas.

Furthermore, from their debut in Korea, Girls’ Generation has been appeared on different variety shows. About their Japanese activities from hereafter, “We heard that Japanese variety shows are interesting, so we want to try and be on them too,” and they plan to challenge various kinds of genres than they have in Korea in Japan as well.

Also, Hyoyeon confessed in an interview about appearing on Japan Record Awards and Red vs White Singing Contest, “Honestly, I desire it,” showing that it is not like she did not think about it completely.

Full of energy, Hyoyeon said, “There might be a lot of goals that I want to try do to from now on. Right now, there are a lot of things I want to challenge.” There is no doubt that Hyoyeon will be showing various expressions in Japan as well.

Next week: Final member, full of eye-smiles

winter86 winter86
  • Donors
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

thank you for your hard work of translating! keep up the good work! can't wait to read about tiffany and the rest of the book!

Thanks again! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night