[BOOK] Girls' Generation MemoirsCompleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic
HozieBaka HozieBaka
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Sooyeon revealed about Taeyeon’s sleep talk, “While sleeping, Taeyeon solves math problems and greets somebody by herself

I think this must be "Sooyoung" 'cause below has a sentence that

Sooyoung is not the only one who knows of Taeyeon’s uncanny sleep talking

dan4413jwfJUH dan4413jwfJUH
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

!!! wow the practices must have been really tough!!! i admire her for trying her best to continue to challenge herself! Noona, you will always be shining example and inspiration for this SONE!!! bt she dosent strike me as timid...looking through all the trials she must have endured...and working so hard to achieve her dreams, im really touched!!! stay well and take care of one another, girls!!! SNSD fighting! oh i like the part that "“While sleeping, Taeyeon solves math problems and greets somebody by herself" sooo cute!!
Jes♥♥SicaPosted ImagePosted ImageThe Soshi Theory- So Nyuh Shi Dae+Sone=9+1 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Posted Image

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Woots....Thanks again!

And once again, a well-summarised article on Taeyeon. :) Sleepwalking and sleeptalking, the other girls better not leave an open mic or speaker near her. XD
Taengoo will always be the kid leader in all SONEs hearts :)

Thanks for translating this! 3 more to go! Can't wait for Sunny's next week! :D
Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

Lyra Lora Lyra Lora
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

I love the article eventhough taeyeon's part seems too short for me..wae? T_T Just like everyone said, she's still the kid leader too us. Sometimes i wish she has the courage & confident to take the role but her humble & timid personality makes me want to pinch her cheek! LOL but yeah~~ maybe thats why she shine the most when doing solo activities.

"If you're still Girls' Generation in the next lifetime, I will still be a SNE."

sooyoung_ily sooyoung_ily
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

thank you so much for making the effort to translate the book. looking forward to the next chapter! this thread has become weekly must-read thread! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Proud to be a Sooyoungster.
Posted Image

iShawol iShawol
  • Donors
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

Poor TaeYeon...she deserves leader position...but...if that leadership was a pressure to her...then it is a right decision that there isn't any leader.TaeYeon IS a good person,sometimes she's dorky and makes gags and weird faces but she also is a mature,rensponsable and a true leader.

Edited by Harpsichord, 15 June 2011 - 12:46 PM.

Posted Image

''I don't think Girls' Generation will ever be broken apart,even after many years have gone by''-TaeYeon

√on √on
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Finally, a TaeYeon storrryy :))
Dang, TaeYeon is loveleyyy :)
Glad your a TaeYeon-biased! I am too :))
Can't wait for HyoYeon next :)

#byuntaengooyah||

[i][ON HIATUS♥]

kebinbin kebinbin
  • Donors
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

Thank you for translating Taeyeon's part.
Even though its stated that there is no leader for SNSD, she is the best leader ever.

Posted Image

thtl11 thtl11
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:39 AM

Finally, Taeyeon's part was posted.. I was waiting for this part.. I love Taeyeon's voice and her cute face. Its make me crazy..
By the way, now i know that there is no leader for Girls' Generation. It means that all the members are equals.
SNSD, Fighting!! TAEYEON!! xD

"When I have the opportunity, I want to perform the guitar live for my fans. Please expect that!" - Kim Taeyeon [100502]

I'm waiting!!

SNSDRLS SNSDRLS
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:32 AM

Thank you so much for stranslating for us to read and get to know more about Soshi memebers...
I really can't wait to read other members too..and I plan to re-read everything after-ward...their personality are unique...
Jessica part cracked me up the most
Taeyeon part made me fall in love with her more.
Sooyoung part is wow...could she be somehow part of vietnamese :S urmm...but that just silly ==" tall and skinny doesn't mean they are vietnamese ==" cheeses..I'm vietnamese..I'm short and fat :S
Seohyun...oh my.. "you will die"
hehe, thanks so much.

Shika Shika
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

The compiler is so serious about that Strong Heart Christmas Special. LOL. It's in Taengoo's again. And he finally talked about the musical. Sica's one was left out. =(

Can't wait for next week! Sunny Sunny Sunny!

Thank you as always!

Posted Image

JxStar JxStar
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

I need to catch up with a lot of stuff!
Gosh, my exams are killing meeee~ I need my weekly dosis of Soshi N.O.W! xD

Sica is so funny! Who would've thought that she would call people when she's drunk. Hahaha just gotta love her :P

Posted Imageresist the ultimate dorkPosted Image

@JxStar_

Yinfany Yinfany
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

Taeyeon being stressed out during the leader period made my heart ached so much. </3 I believe all the members just want the best for the group and not pin-pointing at her. Soshi bond! :heart: But if the girls are better off without a leader then why not? I mean, whether the group has a leader or not wouldn't affect my love for them. By the way, her height......... 162CM.........? Haha. :lol:

Edited by Yinfany, 19 June 2011 - 09:30 AM.

"Never say good-bye, So-wons." - Choi Sooyoung, GGWT SG, 131012. 

They are my Girls' Generation; I'm their So-won. ♥

JUST & ONLY OT9. ♥

@hengyin09

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

Grr... Arggh... zombiefen wants brainssssssssssssss...

T/L Note: I know it will probably come up in the comments, but regarding the "9 years" of Sunny's training, they included all the time when she entered the entertainment world starting in 1998, thus totaling 9 years until her debut with SNSD.

Sunny
She is short, but she is Girls’ Generation hardest worker

Profile:
Name: Lee Soon Kyu
Birthdate: May 15th, 1989
Height/Bloodtype: 155cm/B
Hobby: Reading
Education: Baewha All Girls High School
Specialty: Sports
Strong point: Hard working, calm
Weak point: Is often said she looks like a little kid

Her complex is being only 155cm tall!

On KBS popular variety show, “Invincible Youth,” Sunny blurted out, “I’m only 155cm tall,” which was different from her listed height.

Up until now, it was considered that Sunny was 157cm tall. After saying that line, Sunny laughed at the matter, “Ah, I said 2cm shorter.” After that confession, it became known that Sunny is the shortest among all the members of Girls’ Generation.

They can dance and sing really well! But that is not the only reason why Girls’ Generation is popular.

Their greatest charms are also their thin waists, long slim legs, and great style.

Girls’ Generation members may have bodies that anybody can be jealous of, however, Sunny has a complex of being so short.

Sunny charms many with her powerful voice as a lead vocalist. Even though she is only 155cm tall, she does not feel like she is shorter than any of the other members; her presence is strong.

However, Sunny, who has many concert and T.V. activities, is just like any other girl and also have her own worries. After that episode was shown, there is no doubt that there are more fans who love Sunny.

No special treatment!

S.M. Entertainment is one of the major entertainment agencies housing many singers and talents, such as Girls’ Generation.

The one who made S.M. Entertainment to what it is now is an important representative of Korea’s entertainment sphere, Chairman Lee Soo Man.

Actually, Sunny is Chairman Lee Soo Man’s niece. Sunny is the daughter of Chairman Lee Soo Man’s older brother Lee Soo Young.

Sunny was born into a family of entertainers. Sunny’s father, Lee Soo Young was the vocalist for former rock band, Hwaljooro. Sunny was also a member of the agency that produced popular girl group, Sugar. Also, her older sister is a manager for S.M. Entertainment. For Sunny, who was born into a household of entertainers, must have felt various pressures from her surroundings. She broke through a thousand fold of applicants to become a member of Girls’ Generation, but there are people who think that it was because she had connections she got into Girls’ Generation.

In response to those comments, Sunny replied, “I want to be acknowledged through my own abilities and efforts, not because of special treatment from my father or uncle. For that purpose, I will always put in all my effort.” She is not a specially treated idol.

I hate my real name!

She is often called Sunny, which is closely pronounced in Korean as “Soni.” Korean Americans Tiffany and Jessica are an exception, but the members of Girls’ Generation use their real name for promotions, except Sunny.

Why does Sunny not use her real name?

Sunny’s real name is Lee Soon Kyu. On a KBS program, Sunny confessed herself.

“My real name is called Lee Soon Kyu. My uncle gave me that name, but it sounds really old, so I don’t really like it,” Sunny revealed while explaining why she calls herself Sunny.

Moreover, while making an appearance on the SBS variety program, “Strong Heart,” the program production team prepared a picture of Sunny when she was in middle school before the show, but in order not to show it to the other people, Sunny broke the board that the picture was stuck to in half and crushed it to pieces.

It was because Sunny did not want to show anybody the name Lee Soon Kyu that was written on the photo. Even when the other members call her name “Soon Kyu” jokingly on other programs, her cheeks would puff out and make a pouting face.

Sunny hates her real name to that extent.

Escaping the dorm to the amusement park! Sunny’s confession

One time, the members of Girls’ Generation escaped from their dorm and went to the amusement park. The 4 members who went were: Sunny, Jessica, Hyoyeon, and Tiffany.

The 4 girls were supposedly disguised completely with masks and scarves. They wanted to ride the roller coaster, so they waited in line for one hour, however, right when they were about to get on the ride, they were told that they could not go on with masks and scarves. Even so, they covered themselves with hoods and Sunny thought they did not get found out, “Nobody took notice of us,” however…

The next day, Sunny talked about their heroic tale to the other members. Coincidentally, while she was in the middle of telling her story, the members’ glances were glued to the PC monitor. The reason why they were looking was a picture of the 4 of them clearly riding the roller coaster, and it was uploaded for the public to see.

A few days later, an agency staff that knew they went to the amusement park without wearing any make-up, scolded, “The next time you guys go out, put on some make-up at least!”

On their days off, the girls often spend their time together. Other than amusement parks, they also go shopping, eating, and drinking together. Even with complete disguises, they will get discovered, so from here on, when they go out, they will need to put on make-up?!

Sunny’s efforts are not wasted even for 0.1 seconds

There are a total of 9 members in Girls’ Generation. Not only as Girls’ Generation, but each member needs to have character appeal. For Sunny, who has a complex of not standing out because she is the shortest out of all members at 155cm, it is especially an important problem. How does Sunny manage to solve this problem?

“When appearing on T.V., I constantly pay attention to the camera and aim to not waste even 0.1 seconds.”

In other words, Sunny is always keeps on her toes when in front of the camera. Also, when Girls’ Generation is singing, she said, “For example, even during another member’s part, I don’t forget to appeal myself as well.”

Even in this part, Sunny does not relax one bit.

Also, when asked “what part of yourself that you win more than the others,” Sunny answered, “The feeling of wanting the camera to capture you more than anyone else!”

Before Sunny joined Girls’ Generation, her training period is the longest among the members. Her training period is actually about 9 years. Definitely not wanting to quit and with effort and more effort, Sunny succeeded in becoming a Girls’ Generation member through her own abilities. It is only Sunny that aims to continually to put in hard work and never forgetting to keep a professional sense.

Spending the longest time of 9 years in a group before debuting

Girls’ Generation has many fans in both Korea and Japan. The girls right now gather popularity through their performances that show their amazing dances while singing. There are people out there that might be jealous of their life, but it is not an easy life.

Doing activities as one person in that popular idol group, even Sunny had a painful past.

As of now, Sunny is part of entertainment giant, S.M. Entertainment, but for 5 years starting in 1998, Sunny was part of Star World agency. She did activities during the 5 years she was a trainee, but nothing grew from it. Nevertheless, after taking on the strict lessons as a trainee, there were plans of her debuting in a 2 person female group, but the company’s management deteriorated and they could not debut. Sunny spent 5 years worth of hard work towards debuting, but now that path has been closed to her.

However, Sunny did not quit. In 2007, she applied to S.M. Entertainment’s public auditions, passed, and transferred over to S.M. She joined Girls’ Generation as the final 9th member. The reason why Sunny is the way she is right now is because she was able to overcome 9 years of training; the longest among Girls’ Generation.

A frequent patron that top surveys?! The survey is about…

In a survey that occurred on music portal site, Bugs, Sunny came in first on the topic of “which singer has a heart that is pure and innocent like a kid.”

On the variety show, “Invincible Youth,” that Sunny appears in, she is so bright and powerful that the other members said, “She looks like a kid,” and “She’s very strong-willed.” It seems that the result of the survey was influenced by this.

Sunny is like that, but there are other surveys that she came in as number when it was not predicted that she would. The topic of that survey was “the singer who seems to easily deceived on April Fools.” The reason why she was chosen was “because she is innocent like a child, she seems easily fooled.”

The results all lead to a pure Sunny.

Sunny has that cute image, but she also has a side where she will do the tasks that nobody else wants to do, such as grabbing a snake that all the members were afraid of with only her gloved hands and bungee jumping without hesitation.

Next week: Queen... THE Dancing Queen

Cinwei Cinwei
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

1st to post reply.. yeah!! XD
Geez.. I was waiting for this book's translation but one week seems soooooo long.. ><

Wow.. I didn't know that Sunny had that long period of training..
I thought she was trained for about 6-7 years just like Jessica or Hyo Yeon..
But 9 years, and cancelled debut, that's really tough..
Sunny's really had a lot of efforts, and now she worth it.. :)

Sunny bunny FIGHTING!!

Posted Image Posted Image
cr. tifflebear

소녀시대 때문에,소원 가 있다..
소원 때문에,소녀시대 가 있다..

starbukz starbukz
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

Awesomesauce! I really miss the girls on Variety shows...like Sunny and Yuri in IY i grew to love them thru that show :) not only that but knew more about all of them :D
Posted Image

soundscape soundscape
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:10 AM

Thanks for sharing. Nine years is a long time for training! Sunny is such a hard-worker. I laughed when they went to the amusement park without makeup. :lol:

MoonSoshi9 MoonSoshi9
  • Writers
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

Thanks for the translation!
One of the many things I love about Sunny is how competitive she is. She always wants to be the best at whatever it is she is doing and gives 100%.
You could really see it when she was on Invincible Youth. I'll never forget her being a total boss and catching chickens when nobody else could do it.
Imo she was the star of that show by the time she and Yuri left. In short, Sunny is amazing(pun possibly intended).

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:18 AM

Thank so much for translating! The stories just getting shorter and shorter I want like two pages to read. Anyway Sunny is such a cutie no wonder Seohyun complaining that she should be the Maknae of Soshi but Sunny taking her job. Crazy lovable family! I'm very happy it work out that Sunny became a part of Soshi and now they're perfect together and never be separated. The roller coaster part cracks me up and they only get scolded for not wearing make-up, I thought it would be something worst than that :laughing: . She winning alot of surveys, good hope she can snatch some more. Woo Hyo next read I can't wait to see what's on her and then Fany angel a beautiful soul.

taichodq taichodq
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

i was so touch to read sunny story...
but i don't agree she is easily fool due to her innocent look...
she is a smart girl....SUNNY FIGHTING! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run
@  cinderella@y... (04:51:06 PM) bots world zzz