[BOOK] Girls' Generation MemoirsCompleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic
gay lord gay lord
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:28 AM

Hhahahahaha Jessica is dumbly cute, that's what make her funny! She is so adorable lol lol
She's a very unique person....

bsaquilayan bsaquilayan
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:32 AM

hahaha!! funny drinking habit!!

i wish i was the fan girl who was able to hug her!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

violet_ergoproxy violet_ergoproxy
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1473 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

thanks for this..

although there's things that i already knew bout our sica..
there's some new thing s i just learn..
i dint know bout her drinking habit..lol~
our ice princess.. is not really an ice person.. keke~
her cynical response is the best!!

Posted Image

SOSHI <3 SONE ~ NOW & FOREVER~

avi : credit to mingying

sig : credit to YooNa_!!!^^

twitter

Stan` Stan`
  • Donors
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

This is awesome! Can't wait for the next one!! Adokrable leader!! :P :P

Posted Image Follow me on Twitter @iStan9

sh316102 sh316102
  • Production Team
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:27 AM

I totally didnt realize Jessica has a drinking habit till now. This book is good.. So far, I found out something that I didnt know before for all the other members who have been translated away.. Cant wake for every week's translation...

suddenly, I realize, why does SNSD has so many people? Its tiring to wait for 9 weeks which equals to 2months 1 week to wait for all of their translated chapters... But still, I will be waiting..

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. -Leonardo da Vinci
It takes years to build up friendship, but just 1 second to destroy it. - Unknown

ditapuccino ditapuccino
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

WARM ICE AS WELL

Since her blood type is B, she'll always loves to sleep everywhere!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Me as well. Hwaiting for your sleep sica. :thumbup:

Maelin Maelin
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

I love everything about Jessica is just really awesome. haha She is really cute too. <3 She doesn't remember making phone calls when she is drunk.I love her image and I can't say enough how much I love her!

~Taeyeon~Jessica~Sunny~Tiffany~Hyoyeon~Yuri~Sooyoung~Yoona~Seohyun~

Twitter

Carol Sparrow* Carol Sparrow*
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

Sica effect is also changing! xD
No way not to laugh about dorky Jessica!
With this sleeping habit, Japan Tour must have been even harder for her...
Hope the she can recover all her energy.Also the girls!

Thank you so much for translating!
Funny funny Jessy! xD

HyoTaeNy~ My silly smile~

SONE WHENEVER... WHEREVER... FOR YOU!

Yinfany Yinfany
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

Thankyou for the translation! Always looking forward to this column! :D

Sica you know if you're drunk you can always make phone calls to me! I would listen to you no matter if you speak in English or Korean, giving you my fullest attention. ^_^ I will make you breakfast and clean up for you, I will make sure you wakes up on time by starting to wake you five hours before time. Hahaha. A little bit of YulSic for the warm ice part, heehee. :wub: I'm deprived, sorry.

Your cold personality is what makes you special, and the Sica Effect often cracked me up. Watching you in Hello Baby allowed me to have a clearer knowledge of your motherly side too. (sounds weird hmm...) Just continue to rock on and let me drown in your unique charistma! :heart:

"Never say good-bye, So-wons." - Choi Sooyoung, GGWT SG, 131012. 

They are my Girls' Generation; I'm their So-won. ♥

JUST & ONLY OT9. ♥

@hengyin09

kyaaa12 kyaaa12
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

YAYYYYYY JESSICAAAA!<3333 I've been waiting for this^^
Love this cute adorable ice princess!
Thanks for sharing this!:D

snsd02.pngdbb05.png
CREDITS: feel_my_mind @lj (avatar) & akemisugar@lj
PASTELROSE & PEARLRED FTW!

Reysa Reysa
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:30 AM

wowwww another story from snsd. thanks for sharing this man, looking forward to see the next story. you rocks! keep up the good work
Posted Image
cr:tiffanyuri~ Yuri, my inspiration.

soshibutler soshibutler
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

Our Sica is definitely one original princess we have. Her unique characteristic is simply cute and beautiful. Haha she never fail to make us all smile and laugh in her own peculiar ways. Love you JESSICA JUNG! <3

OhmGeeNie OhmGeeNie
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:34 AM

jjang.. thanks for this.!

Yoona~~~! aigoo~! laughed hard at her description.. so kyaa~~!
I'm getting to love Yoong more and more.. I think, I cannot stop this love anymore. :))

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Banner cr: PuddingBunny

dan4413jwfJUH dan4413jwfJUH
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

hahaha thks for the trans!!! i luved this!!! never knew so much about them 'specially like the part 'Other never ending episodes related to her sleeping are sleeping for more than 16 hours on her day off and when they are going to be late for work the members would throw her off the bed. This is a surprising side of her when all we see is the charming Jessica on stage." haha shes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!! and i didnt know she has such weird habits when shes drunk!! haha (well,at least its better than other more embarrassing habits that im sure others have when they're drunk!) SNSD fighting!!! sica fighting!stay well and keep strong girls, u always have this SONEs luv and support, wherever you go!!!~~~
Jes♥♥SicaPosted ImagePosted ImageThe Soshi Theory- So Nyuh Shi Dae+Sone=9+1 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Posted Image

jlgrace jlgrace
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

Thank you very much for the translation.
It covered everything from her bond with Krystal, the Sica Effect, Ice Princess and Warm Ice, to her drinking habits.
Within SNSD Jessica definitely has a very unique personality.
Although lately she's been more of a warm ice, actually not too sure if there's any ice left.

kebinbin kebinbin
  • Donors
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for translating Jessica's chapter.
She is so cute and adorable. lol at how she replied to those fans.

Posted Image

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

Whoops, been so busy this week I was catching up on videos and almost forgot to post the next part up! lol Although short, her presence on stage is undeniable!

Taeyeon
Doing solo activities as well, she is the pseudo leader of Girls’ Generation

Name: Kim Taeyeon
Birthdate: March 9th, 1989
Height/Bloodtype: 162cm/O
Hobby: Watching movies, listening to music,
Education: Jeonju Art High School
Specialty: Singing
Strong point: Earnest and responsible
Weak point: Timid

Aspiring for a chance to be just like Boa!

Taeyeon, who dreamed of debuted in Japan as well, was great influenced by another artist who had many hit songs flying to the top in Japan named BoA. BoA is the senpai (sunbae) to Taeyeon, who is also in SM Entertaiment, and debuted in Korea in 2000 and Japan in 2001.

In 2001, after knowing BoA debuted in Japan, Taeyeon said, “It was a big shock to me in a good way.” Taeyeon was still only in elementary school at the time.

Taeyeon mentioned, “Boa is really skilled in dancing and singing, so I’ve always looked up to her. She also speaks Japanese fluently. I have always wanted to be like BoA and have activities in Japan and around the world someday when I debuted.”

At that time, becoming a person like Boa became Taeyeon’s big goal; not only in Girls’ Generation who sing, dance, DJ, and be in variety shows, but also having an active role as a solo artist presently.

Girls’ Generation debuted in Korea and continued on to Japan. Taeyeon, who was full of spirit, thinking, “It’s finally time,” on their debut in Japan is now one step closer to her senpai, BoA, whom she admired since elementary school.

Succeeding even as a solo artist?!

In 2008, when conducting a survey on the theme of “Which female idol group member would succeed as a solo artist,” pushing aside many female idol group members, Taeyeon shined at number one.

And even in a survey conducted in 2009 on “which entertainer who is approaching coming-of-age this year is the most promising star,” Taeyeon was chosen number one.

Taeyeon’s singing prowess is exceptional and as a solo artist, grabbed attention as a new star in the original soundtrack sphere with her two big hits in 2008, “If” for the KBS drama “Hong Gil Dong,” and “Can You Hear Me?” for the MBC drama, “Beethoven Virus.”

She also appeared on radio shows as a DJ for “Kang-in’s and Taeyeon’s Chin Chin Radio” from April in 2008 and “Taeyeon’s Chin Chin Radio” from April in 2009.

She also has a vigorous challenging spirit. She also appeared in the same show that Seohyun is in; the popular variety show, “We Got Married.” Although she said, “I didn’t really know who my partner was, so I was really nervous at first, but because the members were with me, I was a little relaxed,” a part of her has the ambition to challenge new things.

Even the members appreciate Taeyeon’s clear singing

When speaking of Taeyeon, you think of “singing.” To say the least, Taeyeon has talent. In Girls’ Generation she is the main vocal and has a lot of solo activities as well.

In a survey on a community site on the topic of “which girls’ group singer has the most singing prowess,” Taeyeon was picked at number one, pushing aside many girl group vocalists.

The reason why she was chosen at number one is because of her skill in singing. Everybody gave high praise about Taeyeon’s singing abilities stating, “Her pitch stability and rich emotional expressions are her forte” and “She has plenty to singing prowess to even debut solo.”

Hyoyeon also acknowledges Taeyeon’s voice saying, “Taeyeon’s vocals are amazing. It’s a very clear voice and when she sings, we become relaxed.”

Capitalizing on her singing power, she is also taking on the challenge to perform in the musical, “Taiyou no Uta.”

Practice was so tough… she ran away back home

In the Japanese entertainment world, a lot of idols and comedians debut and disappear at any time. In Korea, compared with Japan, an even more strict competition unfolds.

In Korea, all idols have a training period before debut and along the way many idol candidates drop out. Even each member of Girls’ Generation had a number of years of strict lessons piled on. Taeyeon spent 5 years and 3 months as a trainee before debuting as a member of Girls’ Generation.

When Taeyeon was a trainee at the agency and because her home was so far away from the agency, she stayed in the same dorm room with fellow member Tiffany and f(x) member Sulli. Taeyeon has a diligent personality and was able to handle the strict lessons, but in reality, could not endure with the tough practices any longer and went back home on her own at one point.

With so many big activities now, such as DJ-ing and concerts, it is hard to imagine someone like her to run away back home. However, she returned to the dorm soon after. It might be because she could not leave behind her friends that also went through the same joys and sorrows and that have the same dream of standing on stage and becoming a star. It is because of those hardships that we have the shining Taeyeon now.

The reason for Taeyeon’s tears

The reason Taeyeon was chosen to be leader was because she is the oldest among all the members. With a strong sense of responsibility and becoming leader, Taeyeon felt the pressure in needing to be leader-like and pulling the group together. At one time, she was afflicted with sleepwalking due to this.

On a variety program, with hazy teary eyes, Taeyeon said this confession.

“Among 9 of us, there are 7 of us that are the same age and gathering everybody’s opinions is difficult and since we are all of the same age, it is hard for me to give out instructions to them. I already had a timid personality, but the other members thought I should have that leadership. When we had our “5 Minute Talk,” all the criticisms from everybody were pointed at me, the leader. The members spoke of their intentions with a dark expression and I couldn’t endure it anymore, so I flew into my room.”

Taeyeon cried in her room. After a little bit, Sooyoung came into the room that Taeyeon was in.

“I gathered my courage and made a proposal. Let’s get rid of the leader position.” Sooyoung and the other members agreed. From that time on, there is no leader for Girls’ Generation.

Her specialty is “sleep talking” and “sleepwalking?!”

When she was an elementary school student, Taeyeon would shock her dad by sleep walking unsteadily in the middle of the night. However, sleep walking is not the only thing surprising. Taeyeon’s extreme specialty is that she often sleep talks.

Sooyeon revealed about Taeyeon’s sleep talk, “While sleeping, Taeyeon solves math problems and greets somebody by herself.” Furthermore, Taeyeon’s sleep talk often shocks, such as, “while sleeping at night, she also makes phone calls that it’s scary.”

Taeyeon also DJ for a radio program, but she also works as a DJ in her dreams and often sleep talks while DJing.

Sooyoung is not the only one who knows of Taeyeon’s uncanny sleep talking. Yoona is constantly shocked at the fact that Taeyeon sleeps with her eyes open.

There are scary rumors and evidence that Taeyeon sleeps with her eyes open while in yoga poses.

Naturally, Taeyeon does not remember any of those things. Taeyeon suffers from sleepwalking, but perhaps it is instead the other members of Girls’ Generation that is suffering from Taeyeon’s sleepwalking and sleep talking.

Really a shy person after all

She was chosen to be leader of Girls’ Generation at first, but did not have the confidence to keep the group together and resigned as leader. She even revealed herself that she is timid. But is she really that timid?

Taeyeon spoke of Girls’ Generation concept of “wanting to become group with an open and natural image that can be loved from elementary school kids to the elderly, from male and females alike.” It is also mentioned that when the girls are all together and when they accomplish a feat; the first person to step forward usually is her. You would not think she would be timid, but…

However, the other members have said, “Taeyeon has a quiet personality, often keeps her thoughts to herself, and has lots of secrets.”

For the fans, she shows her gags, makes advances on the other members, and is bright and energetic on TV. However after the gag, she gets embarrassed and looks downward sheepishly. She really is a shy person after all?!

Next week: Shortest of them all...

sh316102 sh316102
  • Production Team
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:41 PM

Taeyeon!! 6 already, 3 more left...

Waiting for Hyoyeon's.. Dont tell me she's the last...
Arghh... 3 more weeks...
But I will still read every week..

Thanks for the hard work!! :D

Edited by sh316102, 13 June 2011 - 11:42 PM.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. -Leonardo da Vinci
It takes years to build up friendship, but just 1 second to destroy it. - Unknown

taeyeonani taeyeonani
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:43 PM

I'm really enjoying this reading material! thank you so much! I especially love Taeyeon part! I can't wait for the finish product :thumbup:

MoonSoshi9 MoonSoshi9
  • Writers
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:44 PM

Thank you for translating!

Taeyeon is truly amazing. Her voice is so full of emotion and so powerful. And she is hilarious too!
It must have been hard for her during training. I'm glad she found the strength to return after running back home.
That is a valuable lesson in perseverance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam
@  Keitaro88 (11:09:19 AM) >_> https://pbs.twimg.co...jpg&name=medium
@  kidrobot (09:44:59 PM) reeses eggs
@  bunnybelle (08:48:20 AM) <3