Photo

[BOOK] Girls' Generation MemoirsCompleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic
kebinbin kebinbin
  • Donors
  • 334 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for translating Seohyun's chapter. Her seriousness and healthy lifestyle makes her adorable.
looking forward to the next chapter. :D

Posted Image

myot9 myot9
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR TRANSLATING!!!
i'm learning more things abt the members :yes:
and i just found out i have the same blood type as
sooyoung :thumbup:

Edited by sung_yuhi, 02 June 2011 - 06:28 PM.

Posted Image

CREDIT: 11abysooyoung
THANKS A BUNCH!!!

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

Another week, another member! This time it's our resident "Ice Princess" Jessica!

Excuse me while I go watch Gorjess sing "Almost" at the Japan concert and melt into a puddle of goo. Again.

Jessica
Knocking out even Mr. Nice Guys! A cool and strong princess

Name: Jessica Jung
Birthdate: April 18th, 1989
Height/Bloodtype: 163cm/B
Hobby: Movies, listening to music, shopping
Specialty: English, singing, playing the piano, dance
Strong point: My pace and cool
Weak point: Mood swing between good and bad is intense

Everybody loves her free and uncontrolled self!

Girls’ Generation has an overwhelming number of cute performances. However, removing that harmony, their dance and singing is different and each of the members’ varying charms has charmed the fans.

Even among the members, boasting top class popularity, Jessica has gathered popularity with her cool beauty and looks and frank words. With a frank talk of “being part of an idol is hiding one’s claws,” fans burst out laughing at her unique speech.

Also, Jessica would leave a number of cynical comments on fan sites. In response to one fan’s comment, “Jessica-unnie, come play with me,” she replied, “Go learn how to play by yourself,” and in response to another: “My older sister is teasing me, please scold her,” she replied, “Older sister, hwaiting!” Another fan wrote in English, “Your English is really good,” she cut it down in a single sweep, “Do you want to die?”

Fans who read these happily comment, “Jessica is the best in Girls’ Generation!” or “I also want to receive a cynical response like that,” and with that unique sense of humor, the already high stocks will go even higher.

Jessica has the motto, “Follow your heart.” Not only do boys in trouble want to be scolded by a beauty, there is no doubt that many girls who admire her “walk my own path” style have also appeared.

Her younger sister is Krystal. The older sister’s kindness who Krystal confides in.

There are a lot of instances where a famous person’s family member is also famous and Jessica’s younger sister also works in the entertainment field.

That sister is Krystal, who is also in the same agency working in a multi-national 5 member pop dance group called f(x).

Jessica was first to debut, but actually, it was Krystal who was scouted first. 9 years ago, when Jessica was 12 and Krystal was 7, Krystal was scouted first and during a discussion with her parents and the agency, Jessica, who was sitting in at the meeting, was also scouted.

Also, it is known that the two sisters get along very well. In the waiting room of a concert they were both attending, one would observe them playfully teasing each other and there is no lack of skinship between them. Krystal said about Jessica, “Our personalities are very different; Jessica is very lady-like while I’m rough, but even if we are far apart, I think we are similar too. We are very close.”

Jessica also loves her sister very much. She says some hard things, but is also very sweet to her sister.

For example, when Krystal debuted, Jessica went to go meet her and personally congratulated her. Furthermore, in the waiting room after the performance, Jessica encouraged her sister to keep doing better while wiping the sweat off of her face.

The Sica Effect?! Jessica’s enigma

It’s an idol’s job to sing the song and dance the dance on stage, but recently, there have been an increase of idols doing other activities, such as dramas and attending variety shows.

Not only does Girls’ Generation take part in music activities, each of the members shows their own talent within various branches.

With strong words and ‘follow my own path’ personality, Jessica, who is popular among men and women, displays a horrifying talent on talk shows.

That talent is when ever Jessica says something, even though it is to make the place livelier, it suddenly becomes cold. What she says is interesting, but for some reason when she says something, the other members keep silent and that awkwardness creates big laughter for the viewers and audience. We do not know why everybody is silent all at once, but during the time when this has occurred often, this specialty was given the name “Sica Effect,” and has become her trademark. Incidentally, the “Sica” in Sica Effect is her nickname.

Hearts thump when the Ice Princess shows her kindness at times

It’s not unusual to see idols spread themselves in variety shows or to challenge dubbing for a movie. And to fit that, there are plentiful idols with various character personalities participating in those activities.

Speeding to the top of the entertainment world is Girls’ Generation and, Jessica, who is called the “Ice Princess,” says things without any expression and has what we call a princess character. Also from her tough words image, she also has the nickname, “Sickal.”

She is known for her sharp-cutting character, but underneath she is also famous for being nice and Yuri gave her the name “warm ice” to describe her personality.

Also, because the real Jessica is very feminine, this is not something imagined from her usual character, but sometimes she has cried in front of people.

In December 2009, on the stage of Girls’ Generation first solo concert that occurred in Seoul, Jessica cried. “It was our first concert, so there were so many emotions flowing and I was able to hold back the tears, but my Mama was in the audience. When I made eye contact with her, I was unable to hold back the tears.”

When Jessica, who is usually a strong girl, suddenly shows a softer side, anybody should feel jumpy. Having that heart thumping gap between her characters is one of Jessica’s most charming points.

Jessica was attacked by a fan in Vietnam

Securing an explosive popularity in Korea, Girls’ Generation debuted in Japan in 2010 and the girls are also popular in Thailand. Their second album, “Oh!” reached number one on album sales charts in various countries, such as Thailand, Taiwan, and Philippines and there are many passionate fans of Girls’ Generation in various Asian countries.

In one of those global activities, when Girls’ Generation visited Vietnam, an unbelievable incident occurred. Somehow, a female fan hugged Jessica while she was on stage.

This incident occurred in 2009 in at the Korea-Vietnam Friendship Concert. Girls’ Generation participated in the celebration of the 17th anniversary of Korea’s and Vietnam’s diplomatic relations and sang their hit songs, “Gee” and “Sowoneul Malhaebwa (Genie).”

During the end stage photo shoot opportunity a female fan suddenly rushed the stage and hugged Jessica. The girl who hugged Jessica was immediately pulled off stage by the guardsmen.

Jessica was surprised, but later found the incident amusing.

Coincidentally, in Korea, this event, in good will, was reported as “Their popularity is amazing even in Vietnam” and “Popular not only with males, but females as well.”

Being late, the staff is left in a rushed state! Fast asleep in the bath tub

From the fans’ point of view, Jessica is seen as a cool girl, but actually from long ago, she has had a very troublesome habit. That is once she falls asleep, it’s quite hard for her to wake up.

Due to that sleeping habit, it even caused trouble for work. Even though 2 hours have passed since the gathering time for a program recording, Jessica still did not show up. The staff were in a great panic! For a moment, they were planning to call the police, but Jessica was found at home, sleeping in the bathtub with a tooth brush in her hand.

For Jessica’s credit, this was an extraordinary example and her over-sleepiness is usually never this bad.

However, she has a hard time waking up and always the last to wake up among the members. For the all the members who live together, there are some living rules. One of those rules is whoever is the last to get up in the morning has to clean up after eating breakfast. Therefore, it is pretty much decided that it is Jessica’s job to clean up after breakfast.

Other never ending episodes related to her sleeping are sleeping for more than 16 hours on her day off and when they are going to be late for work the members would throw her off the bed. This is a surprising side of her when all we see is the charming Jessica on stage.

Jessica’s troublesome habit she does when drinking alcohol

In Japan and Korea, there are many times idols are wished for their cute looks and other pureness. However, the Girls’ Generation members have declared that they drink alcohol in their private time.

In Korea, the minimum drinking age limit is 19 and usually there is tolerance for drinking alcohol, but when they remarked they drink, the fans were surprised. Among the members, when it was known that Jessica has a troublesome habit when she gets drunk, the fans were shocked.

Even though drunken habits can be bad, there are various types, such as those who become more confident or become maudlin, but in Jessica’s case, when she is drunk, she becomes a telephone addict. She starts making phone calls to all kinds of people. Moreover, Jessica, herself, does not even remember making those calls.

Jessica, who got drunk after drinking, called her mom that day. She made a promise to her mom that they will meet the next day and when that day came, Jessica completely forgot about the promise and with a confused looked, asked her mother, who came to visit the dorm, “Mama, why are you here?”

Next week: A-dorkable leader

sum1 sum1
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:22 PM

Jessica, who got drunk after drinking, called her mom that day. She made a promise to her mom that they will meet the next day and when that day came, Jessica completely forgot about the promise and with a confused looked, asked her mother, who came to visit the dorm, “Mama, why are you here?”

HAHAHA LOL! clueless sica!

Philip Philip
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:24 PM

Ice princess.. So cold but lovable at the same time..

Thanks for the translation.. I enjoyed reading it all this while..

SNSD Hwaiting!!

chrbr001 chrbr001
  • Donors
  • 885 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:24 PM

jessica-unnie's charm of oversleeping is sooo cute. hahaha. when she oversleeps people think it's cute... but when i oversleep... sigh.. hahahahahah sica-unni jjang!

Tumblr & Twitter Hi.

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

YAY! Just as you promised! Thanks loads! :D

I like how this book gives a very summarised but informative view on the girls, and they delve not into info that can be easily googled. :) Learning something new every week with Memoirs.
Jung Sisters! <3 I love the closeness between them. I found the "Mama, why are you here?" incident really funny!!!! XD
Sica unnie is seriously more cute than icy. :D

Thanks for the translation! Can't wait for kid leader's next week!
Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

Starry Daisy Starry Daisy
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:44 PM

Good write on portraying our princess Sica. Thank you for your hard work.

LOL I didn't know the last fact, i thought it was so cute when she asked her mom why was she at their dorm XD

I'm on twitter

love_in_the_air love_in_the_air
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:45 PM

thank you haha, sica is no doubt too unique and adorable.
Her charm is undeniable, this girl is something hard to find on earth.

waiting for next week~ yay

TAEGANGER AND SUNSHINER

**sica 09** **sica 09**
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:51 PM

Also, Jessica would leave a number of cynical comments on fan sites. In response to one fan’s comment, “Jessica-unnie, come play with me,” she replied, “Go learn how to play by yourself,” and in response to another: “My older sister is teasing me, please scold her,” she replied, “Older sister, hwaiting!” Another fan wrote in English, “Your English is really good,” she cut it down in a single sweep, “Do you want to die?”

lol ~ haha .. she's really funny .. :lolol: :lolol:

She is known for her sharp-cutting character, but underneath she is also famous for being nice and Yuri gave her the name “warm ice” to describe her personality.

Kwon Seobang gave her the name "warm ice" ? yeah yulsic

Due to that sleeping habit, it even caused trouble for work. Even though 2 hours have passed since the gathering time for a program recording, Jessica still did not show up. The staff were in a great panic! For a moment, they were planning to call the police, but Jessica was found at home, sleeping in the bathtub with a tooth brush in her hand.

Bwahahahaha ~ :lolol: :lolol: i couldn't imagine her with a toothbrush in her hand while sleeping in the bathtub ... this is epic

Even though drunken habits can be bad, there are various types, such as those who become more confident or become maudlin, but in Jessica’s case, when she is drunk, she becomes a telephone addict. She starts making phone calls to all kinds of people. Moreover, Jessica, herself, does not even remember making those calls.

i wish she could call me even once :laugh: :blush:

:unworthy: :unworthy: THANKS FOR TRANSLATING :unworthy: :unworthy:
ssf staffs are Daebak !

Edited by **sica 09**, 06 June 2011 - 11:52 PM.

mVyOx.gif

tumblr_lobv33hVa61qej1wzo1_400.giftumblrmaf5g59zao1r2x03f.gif

tetsuya91 tetsuya91
  • Donors
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:52 PM

Finally,a translation of the book!

I scampered to order a copy of it,only to realize i couldn't understand the content beyond the first chapter( blame me for not taking my japanese lessons seriously).

I sincerely want to thank you for putting the time and effort into doing up this translation.
I look forward to the next chapter of the book.

^^

arigato ne.

sl8gS.png

Siggy Credit:PudingBunny@ssf

Twitter

MoonSoshi9 MoonSoshi9
  • Writers
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:52 PM

Haha I love reading these. Sica is especially interesting to read about because she has such differing characteristics about her personality.
She gives off this kind of austere feel a lot of the time but the second she cracks a smile it's like she is your best friend or something.

My favorite Sica moment was on an episode of Star Golden Bell and she was kind of chilling there like she normally does when she burst out laughing at someone else who had said "lactic battery acid."
She cracked up and couldn't control herself, omg I was in tears laughing along with her. Her reaction to it was just priceless. I fell in love with her right there.

Sica is an amazing person with a truly unique personality. You can't help but love her.

Thanks for the translations again!

iceyulsic iceyulsic
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

Our ever adorable Sicachu. Just goes to show how you really can't judge a book by its cover. They don't really show all of their personalities onstage, much more their other habits. It's amusing to see though, how we end up being all startled and surprised at these kinds of things. We absolutely love Jessica for who she is, our Warm Ice! She can intimidate those who don't know much, but she will always make us smile.

9DJpZ.png66VUi.png
Royal Shipper | Twitter

cr:iceyulsic

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3178 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

Hahaha Jessica is seriously hilarious. I remember on an episode of Star Golden Bell that Kim Jaedong had the skills to be the funniest of all the girls on variety shows, and even though she doesn't really mean to, I think he was right. The drunk story and the falling asleep in the bathtub are could make anyone laugh, and she's not even trying. Her bluntness is also really funny. Rather than being off-putting, it's actually an attractive trait haha. Thanks for another great chapter!

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:18 AM

:lolol: :lolol: Thanks so much for the translation I enjoyed it alot! OMFG Sica story cracks me up badly I'm so happy they share some things with us Sones that's rarely seen in public. Sica Effect is awesome lol, I bet them fans were seriously scared to get a cold reply and some loved it lol. How she does that with the sleeping for 16hrs straight? She's good and they forgot to put that sleeping is also one of her hobbies. I love Jung sisters bond it's beautiful. I like her motto so sweet no wonder the name "warm ice" fits her. Seriously it's messed up that the other members go quiet after Sica say something lol I would love to witness that in person. Yep I've seen that clip of the craze fangirl rushing Sica for a hug, it was so unexpected for real. I remember her saying something about her sleeping with the tooth brush on a guess show they did. Also I wonder if she started getting up early now after they made the rule of last person to get up had to clean up breakfast :lolol: . Ah Sica maybe ice water will do the trick on you, then again you might want to take someone's head off. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Sica drunkenness is hilarious! Is that why they say she's a "phone demon", I couldn't stop laughing at the name when I read it on her facts on soshified. Worst part not remembering a darn thing, oh Sica lucky the angels loves and understands you. Jeez this whole story just made my night like seriously now I can go sleep with a smile on my face. Thanks again for your hard work. Next our beautiful adorkable leader, can't wait to read.

BTW the book is on sale again and I'm hoping to snatch it this time.

S♥NE S♥NE
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

Kyaaa!!!! Sica is so cute and cool at the same time :D
I love her sense of humor and her unique habits~~
Jessica jjang! >w<

Thanks for translating~!
As a Gorjess Spazzer,
I'll make sure cucumbers will cease to exist, practice how to do a dolphin squeal-like scream, sleep whenever there's an opportunity; if there isn't then resort to day-dreaming,
wear Abercrombie and Fitch as much as possible, and learn my English badly: So I'll receive scolding from my lovely Sica. <3
Posted Image Posted Image

Ms.Vampire Ms.Vampire
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

she has such differing characteristics about her personality huh?
Haahaa..
OOhhh lol.. Last part..
Soooo cuteee and funny... Lol..
Gosh jessi. Hahahaa..
and part when she was falling asleep in the bathtub.. Its so cutee.. Gosh jessi..

U Я so jjang!!

Anw..thank you so much for the translation I enjoyed it... Alot! Hahahaaa..

icequeen1188 icequeen1188
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

thanks again for the jessica translation! I love getting to read these! It's so funny how "jessica is attacked" when she was just hugged lol.

there were a few little known facts in here, such as she was scouted during her sitting-in on the meeting, and that her mom was at the first concert. I'm so glad to have read this!

thanks again!

SNSD L-o-V-e SNSD L-o-V-e
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

thank for the translation...
lol... sica unnie has so much unique characters inside her...
she indeed a ice princess that warm every sone heart...
it so funny to know her drunk habits...

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:47 AM

Appreciate your hard work and effort in translation yet another memoir for us. Looking forward to next week once again.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing
@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night