[BOOK] Girls' Generation MemoirsCompleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic
Carol Sparrow* Carol Sparrow*
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:16 AM

Hahaha, Yuri is soo funny! How modest she was being thankful to Yoona and Taeyeon...

Thank you for this translation!
Well done! +__+
Great job, guys! Fighting!

HyoTaeNy~ My silly smile~

SONE WHENEVER... WHEREVER... FOR YOU!

xxCrazeeSONE xxCrazeeSONE
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

Thanks again for the translation!
She is kinda 4D. I have to admit. Ahaahha.
Thanks again for this. Wow, 1 week is passing by so fast. :)

JxStar JxStar
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:50 AM

Thank you so much for translating and sharing!
Without you, we wouldn't have a chance to understand all of this.
I really appreciate it and because of this we even get to know the girls more bit by bit ^______^

Posted Imageresist the ultimate dorkPosted Image

@JxStar_

serasera serasera
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

thankiu so much for the translation..i really appreciate it :)
sm town needs to provide more translated editions in english and also in korea for us international fans ^^

lkyx lkyx
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for translating :D
This book is cool!And their training are so strict.
looking forward to the remaining parts!

Jang SaeByuk Jang SaeByuk
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:44 AM

thanks for translating ! :)
lol health maniac.
i like takuyaki too, but i eat it 1 time only :P

Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals. To help and support them in their conquest of the world,
To diligently defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth, And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Pebbles123 Pebbles123
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

Sorry, I just read Sooyoung's part... >.>

Coincidentally, those legs caused a small problem. There were rumors spreading that Sooyoung was Vietnamese.

SM Entertainment came out and denied the issue saying that it was not true, but because Sooyoung has slim long legs, resounding looks, and tan skin, rumors still spread, wondering if she was really South East Asian. Moreover, so-called concrete information, such as her maternal grandmother was a 2nd generation Vietnamese or somebody on her mother’s side is South East Asian, surfaced like wildfire and confused many fans.

I really don't understand what's the big deal if she's part SE Asian. >.> They make it sound so bad...ugh.

yooNa! yooNa!
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

wow so nice of you to translate everything
i dont own the book since i cant understand it
but really thank you for translating

Jessica Forever ♥ Jessica Forever ♥
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Sooyoung is so awesome.. now i got to know more about our girls.

anyway thanks for translating <3

♥ ♥ ♥ What hurts them, will only make them s t r o n g e r.♥ ♥ ♥
True 소녀시대 fans believe in the THE POWER OF 9

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
p.s: My Thread

√on √on
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

The Girls are awsomeeee,..
Can't wait for the Maknae's Story :3
You should get TaeYeon next. I really like her though..
If you could, I think this thread will be popular these coming days..
Tnx for posting and translating! ~
Hwaitinggg ~

#byuntaengooyah||

[i][ON HIATUS♥]

Maelin Maelin
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

I'm so late on this but it is so interesting to read and knowing more about the members. I think I have already known most of them though. I didn't know that Yuri liked to eat healthy though.. I guess it's common knowledge though. Sorry, I'm slow on the uptake. Can't wait to read about the other members too!

~Taeyeon~Jessica~Sunny~Tiffany~Hyoyeon~Yuri~Sooyoung~Yoona~Seohyun~

Twitter

arghninja arghninja
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 446 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

1st day of the Japan tour! Is everybody excited? Fittingly, today's member translation is one who loves Japanese anime Keroro Gunso, maknae Seohyun! Now I want to eat a hamburger just to hear her say "you'll die!" ._. lol
Edit: Just noticed it's still Yoona's b-day here... yoonhyun anybody? lol

Seohyun
A healing innocence that anybody wants to protect

Name: Seo Juhyun
Birthdate: June 28th, 1991
Height/Bloodtype: 168cm/A
Hobby: Listening to music, reading
Education: Dongguk University, Theatre Arts Major
Specialty: Chinese, English, Japanese, playing the piano
Strong point: Modest
Weak point: Too serious

Complete self-management! The serious and pretty “model student”

When it comes to females, anybody should have an interest in beauty. It is all the better when you combine the point of becoming a “pretty” idol.

And there is no other serious initiative girl as pretty as Seohyun. Because of her diligence, even the members call her the “model student.”

Well then, just how much is she a model student? First, she sleeps at midnight. According to Seohyun, skin cells rejuvenate at night, so she aims to go to bed by midnight. However, the members find it “too thorough” and seem unpopular among them.

Also, she tries not to eat instant food and fast food. From the start, she likes healthy food beyond anything.

But she seems to dislike hamburgers and carbonated items and when she saw Sunny eating a hamburger she blurted out without thinking: “If you eat those kinds of food, you will die.” Sunny rebutted, “It’s not like it’s poisoned, so it’s alright to eat it as much as you like.”

It is amazing how diligent she is as well as her strong self-restraint she puts upon herself and that is one her biggest charms. However, her overly serious personality sometimes baffles the other members.

The diligent girl’s favorite book genre is self-improvement

When it becomes the time where students apply for university every year, the topic of entertainer’s education comes up. A sudden interest in broad and miscellaneous knowledge within Japan’s entertainment world occurs and for example, even idols pursue a general education. People with various knowledge spheres appear on T.V. shows as well as talents whose main sell point is their higher education.

On the other hand, in Korea, where society is based on academic background, entertainers also pursue an academic background. Among them, Seohyun is famous for her intelligence and former portal site Bugs conducted a survey, “Who fits the image of a lawyer the best among entertainers?” and Seohyun shined as number one.

Fitting that image, she studies on her own without any one telling her to, is currently attending university, and juggles both school and entertainment activities.

Her hobby is reading. She especially likes getting up early in the morning to read.

What kind of books does she like to read? It seems like she likes to read self-improvement books that not a lot of young girls typically read. There may be people out there wondering why she reads those books and you will understand once you hear the reason. She was separated from home and entered society at a young age; she didn’t ask her parents for advice even through tough times and instead, read self-improvement books during that time and solved her problems.

When you hear this reason, even if you are not fan, you will want to cheer her on.

Popular idol now, but at one time conservative too

Idols are doing activities in the glamorous world of entertainment. That fashion attracts the eyes of a lot of females and a lot of fans often copy the girls’ hairstyles, clothes, bags, shoes, and more.

Nevertheless, Girls’ Generation right now is stylish and has become a fashionable icon, but Seohyun was conservative a little before now.

In those days, even if she was just buying one set of clothes, she would ask the advice of the other members.

However, she finally developed some fashion sense to pick out items by herself and now worries about the clothing for the photo shoot the day before the shoot. She finally has some interest in being fashionable.

Seohyun, who is a model student, was at first too serious and did her very best at dance and singing lessons without paying attention to the fashionable trends that girls her age would have interest in.

A traditional innocence that does poorly with males

It is an unspoken rule in the entertainment world for idols not to be associated with any males, but recently a lot of idols have broke the rules and is making wide spread clamor.

From the view point of fans, however, they do not want to see their idols going out with anybody. The innocent idol that caters to those feelings is Seohyun.

She has an austere personality and it seems she never dated before. More than anything, it seems she is uncomfortable around males.

Even her own members scold her on that topic: “You’re already 20. Aren’t you avoiding boys too much? We can see the strong dislike for them. Be a good girl,” she did not listen to them and replied, “It’s not that I dislike them, I have no interest in them.” In these days, she is a unique pure girl.

Even though that is said, she is still an adolescent. It’s not that she has no interest whatsoever, but she wants to get married by 30.

However, many males who still support her. Tohoshinki’s mood maker Junsu, who is in the same agency, is also said to have taken interest in her straight forward personality.

In Japan, she might be one of the endangered “pure and innocent idols.” Naturally, one after another people’s hearts are healed by that pure-heartedness.

An unexpected side of her she does not show in front of the camera

Whether in private or at work, everybody knows of the serious and diligent Seohyun, but living with the other members at the dorm she shows a completely different side.

Jessica mentioned, “You always have a lady-like manner, but at the dorm you say a lot of complaints. It’s unlimited sayings of ‘I’m tired’ or ‘I’m angry.’” However, Seohyun replied, “It is because I was influenced by you.”

On T.V. she is reserved and does not stand in front often, but privately, she seems to say whatever is on her mind. When Yuri said, “For the first 3 months, no matter how many times I tried talking to you, you never replied back,” Seohyun rebutted, “I thought you were scary.”

Also, when Seohyun dyed her hair, the wig she had for work was left out in the living room, so when Sunny and Sooyoung came back from work late at night it scared them to death. Seohyun, who is said to be too serious, sometimes show a careless side like this as well.

Because Seohyun is the youngest among the members, she is called “maknae.” She gets a lot of attention of really being like a younger sister from all the members and said happily, “I always wanted an older sister, so I’m really happy to be able to have 8 older sisters.” All the more reason of when the older sisters of Girls’ Generation are not around she might unconsciously show a side that she normally does not.

The ideal Akiba-er? Her favorite things are anime and manga

From Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon to Neon Genesis Evangelion, Japanese animation has surpassed national borders and extremely popular. In countries around the world from adults to kids, they are all glued to the T.V. watching.

That is also the same in Korea. Starting with Sunny liking the super popular comic even in Japan, “One Piece,” even members of Girls’ Generation are fans of Japanese animation and comics.

It is known that among the members, Seohyun likes anime, especially “Keroro Gunso,” and has even tackled voice acting for the Korean dub of “Keroro Gunso.” Furthermore, actively taking part in voice acting, she also dubbed the Korean version of “Despicable Me” as the younger sister, Edith.

Seohyun, who also likes Japanese comics, is a fan of “Nodame Cantabile,” and she is a fan of Ueno Juri, who played the role of Noda Megumi in the drama. For that reason, when Ueno Juri was visiting Korea to promote the movie “Nodame Cantabile,” she also appeared as a guest on the virtual marriage show, “We Got Married.”

Pure-hearted Seohyun, who likes anime and comics, is without a doubt Girls’ Generation’s cutest.

The root of Seohyun’s seriousness comes from her mom!

She uses honorifics even with members of Girls’ Generation and still modest even though she is popular now. No matter how busy she gets, she still attends class at Dongguk University and never neglects her school work.

The reason for her seriousness could be due to her parents.

Seohyun’s family is just her and her parents. Therefore, as the only child, she was raised very preciously. It is known that Seohyun’s mom is the director of a piano school and Seohyun is also skilled in playing the piano thanks to the coaching from her mother.

Also, she was very thoroughly taught about food and finance, and there was an episode during their trainee days where Yuri borrowed money for the bus fare from Seohyun, who rode together with Yuri, and afterwards, she kept a record down to the 10 won she is owed.

Korea is more passionate towards education than Japan. There are questions on how to train kids to keep studying and if the child is raised to be a diligent good kid like Seohyun, there are sure to be many moms out there that want to know training process.

Next week: My bias >.>

Dralia88 Dralia88
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

this is really why I like SEobaby! :D
lets cheer her up and SNSD too!!

HIMNAE! SARANGHAE :)

:wub:

SicaLove12 SicaLove12
  • Donors
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

Thank you for translating for us. I really love Seohyun she is just too cute!

revgail revgail
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

Yes! I was waiting for this!
Thank you so much for translating. :D

Posted Image
Seobaby~

llc1281 llc1281
  • Donors
  • 1449 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

Aw Soshi cute baby sister so beautiful. Man I wish I had her strong-willed and determination.
Seobaby don't change you're seriously a superwoman who tear down obstacles to get on top no matter what.
Keep being a inspiration to your unnie sisters and to us Sones around the world. Saranghaeyo!!!
She's obsessed with Keroro, someone should buy her a whole building of Keroro stuff I bet that would be heaven for her :laugh: .
She's beast on the piano, I can't stop watching the video where she's playing the Chopin piece and also that little concert they had on the Chocolate Show, the Gee ballad was nice too. And of course I can't forget her ITNW solo and also the one where she's playing for Taeyeon :wub: .
I laugh at her saying Jessica influence her, at where she think Yuri was scary, and my favorite scaring SooSun to death with her wig :lolol: .
I'm happy she has Soshi as her sisters even if they aren't blood relatives that's pretty much how it feels to her I'm sure and to me too when I see them together.
Lastly thank you God for her improving on her flexibility around her Soshi sisters :lolol: and for her becoming a serious high class fashionista now. Man her fashion sense is just DAYUM! that's all I'm going to say. Thank you arghninja for the awesome translation, so much hard work. nuff :respect: to you and I'm looking forward to reading your bias. :unworthy: :thumbup: :heart:

Caricactures Caricactures
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

Yay, just as you promised! :D This article really focuses on Seohyun's model-likeness in everything. Seobabys so awesome that way! And her rebuttals to Yuri and Sica really made me LOL!

Oh and Hwaiting!!! to the girls for the Japan arena tour!

Thanks for the translation! Can't wait for the next one! :D
Posted Image
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

Posted Image

sheni sheni
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

omo SEOHUYN too cute
i fins seohuyn so special and attractive
i lke she firt and the more i know her the more i love her
i cant believe there's a girl like her in this world especially in entertainment industry
seohuyn ah i'll support you and snsd 4ever

wpf wpf
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

Awww that's why I love Seobaby :)

She's such a gem - she's like, good at everything, but isn't the type you can hate/be jealous of.
In fact, I feel so proud of her, and she's like a "model" role-model ^^. I will always cheer her on - my fave kpop idol for life :D
<3 Seohyun <3

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:51 AM

Enjoyed reading through the latest one and i hope you would keep up the good work. Looking forward to next week.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing