★4th Anniversary: Send Girls' Generation a Postcard★
▀▄▀▄ about the project !
This is actually one of the first threads we're going to open for our 4th Anniversary Projects. We're hoping through this we can help so the Girls all the love from around the world through postcards. Postcards are unique to every country/city so the more diverse of a selection the more awesome this project will be so hopefully everyone follows the rules and mails their postcards in time. Please follow the rules or we can not send your postcard. We will hopefully take all the postcards with your messages and include them in a huge globe to give to Girls' Generation!
▀▄▀▄ what you can do !
- join the project (keep reading)
- help advertise
▀▄▀▄ guidelines !
↗ types of postcards
- bought only! please pick a postcard that has a nice scenic picture of your country/city or something unqiue.
- cardboard material only. Not printing paper
↗ postcard dimensions
- The minimum size for a postcard is 5 inches long (12.7 cm) and 3 ½ inches high (8.89 cm). The maximum size for postcards is 6 inches long(15.24 cm) and 4 ¼ inches (10.79 cm) high
↗ what must be on your postcard
- message itself
- (this should go at the end of your message) Username @soshified e.g grandma deer @soshified followed by
- City - Country e.g Auckland - New Zealand
- You may include your real name if you wish to but username and locations is a must.
- Include "Right now it's a Global Generation [Global Generation can be left in English wherever it fits in the phrase -- if you don't know of another language it's fine to leave it in English but please include this towards the end.] Happy 4th Anniversary, Girls' Generation!" in your native language. You can also write a short message to the Girls (keep in mind to not overflow the postcard. 3-4 lines is sufficient). All messages will be screened so make sure to check the CAN and CANNOT section before you write your postcard.
↗ content of message/ideas for what to write
- congratulate the girls on their 4th anni
- tell them about your country
- a place in your country/city you would recommend them visiting.
- remember the theme of this project is "Global Generation". We want to show SNSD the world!
- You may decorate your postcard with drawings and stickers etc but make sure your message is clear and can be read
↗ what you CANNOT write on the postcard
- Absolutely no profanity and offensive messages
- No sexual content. Keep it PG
- The postcard is addressed to SNSD as a whole so please no not write anything bias including pairings e.g "Taeyeon your are my favorite member" or "SunSic is the best pairing on earth"
- When you are telling them about your country DON'T DEMAND THEM TO COME TO YOUR COUNTRY. Instead write something like "if you visit New Zealand I would take you girls to.."
- No other type of identification and that includes emails or addresses or phone numbers because that's just plain creepy
- Do not advertise other fansites
- All postcards will be skimmed for appropriateness and we have the right to trash any cards that we deem inappropriate
↗ acceptable and unacceptable examples
▀▄▀▄ deadline & etc !
- Deadline: July 15, 2011 (please make sure you check with your post office and allow enough time for the postcard to reach us. It is your problem if the postcard doesn't come in time.
- If you are unsure about what to do then leave your question in this thread
▀▄▀▄ checklist & where to send your postcard !
- Please make sure to send your post card in an envelope! And do not just send us the postcard directly. If you want to donate to use this as an opportunity to mail a donation (USD only) for the 4th Anniversary as well please leave a note with your username and the amount.
- After you've finished your post card please fill this out and post in the thread:
Username: Country: Postcard: (post a url of a picture of your postcard)
- Address to send your postcard is:
1138 N. Germantown Pkwy
Cordova, TN 38016
Thread format by grandma deer and poster/banner is by ciocio