• Donors
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:12 PM

SNSD on the front cover:
Posted Image

SNSD – Revealing the Trend of Beautiful Legs

Posted Image

1 Intro
Many times when you walk across big electronic shops, you’ll see 60 inch HD televisions playing; it is either Joey Yung’s (Hong Kong singer) commercials or the super popular Korean girl group SNSD’s MVs. Seeing SNSD dancing and singing in their MVs, with their nine pairs of beautiful legs non-stop moving, it makes you think that the television is worth buying. Other than just beautiful legs, SNSD ‘s nine members are all young, pretty looking, and with their catchy songs, guy and girl fans are all falling for them. SNSD has debuted for three years, other than being Korea’s number one girl group, they have also been popular all over South-East Asia and has recently been successful even in the Japanese market!

Posted Image

2 Training for a Long Time Before Debuting
SNSD’s members include: Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun. These nine that always show off their beautiful long legs have an average age of 20.4 years old. Being so young and dominating all over Asia, they should really be researched (looked up on internet). To fully understand them, we need to start from their music, television, image etc different perspectives. Let’s talk about music first. SNSD was created by Korea’s largest entertainment company SM Entertainment. Since ten years ago SM has been choosing candidates to become members of SNSD through competitions and different functions. For example Jessica, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung entered SM very early to become trainees and finally officially debuted in 2007.

3 Very Good Results on their First Disc
When SNSD first debuted in Korea, a member of the group was revealed to the public everyday and it created a lot of news and attention for the group. Ever since, SNSD’s album sales in Korea have never been less than 100,000 copies. For example <Girls’ Generation> sold over 100,000 copies and afterwards with their popular song Gee, they released their first full album which sold over 150,000 copies. Earlier this year the release of <Oh!> had preorders of over 150,000 copies. If including the repackaged album, the count will be over 200,000 copies. Just with these numbers compared to Hong Kong singers who only sell around 10,000 copies of their discs, there really is a big difference. (Translator’s note: Hong Kong’s music industry has been dying for the past 5 years due to too much people illegally downloading music off the internet causing a significant drop in album sales. Please support the girls by purchasing their music legally.)

Posted Image

4 Japan’s Popularity
This year for the first time SNSD has released a single in Japanese. In September SNSD revealed their first Japanese song <Genie> and 75,000 copies were sold immediately. For 3 weeks, Genie was also able to clinch a spot in the top 10 on the Japanese Oricon charts. In total there could easily been 100,000 copies sold. For a new group debuting in Japan, this is incredible result especially when SNSD aren’t native Japanese singers. Because of that, many television shows have been reporting on the SNSD craze. Recently in Japan, a magazine taught readers how to dance to SNSD’s songs using cartoon images. This week SNSD will be releasing their second Japanese single <Gee> and sales will for sure break more records!

5 Charging into Taiwan with Success
Even though SNSD is very popular in Japan and Korea, they are also popular in other parts of Asia. This year SNSD has been starting their Asia Concert and the first stop was Korea. Other places included Shanghai and Taiwan. Last weekend SNSD performed two shows in Taiwan with both shows’ tickets being sold out within one day. Even Taiwanese artists that wanted to watch were unable to go in with special privileges. During the concert SNSD didn’t just sing their group songs such as Gee, Genie, Kissing You and Oh! but members also did solo performances as well.

Posted Image

6 Approaching Different Routes
Some credit of SNSD’s popularity will have to be given to SM. SM spent a lot of time on promoting them. Other than just group activities, members have individual schedules as well – appearing as radio DJs, television MCs, appearing in dramas, and acting in musical as well as movies etc. Talking about attention, Seohyun and CNBLUE’s Yonghwa has been acting as a couple in We Got Married. Even though it is a fake marriage they seem to be like a real couple now. SNSD members often appear in other singer’s MVs. For example Jessica appeared in Super Junior-M’s Super Girl MV, Yoona appeared in DBSK’s Magic Castle MV etc.

7 Linking with the Financial World
SNSD’s popularity all over South East Asia has attracted many fans but they also have popularity in the business/financial world. An earlier article about “Korea’s idol groups leading a new trend of Korean wave” mentioned that Korean idol groups are able to leave a good impression and be welcomed by the global community. A financial company also mentioned that SM will have huge profits that lead to the rising of SM’s stocks because of SNSD promoting in the overseas markets.

Posted Image

8 Attractive Concepts
The reason why SNSD is so successful is not just because of their catchy songs and dances but their concepts are also very attractive. Earlier this year there was a poll in Korea for ‘the girl with the most natural beauty’ was won by Seohyun. Following Seohyun was Kara’s Seung-Yeon and 2NE1’s Dara. Other than Seohyun being voted as number one for the girl with the most natural beauty, fans also voted Jessica as the ‘artist most suitable for blonde hair’, beating SHINee’s Jonghyun for the number one position. No wonder Jessica earlier appeared in the musical Legally Blonde.

9 Earning Quick Money - Queen of CFs
Because of their popularity SNSD has been able to film many CF’s since their debut. In Korea, they have three secured CF’s: including the food and drinks company miero, clothing brand SPAO, and the LG cell phone. Earlier a few members of SNSD along with a few Super Junior members went to a photoshoot for a clothing CF. With the photos having handsome guys and beautiful girls, fans are mesmerized automatically to buy their endorsed clothing. SNSD’s popularity will exist for a long time but when will SNSD come to Hong Kong?

scanned and translated by: gabli
original article: Yes!! magazine vol. 1023

***If there are any mistranslations please pm me. I did leave out a couple lines in some parts.

Fanyism

Taeng DJ

TYj TYj
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:40 PM

Awesome... thank you for the translation :] although i can read chinese.. i havent seen this mag for quite sometime... thank you so much.. i wonder if i still can get a copy somewhere :]

supermel supermel
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1099 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

great article on the girls~~
glad to see they're really getting huge amounts of interest in other countries!
thank you so much for the translations!

Posted Image

지금은 소녀시대 .앞으로도 소녀시대. 영원히 소녀시대.
"The energy they radiate when all the members are together is just beyond anything imaginable."

dan4413jwfJUH dan4413jwfJUH
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

Thanks for the translation....really interesting...Jessica as the ‘artist most suitable for blonde hair’, TOTALLY AGREED :DD
Jes♥♥SicaPosted ImagePosted ImageThe Soshi Theory- So Nyuh Shi Dae+Sone=9+1 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Posted Image

LamesterC LamesterC
  • Donors
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

Thanks for the translation of this magazine!

Hope SNSD will be always successful in everything they doing!!!

SNSD FIGHTING!!!

Posted Image

Antino Antino
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:08 PM

Wow this article was quite interessting
It's like a summary for their whole success in japan :D
Thank you for your hard translating ;)
Well our Soshis are unbeatable *hehe*
I love them <3

looks like the article was released before they promoted gee in japan. I think there would much much more facts after they knew that gee is going to be a hit in japan again *keke*

Thank you again for your hard translating :D

Posted Image

SOSHIBOND is REAL <3

sciencedork123 sciencedork123
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:45 PM

Thank you so much for sharing the translation to this article!
Love reading how the girls turned so successful!
It always tears me up a little bit, knowing how hard the girls worked to get to where they are today!
Posted Image Posted Image

credits: Vtension @ Soshified for icon and banners

As a fanytastics member, I promise to love and cherish all that is pink, To remain secretive with all my dancing mistakes, To outshine others with my aegyo and smiling eyes, And to do everything I can to spread the word about our Brighter than Gems Fany Fany Tiffany! <3

nOwhere nOwhere
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

Thank you for sharing this
article with us..
i really really thankful..
wah...!!Both of them are so good..
i will not regret to become a sone.. :thumbup:

tphasouk tphasouk
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

Great article, thanks for the translations! Not that it something we dont already know, its still nice to know people are interested in SNSD.

ty9soshi ty9soshi
  • Donors
  • 2061 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:14 AM

thanks for the translation.
nice article! it's SNSD wave all over the asia.
i remember what taeyeon said "Welcome welcome welcome~.. welcome to the Soshi world" (hello baby) hehe.. thats what happening right now.. We are now in the Soshi world full of wonders..

dSbN5SkD dSbN5SkD
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1751 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:39 AM

thanx a lot for translating.
9 cool reasons for the 9 beautiful angels' success.
im so proud of them.it is not an overnight success.
the soshi girls worked so hard to be where they are now.
they deserve to be there and enjoy the success that they earned.
way to go girls.

Arcaminisce Arcaminisce
  • Donors
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

Interesting article, should get a hold of this magazine if i want to get the full detail (i know chinese)^^

Thx and appreciate for the translation!!

Posted Image

snditzz snditzz
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:11 AM

Thanks for sharing and the translations =]
SNSD sure makes a name for themselves almost everywhere they go.
They had such great success in both Korea and Japan and fans occupy almost the entire globe :thumbup:
Working hard to their success is one thing, but remember to stay healthy too =]
SNSD Hwaiting~~ :rambo: Always

Sooyoung'loves Sooyoung'loves
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1961 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:44 AM

Thanks a lot for translating this!!!
There is a lot of countries which wants snsd to go there now!
And Soshi put in so much hard work to achieve this success, they deserve it.
Posted Image

LavaBlade LavaBlade
  • Donors
  • 1640 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:48 AM

Thanks for the share and translations! Quite an interesting article!

and its true that SNSD always appear on the TV screens in the electronics stores,
always nice to see the HD MVs on those huge screens. haha.
Proud to see the girls so successful! i'm sure it will continue on!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

5 years of Girls' Generation

SNSD | 소녀시대 | Girls' Generation | 少女時代

Jigeumeun Appurodo Yeongwonhi!

Hayley Hayley
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3051 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:54 AM

Hi, thanks for the translation.
More and more countries want SNSD to promote in their country, SNSD is really popular now.
Hwaiting SNSD!

cedge cedge
  • Media
  • 3268 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for translating and posting this article! :D

그냥 웃자

Twitter

F-Oz F-Oz
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:46 AM

hey thanks for translating and sharing this article with us :thumbup:

related with number 7, I'm a little surprised when a Japanese economy magazine make SNSD as front cover of their magazine(it is said this has never happened before, (they pick celebrities as they front cover))....... likely SNSD impact on the world of economy it is significant!

YEAH!! they are (SNSD) totally amazing >//////<

sark sark
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:01 AM

Very nice, like the translation. Thank you for translating this and also for the scanned original magazine's pages.. Looking forward to the other magazine's article.
Posted Image

snsdazzled snsdazzled
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:05 AM

this is indeed an interesting article...
I specifically love the ending, for no reason. :D
but I bet SNSD will go to HK soon... :)
this is a good example of article that covers most of the significant thing about snsd.

thanks a lot for the translation. ^_^

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot