Photo

[ARTICLE] Tae Yeon in Singapore10.06.03 || Tae Yeon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
260 replies to this topic
wh! wh!
  • Media
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:37 AM

The following article was published in a chinese newspaper (Lianhe Wan Bao) in Singapore.

Posted Image
Credits: blog.omy.sg/wbnews/

Translation:

The leader of SNSD, one of the most popular Korean pop groups, SNSD or Girls’ Generation, had arrived in Singapore secretly with her family for a short holiday. However, once she was spotted by her fans, she was followed everywhere by over a hundred fans.

SNSD, the popular Kpop girl group groomed by SM Entertainment, is also Super Junior’s junior in the the Korean music industry, have a rather large loyal group of fans (SONES) in SG despite not having performed or visited Singapore since their debut in 07. On 31st May, Kim Tae Yeon had made used of her holiday break and visited Singapore with her family while travelling in low profile. (All 9 members of SNSD are currently on vacation before continuing with their activities.)

It is believed that for her first trip to SG, Tae Yeon has been travelling in low profile and she visited Sentosa’s Universal Studios, Vivocity, as well as travelled on the ‘Duck Tours’ without any crew or bodyguards around.

Kim Tae Yeon was spotted at the Singapore Flyer, dressed in casual wear, along with sunglasses to try to remain as low profile as possible, but she was still spotted by her sharp eyed fans there. The fans shouted excitedly, kept cheering and calling out her name while taking pictures and flashing the cameras right in her face, causing her to say ‘’please no pictures’’ in a slightly offended tone. The 18 secs clip taken of the incident has been uploaded online, and had active response, hitting over 25k views already.

Previously, when FTIsland had visited Singapore, one of their members had been ‘ambushed’ outside the hotel by fans.

Similarly, Kim Tae Yeon had also encountered crazy fans, who were rumored to have pulled at her hair. (However, there is another version of the incident where an itchy handed fan had reached out and grabbed at her hands.)

After the news had leaked, fans had left many messages online reprimanding the unruly actions of pulling at Tae Yeon’s hair and hands. Some fans had also reprimanded the others, saying that ‘’Tae Yeon is here for a holiday, and we should respect her privacy, as well as care about her feelings…. Please do not harass her, and if you see her please do not follow her and take photos’’.

It is said that Tae Yeon has already left Singapore and returned to Korea.

Online fans had mentioned on her FACEBOOK fan page that it was already part of her schedule to come to Singapore for a short trip, so she did not leave Singapore earlier just because she was spotted by fans. They also stated that Tae Yeon was not angry about her fans’ actions, but she felt apologetic to her family members who were travelling with her.

This section is under the same article but not related to Tae Yeon's trip in Singapore:

SNSD has come out strong, and together with their seniors Super Junior, they have taken the lion’s share of album sales in Singapore for the top half of the year.

SNSD is a 9-girl group groomed by SM Entertainment which had debuted in 07, and within 2 years, they had achieved high levels of popularity within Korea, China, Taiwan, and Thailand as well as within many other Asian countries. Each member had roles in movies, TV dramas, hosted television programs and had also been seen in many commercials. At the same time, various members are also well versed in Chinese, English and Japanese among many other talents.

Recently, for the top half of the year, results of albums sales in Korea has shown that SNSD, together with Super Junior have the highest records of sales, the 2 groups taking 1st and 2nd place respectively, with album sales shooting past 100k. At the same time, only the 2 groups SNSD and SJ had taken the top 4 places for album sales, while the mini album of Kpop king Rain had only taken 6th place.

Cr : LIANHE WANBO , translated by SNSDinmylife (Soshified Singapore),
QC-ed & edited by smirk7 (Soshified Singapore), posted by wh! (Soshified Singapore)

Guys, feel free to comment but keep in mind that this is our translation for this piece of news. Whatever is written is not me nor the translators' views. Our views on this greatly differs from what is written on the article.

Thanks for moving the thread, mods!

Edited by wh!, 05 June 2010 - 08:45 AM.

XvFXN.png
"If there's one thing we genuinely wish for, it's for all nine of our SNSD members to go together until the end" - 소녀시대 (Girls' Generation)
@weihenheng | Youtube Channels: Personal | Performances

iamralph iamralph
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:46 AM

Poor Taeyeon!:( She couldn't even enjoy a peaceful vacation with her family. Taking photos of her I could understand but flashing it in front of her face and pulling her hair and her hands were too much!

Jelly_smt Jelly_smt
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:03 AM

Look likes a children
Super cute Taengooo ah~~~~~

Jelly_smt Jelly_smt
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:04 AM

Look likes a children
Super cute Taengooo ah~~~~~

Sin2710 Sin2710
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

Awww... That would have been very rude to flash cameras infront of her. Those fans are overacted...
TaeYeon looks cute in that pics. :D

Posted Image

soshiluv9 soshiluv9
  • Donors
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:39 AM

Firstly, 'Lianhe Wan Bao' is regarded as a gossip paper in singapore. You could say it is equiavalent to UK newspaper 'The Sun'.

"The leader of SNSD, one of the most popular Korean pop groups, SNSD or Girls’ Generation, had arrived in Singapore secretly with her family for a short holiday. However, once she was spotted by her fans, she was followed everywhere by over a hundred fans."

This estimate is an exaggeration. The only time where there might have been over 100 fans would be at the Singapore Flyer. After that, most fans did not know her whereabouts, and stopped stalking.

"The fans shouted excitedly, kept cheering and calling out her name while taking pictures and flashing the cameras right in her face, causing her to say ‘’please no pictures’’ in a slightly offended tone. The 18 secs clip taken of the incident has been uploaded online, and had active response, hitting over 25k views already."

1. There was only 1 person that used a polaroid with heavy flash right in her face. That person has been spotted at ALL kpop events in Singapore, and should not be regarded as a SONE.
2. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yj2XSK3ieE4 This is the 18 second video mentioned in the article. It can be clearly seen that Taeyeon does not sound or look offended at all. In fact, she was politely asking fans to stop taking pictures, and the fans there apologised.
3. As can be seen in the numerous fancams, fans kept their distance, and did not really crowd or 'mob' Taeyeon.

"Similarly, Kim Tae Yeon had also encountered crazy fans, who were rumored to have pulled at her hair. (However, there is another version of the incident where an itchy handed fan had reached out and grabbed at her hands.)"

There was NO SUCH INCIDENT.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9t3BW9kOKlQ

This is a video of Taeyeon safely reaching her chartered bus with her family, without any fans going near them, much less grabbing and pulling at Taeyeon’s hands/hair. Everyone near Taeyeon was her family and the staff that accompanied them to the Singapore Flyer.

"Online fans had mentioned on her FACEBOOK fan page that it was already part of her schedule to come to Singapore for a short trip, so she did not leave Singapore earlier just because she was spotted by fans. They also stated that Tae Yeon was not angry about her fans’ actions, but she felt apologetic to her family members who were travelling with her."

This news was first posted by @bossa747 on TWITTER, not on facebook.
http://twitter.com/b...tus/15248704908

cedge cedge
  • Media
  • 3268 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:31 AM

First of all, it's important to note that either the translation or the original article contains gross exaggerations.
Only ONE inconsiderate individual put the camera in front of her and took a photo with the flash on.
And no one "pulled her hair" or "grabbed her hands".

Hurray for bad journalism.

causing her to say ‘’please no pictures’’ in a slightly offended tone. The 18 secs clip taken of the incident has been uploaded online, and had active response, hitting over 25k views already.

I haven't read the article myself, since I don't subscribe to Lianhe Wanbao (which, by the way, is pretty much a tabloid newspaper). But I've been told that the term used is "无奈". If that's the case, then "slightly offended tone" is not only a mistranslation, it's misleading and has the potential to cause unnecessary drama.
A better translation of "无奈" would be helpless.

I suggest watching that video yourself. Taeyeon was definitely not offended in that particular video.

그냥 웃자

Twitter

doe doe
  • Donors
  • 1809 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:39 AM

You posted this in the wrong section. All translated articles belong in the Translated Goodies section.

Moving.

b9DS6.png

© a: glasstained@lj; s: danhobak

wh! wh!
  • Media
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:55 AM

I, myself, also do not agree to some of the terms used here by the journalists as I was there and knew actually what happened. This is a translation, and my own views on this topic greatly differs from what is written on the article. I started this thread to share this piece of news with everyone so please do not bash the translators as they were only trying their best to translate this piece of news to non-chinese sones. Peace out :)

Edited by wh!, 03 June 2010 - 04:04 AM.

XvFXN.png
"If there's one thing we genuinely wish for, it's for all nine of our SNSD members to go together until the end" - 소녀시대 (Girls' Generation)
@weihenheng | Youtube Channels: Personal | Performances

SNSDinmylife SNSDinmylife
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:10 AM

Firstly, 'Lianhe Wan Bao' is regarded as a gossip paper in singapore. You could say it is equiavalent to UK newspaper 'The Sun'.

"The leader of SNSD, one of the most popular Korean pop groups, SNSD or Girls’ Generation, had arrived in Singapore secretly with her family for a short holiday. However, once she was spotted by her fans, she was followed everywhere by over a hundred fans."

This estimate is an exaggeration. The only time where there might have been over 100 fans would be at the Singapore Flyer. After that, most fans did not know her whereabouts, and stopped stalking.

"The fans shouted excitedly, kept cheering and calling out her name while taking pictures and flashing the cameras right in her face, causing her to say ‘’please no pictures’’ in a slightly offended tone. The 18 secs clip taken of the incident has been uploaded online, and had active response, hitting over 25k views already."

1. There was only 1 person that used a polaroid with heavy flash right in her face. That person has been spotted at ALL kpop events in Singapore, and should not be regarded as a SONE.
2. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yj2XSK3ieE4 This is the 18 second video mentioned in the article. It can be clearly seen that Taeyeon does not sound or look offended at all. In fact, she was politely asking fans to stop taking pictures, and the fans there apologised.
3. As can be seen in the numerous fancams, fans kept their distance, and did not really crowd or 'mob' Taeyeon.

"Similarly, Kim Tae Yeon had also encountered crazy fans, who were rumored to have pulled at her hair. (However, there is another version of the incident where an itchy handed fan had reached out and grabbed at her hands.)"

There was NO SUCH INCIDENT.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9t3BW9kOKlQ

This is a video of Taeyeon safely reaching her chartered bus with her family, without any fans going near them, much less grabbing and pulling at Taeyeon’s hands/hair. Everyone near Taeyeon was her family and the staff that accompanied them to the Singapore Flyer.

"Online fans had mentioned on her FACEBOOK fan page that it was already part of her schedule to come to Singapore for a short trip, so she did not leave Singapore earlier just because she was spotted by fans. They also stated that Tae Yeon was not angry about her fans’ actions, but she felt apologetic to her family members who were travelling with her."

This news was first posted by @bossa747 on TWITTER, not on facebook.
http://twitter.com/b...tus/15248704908

Hey ppl chill chill, i was the one who translated it first
and i would say im not the best translator around
sorry for the mistranslation of "??" .
and den stop using the video thing to comment abt us, we have an even better video compared to fancams available online, so we do know that she was actually smiling a lot.
secondly yes we know that the news is exaggerating, but im just translating it.
so do not bring it up to wh, bring it up to me if anyone of you has issues.

like he said, he has a different view, so do i.
we knew what really happened there, but den we didnt want to add our own views in the translation
so yeah, pls keep ur comments to yourselves
just read the article and enjoy the pics

saraisha saraisha
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:13 AM

OMG taengoo was in SG?!?!? hope she enjoyed the sights here.... i would have wanted to see her in person but after hearing that she felt harassed maybe not.... she was trying to enjoy her time here in SG... surely she felt distressed... hope that didn't dampen her time here!!!

soshiluv9 soshiluv9
  • Donors
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:18 AM

Hey ppl chill chill, i was the one who translated it first
and i would say im not the best translator around
sorry for the mistranslation of "??" .
and den stop using the video thing to comment abt us, we have an even better video compared to fancams available online, so we do know that she was actually smiling a lot.
secondly yes we know that the news is exaggerating, but im just translating it.
so do not bring it up to wh, bring it up to me if anyone of you has issues.

like he said, he has a different view, so do i.
we knew what really happened there, but den we didnt want to add our own views in the translation
so yeah, pls keep ur comments to yourselves
just read the article and enjoy the pics

I'm not bashing the poster or the translator here, in fact, thank you to you guys for your hard work at translating. :) If anything, it should be the reporter who should be fired for not verifying the rumours before writing an article.

But there are always people who are going to believe whatever newspapers report, so rather than showing them one biased side of the story, let's show them both. :)

Again, thanks for translating, and I mean no harm to you or wh!.

SNSDinmylife SNSDinmylife
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:21 AM

I'm not bashing the poster or the translator here, in fact, thank you to you guys for your hard work at translating. :) If anything, it should be the reporter who should be fired for not verifying the rumours before writing an article.

But there are always people who are going to believe whatever newspapers report, so rather than showing them one side of the story, let's show them both. :)

Again, thanks for translating, and I mean no harm to you or wh!.

haha kk,
ps oso i see your post jus now den abit dulan, haha

anyway, enjoy the article ppl!!!
taengoo hwaitaeng!!

getcapefly getcapefly
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:21 AM

Ironically, tabloids in Singapore like to over exaggerate stuff once again. Well, mainly because most newspapers won't cover events such like this, especially when it's on a personal vacation. Most fans know better then to do stuff like that.

Posted Image
my sweetest delight, Jesshika/Sica/Ice Princess(:

Saffa Saffa
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:22 AM

Glad she's taking a break to singapore with her family! ;) I know that fans are really excited. But. In my opinion.. A TRUE would never do that to their idol.. I mean things that really make their idol uncomfortable.

shernyse shernyse
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:30 AM

fans should actually respect her privacy as she is having a short vacation with her family. and not following her everywhere. she need to relax and enjoy too
(:

kpopaddict kpopaddict
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:31 AM

Imma Singapore Sone and I want to say this in defence -
First of all, we all know how popular SNSD is. I always hear their names mentioned everywhere in public. The Hallyu wave is really strong here in Singapore. Secondly, korean groups rarely came. When SHINee came, it was crazy too. Im sure I would have overreacted too, I did, when I heard it. My friend's brother got his IPod cover signed! :o So its natural, I mean, Im sure some of us, including me would take pictures of her too, as we are not expecting SNSD to come to Singapore. And we're proud too. I kinda understand how they overreacted but its because we love Taeng so much, Im scared we scared her off though. :/ I hope we can be more mature next time, and I do hope SNSD comes. :D

Posted Image
b;pandagirl

Pebbles123 Pebbles123
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:32 AM

Poor Taeyeon... T_T geez... I didn't know her trip to SG went like that...T_T I have to remind myself that in case I see any of the girls, I should restrain myself and not do anything stupid... OMG. T_T

dan4413jwfJUH dan4413jwfJUH
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:37 AM

UGH...so bad - oh mi gosh cant the fans give her some privacy? if they adore her so much the least they can do is be more respectful of her
Jes♥♥SicaPosted ImagePosted ImageThe Soshi Theory- So Nyuh Shi Dae+Sone=9+1 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Posted Image

Sweet Taeng Sweet Taeng
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:37 AM

aw...
another news about our lovely leader at Singapore....
well...we (fans) have our own way to express our feeling about our idol....we have no right to judge each other now...
remember....we are SONEs....
we are unite to protect our lovely 9 angel....
SONEs are jjang!!

and thanks for soshiluv9 for clearing up news....
we appreciate your hard work....
you are jjang!

^^
thanks a lot for translating it...
hwai-taeng...

(wish you all the best Taeyeon-unnie....)

Kim Tae Yeon ()

Posted ImagePosted Image

siggy by : Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam