Photo

[ARTICLE] Taeyeon / Girl, Dreaming of FreedomTAEGANGERS, I RECOMMAND Y'ALL READING THIS ARTICLE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic
soCOOL soCOOL
  • Donors
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

Taeyeon, who has lately been gracing our televisions with Girls’ Generation performances, is currently preparing for a new musical. Her character, widely known as the main character in the movie, drama, and novel , is Amanae Kaoru. Living with congenital abnormalities, she is a character who sings with the hope of a life full of passion for music. I spent time listening to Taeyeon, who has dreamed about this new type of performance and taken a step back from fancy lighting and music.

Posted Image

Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon, and Kaoru

The last time the public had a chance to hear only Taeyeon’s voice in a song was a drama OST from two years ago. The drama was a popular piece of work, and the song emphasized the beautiful color of her voice and its lovely sensibility. In order to share a song for 9 people, usually they only receive a few parts each. Since casting idol stars has become a trend in musicals, lots of people might have expected the day where Taeyeon and musicals are united, and that prediction has come to fruition.

Taeyeon seemed like she had already thought about this path. “I was particularly interested in musicals since the debut. I couldn’t see musicals often because of SNSD promotions, but I got to properly watch a musical when Ock Joo Hyun unnie was in , which was held in National Theater during 2008. I was dying to do a musical. Since then, my mind was made up toward musicals.” With those thoughts in mind, she must have been secretly inspired by Jessica, who is a vocalist with Taeyeon in the team and was the first to advance into musicals. The response from her was very positive. “I received many invitations, but I had to forego some of them because of the album and personal activities such as radio. So I made sure to tell my company that if I get a chance to work with a great piece of work, I would definitely want to try it out. Fortunately, since I had a great chance during the break after the album promotion, I guess they recognized my intention.”

Actually, Taeyeon had a special connection with . “The first time I heard it was on its OST. During my trainee days, I got to know a singer named YUI, who was the main character and musician in the movie . After listening to YUI’s song ‘Goodbye Days’, I fell in love with it and started to practice every morning in the practice room. But after learning more about it, I found there was a movie, drama, and the original novel. So I watched them all. (Chuckle) I only thought about wanting to participate in it after hearing that it would be made into a musical.”

When asked why the musical attracted her, Taeyeon gave a funny response. “I really love the fact that there is no camera. [The camera] was like a type of occupational disease, where my actions and my words always came back, so I was always nervous about it or wounded by it. I felt a freedom after watching a musical performance. On that stage, I can do various types of dance and music, and the possibility that I can show my natural image felt like freedom. It seemed like a perfect stage that contained dancing, acting and singing. So my heart was overflowing with joy. Watching as an audience made me feel that way, and I feel that way while practicing in reality as well. Inside SNSD’s practice room, we have to practice mainly on choreography, and when we prepare an album, we practice in order to precisely match even the angles of our hands and feet. Nine of us have to look smooth. But the musical’s choreography has a smooth line, and looks independent. They both have their special charms, but the fact that I can move my body in a way that suits my body shape, and put my own feelings to it, is what I appreciate most about the musical.”

Even though it was only a short time watching her, it was memorable seeing her get along with the Seoul Musical members like an old colleague. Is it because she already had a long waiting period of 8 years, including 5 years and 3 months of training and 3 years after debuting? It seems like she was a person that knew when to stand out in a group and when not to, rather than just an idol star. “I hope you guys can watch me without any thought about the idol star from Girls’ Generation. In the musical, I’m just the youngest member who is still getting used to the atmosphere, not a celebrity.” Not as the twenty-two year old idol star ‘Taeyeon’, but as a normal street musician Kaoru, who can’t see the sun for her own reasons. That was the wish of Kim Taeyeon, who is about to have her musical debut.

Posted Image

Naturally and Freely

Taeyeon’s attachment to the musical , which is based on Denkawa Aya’s original novel and movie with three main songs, ‘Goodbye Days’, ‘It’s Happy Line’, and ‘Skyline’, is extraordinary. “I love the feeling of the original work and the songs. Above all things, Kaoru is a charming character. She’s anxious that uncomfortable things like paralysis can occur because of her illness, but she doesn’t get sad or frustrated because of that. She has a strong will to sing forever through the pain and to share her love with others around her.” It became very dynamic and bright after being dramatized into a musical.
Even with her extraordinary attachment, it must have been hard to decide to be in a musical with tight schedules due to official and repackage albums coming out in 2010, but she gave a resolute smile after accepting the fact that this situation was unexpected. “I didn’t know it would be this hard, because when I chose to participate in this musical, we had not confirmed our repackage album promotions. However, even with the schedules, I didn’t want to let go of this chance. I have no regrets as I decided to do this with determination.”

There was a guitar with ‘Taeyeon’ written on it on one side of the practice room. “As the guitar is something that connects Kaoru with the world, I’m practicing hard to actually perform on stage. I can play all the songs that I need to play and sing on stage. I’m currently trying to smooth out the rhythm and beat. I have great concentration when I’m practicing. What’s funny is that I tend to forget lyrics often, which is probably due to my anxiety. However, I memorized how to play the guitar, and the script all the way. I’m surprised at myself as well, haha.” As she is going out to the public as Taeyeon and not as Girls’ Generation, it’s expected of her to be very nervous. “To be honest, I can’t sleep because I’m so nervous. When Yoona was filming dramas, she was muttering to herself and practicing really hard. So I recorded Koji’s parts on a digital recorder, and I try to memorize my lines while listening to it. I’m practicing diligently, but I think I need some time.”
As this is her first time acting, there’s pressure in acting out a different character than herself, but as she continues, she’s found similarities between Karou and herself, and with that she said she slowly erases the pressure and puts in her own colors. “She doesn’t make any commotion just because she is in pain, and she is not a sad child like a person who is about to die. It just felt like a teenage girl. Talking with her friends, fighting with her dad, and being nervous when seeing boys, they were all similar to me.” We asked her, who wants to fill up the pressure and awkwardness with her own natural side, what her most comfortable and agreeable scene was, and replied with the dating scene with only Koji. “In my opinion, it is the scene where it shows the most similarity with me. With the actor who plays Koji, I still feel a little shy and awkward, and maybe that’s why I feel nervous. As I had the feeling without thinking that it was just acting, I thought ‘ah, so that’s how it feels’, and my mind was very comfortable during this scene.”

Taeyeon said she enjoyed watching , <200 Pound Beauty>, and recently . “I think it helps watching other actors’ performance,” and excitedly told her feelings about the musicals. “In <200 Pound Beauty>, I was surprised by Bada unnie. Her expressions and gestures change amazingly. It made me think a lot about sudden changes, concentration, and controlling your body. Recently, I watched Hong Rocky and Lee Jihoon oppas’ , and as it was the one I saw most recently, it helped the most in acting and the movements. I also try to watch Joohyun unnie’s performances.” Watching her talk about other works from the new point of view of someone that will be performing onstage, it seems like it’ll be a start to something new rather than just a short break from performances as a singer.

When asked how she felt when she didn’t like a performance, she replied, “I think and think about what I did wrong all day,” showing her understanding of her responsibilities and choices. Also, she knew how to naturally show the true Kim Taeyeon through her own will and how to enjoy and overcome the pressure. Now, she is catching her breath for a stage where she has to take the lead alone rather than nine members together. This is the moment when we can anticipate her new freedom onstage after a deep breath.

Posted Image

Translated by: [email protected] / [email protected]
Credits to: [email protected], themusical.co.kr

Original article Link: http://www.themusica...rt=12&num=16918

Posted Image Posted Image

GG_sunny GG_sunny
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

Taeyeon is doing great with the musical! Judging from the fan cams,I think we got to know the other talented side of her! I'm really happy that despite it's difficulties and tiresome,she's enjoying it.I wished I could watch her LIVE :(

Thanks for the translations!

Taeyeon=My dorkiness doze...Tiffany=My cuteness and hotness doze...Sunny=My sunshine...

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Oinkers Oinkers
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hoorah! (: Great job translating, SSFteam! ROFL

Thanks!

Edited by Oinkers, 14 May 2010 - 09:17 PM.

First attempt at fanfics:: Baby Steps... Let's take baby steps... Little by little...

LavaBlade LavaBlade
  • Donors
  • 1640 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

Wow! Thanks for translating this long article! Had fun reading it... =)

Now i've come to understand the musical and Taeng even more.
Its really a dream come true for taeyeon to be in a musical.
and she has really put in a lot of effort into it even with a tight schedule, showing everyone a new side of her!
and i hope one day, we get to see all or maybe a few SNSD members act together in one musical.

SNSD and Taeyeon fighting!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

5 years of Girls' Generation

SNSD | 소녀시대 | Girls' Generation | 少女時代

Jigeumeun Appurodo Yeongwonhi!

taengbear taengbear
  • Donors
  • 960 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

thanks for translating david+kelly!

eeeeeeekkk taeyeon <3 worked so hard for this musical! i really hope she can build up her reputation as a great musical actress!
wish i could go watch it in korea T_T

asdfasdfklajdf<333

stephapee stephapee
  • Donors
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

i didn't know taengoo liked YUI as well, just like me, oh more things in common lol. i loved the original movie as well.
but i can totally see how taeyeon has matured as a performer, not just as an idol. through the fancams i've seen, shes doing very well.
don't be nervous taengoo, we're all cheering for you (:

Belovedwinnie Belovedwinnie
  • Donors
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

Taeyeon is the best.. she sing so well.. and she play the guitar pretty well.. She do the best and we will support her to the end...she work very hard for it and we should support her.. thanks for translating..

Posted ImagePosted Image

Girls' Generation complete my life.지금은소녀시대,앞으로도소녀시대,영원히소녀시대!Always believe in TaeNy.

Follow me at twitter BelieveTaeny

"As a Locksmith, I vow to cherish the love between the YePeuni and her TaeTae. To celebrate their stares, their touches, their Love. To strongly believe in Taeny even when they go BTS. And to never let anyone discourage me by saying Taeny isn't real, because Taeny is Real in my heart. Taeny is Love."

credits go to all owners^^ thanks

Kyoichi Kyoichi
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

i think our taengoo is really doing well with musicals....

personally, i loved taiyou no uta... so letting taeyeon take up the role of kaoru is the best....

can't imagine anyone else rendering goodbye days as well as our taeyeon...

i think she will keep on maturing and learning from all the sunbaes

and mature into someone as established as joo hyun noona...

TAEYEON HWAITING!!! :) :) :)

keep_FaLLen keep_FaLLen
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

wow thanks for translating !!
i love her musical , the fancam was awesome , wish i can attend T^T
aaa !! taeyeon hwaitaeng !!

김태연 | 제시카 | 써니 | 티파니 | 김효연 | 권유리 | 최수영 | 임윤아 | 서주현

--We are nothing without 9

--Twitter

Bordagolz Bordagolz
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:04 PM

Yey Taeyeon Is Doing Great In That Career She's Done A Lot .
Wanna See Some More Cool Selcams Anyways I Wish Her The Best In Making That Musical
She'll Be The Best I Know It : D HWAITING ~

Sweet Taeng Sweet Taeng
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

whoa~ taengoo unnie~
^^
she's fell in love with yui's song~
and she's sing it beautifully~

nice work unnie~
hehe~ and goodluck for the next musical~
taengoo jjang!
hwaitaeng~

Kim Tae Yeon ()

Posted ImagePosted Image

siggy by : Me

shorttiieexp shorttiieexp
  • Donors
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

I'm glad she's enjoying herself & finding new things that would show more of her true colors <3

i look up to people who have strong determinations & no regrets for choices they make on their own ! People with this kind of mentality are great, & they get to places ! Taeyeon, you're doing great ! ;D

As a Taeganger , I promise to despise all aegyo ,
To remain secretive with my butt fetishes ,
To laugh whenever & however I want ,
To spread my ' amajjing ! ' engrish to everyone ,
Do everything I can to help TaeYeon in her quest to conquer the world ,
& to wear a mustache to make my TaeYeon proud !

soshiMF soshiMF
  • Donors
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

Thank you for translating this.. Been waiting for it..
It's really good that Taeyeon finally made her own dreams come true by doing musical..
I hope to see her again in the musical stages in the future again..
Hope she is healthy throughout this process..
Once again, thank you for this article..

yuriluvv yuriluvv
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

congrats tae unnie! :)

Miss Taken Miss Taken
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2849 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:25 PM

Thank you for translating such a long article. I'm happy for Taeyeon cause I didn't know that she really wanted to be in a musical eversince and now one of her dreams has come true. I agree with her that it was different being on stage with cameras and being in a musical cause you can act freely the way you wanted to. The character fitted her so well because she was also full of life and very optimistic. I'm sure that she'll join her time here.

qjMf3HY.png
Ongoing: SBD Oneshots: X|X Twitter: nicealyssa

Vanzabor'9'sauce Vanzabor'9'sauce
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

ahh ~ i love this ~ finally taengg ^^ i love your drama musical ~ thanks for the translation and the article ^^ but ~ who is kaoru ? lol ~ sorry ~ i don't know who she is ~ kekeke

Posted Image

As a GorJess Spazzer~
I'll make sure cucumbers will cease to exist,
practice how to do a dolphin squeal-like scream,
sleep whenever there's an opportunity; if there isn't then resort to day-dreaming,
hold my chopsticks in a very odd way, wear Abercrombie and Fitch as much as possible,
and learn my English badly so I'll receive scolding from my lovely Sica. ♥

SosiForehead SosiForehead
  • Donors
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

The character suit her...
Full of energy...tat is totally talkin ab her^^
All the soshi gals are so talented...
Long Live Dorky Taengoo!!!
I hope tis musical will be a success:)

BarneyBoy BarneyBoy
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for sharing! Where can I watch the whole performance? How I wish I could.

You goona live the music in your heart, you got to feel it.
Bloggy Here! | Follow me on Twitter!

Posted Image

yoonism yoonism
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:58 PM

woah... thanks for translating this...

gosh.. taeyeon's answers are just epic... her answers was so.. how should i say this.. mature??
i dunno .. but i really like all of her answers...
really a great article to translate... thanks a lot...

zomgpls zomgpls
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

taeyeon hwaiting~! from the fancams of the musical, it seem that taeyeon is doing a really good job,
and the person that she kissed is so lucky ><
thx for the translations :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing
@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?