Photo

[MESSAGES] Letters SNSD wrote to their moms for Inkigayo03/01/09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic
dongie dongie
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:07 AM

Here are the translations of the letters SNSD wrote to their moms..
Unfortunately, Yoona and Tiffany didn't write a letter or SBS just didnt show it..
Don't attack me if my translations are wrong a bit, the vid had bad quality, and i tried my best ^^

Seohyun: "Mom...Thank you for giving all your love to me. I will be a daughter that you can be proud of"

Jessica:"I will be a lovely daughter that always smiles. Don't be sick. I love you"

Hyo:"Mom~ Hi >.< thank you for giving life to me, and raising me. Love you."

Taeng: "Thank you for believing in my decision, and supporting me. I am proud of you and want to be like you mom."

Yuri: "I can't find the words to decribe how thankful I am. I love you. I thank you for the infinite love and words of support."

Sunny:"I will work harder to be a better daughter. I miss you and love you."

SY:"I know Mom loves me a lot. I know i can't love my mom more than she loves me, but I love her more than anything. To the greatest happiness of my life...."

Credits: [email protected]/forums

Posted ImagePosted Image

banner by monica and jennie

cool cool
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:10 AM

thanks for your translation, now i can fully understand it.
im feel a bit sad when hearing this song! did taeng drop her tear?

camiiseta camiiseta
  • Donors
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

Well, we love you for posting them! Must be really hard for Tiffany to think up of JUST a sentence to say to her mom...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sheng07 Sheng07
  • Donors
  • 789 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:54 AM

very touching messages.. thank you for all their moms because without them.. they wont be here right now. thank you for inspiring us snsd!

Anny Anny
  • Donors
  • 1408 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:14 AM

ahh these are very touching ~
the girls really love their moms =] and they all seem to have a good relationship with them^^
I'm happy for them ~ too bad yoong and tiff couldn't write one too
thanks for the translations dongie !

Posted ImagePosted Image

SeoTaengSic
banner pics: hongstar

Emma Faesri Emma Faesri
  • Donors
  • 2150 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

So these were what they wrote during the perf..
Sooyoung's message is very touching..
Hyoyeon's message seemed casual.. Like friends..
And Taengoo broke down during the perf.. Our Taengoo.. Be strong.

Wonder what Yoong and Fany wrote.. especially Fany.. T-T

Thanks for the translation..

The bond that can never be broken..
Posted Image

Forever TaeNy + YulSic

victorau victorau
  • Donors
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:56 AM

Thank you for translating, dongie. The letters were really sweet. I liked Hyo's the best. She is really precious in her expressiveness, always caring for others.

I think its hard to sing this song without crying. The girls are bringing all their emotions to the surface when they sing. If they sing Himnae, they are bringing all their joy into their song. When they sing Gee, they bring all their adolescent dreams of love and infatuations into the song. For Dear Mom, its like all the times that they shared together with their moms growing up and now realizing afresh how little time they can spend with their moms. So all those memories combined with all the hardships to bring forth hope and goodness. Families are so important in korean culture, and there are few bonds deeper than the one between mother and daughter. I think this song really taps into the flavor of that unique relationship.

Posted Image

ricochet ricochet
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:04 AM

awww that is too cute & too filial~ i thought that yuri's & sooyoung's stood out the most. their mums must be so proud~ i wonder if they listened & watched them perform dear mum & got teary eyed as well~

ah! i'm getting flutters in my stomach just thinking about it lol ^^

Seo-ed Seo-ed
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

thanks for the translations.
i bet fany has lots to say. a sentence is just nt enuff for her.
i bet everyone has de same thoughts too.
a sentence jus cant show de feelings of de gals after being away frm home fer so long.
T_T
SNSD FIGHTING!

x1tzc1ndy x1tzc1ndy
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:27 AM

Although these letters might have been really short and simple, it really expressed the emotions of the girls well. You can feel how much love they put into the letters for their moms
gotta admit, i felt a lil sad reading these. oh man now i gotta go watch the perf..
thanks for the translations!

dorklove dorklove
  • Donors
  • 878 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

Thank you for translating~
The girls are so... well, they're good daughters... I'm serious when I say Dear Mom helped me grow up even more as a person. Amazing feat, for a simple song.

Anyways...to be an entertainer is... like the girls don't speak of it a lot... but I can only begin to imagine how it is to be rarely seeing your parents/family, even at important events of your life (I'm thinking of Yoong and Sooyoung's graduation...and their birthdays...) and so on. I don't know...
I wish the girls all the best... Hwaiting... as fans I hope we give them strength. Lots of it... Because the girls give us fans back a lot... of energy, happiness and optimistic...strength...?

SNSD HWAITING!

PS. I think Tiffany's mom is probably...probably...she already...passed away...? I think we learned that from the "Thanks To..." in their first album (is that the case?)
But I also wonder...what about Yoona's mom? As someone said in the Sbox, Yoona only talks about her father and sister...? I remember there was this show where a camera followed Yoona around for a while (a day or so?- I think it was Good Morning too..?) and even then...
Does anyone know anything about that...?

Posted Image
hardworking.dreaming.pure.diverse.talented.persevering.dorks.asdfghjkkl;.Soshi. S♥ne
No other words to describe the love.fangirling.hype.support.strength.bond.
Credits: .Heather <3 Thank you

ayotrd ayotrd
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

PS. I think Tiffany's mom is probably...probably...she already...passed away...? I think we learned that from the "Thanks To..." in their first album (is that the case?)
But I also wonder...what about Yoona's mom? As someone said in the Sbox, Yoona only talks about her father and sister...? I remember there was this show where a camera followed Yoona around for a while (a day or so?- I think it was Good Morning too..?) and even then...

im also wondering about yoona too. i found it strange in that interview during the YAMD, her mom wasnt at lunch.. and i just read in the thread about this performance in the tiffany forum that yoona's parents had seperated? anyone know more?

envee envee
  • Donors
  • 1003 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

thank you for the translations! they are so sweet to their parents and you can see that they love them so very much! short and sweet! SooYoung's was especially touching to me. She really knows how to express herself in words huh?

I am sorry to both Fany and YoonA. we know about fany's situation but im sure there is a reason which yoong didn't write a note to her mother. we have yet to find out and i just hope people don't keep pressing on that matter (i am sure this will happen). when she is ready she will tell everyone and until then i hope they don't bug her too much, and bug fany less as well! Yoona & Fany hwaiting!! SOSHIjjangS2

Posted ImagePosted Image

JeTi SooRi

Twitter me :)

credits to:
juhyun ♥ -> avatar
sica-effect ♥ -> JeNy sig
nutternut -> SooRi sig

kimmon kimmon
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1739 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

Mom..
Thank you so much for raising this thoughtless girl into a non-possesive person.
I'll become your praise-worthy daughter, Seo Juhyun~!
From. Seohyun

thats more efficient for seohyun, she didn't say anything about giving love.
Posted Image

bug bug
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

Not really reliable info but at the time, people were saying Yoona's mom lives apart from Yoona's family cuz she works abroad...

eunsoo eunsoo
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1973 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:20 PM

Thanx for translating their messages for their moms. ^^
although their messages just short, its soo touching and meaningful for their mom.
I knw its hard for fany to write the message... but yoona?

Posted Image

barapamos barapamos
  • Donors
  • 1594 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:21 PM

They all put their hearts in this message to their moms.
Such a great love from the daughters to the mothers.

I especially touch with Sooyoung words.

SY:"I know Mom loves me a lot. I know i can't love my mom more than she loves me, but I love her more than anything. To the greatest happiness of my life...."

Thanks a lot for the translation.
You did great!!! :sq_silver_biggrin:

We Are Nothing Without 9
Posted Image
Taengoo: "데뷔 후 라디오에서 이렇게 즐거워하는 시카는 처음보내요."
Sica: "탱구랑 같이 있어서 그래여~" -- From ChinChin 090723

Credit Sig Photo: me

o-hoy! o-hoy!
  • Donors
  • 1486 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

thanks for translating dongie!~
i was wondering if anyone had translated the letters..
their letters sound so sweet and cute!! ^_^

tgeezy tgeezy
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

aw. i hate it when teleivision announcers ask tiff about her mother and parents... is that really necessary? Is it necessary to torment her like that? can they do their research fo realls? :(

lovelovelove. lovelovelove.
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:05 AM

aww man, its just so sweet ofthem to do this.
this really makes me miss my mum too...
sooyoungs one tugged at my heart,
"I know i can't love my mom more than she loves me, but I love her more than anything."
aww.. :sq_silver_unhappy:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run