• PipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image

o=최승현 [email protected]
pic=김승완 [email protected]
t = [email protected]

ddil = clumsy

Tiffany is the girl who was more known as 'DdilFany'. SNSD's Tiffany (20 Stephanie Hwang) is the first member that showed cute clumsiness amongst too "perfect" idol group. Because of that, she was put in a spotlight and appeared in many variety shows along with Yoona. Tiffany was also once known as a mascot of SNSD. "I was just the first one to be known. Now people know each and every member very well."

She modestly replied, but as I brought up the "DdilFany" subject, she smiled cheerfully and laughed her heart out.

"I was concentrating on singing too much in the first performance of ITNW. We had to switch our mic but I made a mistake. It stood out I guess."

Tiffany said, "I almost felt like to hide inside a rat hole. It was really embarrassing and distressing. That small mistake immediately became a huge issue in the Internetâ?? and added, â??It happened 3 months after our debut. But because of that, more people started to be interested in me. I was given a nickname "DdilFany". People was worried at first but now that I rarely make a mistake, they encourage me by saying 'You have improved a lot'. Hmm, but the unfair thing is that, other members do make mistakes too but people picked on only me".

Tiffany is from LA. She got cast by SM ent when she was singing in an Asian festval. The song that she sang at the time is Christina Aguilera's 'The Voice Within'. "I dreamed of becoming a lawyer. Parents wanted me to keep pursuing that goal, so they were against me being a singer". Tiffany's sister is now studying for PhD in Columbia University in NY majoring in biology and anthropology.

Tiffany often has to stay at home alone because her family isn't in Korea. Would she be lonely? She said, "In trainee days, I didn't feel anything when other friends said they were going to meet their family, but lately I suddenly feel loneliness a lot". But she'd never show that to her family.

"I chose to do this work that my parent was against. When you gain something, you lose something. I came here thinking 'This or nothing', so it's wrong to show that kind of weakness to my family".

Posted Image

â??Sheâ??s so mischievous. She just never stops pulling pranks on us. She would always put a fake bug on our beds. One time she even tied all our shoes and ran awayâ? (Sooyoung)

In response to Sooyoungâ??s complaint, Yuri merely laughed. Yuri replied â??Heeing~ I donâ??t know. Itâ??s so fun, I canâ??t help myselfâ?. All members were dumbfounded by Yuriâ??s response, but soon they all giggled.

She can play baseball, basketball, and various other sports. When Yuri pitched at a baseball event, her skilled pitching surprised everyone. People said her pitching reminded them of a major league baseball player Kim Byunghun and gave her the nickname â??BK Yuriâ??. An athletic Yuri is also very playful and has a bright personality.

â??Sometimes, Iâ??m curious about who I am. I think my personality is like a kaleidoscope, because my personality has various aspects.â? said Yuri as she fidgeted with her fingers. Then her eyes flashed.

â??Since I was little, I had so much curiosity over everything. It really bothers me when I donâ??t try out everything. You know how thereâ??s a kid who is always curious about what his/her mom packed for lunch? I was that kid; I would always open my lunch during 1st hourâ?. (laughs)

She tried out acting by being on a sitcom â??Unstoppable Marriageâ?? in 2007. Yuri said, â??I wanted to try out everything: acting, singing, and dancing. Thatâ??s because Iâ??m curious about what my limit isâ?. I guess her endless curiosity is responsible for her endless talent.

â??I want to try out something, which people donâ??t expect me to try out. Also, I would like to be in an unimaginable situation." added Yuri. However, she doesnâ??t have a greed for worldly pleasures.

â??Even though people may say I donâ??t have the mindset of a professional, Iâ??m not really interested in things like â??1 million album salesâ?? or â??Promoting Overseasâ??. I just want to do something which will bring joy to people. If you didnâ??t know, Iâ??m a happy virus. I think youâ??re already infected by it. Are you ok?â?

credits:
written by Song Hyejin [email protected]
picture by Kim Seungwan [email protected]
translation by [email protected]/forums

mlight93 mlight93
  • Donors
  • 2981 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:14 AM

"I chose to do this work that my parent was against. When you gain something, you lose something. I came here thinking 'This or nothing', so it's wrong to show that kind of weakness to my family".

wow...that was deep.
Fany is definitely a lot brighter than ppl give her credit for
she's such an independent girl!
my gosh. my love for Fany just keeps growing!
you were picked on because u were loved Fany-ah~ it's okk XD
wow, i had no idea Fany wanted to be a lawyer..
awww Fany's feeling lonely now? T-T come here Fany-ah, i'll give u a hug! lol
i wonder what suddenly cause her to feel this loneliness though
since she was fine throughout all of her trainee yrs...
ack Fany..i hope she talks to her members more at least
keeping everything inside isn't alway a good thing > <
but i love the way Fany thinks. and it's so right too.
you should stick to the choice you made no matter how hard it is.
i guess the reason why Fany's so strong is because she thinks this way
she so amazes me. and i admire her soo much!
Fany has matured a LOT over the course of 1 year!
i feel so..proud -sniffs- LOL ok anyways..
thanks for translating this bug!!

Posted Image

Taeyeon Jessica Sunny
Tiffany Hyoyeon Yuri
Sooyoung Yoona Seohyun
no one can resist the power of 9

ain91 ain91
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:16 AM

waahhh!!!!
tiffany.......i love youuuuuu!!!!
uh..uh..i dunno what to say..
for me..tiffany is the most independent in snsd...
wow!!!her sister doin PhD in biology and anthropology!!!!
her sister really smart..
tiffany!!!!!no matter what..i will always support u!!!!

i love SNSD...i love SOSHIFIED
Posted Image
my twitter~credits to SteFa & s2_paperheart

nixx nixx
  • Donors
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:32 AM

aww. Fany-ah. she's such a strong person. i don't think i can ever live by myself in a place i wasn't raised in at all. but she did it, and im so proud of her.
her sister goes to school in NY now huh?
i guess she graduated from UC berkeley already and now getting her PHD in NY.
her sister is really smart, and we know fany is smart too thats why prolly her dad didnt want her to become a singer at first.

but im just wondering though...
doesnt Fany have any relatives in Korea at all?
i mean in either her dad or mom's side?

Edited by nixx, 16 February 2009 - 01:15 PM.

a proud sone and tiffany's yeongwonhan biggest fan...
since god knows when.

FanyFanyGoGoGo FanyFanyGoGoGo
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

I feel so sad about her situation before~
No one want to be alone and no one want to leave their family
I'm really proud of her and also proud of being her fans~
Tiffany is a strong girl~Fany Fany Tiffany hwaiting ^______^

Tailors girls by Chis~*

Posted Image

Posted Image

G E N I E gif by Hikaru_Angels~*

FanyFanyGoGoGo FanyFanyGoGoGo
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:54 AM

but im just wondering though...
doesnt Fany have any relatives in Korea at all?
i mean in either her dad or mom's side?

So far as I know~she don't have any relatives in Korea~
her dear mom passed away already~and her dad is in America....so sad

Tailors girls by Chis~*

Posted Image

Posted Image

G E N I E gif by Hikaru_Angels~*

nixx nixx
  • Donors
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

^ yeah~ ive been a fan of hers since the start, but ive never really hear her talk about her relatives in korea :C
i was thinking they're all probably in america too. lol.

a proud sone and tiffany's yeongwonhan biggest fan...
since god knows when.

envee envee
  • Donors
  • 1003 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

fany fighting!! she is definitely the strongest of all the members. the fact that she can talk about this is already evidence =( she doesn't see her family much even during holidays while the others do. we all take out families for granted! she is right when she said when you gain something you lose something as well. FANY FIGHTING!! be strong ^^

Posted ImagePosted Image

JeTi SooRi

Twitter me :)

credits to:
juhyun ♥ -> avatar
sica-effect ♥ -> JeNy sig
nutternut -> SooRi sig

Rune Rune
  • Donors
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

Awww... I hate how interviews keep picking on her about the whole family issue... I mean if it's an uncomfortable subject they should just leave it. It's okay tiffany! I'm sure your parents deep down are really really proud of you! Fany fighting!
Right now is SNSD~!
The future is SNSD~!
Forever is SNSD~!
Soshi Hwaiting!

aZnNeRd aZnNeRd
  • Donors
  • 1185 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:52 PM

-.- I dislike how the media always has to mention Fany's ddil moments even though it's been atleast a year since then.
Poor Fany feeling like she had to hide :/ at least she had friends there to support her.

I dreamed of becoming a lawyer.

This is the first time I've seen her mention this. I bet she would have been a great lawyer since she would never back down and hates to lose.

Tiffany's sister is now studying for PhD in Columbia University in NY majoring in biology and anthropology.

Dang her sister is smart :o Columbia is one of those "up there" colleges AND getting a PhD in 2 fields???

So sad that Fany feels lonely, hope the members comfort her. Fany's strong though and this quote only proves it.

XMENStorm.jpg

Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

Oh so that's why Fany mentioned that her sister isn't in Cali anymore but living in NY now. You know lately with every new interview and side that Fany shows to us, I've learned so much about her and have become a bigger fan of her. Fany the lawyer would have been interesting ... but aish to be honest I'm really selfish but I love Fany the singer more than anything else. She's a strong girl and I'm very impressed by her. Thanks for sharing joe.

twitter: http://twitter.com/soyuri
Global Generation

Save yourself time and check the FAQs before PM-ing me.

jgrace jgrace
  • Donors
  • 2455 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

i never expect her to pursue a career in law... that's amazing!
and its brave of her to fulfill her dreams that were totally against what her parents wanted...
but look where it got her now. i feel bad how far away she is from her family, but she's so strong :)
go tiffy!! and thanks for posting joe :)

Posted Image

c; Evon&taengoo.

octi-eww octi-eww
  • Donors
  • 2514 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

I don't know how she'd do as a lawyer but I do know now that SNSD's Tiffany is doing great :) But whatever she pursues, as long as she has passion for it, she can do it all the way. She's proved us that quite well until now ^^ She can be SNSD's lawyer for the moment though, competing with Yuri lol I love her answers :) Thanks !

Posted Image Posted Image
beyond infinity = beyond 9 ♥

rayrain rayrain
  • Donors
  • 502 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

Ah this is a good Fany interview.
It's so Fany-ish, but it really seems like she's the one
who's very outspoken about her everyday life/situations or simply musings.
Out of all the 9 girls, I've got to say that I know her, probably
the best and that she never fails to share personal/impersonal
information about herself. Hence, why it's a small wonder why
the majority feel a strong affection for her, just because we
actually get to connect with her among others. Major props Ddilfany~
Also, the short bob hairdo really stood out :p
From an old previous newspaper interview, they were asked
individually what might they'd be doing if they weren't a part
of SNSD. Well one of the answer was, "to become a lawyer"
Speculations after another and we've all deduce to thinking that
it might have been Jessica or Seohyun, but I guess this one solved it for us.
It's Fany all along. That thought just never dawned on anyone, I guess.
Seems far-fetched to imagine.
Also, I'd like to point out her last comment.
I don't really think people give Tiffany enough credits on her interview replies.
She may babble and mumble a lot but in actuality, her response are fairly
perceptive and professionally done. She's not as clumsy and ditsy as they say,
nor have I ever thought of her that way. She's quite stronger than we all give
her credit for, and just the fact that she always thinks about her family and tries to protect
them by not making them worry about her is truly remarkable.
I don't know about you but there's no mean bone to Tiffany for you not to like.

Thanks for the translations Joe.

~ We're Nothing Without 9 ~

HyperionZ HyperionZ
  • Donors
  • 1105 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

I didn't know Fany wanted to become a lawyer. But I think she would make a great lawyer because she is very organized and detailed in her work, so she would really succeed as a lawyer, and her personality would keep on trying to get it done and do her best. I think she was unfairly judged from the beginning too because her short hair got her noticed out of the group first, and if you're the one being noticed, everyone is watching you and just waiting for anything bad to happen. Tiffany is just a strong girl and I hope she can visit us more often if she needs comfort, or even just talking about it with the members so she lets it out. Tiffany hwaiting!
Posted Image
Banner credit to icy-love

ivonchu ivonchu
  • Donors
  • 2604 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

I guess this could be the something new I learnt today. Fany wanting to be a lawyer, our adorable mushroom, with the eyesmile and all. I can't imagine. Nevertheless, I guess it's obvious that being a Fany fan that I'm proud of her, how much she's grown over time, how much more mature she's getting and how she's determined to keep on improving. The new side of Fany is definitely intersting and refreshing from her bubbly personality, a strong girl and definitely one that shouldn't be judged so easily... Gah, Fany jjang.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
on hiatus

djbeans djbeans
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

wonder if she'll pursue a college degree...perhaps not in music/theatre/arts like many other singers, actors/actresses, etc?

good thing she's not an only child and has older sibs...hope they get to skype or video chat often.

hope she gets a chance to visit with family soon...though would be difficult since her sister's in ny and i think the rest of the family is in cali...

pimpimento pimpimento
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:35 AM

This part is so emotional for me.
Go Fany Go!!!
You are doing very well.
We are supporting you

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

pimpimento pimpimento
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:36 AM

This part is so emotional for me.
Go Fany Go!!!
You are doing very well.
We are supporting you

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Deer's Earrings Deer's Earrings
  • Donors
  • 920 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:38 AM

Great now we have 2 strong members in SNSD, 1 is physically and the other 1 is mentally and that would be Fany, and personally i dun think Fany is a clumsy person in real in case if she still live in us with her family i bet she's the perfect type girl guys are longing for - clever, cute, pretty, charming and have such a great voice in singing.

I think the reason she bcame so clumsy is bcos what she had showed so far, which is she's jus too independent and will try on everything on her own even for the 1st time, and for those vocabulary games in varieties, it's not easy to learn those grammar of korean i think and Fany doesn't come to korea jus to learn their grammar so basically she can only master it through daily communication and learn from the experience, she'll improve eventually after a year or more... :)

My fave member mayb Yoona but Tiffany is currently the member i concern about the most and yeah i hope Fany can come here even once in while in case she needs some support or comfort, i wish she can really c that she has lot of international S♡NE giving strength to her...

Posted Image

cr: kyumila@tumblr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run