16 replies to this topic
GPTX GPTX
  • Project Leaders
  • 673 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

PLEASE ONLY POST IF DONATING

bi8MXCq.png

01UP-Disaster-articleLarge.jpg

"Thousands of people have been killed by a massive 7.9 magnitude earthquake that hit Nepal on April 25, 2015. There is widespread devastation across Nepal. The death toll, now over 5,000, continues to rise as search and rescue efforts are underway in Kathmandu and across the country. There is no way to accurately guess how many are in need throughout the other cities and hundreds of villages at this time. We have been hearing that villages - especially those closest to the epicenter - have been the most devastated. Some initial reports suggest that many villages have been totally flattened by the quake. There have been dozens of tremors and aftershocks since the first earthquake, further destabilizing structures and complicating rescue efforts.

The immediate need on the ground is for medical support, search and rescue, emergency shelters and food and water among many other things. As the days, weeks and months go by and after the humanitarian needs are addressed, Nepal will need to begin the healing and rebuilding process. The magnitude of the damage is still being assessed, but hundreds of buildings have collapsed including many homes and many of Nepal’s ancient and iconic temples and monuments." - 
Prabal Gurung

WHO
Soshified will be collecting funds to be donated to Prabal Gurung's Shikshya Foundation NepalDue to the unfortunate timing, this will also serve as our annual Anniversary Charity.

HOW
1. Crowdrise

a. Donate directly by credit card to our campaign on Shikshya Foundation Nepal's pageWe strongly encourage everyone to donate here if possible.

b. Please make sure to either use or include your Display Name when making the donation.

c. There is an automatic optional processing fee that helps fund Crowdrise included at the end but you can change it if you wish.

2. Paypal (DEADLINE: August 1, 2015)

a. Send payments to projects.soshifiedint@gmail.com

b. Please make sure to select "sending money to family or friends." This option may not be available in some countries.

c. Please note that if you are funding your PayPal account from a non US account, a credit or debit card you may be assessed a fee so take this into account when making your donation. 

d. Please include the following in the Paypal subject box: [SONEforNepal] Display name (NOT your log-in user name).

3. Use the below format to post your donation in this thread:

Display Name:
Amount:
Method: Crowdrise or PP

4. Once your donation has been confirmed, your name and donation amount will be listed below. If you wish to remain anonymous, you do not have to post your donation on the thread, but please make sure to include your SSF username in your Paypal payment as well as making a note that you wish to remain anonymous.

We also want to share our thoughts and prays with those affected. So make sure to help Soshified trend #SONEforNepal on Twitter to spread the word about Nepal's predicament and support global relief efforts. 

FAQS

Q: I can't donate much, should I even bother?
A: Yes! Every donation helps.

Q: Do I become a Donor if I donate?
A: If you make a net donation (after fees are subtracted if applicable) of $10 USD or more, you will become a 
Donor as long as you are not a color already.

Q: I donated on Crowdrise but did not include my Display Name. How do I get Donor status?
A: Forward your Crowdrise donation email to projects.soshifiedint@gmail.com. Make sure to fill out the subject line with [Nepal] SSF display name[size=NaN] (NOT your log-in user name).

Q: How long will you be collecting donations ?

A: Our Crowdrise campaign will remain open indefinitely since the funds are directly deposited with the charity however we will stop keeping a record at the beginning of August. We will also stop accepting PayPal donations at the same time.

Thank you everybody for your continued support for all the projects Soshified has been doing.

9lobal 9eneration
E Pluribus Unum: Out of many, one.

GPTX GPTX
  • Project Leaders
  • 673 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:13 PM

Donations

9lobal 9eneration
E Pluribus Unum: Out of many, one.

kaizersabre kaizersabre
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

It's so heartening to see that Soshified has decided to play a part in helping out with the relief efforts :) #faithinhumanityrestored

Many have lost their lives, their homes and loved ones in this tragedy, but it gives me hope to see so many people from different places pouring in money, humanitarian aid and even human resources into Kathmandu ~

Please continue to pray for the people there! Rescuers and those being rescued alike!

Pairta Pairta
  • Donors
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:30 PM

Display Name: Pairta
Amount: 50 USD
Method: Crowdrise

AIR_VOID AIR_VOID
  • Donors
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:26 AM

Display Name: airvoid
Amount: USD 20

RickachuSNSD RickachuSNSD
  • Super Moderators
  • 3492 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:13 AM

Name: Rick♥SNSD
Amount: USD 100.00

Jigemeun, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Apuroudo, So Nyuh Shi Dae! Yongwonhi, So Nyuh Shi Dae! So Nyuh Shi Dae Saranghe!
My encounter with the Girls:
Bangkok, Hsinchu, Manila, Taipei, Taipei Again, Bulacan, Seoul, Hong Kong, Seoul Again, Taipei 3rd, Manila Again, Manila 3rd
My thoughts on the Girls: Power of Nine, One Year Later, Two Years, On Being a SONE, Deeper Feelings At your own risk: Twitter, Instagram Covers: Blind CH Ver. (SM The Ballad Zhoumi), Non-SNSD Covers Thread, SNSD Covers Thread Fanfic: Breathe, Don't Speak
BunnyPancake.jpg
If Fany uploads a picture of herself in that Party MV bikini like what Sunny did, I SWEAR I'M GONNA THROW MYSELF OUT THE WINDOW

ShaoRiN ShaoRiN
  • Donors
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

Name: ShaoRiN
Amount: USD 20

Thanks SSF for always organize such meaningful event  :thumbsup:

302amgw.jpg

peter799 peter799
  • Donors
  • 1 posts